Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dppa5a
Description: developmental pluripotency associated 5A
Alias: AA536857, Dppa5, Esg1, ecat2, developmental pluripotency-associated protein 5A, ES cell-associated transcript 2 protein, ESG-1, developmental pluripotency associated 5, embryonal stem cell specific gene 1, embryonal stem cell-specific gene 1 protein, mDppa5, protein pH 34
- Krentz A, Murphy M, Zhang T, Sarver A, Jain S, Griswold M, et al. Interaction between DMRT1 function and genetic background modulates signaling and pluripotency to control tumor susceptibility in the fetal germ line. Dev Biol. 2013;377:67-78 pubmed publisher..Given the strong evidence for involvement of DMRT1 in human TGCT, the downstream genes and pathways identified in this study provide potentially useful candidates for roles in the human disease. ..
- Amano H, Itakura K, Maruyama M, Ichisaka T, Nakagawa M, Yamanaka S. Identification and targeted disruption of the mouse gene encoding ESG1 (PH34/ECAT2/DPPA5). BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:11 pubmed..Previous studies identified genomic clones containing the mouse ESG1 gene and five pseudogenes...
- Pierre A, Gautier M, Callebaut I, Bontoux M, Jeanpierre E, Pontarotti P, et al. Atypical structure and phylogenomic evolution of the new eutherian oocyte- and embryo-expressed KHDC1/DPPA5/ECAT1/OOEP gene family. Genomics. 2007;90:583-94 pubmed publisher..Khdc1a and Khdc1b belong to a family of several members including the so-called developmental pluripotency A5 (Dppa5) genes, the cat/dog oocyte expressed protein (cat OOEP and dog OOEP) genes, and the ES cell-associated transcript ..
- Mitiku N, Baker J. Genomic analysis of gastrulation and organogenesis in the mouse. Dev Cell. 2007;13:897-907 pubmed..Drosophila homologs of these genes are also coordinately downregulated following gastrulation, suggesting that the combined function of these genes has been conserved during metazoan evolution. ..
- Han D, Tapia N, Joo J, Greber B, Arauzo Bravo M, Bernemann C, et al. Epiblast stem cell subpopulations represent mouse embryos of distinct pregastrulation stages. Cell. 2010;143:617-27 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the rare ability of EpiSCs to contribute to chimeras is due to the presence of the minor EpiSC fraction representing the early epiblast. ..
- Saito K, Abe H, Nakazawa M, Irokawa E, Watanabe M, Hosoi Y, et al. Cloning of complementary DNAs encoding structurally related homeoproteins from preimplantation mouse embryos: their involvement in the differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:687-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it was concluded that these transcripts encoding homeoproteins are capable of regulating the maintenance and/or differentiation of mouse ES cells and likely regulate that of preimplantation embryos. ..
- Kim S, Suh M, Yoon H, Lee J, Oh S, Moon S, et al. Identification of developmental pluripotency associated 5 expression in human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells. 2005;23:458-62 pubmed..We confirmed that developmental pluripotency associated 5 (Dppa5), originally found in mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs) and mouse embryonic carcinoma ..
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Saga Y. Interaction of NANOS2 and NANOS3 with different components of the CNOT complex may contribute to the functional differences in mouse male germ cells. Biol Open. 2014;3:1207-16 pubmed publisher..This alternate interaction might account for the molecular basis of the functional redundancy and differences in NANOS2 and NANOS3 functions. ..