Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dnaic1
Description: dynein, axonemal, intermediate chain 1
Alias: 1110066F04Rik, BB124644, Dnai1, b2b1526Clo, dynein intermediate chain 1, axonemal, axonemal dynein intermediate chain 1
- Ostrowski L, Yin W, Rogers T, Busalacchi K, Chua M, O Neal W, et al. Conditional deletion of dnaic1 in a murine model of primary ciliary dyskinesia causes chronic rhinosinusitis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;43:55-63 pubmed publisher..have generated a transgenic mouse line in which two conserved exons of the mouse intermediate dynein chain gene, Dnaic1, are flanked by loxP sites (Dnaic1(flox/flox))...
- Yu J, Lei K, Zhou M, Craft C, Xu G, Xu T, et al. KASH protein Syne-2/Nesprin-2 and SUN proteins SUN1/2 mediate nuclear migration during mammalian retinal development. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1061-73 pubmed publisher..These key retinal developmental signaling results will advance our understanding of the mechanism of nuclear migration in the mammalian retina. ..
- Francis R, Christopher A, Devine W, OSTROWSKI L, Lo C. Congenital heart disease and the specification of left-right asymmetry. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;302:H2102-11 pubmed publisher..in cardiovascular development, we examined situs anomalies and CHD in mice with a loss of function allele of Dnaic1, a dynein protein required for motile cilia function and left-right patterning...
- Jacquet B, Salinas Mondragon R, Liang H, Therit B, Buie J, Dykstra M, et al. FoxJ1-dependent gene expression is required for differentiation of radial glia into ependymal cells and a subset of astrocytes in the postnatal brain. Development. 2009;136:4021-31 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that time- and cell-specific expression of FoxJ1 in the brain acts on an array of target genes to regulate the differentiation of ependymal cells and a small subset of astrocytes in the adult stem cell niche. ..
- Li Y, Yagi H, Onuoha E, Damerla R, Francis R, Furutani Y, et al. DNAH6 and Its Interactions with PCD Genes in Heterotaxy and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005821 pubmed publisher..patient harboring heterozygous DNAH6 mutation was identified to also carry a rare heterozygous PCD-causing DNAI1 mutation, suggesting a DNAH6/DNAI1 trans-heterozygous interaction...