Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dll3
Description: delta like canonical Notch ligand 3
Alias: pudgy, delta-like protein 3, M-Delta-3, delta-like 3, delta3, drosophila Delta homolog 3
- de Melo J, Zibetti C, Clark B, Hwang W, Miranda Angulo A, Qian J, et al. Lhx2 Is an Essential Factor for Retinal Gliogenesis and Notch Signaling. J Neurosci. 2016;36:2391-405 pubmed publisher..gliogenesis in part by regulating directly the expression of Notch pathway genes including Notch1, Dll1, and Dll3 and gliogenic transcription factors such as Hes1, Hes5, Sox8, and Rax...
- Duan J, McFadden G, Borgerding A, Norby F, Ren B, Ye G, et al. Overexpression of alcohol dehydrogenase exacerbates ethanol-induced contractile defect in cardiac myocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;282:H1216-22 pubmed..These data suggest that elevated cardiac ACA exposure due to enhanced ADH expression may play an important role in the development of alcoholic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Garel S, Marin F, Grosschedl R, Charnay P. Ebf1 controls early cell differentiation in the embryonic striatum. Development. 1999;126:5285-94 pubmed
- Villa N, Walker L, Lindsell C, Gasson J, Iruela Arispe M, Weinmaster G. Vascular expression of Notch pathway receptors and ligands is restricted to arterial vessels. Mech Dev. 2001;108:161-4 pubmed..These findings identify an aspect of Notch signaling that could contribute to the mechanism by which this pathway modulates vascular morphogenesis. ..
- Sparrow D, Chapman G, Smith A, Mattar M, Major J, O Reilly V, et al. A mechanism for gene-environment interaction in the etiology of congenital scoliosis. Cell. 2012;149:295-306 pubmed publisher..Our results potentially provide a mechanism for the genesis of a host of common sporadic congenital abnormalities through gene-environment interaction...
- Serth K, Schuster Gossler K, Kremmer E, Hansen B, Marohn KÃ¶hn B, Gossler A. O-fucosylation of DLL3 is required for its function during somitogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0123776 pubmed publisherDelta-like 3 (DLL3) is a member of the DSL family of Notch ligands in amniotes...
- Schubert F, Tremblay P, Mansouri A, Faisst A, Kammandel B, Lumsden A, et al. Early mesodermal phenotypes in splotch suggest a role for Pax3 in the formation of epithelial somites. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:506-21 pubmed..phenotypes are reminiscent of the phenotypes observed in the segmentation/somitogenesis mutants rachiterata and pudgy. Moreover, rostrocaudal somite pattern and somitic boundaries are disturbed in Splotch as monitored by the ..
- William D, Saitta B, Gibson J, Traas J, Markov V, Gonzalez D, et al. Identification of oscillatory genes in somitogenesis from functional genomic analysis of a human mesenchymal stem cell model. Dev Biol. 2007;305:172-86 pubmed..Expression patterns of these genes were disrupted in Wnt3a(tm1Amc) mutants but not in Dll3(pu) mutants...
- Takahashi Y, Inoue T, Gossler A, Saga Y. Feedback loops comprising Dll1, Dll3 and Mesp2, and differential involvement of Psen1 are essential for rostrocaudal patterning of somites. Development. 2003;130:4259-68 pubmed..Notch signal pathways with Notch ligands Dll1 and Dll3, and the transcription factor Mesp2 are implicated in the rostrocaudal patterning of the somite...
- Barrantes I, Elia A, Wunsch K, Hrabe de Angelis M, Mak T, Rossant J, et al. Interaction between Notch signalling and Lunatic fringe during somite boundary formation in the mouse. Curr Biol. 1999;9:470-80 pubmed..In this region, Notch function activates a set of genes that are involved in boundary formation and anterior-posterior somite identity. ..
- Sparrow D, Clements M, Withington S, Scott A, Novotny J, Sillence D, et al. Diverse requirements for Notch signalling in mammals. Int J Dev Biol. 2002;46:365-74 pubmed..Mutations in the Notch ligand DELTA-LIKE 3 (DLL3) are responsible for cases of autosomal recessive SCD type I (SCDO1), and we are using information derived from ..
- Maruhashi M, Van de Putte T, Huylebroeck D, Kondoh H, Higashi Y. Involvement of SIP1 in positioning of somite boundaries in the mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:332-8 pubmed..g., Fgf8, Wnt3a, Dll3, and Tbx6...
- Kim T, Kim B, Mao J, Rowan S, Shivdasani R. Endodermal Hedgehog signals modulate Notch pathway activity in the developing digestive tract mesenchyme. Development. 2011;138:3225-33 pubmed publisher..These results reveal unexpected interactions between prominent signals in gastrointestinal development and provide a coherent explanation for Hh requirements in mesenchymal cell survival and organ growth. ..
- Cau E, Casarosa S, Guillemot F. Mash1 and Ngn1 control distinct steps of determination and differentiation in the olfactory sensory neuron lineage. Development. 2002;129:1871-80 pubmed..These results illustrate the versatility of neural bHLH genes which adopt either a determination or a differentiation function, depending primarily on the timing of their expression in neural progenitors. ..
- Castro D, Skowronska Krawczyk D, Armant O, Donaldson I, Parras C, Hunt C, et al. Proneural bHLH and Brn proteins coregulate a neurogenic program through cooperative binding to a conserved DNA motif. Dev Cell. 2006;11:831-44 pubmed..We thus propose that Mash1 synergizes with Brn factors to regulate multiple steps of neurogenesis. ..
- Nelson B, Hodge R, Bedogni F, Hevner R. Dynamic interactions between intermediate neurogenic progenitors and radial glia in embryonic mouse neocortex: potential role in Dll1-Notch signaling. J Neurosci. 2013;33:9122-39 pubmed publisher..progenitor cell diversification, including different subpopulations of Hes1+ and/or Hes5+ RG, and Dll1+ and/or Dll3+ INPs...
- Warrier S, Nuwayhid S, Sabatino J, Sugrue K, Zohn I. Supt20 is required for development of the axial skeleton. Dev Biol. 2017;421:245-257 pubmed publisher..levels and cycling were unaffected; yet, expression of downstream targets such as Lfng, Ripply2, Mesp1 and Dll3 in the prospective rostral somite was reduced accompanied by expansion of caudal somite markers such as EphrinB2 ..
- Bouchard M, de Caprona D, Busslinger M, Xu P, Fritzsch B. Pax2 and Pax8 cooperate in mouse inner ear morphogenesis and innervation. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:89 pubmed publisher..All three Pax genes can signal redundantly in the ear with their function being determined primarily by the spatio-temporal expression driven by the three distinct promoters of these genes. ..
- Schröder N, Gossler A. Expression of Notch pathway components in fetal and adult mouse small intestine. Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;2:247-50 pubmed
- Deng S, Yan X, Liang L, Wang L, Liu Y, Duan J, et al. The Notch ligand delta-like 3 promotes tumor growth and inhibits Notch signaling in lung cancer cells in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:488-494 pubmed publisherAlthough it has been suggested that Dll3, one of the Notch ligands, promotes the proliferation and inhibits the apoptosis of cancer cells, the role of Dll3 in cancers remains unclear...
- Evrard Y, Lun Y, Aulehla A, Gan L, Johnson R. lunatic fringe is an essential mediator of somite segmentation and patterning. Nature. 1998;394:377-81 pubmed
- White P, Farkas D, McFadden E, Chapman D. Defective somite patterning in mouse embryos with reduced levels of Tbx6. Development. 2003;130:1681-90 pubmed..The similarity in the phenotypes we describe here and that of some human birth defects, such as spondylocostal dysostosis, raises the possibility that mutations in Tbx6 or components of this pathway may be responsible for these defects. ..
- Kusumi K, Dunwoodie S, Krumlauf R. Dynamic expression patterns of the pudgy/spondylocostal dysostosis gene Dll3 in the developing nervous system. Mech Dev. 2001;100:141-4 pubmedDefects in the Notch pathway ligand Dll3 have been identified in the mouse pudgy (Dll3(pu)) and human spondylocostal dysostosis (SD, MIM 277300) mutations...
- Favier B, Fliniaux I, Thelu J, Viallet J, Demarchez M, Jahoda C, et al. Localisation of members of the notch system and the differentiation of vibrissa hair follicles: receptors, ligands, and fringe modulators. Dev Dyn. 2000;218:426-37 pubmed..During the hair vibrissa cycle, Notch1 and Manic Fringe display temporal and spatial changes of expression, suggesting that they may intervene as modulators of trichocyte activities. ..
- Zhang N, Gridley T. Defects in somite formation in lunatic fringe-deficient mice. Nature. 1998;394:374-7 pubmed..These results indicate that Lfng encodes an essential component of the Notch signalling pathway during somitogenesis in mice. ..
- Loomes K, Stevens S, O Brien M, Gonzalez D, Ryan M, Segalov M, et al. Dll3 and Notch1 genetic interactions model axial segmental and craniofacial malformations of human birth defects. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2943-51 pubmedMutations in the Notch1 receptor and delta-like 3 (Dll3) ligand cause global disruptions in axial segmental patterning...
- Beckers J, Schlautmann N, Gossler A. The mouse rib-vertebrae mutation disrupts anterior-posterior somite patterning and genetically interacts with a Delta1 null allele. Mech Dev. 2000;95:35-46 pubmed..Expression of Dll1, Dll3, Lfng and Notch1 is altered in rv mutant embryos, and rv and Dll1(lacZ), a null allele of the Notch ligand Delta1, ..
- Hitoshi S, Alexson T, Tropepe V, Donoviel D, Elia A, Nye J, et al. Notch pathway molecules are essential for the maintenance, but not the generation, of mammalian neural stem cells. Genes Dev. 2002;16:846-58 pubmed..These data are consistent with a role for Notch signaling in the maintenance of the neural stem cell, and inconsistent with a role in a neuronal/glial fate switch. ..
- Bussen M, Petry M, Schuster Gossler K, Leitges M, Gossler A, Kispert A. The T-box transcription factor Tbx18 maintains the separation of anterior and posterior somite compartments. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1209-21 pubmed..In summary, Tbx18 appears to act downstream of Mesp2 and Delta/Notch signaling to maintain the separation of anterior and posterior somite compartments. ..
- Cormier S, Vandormael Pournin S, Babinet C, Cohen Tannoudji M. Developmental expression of the Notch signaling pathway genes during mouse preimplantation development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:713-7 pubmed..Finally, we show that all the above genes are expressed both in Embryonic and Trophoblast Stem cells (ES and TS cells, respectively). Our results suggest that the Notch pathway may be active during mouse preimplantation development. ..
- Chalamalasetty R, Dunty W, Biris K, Ajima R, Iacovino M, Beisaw A, et al. The Wnt3a/Î²-catenin target gene Mesogenin1 controls the segmentation clock by activating a Notch signalling program. Nat Commun. 2011;2:390 pubmed publisher..Msgn1 also indirectly regulates cyclic genes in the Fgf and Wnt pathways. Thus, Msgn1 is a central component of a transcriptional cascade that translates a spatial Wnt3a gradient into a temporal pattern of clock gene expression. ..
- Heuss S, Ndiaye Lobry D, Six E, Israel A, Logeat F. The intracellular region of Notch ligands Dll1 and Dll3 regulates their trafficking and signaling activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11212-7 pubmed publisher..a chimeric molecule encompassing the extracellular domain of Dll1 and the transmembrane/intracellular domain of Dll3, which contains no lysine, is endocytosed, recycled, and interacts with Notch1 but is unable to induce ..
- Robert Moreno A, Espinosa L, de la Pompa J, Bigas A. RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cells. Development. 2005;132:1117-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that activation of Gata2 expression by Notch1/RBPjkappa is a crucial event for the onset of definitive hematopoiesis in the embryo. ..
- Chen L, Al Awqati Q. Segmental expression of Notch and Hairy genes in nephrogenesis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F939-52 pubmed..These studies provide the basis for the future development of strategies to examine the role of individual effector molecules in the determination of the differentiation pattern of the nephron. ..
- Haines B, Gupta R, Jones C, Summerbell D, Rigby P. The NLRR gene family and mouse development: Modified differential display PCR identifies NLRR-1 as a gene expressed in early somitic myoblasts. Dev Biol. 2005;281:145-59 pubmed..The regulated embryonic expression and cellular location of these proteins suggest important roles during mouse development in the control of cell adhesion, movement or signalling. ..
- Machka C, Kersten M, Zobawa M, Harder A, Horsch M, Halder T, et al. Identification of Dll1 (Delta1) target genes during mouse embryogenesis using differential expression profiling. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;6:94-101 pubmed..Similar effects were observed in embryos homozygous for the Headturner (Htu) and pudgy (pu) mutations, which are alleles of the Notch ligands Jag1 and Dll3...
- Chen J, Lu L, Shi S, Stanley P. Expression of Notch signaling pathway genes in mouse embryos lacking beta4galactosyltransferase-1. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:376-82 pubmed..The Notch ligand genes Dll1 and Dll3 were reduced or altered in expression in a significant proportion of mutants...
- Xue Y, Gao X, Lindsell C, Norton C, Chang B, Hicks C, et al. Embryonic lethality and vascular defects in mice lacking the Notch ligand Jagged1. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:723-30 pubmed..These results establish the phenotype of Cm /+ mice as a contiguous gene deletion syndrome and demonstrate that Jag1 is essential for remodeling of the embryonic vasculature. ..
- Skuntz S, Mankoo B, Nguyen M, Hustert E, Nakayama A, Tournier Lasserve E, et al. Lack of the mesodermal homeodomain protein MEOX1 disrupts sclerotome polarity and leads to a remodeling of the cranio-cervical joints of the axial skeleton. Dev Biol. 2009;332:383-95 pubmed publisher..Hence, Meox1 is part of a regulatory circuit that serves an essential, non-redundant function in the maintenance of rostro-caudal sclerotome polarity and axial skeleton formation. ..
- Yoon J, Wold B. The bHLH regulator pMesogenin1 is required for maturation and segmentation of paraxial mesoderm. Genes Dev. 2000;14:3204-14 pubmed..We infer that pMesogenin1 is an essential upstream regulator of trunk paraxial mesoderm development and segmentation. ..
- Casarosa S, Fode C, Guillemot F. Mash1 regulates neurogenesis in the ventral telencephalon. Development. 1999;126:525-34 pubmed..An analysis of candidate effectors of Mash1 function revealed that the Notch ligands Dll1 and Dll3, and the target of Notch signaling Hes5, fail to be expressed in Mash1 mutant ventral telencephalon...
- Stump G, Durrer A, Klein A, Lütolf S, Suter U, Taylor V. Notch1 and its ligands Delta-like and Jagged are expressed and active in distinct cell populations in the postnatal mouse brain. Mech Dev. 2002;114:153-9 pubmed..The distribution of Notch1 and its putative ligands suggest distinct roles in specific subsets of cells in the postnatal brain including putative stem cells and differentiated neurons. ..
- Tang L, Alger H, Pereira F. COUP-TFI controls Notch regulation of hair cell and support cell differentiation. Development. 2006;133:3683-93 pubmed
- Henke R, Meredith D, Borromeo M, Savage T, Johnson J. Ascl1 and Neurog2 form novel complexes and regulate Delta-like3 (Dll3) expression in the neural tube. Dev Biol. 2009;328:529-40 pubmed publisherDelta-like 3 (Dll3) is a Delta family member expressed broadly in the developing nervous system as neural progenitor cells initiate differentiation...
- Krebs L, Xue Y, Norton C, Shutter J, Maguire M, Sundberg J, et al. Notch signaling is essential for vascular morphogenesis in mice. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1343-52 pubmed
- Hamblet N, Lijam N, Ruiz Lozano P, Wang J, Yang Y, Luo Z, et al. Dishevelled 2 is essential for cardiac outflow tract development, somite segmentation and neural tube closure. Development. 2002;129:5827-38 pubmed..Thus, Dvl2 is essential for normal cardiac morphogenesis, somite segmentation and neural tube closure, and there is functional redundancy between Dvl1 and Dvl2 in some phenotypes. ..
- Lütolf S, Radtke F, Aguet M, Suter U, Taylor V. Notch1 is required for neuronal and glial differentiation in the cerebellum. Development. 2002;129:373-85 pubmed..We have also analyzed the effects of Notch1 ablation on gliogenesis in vivo. Our results show that Notch1 is required for both neuron and glia formation and modulates the onset of neurogenesis within the cerebellar neuroepithelium. ..
- Geffers I, Serth K, Chapman G, Jaekel R, Schuster Gossler K, Cordes R, et al. Divergent functions and distinct localization of the Notch ligands DLL1 and DLL3 in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:465-76 pubmedThe Notch ligands Dll1 and Dll3 are coexpressed in the presomitic mesoderm of mouse embryos. Despite their coexpression, mutations in Dll1 and Dll3 cause strikingly different defects...
- Chen J, Kang L, Zhang N. Negative feedback loop formed by Lunatic fringe and Hes7 controls their oscillatory expression during somitogenesis. Genesis. 2005;43:196-204 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrate that the 3' untranslated region (3'-UTR) is important for rapid degradation of Lfng mRNA. ..
- Gasperowicz M, Rai A, Cross J. Spatiotemporal expression of Notch receptors and ligands in developing mouse placenta. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:249-54 pubmed publisher..Overall these expression pattern results suggest that Notch signaling may play several diverse roles during placenta development. ..
- Gazit R, Krizhanovsky V, Ben Arie N. Math1 controls cerebellar granule cell differentiation by regulating multiple components of the Notch signaling pathway. Development. 2004;131:903-13 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that CGC differentiation, but not specification, depends on Math1, which acts by regulating the level of multiple components of the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Okubo T, Hogan B. Hyperactive Wnt signaling changes the developmental potential of embryonic lung endoderm. J Biol. 2004;3:11 pubmed..We discuss the relevance of our findings to the poorly understood pathological condition of intestinal metaplasia in humans. ..
- Hatakeyama J, Kageyama R. Notch1 expression is spatiotemporally correlated with neurogenesis and negatively regulated by Notch1-independent Hes genes in the developing nervous system. Cereb Cortex. 2006;16 Suppl 1:i132-7 pubmed..We propose that initiation of Notch1 expression is one of the key features for switch from the symmetric to asymmetric cell divisions of neural stem cells and that this process is negatively regulated by Notch1-independent Hes genes. ..
- Hartman B, Hayashi T, Nelson B, Bermingham McDonogh O, Reh T. Dll3 is expressed in developing hair cells in the mammalian cochlea. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2875-83 pubmed..Here, we report that another Notch ligand, Dll3, is expressed in developing hair cells, in a pattern that overlaps that of Dll1 and Jag2...
- Sewell W, Sparrow D, Smith A, Gonzalez D, Rappaport E, Dunwoodie S, et al. Cyclical expression of the Notch/Wnt regulator Nrarp requires modulation by Dll3 in somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;329:400-9 pubmed publisherDelta-like 3 (Dll3) is a divergent ligand and modulator of the Notch signaling pathway only identified so far in mammals. Null mutations of Dll3 disrupt cycling expression of Notch targets Hes1, Hes5, and Lfng, but not of Hes7...
- Zilian O, Saner C, Hagedorn L, Lee H, Sauberli E, Suter U, et al. Multiple roles of mouse Numb in tuning developmental cell fates. Curr Biol. 2001;11:494-501 pubmed..The restricted requirement of Numb during neural development in the mouse suggests that in some neuronal lineages, Notch signaling may be regulated independently of Numb. ..
- Leimeister C, Schumacher N, Gessler M. Expression of Notch pathway genes in the embryonic mouse metanephros suggests a role in proximal tubule development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:595-8 pubmed..Our results point to a Lfng-dependent role for Notch signalling in the development of nephron segments, especially the proximal tubules. ..
- Hoyne G, Chapman G, Sontani Y, Pursglove S, Dunwoodie S. A cell autonomous role for the Notch ligand Delta-like 3 in ?? T-cell development. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011;89:696-705 pubmed publisher..At present there is nothing known about the role of the Delta-like 3 (Dll3) ligand in the immune system. Here we describe a novel cell autonomous role for Dll3 in ?? T-cell development...
- Nelson B, Hartman B, Ray C, Hayashi T, Bermingham McDonogh O, Reh T. Acheate-scute like 1 (Ascl1) is required for normal delta-like (Dll) gene expression and notch signaling during retinal development. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2163-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest a molecular mechanism whereby attenuated Notch levels coupled with reduced proneurogenic activity in progenitors leads to increased gliogenesis and decreased neurogenesis in the Ascl1-deficient retina. ..
- McCright B, Gao X, Shen L, Lozier J, Lan Y, Maguire M, et al. Defects in development of the kidney, heart and eye vasculature in mice homozygous for a hypomorphic Notch2 mutation. Development. 2001;128:491-502 pubmed..These data identify novel developmental roles for Notch2 in kidney, heart and eye development. ..
- Tsao P, Chen F, Izvolsky K, Walker J, Kukuruzinska M, LU J, et al. Gamma-secretase activation of notch signaling regulates the balance of proximal and distal fates in progenitor cells of the developing lung. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29532-44 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a novel mechanism in which Notch and fibroblast growth factor signaling interact to control the proximal-distal pattern of forming airways in the mammalian lung. ..
- Chin S, Romano R, Nagarajan P, Sinha S, Garrett Sinha L. Aberrant epidermal differentiation and disrupted ?Np63/Notch regulatory axis in Ets1 transgenic mice. Biol Open. 2013;2:1336-45 pubmed publisher..Given the established tumor suppressive role for Notch signaling in skin tumorigenesis, the demonstrated ability of Ets1 to interfere with this signaling pathway may be important in mediating its pro-tumorigenic activities. ..
- Przemeck G, Heinzmann U, Beckers J, Hrabe de Angelis M. Node and midline defects are associated with left-right development in Delta1 mutant embryos. Development. 2003;130:3-13 pubmed..Based on expression analysis in wild-type and mutant embryos, we suggest a model, in which Notch signalling is required for the proper differentiation of node cells and node morphology...
- Koizumi K, Nakajima M, Yuasa S, Saga Y, Sakai T, Kuriyama T, et al. The role of presenilin 1 during somite segmentation. Development. 2001;128:1391-402 pubmed..In summary, we propose that Ps1 is involved in the functional manifestation of the segmentation clock in the presomitic mesoderm. ..
- Ohsawa R, Ohtsuka T, Kageyama R. Mash1 and Math3 are required for development of branchiomotor neurons and maintenance of neural progenitors. J Neurosci. 2005;25:5857-65 pubmed
- Yoon M, Koo B, Song R, Jeong H, Shin J, Kim Y, et al. Mind bomb-1 is essential for intraembryonic hematopoiesis in the aortic endothelium and the subaortic patches. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4794-804 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Mib1 is important for intraembryonic hematopoiesis not only in the aortic endothelium but also in the SAPs...
- Raetzman L, Ross S, Cook S, Dunwoodie S, Camper S, Thomas P. Developmental regulation of Notch signaling genes in the embryonic pituitary: Prop1 deficiency affects Notch2 expression. Dev Biol. 2004;265:329-40 pubmed..b>Dll3 is expressed only in the presumptive corticotrope and melanotrope cells...
- Francis J, Radtke F, Logan M. Notch1 signals through Jagged2 to regulate apoptosis in the apical ectodermal ridge of the developing limb bud. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1006-15 pubmed..Regulation of the extent of the AER is achieved by Notch signalling positively regulating apoptosis in the AER. We also demonstrate that Notch1 is not required for proper formation of all the derivatives of the limb mesenchyme. ..
- Shi S, Stanley P. Protein O-fucosyltransferase 1 is an essential component of Notch signaling pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:5234-9 pubmed..Protein O-fucosyltransferase 1 is therefore an essential core member of Notch signaling pathways in mammals. ..
- Shapiro F. Disordered vertebral and rib morphology in pudgy mice. Structural relationships to human scoliosis. Adv Anat Embryol Cell Biol. 2016;221:1-123 pubmed..This work will detail our studies on the structural deformities of the vertebral column and adjacent ribs in the pudgy mouse  caused by mutations in the delta-like 3 (Dll3) gene of the Notch family ...
- Chapman G, Sparrow D, Kremmer E, Dunwoodie S. Notch inhibition by the ligand DELTA-LIKE 3 defines the mechanism of abnormal vertebral segmentation in spondylocostal dysostosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:905-16 pubmed publisherMutations in the DELTA-LIKE 3 (DLL3) gene cause the congenital abnormal vertebral segmentation syndrome, spondylocostal dysostosis (SCD)...
- Shinkai Y, Tsuji T, Kawamoto Y, Kunieda T. New mutant mouse with skeletal deformities caused by mutation in delta like 3 (Dll3) gene. Exp Anim. 2004;53:129-36 pubmed..Linkage analysis localized the oma locus on the proximal region of mouse chromosome 7 close to Dll3 gene...