Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dnase1
Description: deoxyribonuclease I
Alias: AI788650, DNaseI, Dnl1, deoxyribonuclease-1
- Seredkina N, Zykova S, Rekvig O. Progression of murine lupus nephritis is linked to acquired renal Dnase1 deficiency and not to up-regulated apoptosis. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:97-106 pubmed publisher..with an accumulation of activated caspase 3-positive cells in kidneys, in addition to a dramatic decrease in Dnase1 gene transcription...
- Li G, Shi Y, Chen Y, Sun M, Sader S, Maekawa Y, et al. Gelsolin regulates cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction through DNase I-mediated apoptosis. Circ Res. 2009;104:896-904 pubmed publisher..Gelsolin inhibition may form a novel target for heart failure therapy. ..
- Yoon H, Boss J. PU.1 binds to a distal regulatory element that is necessary for B cell-specific expression of CIITA. J Immunol. 2010;184:5018-28 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that HSS1 is required for B cell-specific expression of CIITA and that HSS1 functions by interacting with pIII, forming a long-distance chromatin loop that is partly mediated through PU.1. ..
- Mori S, Yasuda T, Takeshita H, Nakajima T, Nakazato E, Mogi K, et al. Molecular, biochemical and immunological analyses of porcine pancreatic DNase I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1547:275-87 pubmed..A porcine mutant enzyme in which N was substituted by S alone at position 110 (N110S) became resistant to low pH to a similar extent as the rat and bovine enzymes. ..
- Fischer H, Fumicz J, Rossiter H, Napirei M, Buchberger M, Tschachler E, et al. Holocrine Secretion of Sebum Is a Unique DNase2-Dependent Mode of Programmed Cell Death. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:587-594 pubmed publisher..b>DNase1 and DNase1-like 2 were dispensable for nuclear DNA degradation in sebocytes...
- Buzder T, Yin X, Wang X, Banfalvi G, Basnakian A. Uptake of foreign nucleic acids in kidney tubular epithelial cells deficient in proapoptotic endonucleases. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:435-42 pubmed publisher..Data demonstrate the importance of DNase I and EndoG in host cell defense against gene and RNA delivery to renal tubular epithelial cells in vitro. ..
- Yin X, Apostolov E, Shah S, Wang X, Bogdanov K, Buzder T, et al. Induction of renal endonuclease G by cisplatin is reduced in DNase I-deficient mice. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:2544-53 pubmed..Furthermore, gene silencing of EndoG in vitro provided significant protection against cell death. Taken together, our data suggest that both DNase I and EndoG mediate cisplatin injury to tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Seredkina N, Rekvig O. Acquired loss of renal nuclease activity is restricted to DNaseI and is an organ-selective feature in murine lupus nephritis. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:1120-8 pubmed publisherAn acquired loss of renal DNaseI promotes transformation of mild mesangial lupus nephritis into membranoproliferative end-stage organ disease...
- Takeshita H, Yasuda T, Nakajima T, Hosomi O, Nakashima Y, Kishi K. Mouse deoxyribonuclease I (DNase I): biochemical and immunological characterization, cDNA structure and tissue distribution. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1997;42:65-75 pubmed..This DNase I was distributed most densely in the parotid glands from the standpoint of both enzyme activity and gene transcript levels. ..
- Nakashima H, Grahovac M, Mazzarella R, Fujiwara H, Kitchen J, Threat T, et al. Two novel mouse genes--Nubp2, mapped to the t-complex on chromosome 17, and Nubp1, mapped to chromosome 16--establish a new gene family of nucleotide-binding proteins in eukaryotes. Genomics. 1999;60:152-60 pubmed..Interestingly, both regions are syntenic with human chromosome 16p13.1-p13.3, suggesting that a chromosomal breakage between Nubp2 and Nubp1 probably occurred during the evolution of mouse chromosomes. ..
- Zikherman J, Hermiston M, Steiner D, Hasegawa K, Chan A, Weiss A. PTPN22 deficiency cooperates with the CD45 E613R allele to break tolerance on a non-autoimmune background. J Immunol. 2009;182:4093-106 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that Pep(-/-) T cells in the context of a susceptible microenvironment can drive hyperresponsive CD45 E613R B cells to break tolerance. ..
- Eulitz D, Mannherz H. Inhibition of deoxyribonuclease I by actin is to protect cells from premature cell death. Apoptosis. 2007;12:1511-21 pubmedDeoxyribonuclease I (Dnase1) is the major extracellular endonuclease...
- Zykova S, Tveita A, Rekvig O. Renal Dnase1 enzyme activity and protein expression is selectively shut down in murine and human membranoproliferative lupus nephritis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..We recently reported an acquired loss of renal Dnase1 expression linked to transformation from mild to severe membranoproliferative lupus nephritis in (NZBxNZW)F1 mice...
- Thiyagarajan D, Fismen S, Seredkina N, Jacobsen S, Elung Jensen T, Kamper A, et al. Silencing of renal DNaseI in murine lupus nephritis imposes exposure of large chromatin fragments and activation of Toll like receptors and the Clec4e. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34080 pubmed publisher..demonstrate that transformation of mild lupus nephritis into end-stage disease is imposed by silencing of renal DNaseI gene expression in (NZBxNZW)F1 mice...
- Fismen S, Thiyagarajan D, Seredkina N, Nielsen H, Jacobsen S, Elung Jensen T, et al. Impact of the tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated protein 1 (Trap1) on renal DNaseI shutdown and on progression of murine and human lupus nephritis. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:688-700 pubmed publisher..show that transformation of mild glomerulonephritis into end-stage disease coincides with shutdown of renal DNaseI expression in (NZBxNZW)F1 mice...
- Deng T, Zhu Z, Zhang S, Leng F, Cherukuri S, Hansen L, et al. HMGN1 modulates nucleosome occupancy and DNase I hypersensitivity at the CpG island promoters of embryonic stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3377-89 pubmed publisher..Thus, architectural chromatin-binding proteins affect the transcription profile and chromatin structure during embryonic stem cell differentiation. ..
- Rossaint J, Herter J, Van Aken H, Napirei M, Döring Y, Weber C, et al. Synchronized integrin engagement and chemokine activation is crucial in neutrophil extracellular trap-mediated sterile inflammation. Blood. 2014;123:2573-84 pubmed publisher..Targeting NET components by DNAse1 application or neutrophil elastase-deficient mice protected mice from ALI, whereas DNase1(-/-)/Trap1(m/m) mice had ..
- Peitsch M, Irmler M, French L, Tschopp J. Genomic organisation and expression of mouse deoxyribonuclease I. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;207:62-8 pubmed..The enzymatic activity of mouse DNase I is found in striated muscle, kidney, intestine, liver, lymphnodes, but not in the heart, spleen or pancreas. ..
- JimÃ©nez AlcÃ¡zar M, Rangaswamy C, Panda R, Bitterling J, Simsek Y, Long A, et al. Host DNases prevent vascular occlusion by neutrophil extracellular traps. Science. 2017;358:1202-1206 pubmed publisher..We investigated which host factors control NETs in vivo and found that two deoxyribonucleases (DNases), DNase1 and DNase1-like 3, degraded NETs in circulation during sterile neutrophilia and septicemia...
- Napirei M, Ludwig S, Mezrhab J, Klöckl T, Mannherz H. Murine serum nucleases--contrasting effects of plasmin and heparin on the activities of DNase1 and DNase1-like 3 (DNase1l3). FEBS J. 2009;276:1059-73 pubmed publisherb>DNase1 is regarded as the major serum nuclease; however, a systematic investigation into the presence of additional serum nuclease activities is lacking...
- Perlot T, Pawlitzky I, Manis J, Zarrin A, Brodeur P, Alt F. Analysis of mice lacking DNaseI hypersensitive sites at the 5' end of the IgH locus. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13992 pubmed publisherThe 5' end of the IgH locus contains a cluster of DNaseI hypersensitive sites, one of which (HS1) was shown to be pro-B cell specific and to contain binding sites for the transcription factors PU.1, E2A, and Pax5...