Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dnm1
Description: dynamin 1
Alias: AI838169, Dnm, Ftfl, mKIAA4093, dynamin-1
- Taylor M, Lampe M, Merrifield C. A feedback loop between dynamin and actin recruitment during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001302 pubmed publisher..Conversely actin serves as a dynamic scaffold that concentrates dynamin and N-BAR proteins at sites of scission. ..
- Ferguson S, Ferguson S, Raimondi A, Paradise S, Shen H, Mesaki K, et al. Coordinated actions of actin and BAR proteins upstream of dynamin at endocytic clathrin-coated pits. Dev Cell. 2009;17:811-22 pubmed publisher..and dynamin, we have analyzed endocytic intermediates that accumulate in cells that lack dynamin (derived from dynamin 1 and 2 double conditional knockout mice)...
- Piccoli G, Onofri F, Cirnaru M, Kaiser C, Jagtap P, Kastenmüller A, et al. Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 binds to neuronal vesicles through protein interactions mediated by its C-terminal WD40 domain. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2147-61 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a critical role of the WD40 domain within LRRK2 function. ..
- Bodmer D, Ascano M, Kuruvilla R. Isoform-specific dephosphorylation of dynamin1 by calcineurin couples neurotrophin receptor endocytosis to axonal growth. Neuron. 2011;70:1085-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, NGF-dependent phosphoregulation of dynamin1 is a critical event coordinating neurotrophin receptor endocytosis and axonal growth. ..
- Vargas K, Makani S, Davis T, Westphal C, Castillo P, Chandra S. Synucleins regulate the kinetics of synaptic vesicle endocytosis. J Neurosci. 2014;34:9364-76 pubmed publisher..Our results categorize ?-synuclein with other familial PD genes known to regulate SV endocytosis, implicating this pathway in PD. ..
- Gorini G, Ponomareva O, Shores K, Person M, Harris R, Mayfield R. Dynamin-1 co-associates with native mouse brain BKCa channels: proteomics analysis of synaptic protein complexes. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:845-51 pubmed publisher..These novel interactions offer valuable insight into the protein-protein interaction network in intact synapses that could advance understanding of vesicle trafficking, release, and recycling. ..
- Cowan C, Henkemeyer M. The SH2/SH3 adaptor Grb4 transduces B-ephrin reverse signals. Nature. 2001;413:174-9 pubmed..These data provide a biochemical pathway whereby cytoskeletal regulators are recruited to Eph-ephrin bidirectional signalling complexes. ..
- Xi Q, Pauer G, Ball S, Rayborn M, Hollyfield J, Peachey N, et al. Interaction between the photoreceptor-specific tubby-like protein 1 and the neuronal-specific GTPase dynamin-1. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:2837-44 pubmed..These results also raised the possibility that normal synaptic function requires TULP1, and they motivate a closer look at synaptic architecture in the developing tulp1-/- retina. ..
- Asinof S, Mahaffey C, Beyer B, Frankel W, BOUMIL R. Dynamin 1 isoform roles in a mouse model of severe childhood epileptic encephalopathy. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;95:1-11 pubmed publisherb>Dynamin 1 is a large neuron-specific GTPase involved in the endocytosis and recycling of pre-synaptic membranes and synaptic vesicles...
- Liu K, Lei R, Li Q, Wang X, Wu Q, An P, et al. Transferrin Receptor Controls AMPA Receptor Trafficking Efficiency and Synaptic Plasticity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21019 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals that TFR functions as a novel regulator to control AMPA trafficking efficiency and synaptic plasticity. ..
- Fan F, Funk L, Lou X. Dynamin 1- and 3-Mediated Endocytosis Is Essential for the Development of a Large Central Synapse In Vivo. J Neurosci. 2016;36:6097-115 pubmed publisher..Individual gene deletion of dynamin 1, a primary dynamin isoform in neurons, as well as dynamin 2 and 3, did not affect CH development...
- Gideons E, Lin P, Mahgoub M, Kavalali E, Monteggia L. Chronic lithium treatment elicits its antimanic effects via BDNF-TrkB dependent synaptic downscaling. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate a requirement for BDNF in the antimanic action of lithium and identify enhanced dynamin-dependent endocytosis of AMPARs as a potential mechanism underlying the therapeutic effects of lithium. ..
- Lajoie P, Kojic L, Nim S, Li L, Dennis J, Nabi I. Caveolin-1 regulation of dynamin-dependent, raft-mediated endocytosis of cholera toxin-B sub-unit occurs independently of caveolae. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3218-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cav1 regulates raft-dependent internalization of CT-b indirectly via a mechanism that requires the Cav1 scaffolding domain and the formation of oligomerized Cav1 microdomains but not caveolae. ..
- Gareus R, Di Nardo A, Rybin V, Witke W. Mouse profilin 2 regulates endocytosis and competes with SH3 ligand binding to dynamin 1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2803-11 pubmed..Here we show that profilin 2 associates with dynamin 1 via the C-terminal proline-rich domain of dynamin and thereby competes with the binding of SH3 ligands such as ..
- Modregger J, Schmidt A, Ritter B, Huttner W, Plomann M. Characterization of Endophilin B1b, a brain-specific membrane-associated lysophosphatidic acid acyl transferase with properties distinct from endophilin A1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4160-7 pubmed
- El Daher M, Hangen E, BruyÃ¨re J, Poizat G, Al Ramahi I, Pardo R, et al. Huntingtin proteolysis releases non-polyQ fragments that cause toxicity through dynamin 1 dysregulation. EMBO J. 2015;34:2255-71 pubmed publisher..C-ter HTT bound to dynamin 1 and subsequently impaired its activity at ER membranes...
- Klocke R, Augustin A, Ronsiek M, Stief A, van Der Putten H, Jockusch H. Dynamin genes Dnm1 and Dnm2 are located on proximal mouse chromosomes 2 and 9, respectively. Genomics. 1997;41:290-2 pubmed..Two distinct gene-specific cDNAs were used to analyze the segregation of dynamin genes Dnm1 and Dnm2 in a mouse interspecies backcross...
- Salinas S, Zussy C, Loustalot F, Henaff D, Menendez G, Morton P, et al. Disruption of the coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor-homodimeric interaction triggers lipid microdomain- and dynamin-dependent endocytosis and lysosomal targeting. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:680-95 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ligands that disrupted the homodimeric CAR interactions in its D1 domains triggered an internalization cascade involving sequences in its intracellular tail. ..
- Okabe K, Kobayashi S, Yamada T, Kurihara T, Tai Nagara I, Miyamoto T, et al. Neurons limit angiogenesis by titrating VEGF in retina. Cell. 2014;159:584-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study revealed neurovascular crosstalk and unprecedented cellular regulation of VEGF: retinal neurons titrate VEGF to limit neuronal vascularization. PAPERFLICK: ..
- Kim J, Shen S, Dietz K, He Y, Howell O, Reynolds R, et al. HDAC1 nuclear export induced by pathological conditions is essential for the onset of axonal damage. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:180-9 pubmed publisher..Together these data identify nuclear export of HDAC1 as a critical event for impaired mitochondrial transport in damaged neurons. ..
- Shin N, Choi H, Neff L, Wu Y, Saito H, Ferguson S, et al. Dynamin and endocytosis are required for the fusion of osteoclasts and myoblasts. J Cell Biol. 2014;207:73-89 pubmed publisher..Using an inducible knockout mouse model to generate dynamin 1- and 2-deficient primary osteoclast precursors and myoblasts, we found that fusion of both cell types requires ..
- Nakajo A, Yoshimura S, Togawa H, Kunii M, Iwano T, Izumi A, et al. EHBP1L1 coordinates Rab8 and Bin1 to regulate apical-directed transport in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:297-306 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that EHBP1L1 links Rab8 and the Bin1-dynamin complex, which generates membrane curvature and excises the vesicle at the ERC for apical transport. ..
- Boumil R, Letts V, Roberts M, Lenz C, Mahaffey C, Zhang Z, et al. A missense mutation in a highly conserved alternate exon of dynamin-1 causes epilepsy in fitful mice. PLoS Genet. 2010;6: pubmed publisherDynamin-1 (Dnm1) encodes a large multimeric GTPase necessary for activity-dependent membrane recycling in neurons, including synaptic vesicle endocytosis...
- Mahapatra S, Fan F, Lou X. Tissue-specific dynamin-1 deletion at the calyx of Held decreases short-term depression through a mechanism distinct from vesicle resupply. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E3150-8 pubmed publisher..This role comes into play primarily during brief high-frequency stimulation. ..
- Grabs D, Bergmann M. Differential appearance of dynamin in constitutive and regulated exo-endocytosis: a single-cell multiplex RT-PCR study. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;322:237-44 pubmed..an early abundance of proteins involved in exocytosis, such as syntaxin 1, SNAP-25, and synaptotagmin 1, whereas dynamin 1, a protein necessary for clathrin-mediated endocytosis, can be detected only after neurons have established ..
- Min L, Leung Y, Tomas A, Watson R, Gaisano H, Halban P, et al. Dynamin is functionally coupled to insulin granule exocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33530-6 pubmed..Together, these data suggest the presence of a selective kiss and run mechanism of insulin release. Moreover, these data indicate a coupling between endocytosis and exocytosis in the regulation of beta-cell insulin secretion. ..
- Ju W, Kim K, Lindsey J, Angert M, Duong Polk K, Scott R, et al. Intraocular pressure elevation induces mitochondrial fission and triggers OPA1 release in glaucomatous optic nerve. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4903-11 pubmed publisher..Cytochrome c oxidase IV subunit 1 (COX), OPA1, and Dnm1, a rat homologue of dynamin-related protein-1, mRNA were measured by quantitative (q)PCR...
- Kim J, Kim N, Zheng Z, Lee J, Yenari M. 70-kDa Heat Shock Protein Downregulates Dynamin in Experimental Stroke: A New Therapeutic Target?. Stroke. 2016;47:2103-11 pubmed publisher..Dynamin may facilitate Fas-mediated apoptotic death in the brain, and Hsp70 may protect by preventing this trafficking. Dynamin should be explored as a new therapeutic target for neuroprotection. ..
- Soda K, Balkin D, Ferguson S, Paradise S, Milosevic I, Giovedi S, et al. Role of dynamin, synaptojanin, and endophilin in podocyte foot processes. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:4401-11 pubmed publisher..Here we used a conditional double-KO of dynamin 1 (Dnm1) and Dnm2 in mouse podocytes to confirm dynamin's role in podocyte foot process maintenance...
- Yoo J, Lee S, Jeong M, Lee K, Kwon B, Kim S, et al. Characterization of the mouse dynamin I gene promoter and identification of sequences that direct expression in neuronal cells. Biochem J. 2000;351 Pt 3:661-8 pubmed..By UV cross-linking analysis, we found that NEBP is an approx. 104 kDa nuclear protein. ..
- Zhou W, De Iuliis G, Turner A, Reid A, Anderson A, McCluskey A, et al. Developmental expression of the dynamin family of mechanoenzymes in the mouse epididymis. Biol Reprod. 2017;96:159-173 pubmed publisher..Thus, dynamin 1 and 3 were predominately localized in the distal epididymal segments (corpus and cauda), where they were found ..
- Yamada H, Abe T, Satoh A, Okazaki N, Tago S, Kobayashi K, et al. Stabilization of actin bundles by a dynamin 1/cortactin ring complex is necessary for growth cone filopodia. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4514-26 pubmed publisher..Here we show that dynamin 1, a neuronal isoform of dynamin, and cortactin form ring complexes, which twine around F-actin bundles and ..
- Asinof S, Sukoff Rizzo S, Buckley A, Beyer B, Letts V, Frankel W, et al. Independent Neuronal Origin of Seizures and Behavioral Comorbidities in an Animal Model of a Severe Childhood Genetic Epileptic Encephalopathy. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005347 pubmed publisher..Recently, mutations in DNM1 (dynamin 1) have been implicated in two EE syndromes, Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and Infantile Spasms...
- Gortat A, San Roman M, Vannier C, Schmidt A. Single point mutation in Bin/Amphiphysin/Rvs (BAR) sequence of endophilin impairs dimerization, membrane shaping, and Src homology 3 domain-mediated partnership. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:4232-47 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that expression, in mammalian cells, of endophilin A2 bearing the L215D substitution impairs the endocytic recycling of transferrin receptors. ..
- Shimokawa N, Haglund K, Holter S, Grabbe C, Kirkin V, Koibuchi N, et al. CIN85 regulates dopamine receptor endocytosis and governs behaviour in mice. EMBO J. 2010;29:2421-32 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate an important function of CIN85 in the regulation of dopamine receptor functions and provide a molecular explanation for the hyperactive behaviour of CIN85(Deltaex2) mice. ..
- Bruzzaniti A, Neff L, Sanjay A, Horne W, De Camilli P, Baron R. Dynamin forms a Src kinase-sensitive complex with Cbl and regulates podosomes and osteoclast activity. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3301-13 pubmed
- Patel A, Yamashita N, AscaÃ±o M, Bodmer D, Boehm E, Bodkin Clarke C, et al. RCAN1 links impaired neurotrophin trafficking to aberrant development of the sympathetic nervous system in Down syndrome. Nat Commun. 2015;6:10119 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a critical link between calcineurin signalling, impaired neurotrophin trafficking and neurodevelopmental deficits in the peripheral nervous system in Down syndrome. ..
- Chan S, Doreian B, Smith C. Dynamin and myosin regulate differential exocytosis from mouse adrenal chromaffin cells. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010;30:1351-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, activity-dependent dephosphorylation of dynamin is hypothesized to represent a key molecular step in the sympatho-adrenal stress response. ..
- Kim Y, Bertics P. The endocytosis-linked protein dynamin associates with caveolin-1 and is tyrosine phosphorylated in response to the activation of a noninternalizing epidermal growth factor receptor mutant. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1726-31 pubmed
- Fa M, Staniszewski A, Saeed F, Francis Y, Arancio O. Dynamin 1 is required for memory formation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e91954 pubmed publisherb>Dynamin 1-3 isoforms are known to be involved in endocytotic processes occurring during synaptic transmission. No data has directly linked dynamins yet with normal animal behavior...
- Xie W, Adayev T, Zhu H, Wegiel J, Wieraszko A, Hwang Y. Activity-dependent phosphorylation of dynamin 1 at serine 857. Biochemistry. 2012;51:6786-96 pubmedb>Dynamin 1 is thought to mediate synaptic transmission through interactions with multiple endocytic accessory proteins in a phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- Yoo D, Jung H, Kim J, Yim H, Kim D, Nam H, et al. Reduction of dynamin 1 in the hippocampus of aged mice is associated with the decline in hippocampal?dependent memory. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:4755-4760 pubmed publisher..In addition, the effects of dynasore, an inhibitor of dynamin 1, on the hippocampal dependent memory were determined to elucidate the correlation between dynamin 1 and memory...
- Fulop T, Doreian B, Smith C. Dynamin I plays dual roles in the activity-dependent shift in exocytic mode in mouse adrenal chromaffin cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2008;477:146-54 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that dynamin I is involved in both modes of exocytosis by regulating contraction or dilation of the fusion pore and thus contributes to activity-dependent differential transmitter release from the adrenal medulla. ..
- Wu Y, O TOOLE E, Girard M, Ritter B, Messa M, Liu X, et al. A dynamin 1-, dynamin 3- and clathrin-independent pathway of synaptic vesicle recycling mediated by bulk endocytosis. elife. 2014;3:e01621 pubmed publisher..Subsequently, these vacuoles disappear in parallel with the reappearance of new SVs. We have used synapses of dynamin 1 and 3 double knock-out neurons, where clathrin-mediated endocytosis (CME) is dramatically impaired, to gain ..
- Stafa K, Tsika E, Moser R, Musso A, Glauser L, Jones A, et al. Functional interaction of Parkinson's disease-associated LRRK2 with members of the dynamin GTPase superfamily. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:2055-77 pubmed publisher..LRRK2 interacts with dynamin 1-3 that mediate membrane scission in clathrin-mediated endocytosis and with dynamin-related proteins that mediate ..
- Hämmerle B, Elizalde C, Tejedor F. The spatio-temporal and subcellular expression of the candidate Down syndrome gene Mnb/Dyrk1A in the developing mouse brain suggests distinct sequential roles in neuronal development. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:1061-74 pubmed publisher..This rich repertoire of potential functions in the developing central nervous system is suitable to be linked to the neurological alterations in DS through the use of mouse experimental models. ..
- Noyes N, Hampton B, Migliorini M, Strickland D. Regulation of Itch and Nedd4 E3 Ligase Activity and Degradation by LRAD3. Biochemistry. 2016;55:1204-13 pubmed publisher..The identification of potential ligands for LRAD3 that may modulate LRAD3-induced activation of Itch and Nedd4 is likely to identify additional novel substrates and cellular functions for these important E3 ligases. ..
- Kanzaki M, Furukawa M, Raab W, Pessin J. Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate regulates adipocyte actin dynamics and GLUT4 vesicle recycling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30622-33 pubmed..In adipocytes, altered PI(4,5)P2 metabolism has marked effects on GLUT4 endocytosis and intracellular vesicle trafficking due to the derangement of actin dynamics. ..
- Hayashi Nishino M, De Camilli P. [Selective role of dynamin1 in synaptic vesicle endocytosis]. Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso. 2008;53:2225-30 pubmed
- Meng J, Wang J, Lawrence G, Dolly J. Molecular components required for resting and stimulated endocytosis of botulinum neurotoxins by glutamatergic and peptidergic neurons. FASEB J. 2013;27:3167-80 pubmed publisher..For fast recycling of SCSVs, knockdown and knockout strategies demonstrated that CGNs use predominantly dynamin 1, whereas isoform 2 and, to a smaller extent, isoform 3 support a less rapid mode of stimulated endocytosis...
- Lou X, Fan F, Messa M, Raimondi A, Wu Y, Looger L, et al. Reduced release probability prevents vesicle depletion and transmission failure at dynamin mutant synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E515-23 pubmed publisher..At synapses of cultured neurons that lack the two "neuronal" dynamins, dynamin 1 and 3, smaller excitatory postsynaptic currents are observed due to an impairment of the fission reaction of ..
- Nakano Kobayashi A, Kasri N, Newey S, Van Aelst L. The Rho-linked mental retardation protein OPHN1 controls synaptic vesicle endocytosis via endophilin A1. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1133-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that defects in efficient SV retrieval may contribute to the pathogenesis of OPHN1-linked cognitive impairment. ..
- Ezratty E, Partridge M, Gundersen G. Microtubule-induced focal adhesion disassembly is mediated by dynamin and focal adhesion kinase. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:581-90 pubmed..Inhibition of dynamin prevents migration of cells with a focal adhesion phenotype. Our results show that focal adhesion disassembly involves microtubules, dynamin and FAK, and is not simply the reversal of focal adhesion formation. ..
- Kang Y, Zhao X, Lovaas J, Eisenberg E, Greene L. Clathrin-independent internalization of normal cellular prion protein in neuroblastoma cells is associated with the Arf6 pathway. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4062-9 pubmed publisher..These results show that PrP(c) is internalized in a clathrin-independent pathway that is associated with Arf6. ..
- Dergai M, Skrypkina I, Dergai O, Tsyba L, Novokhatska O, Filonenko V, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel mammalian isoform of the endocytic adaptor ITSN1. Gene. 2011;485:120-9 pubmed publisher..the CTD of ITSN1-22a negatively regulated its binding to Cbl; at the same time interaction with another partner, dynamin 1 was not affected by the presence of the CTD...
- Newman Smith E, Shurland D, van der Bliek A. Assignment of the dynamin-1 gene (DNM1) to human chromosome 9q34 by fluorescence in situ hybridization and somatic cell hybrid analysis. Genomics. 1997;41:286-9 pubmed..Of the three known mammalian dynamins, dynamin-1 (DNM1) appears to be particularly important for the formation of synaptic vesicles at presynaptic nerve termini...
- Di Paolo G, Sankaranarayanan S, Wenk M, Daniell L, Perucco E, Caldarone B, et al. Decreased synaptic vesicle recycling efficiency and cognitive deficits in amphiphysin 1 knockout mice. Neuron. 2002;33:789-804 pubmed..These defects correlate with increased mortality due to rare irreversible seizures and with major learning deficits, suggesting a critical role of amphiphysin for higher brain functions. ..
- Schulze R, Weller S, Schroeder B, Krueger E, Chi S, Casey C, et al. Lipid droplet breakdown requires dynamin 2 for vesiculation of autolysosomal tubules in hepatocytes. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:315-26 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new evidence for the participation of the autolysosome in LD metabolism and demonstrate a novel role for dynamin in the function and maturation of an autophagic compartment. ..
- Malhotra S, Kovats S, Zhang W, Coggeshall K. Vav and Rac activation in B cell antigen receptor endocytosis involves Vav recruitment to the adapter protein LAB. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:36202-12 pubmed publisher..This is the first description of a sequential signal transduction pathway from BCR to internalization and antigen presentation. ..
- Boissan M, Montagnac G, Shen Q, Griparic L, Guitton J, Romao M, et al. Membrane trafficking. Nucleoside diphosphate kinases fuel dynamin superfamily proteins with GTP for membrane remodeling. Science. 2014;344:1510-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, NDPKs interact with and provide GTP to dynamins, allowing these motor proteins to work with high thermodynamic efficiency. ..
- Reid A, Lord T, Stanger S, Roman S, McCluskey A, Robinson P, et al. Dynamin regulates specific membrane fusion events necessary for acrosomal exocytosis in mouse spermatozoa. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37659-72 pubmed publisher..Both dynamin 1 and 2 also remain within the periacrosomal region of mature mouse spermatozoa and are thus well positioned to ..
- Grossman G, Ebke L, Beight C, Jang G, Crabb J, Hagstrom S. Protein partners of dynamin-1 in the retina. Vis Neurosci. 2013;30:129-39 pubmed publisher..This finding is confirmed by western blot analysis. Results further implicate dynamin-1 in vesicular protein transport processes relevant to synaptic and post-Golgi pathways and indicate a possible role in photoreceptor stability. ..
- Noakes P, Chin D, Kim S, Liang S, Phillips W. Expression and localisation of dynamin and syntaxin during neural development and neuromuscular synapse formation. J Comp Neurol. 1999;410:531-40 pubmed..The delayed appearance of dynamin at the synapse, thus, heralds the neonatal development of robust synaptic transmission at the neuromuscular junction. ..