Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dlg4
Description: discs large MAGUK scaffold protein 4
Alias: Dlgh4, PSD-95, PSD95, SAP90, SAP90A, disks large homolog 4, PSD-95 alpha 2b, PSD-95 beta, SAP-90, discs large homolog 4, discs, large homolog 4, postsynaptic density protein 95, synapse-associated protein 90
- Zha X, Costa V, Harding A, Reznikov L, Benson C, Welsh M. ASIC2 subunits target acid-sensing ion channels to the synapse via an association with PSD-95. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8438-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ASIC2 facilitates ASIC1a localization and function in dendritic spines and suggest that the two subunits work in concert to regulate neuronal function. ..
- Christenn M, Kindler S, Schulz S, Buck F, Richter D, Kreienkamp H. Interaction of brain somatostatin receptors with the PDZ domains of PSD-95. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5173-7 pubmed..As functional parameters of the receptor, such as coupling to potassium channels, are not affected by the interaction with PSD-95, the association may serve to localize the receptor to postsynaptic sites. ..
- Yoshii A, Constantine Paton M. BDNF induces transport of PSD-95 to dendrites through PI3K-AKT signaling after NMDA receptor activation. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:702-11 pubmedThe N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR), brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95) and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) have all been implicated in long-term potentiation...
- von Engelhardt J, Mack V, Sprengel R, Kavenstock N, Li K, Stern Bach Y, et al. CKAMP44: a brain-specific protein attenuating short-term synaptic plasticity in the dentate gyrus. Science. 2010;327:1518-22 pubmed publisher..CKAMP44 thus modulates short-term plasticity at specific excitatory synapses. ..
- Delint Ramirez I, FernÃ¡ndez E, BayÃ©s A, Kicsi E, Komiyama N, Grant S. In vivo composition of NMDA receptor signaling complexes differs between membrane subdomains and is modulated by PSD-95 and PSD-93. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8162-70 pubmed publisher..These data show critical roles for scaffold proteins and their interactions with NMDA receptor subunits in organizing the differential expression in rafts and postsynaptic densities of synaptic signaling complexes. ..
- Fernandez E, Collins M, Uren R, Kopanitsa M, Komiyama N, Croning M, et al. Targeted tandem affinity purification of PSD-95 recovers core postsynaptic complexes and schizophrenia susceptibility proteins. Mol Syst Biol. 2009;5:269 pubmed publisher..This targeted TAP tagging strategy is generally applicable to mammalian proteomics and systems biology approaches to disease. ..
- Komiyama N, Watabe A, Carlisle H, Porter K, Charlesworth P, Monti J, et al. SynGAP regulates ERK/MAPK signaling, synaptic plasticity, and learning in the complex with postsynaptic density 95 and NMDA receptor. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9721-32 pubmed..A comparison of SynGAP and PSD-95 mutants suggests that PSD-95 couples NMDARs to multiple downstream signaling pathways with very different roles in LTP and learning. ..
- Fagiolini M, Katagiri H, Miyamoto H, Mori H, Grant S, Mishina M, et al. Separable features of visual cortical plasticity revealed by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2A signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2854-9 pubmed..developing visual system, mice carrying a targeted disruption of the NR2A-associated 95-kDa postsynaptic density (PSD95) scaffolding protein were analyzed...
- Feyder M, Karlsson R, Mathur P, Lyman M, Bock R, Momenan R, et al. Association of mouse Dlg4 (PSD-95) gene deletion and human DLG4 gene variation with phenotypes relevant to autism spectrum disorders and Williams' syndrome. Am J Psychiatry. 2010;167:1508-17 pubmed publisher..PSD-95 (postsynaptic density-95, DLG4) orchestrates protein-protein interactions at excitatory synapses and is a major functional bridge interconnecting ..
- Beique J, Lin D, Kang M, Aizawa H, Takamiya K, Huganir R. Synapse-specific regulation of AMPA receptor function by PSD-95. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19535-40 pubmed..Together, these results suggest a synapse-specific role for PSD-95 in controlling synaptic function that is independent of spine morphology. ..
- Elias G, Elias L, Apostolides P, Kriegstein A, Nicoll R. Differential trafficking of AMPA and NMDA receptors by SAP102 and PSD-95 underlies synapse development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20953-8 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that SAP102 and PSD-95 regulate the synaptic trafficking of distinct glutamate receptor subtypes at different developmental stages, thereby playing necessary roles in excitatory synapse development. ..
- Nonaka M, Doi T, Fujiyoshi Y, Takemoto Kimura S, Bito H. Essential contribution of the ligand-binding beta B/beta C loop of PDZ1 and PDZ2 in the regulation of postsynaptic clustering, scaffolding, and localization of postsynaptic density-95. J Neurosci. 2006;26:763-74 pubmed
- Migaud M, Charlesworth P, Dempster M, Webster L, Watabe A, Makhinson M, et al. Enhanced long-term potentiation and impaired learning in mice with mutant postsynaptic density-95 protein. Nature. 1998;396:433-9 pubmed..PSD-95 thus appears to be important in coupling the NMDA receptor to pathways that control bidirectional synaptic plasticity and learning. ..
- Prange O, Wong T, Gerrow K, Wang Y, El Husseini A. A balance between excitatory and inhibitory synapses is controlled by PSD-95 and neuroligin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:13915-20 pubmed..These findings elucidate a mechanism by which the amounts of specific elements critical for synapse formation control the ratio of excitatory-to-inhibitory synaptic input. ..
- Bence M, Arbuckle M, Dickson K, Grant S. Analyses of murine postsynaptic density-95 identify novel isoforms and potential translational control elements. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;133:143-52 pubmed..The variety of mRNA isoforms and regulatory elements identified provides for a high degree of diversity in the structure and function of PSD-95 proteins. ..
- Bats C, Groc L, Choquet D. The interaction between Stargazin and PSD-95 regulates AMPA receptor surface trafficking. Neuron. 2007;53:719-34 pubmed..These results propose a model in which the Stargazin-PSD-95 interaction plays a key role to trap and transiently stabilize diffusing AMPARs in the postsynaptic density. ..
- Yao W, Gainetdinov R, Arbuckle M, Sotnikova T, Cyr M, Beaulieu J, et al. Identification of PSD-95 as a regulator of dopamine-mediated synaptic and behavioral plasticity. Neuron. 2004;41:625-38 pubmed..Our findings uncover a previously unappreciated role of PSD-95 in psychostimulant action and identify a molecular and cellular mechanism shared between drug-related plasticity and learning. ..
- Klemmer P, Smit A, Li K. Proteomics analysis of immuno-precipitated synaptic protein complexes. J Proteomics. 2009;72:82-90 pubmed publisher..This model implicates the potential interaction of distinct protein complexes, and the engagement of single proteins, especially the scaffolding proteins, in multiple protein complexes. ..
- Chih B, Engelman H, Scheiffele P. Control of excitatory and inhibitory synapse formation by neuroligins. Science. 2005;307:1324-8 pubmed..Electrophysiological analysis revealed a predominant reduction of inhibitory synaptic function. Thus, neuroligins control the formation and functional balance of excitatory and inhibitory synapses in hippocampal neurons. ..
- Fukata M, Fukata Y, Adesnik H, Nicoll R, Bredt D. Identification of PSD-95 palmitoylating enzymes. Neuron. 2004;44:987-96 pubmed..This study suggests that P-PATs regulate synaptic function through PSD-95 palmitoylation. ..
- Zhou L, Li F, Xu H, Luo C, Wu H, Zhu M, et al. Treatment of cerebral ischemia by disrupting ischemia-induced interaction of nNOS with PSD-95. Nat Med. 2010;16:1439-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, this new drug may serve as a treatment for stroke, perhaps without major side effects. ..
- Collins M, Husi H, Yu L, Brandon J, Anderson C, Blackstock W, et al. Molecular characterization and comparison of the components and multiprotein complexes in the postsynaptic proteome. J Neurochem. 2006;97 Suppl 1:16-23 pubmed..These synapse proteome data sets offer a basis for future research in synaptic biology and will provide useful information in brain disease and mental disorder studies. ..
- Irie M, Hata Y, Takeuchi M, Ichtchenko K, Toyoda A, Hirao K, et al. Binding of neuroligins to PSD-95. Science. 1997;277:1511-5 pubmed..Thus different PDZ domains of PSD-95 are specialized for distinct functions. PSD-95 may recruit ion channels and neurotransmitter receptors to intercellular junctions formed between neurons by neuroligins and beta-neurexins. ..
- Mok H, Shin H, Kim S, Lee J, Yoon J, Kim E. Association of the kinesin superfamily motor protein KIF1Balpha with postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95), synapse-associated protein-97, and synaptic scaffolding molecule PSD-95/discs large/zona occludens-1 proteins. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5253-8 pubmed..large/zona occludens (PDZ) domain-binding motif with PDZ proteins including PSD-95/synapse-associated protein-90 (SAP90), SAP97, and synaptic scaffolding molecule (S-SCAM)-90 (SAP90)...
- Gavarini S, Becamel C, Altier C, Lory P, Poncet J, Wijnholds J, et al. Opposite effects of PSD-95 and MPP3 PDZ proteins on serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptor desensitization and membrane stability. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4619-31 pubmed..This indicates that, overall, interaction of 5-HT(2C) receptors with PDZ proteins inhibits receptor desensitization in cortical neurons. ..
- Zheng S, Gray E, Chawla G, Porse B, O Dell T, Black D. PSD-95 is post-transcriptionally repressed during early neural development by PTBP1 and PTBP2. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:381-8, S1 pubmed publisherb>Postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95) is essential for synaptic maturation and plasticity. Although its synaptic regulation has been widely studied, the control of PSD-95 cellular expression is not understood...
- Dani A, Huang B, BERGAN J, Dulac C, Zhuang X. Superresolution imaging of chemical synapses in the brain. Neuron. 2010;68:843-56 pubmed publisher..Combination with optogenetics further allowed molecular events associated with synaptic plasticity to be resolved at the single-synapse level. ..
- Garry E, Moss A, Delaney A, O Neill F, Blakemore J, Bowen J, et al. Neuropathic sensitization of behavioral reflexes and spinal NMDA receptor/CaM kinase II interactions are disrupted in PSD-95 mutant mice. Curr Biol. 2003;13:321-8 pubmed..Disruption of CaM kinase II docking to the NMDA receptor and activation may be responsible for the lack of neuropathic behavioral reflex sensitization in PSD-95 mutant mice. ..
- Chen X, Nelson C, Li X, Winters C, Azzam R, Sousa A, et al. PSD-95 is required to sustain the molecular organization of the postsynaptic density. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6329-38 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a structural basis for understanding the functional role of PSD-95 at the PSD. ..
- Elias G, Funke L, Stein V, Grant S, Bredt D, Nicoll R. Synapse-specific and developmentally regulated targeting of AMPA receptors by a family of MAGUK scaffolding proteins. Neuron. 2006;52:307-20 pubmed..These studies establish a PSD-MAGUK-specific regulation of AMPA-R synaptic expression that establishes and maintains glutamatergic synaptic transmission in the mammalian central nervous system. ..
- Cuthbert P, Stanford L, Coba M, Ainge J, Fink A, Opazo P, et al. Synapse-associated protein 102/dlgh3 couples the NMDA receptor to specific plasticity pathways and learning strategies. J Neurosci. 2007;27:2673-82 pubmed..This provides a mechanism for discriminating patterns of synaptic activity that lead to long-lasting changes in synaptic strength as well as distinct aspects of cognition in the mammalian nervous system. ..
- Tezuka T, Umemori H, Akiyama T, Nakanishi S, Yamamoto T. PSD-95 promotes Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:435-40 pubmed..These results suggest that PSD-95 is critical for regulation of NMDA receptor activity by Fyn and other Src-family PTKs, serving as a molecular scaffold for anchoring these PTKs to NR2A. ..
- Schwenk J, Harmel N, Brechet A, Zolles G, Berkefeld H, Müller C, et al. High-resolution proteomics unravel architecture and molecular diversity of native AMPA receptor complexes. Neuron. 2012;74:621-33 pubmed publisher..6 and 1 MDa. The additional constituents change the gating properties of AMPARs and provide links to the protein dynamics fundamental for the complex role of AMPARs in formation and operation of glutamatergic synapses. ..
- Wang Y, Rao W, Zhang C, Liu M, Han F, Yao L, et al. Scaffolding protein Homer1a protects against NMDA-induced neuronal injury. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1843 pubmed publisher..Homer1b/c facilitates NMDAR-PSD95-nNOS complex interactions, and Homer1a is a negative competitor of Homer1b/c...
- Zhang M, Li Q, Chen L, Li J, Zhang X, Chen X, et al. PSD-93 deletion inhibits Fyn-mediated phosphorylation of NR2B and protects against focal cerebral ischemia. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;68:104-11 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide a novel avenue for the treatment of ischemic stroke. ..
- Uchino S, Wada H, Honda S, Hirasawa T, Yanai S, Nakamura Y, et al. Slo2 sodium-activated K+ channels bind to the PDZ domain of PSD-95. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:1140-7 pubmed..The immunocytochemical study showed that mSlo2 channels partly colocalized with PSD-95 in mouse neocortical neurons. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Chen L, Sato M, Sokabe M, Nabeshima T, Pawson T, et al. Hippocampal synaptic modulation by the phosphotyrosine adapter protein ShcC/N-Shc via interaction with the NMDA receptor. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1826-35 pubmed
- Akgul G, Wollmuth L. Expression pattern of membrane-associated guanylate kinases in interneurons of the visual cortex. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:4842-54 pubmed publisher..The membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) homologs PSD-95/SAP90, PSD-93/chapsyn110, SAP97, and SAP102 are central organizers of the postsynaptic density at excitatory synapses on ..
- Shiraishi Y, Mizutani A, Bito H, Fujisawa K, Narumiya S, Mikoshiba K, et al. Cupidin, an isoform of Homer/Vesl, interacts with the actin cytoskeleton and activated rho family small GTPases and is expressed in developing mouse cerebellar granule cells. J Neurosci. 1999;19:8389-400 pubmed
- Broadhead M, Horrocks M, Zhu F, Muresan L, Benavides Piccione R, DeFelipe J, et al. PSD95 nanoclusters are postsynaptic building blocks in hippocampus circuits. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24626 pubmed publisher..To address this, mice were engineered to express Post Synaptic Density 95 protein (PSD95) fused to either eGFP or mEos2 and imaged with two orthogonal super-resolution methods: gated stimulated emission ..
- Frank R, Zhu F, Komiyama N, Grant S. Hierarchical organization and genetically separable subfamilies of PSD95 postsynaptic supercomplexes. J Neurochem. 2017;142:504-511 pubmed publisherb>PSD95 is an abundant postsynaptic scaffold protein in glutamatergic synapses that assembles into supercomplexes composed of over 80 proteins including neurotransmitter receptors, ion channels and adhesion proteins...
- Sen T, Gupta R, Kaiser H, Sen N. Activation of PERK Elicits Memory Impairment through Inactivation of CREB and Downregulation of PSD95 After Traumatic Brain Injury. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5900-5911 pubmed publisher..molecular mechanism, we found that activated PERK phosphorylates CAMP response element binding protein (CREB) and PSD95 directly at the S129 and T19 residues, respectively...
- Valor L, Grant S. Clustered gene expression changes flank targeted gene loci in knockout mice. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1303 pubmed..The apparent clustering of these genes was explained by the presence of flanking DNA from the parental ES cell. We provide recommendations for the analysis and reporting of microarray data from knockout mice. ..
- Poore C, Sundaram J, Pareek T, Fu A, Amin N, Mohamed N, et al. Cdk5-mediated phosphorylation of delta-catenin regulates its localization and GluR2-mediated synaptic activity. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8457-67 pubmed publisher..This study reveals how Cdk5 phosphorylation of the synaptic mediator protein delta-catenin can alter its localization at the synapse to impact neuronal synaptic activity. ..
- Aartsen W, Kantardzhieva A, Klooster J, van Rossum A, van de Pavert S, Versteeg I, et al. Mpp4 recruits Psd95 and Veli3 towards the photoreceptor synapse. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:1291-302 pubmed..At the OPL, Mpp4 is essential for correct localization of Psd95 and Veli3 at the presynaptic photoreceptor membrane...
- Hasegawa S, Hamada S, Kumode Y, Esumi S, Katori S, Fukuda E, et al. The protocadherin-alpha family is involved in axonal coalescence of olfactory sensory neurons into glomeruli of the olfactory bulb in mouse. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:66-79 pubmed publisher..Many M71 glomeruli, but apparently not MOR23 glomeruli, are heterogeneous in axonal innervation. Thus, Pcdha molecules are involved in coalescence of OSN axons into OR-specific glomeruli of the olfactory bulb. ..
- Camp M, Feyder M, Ihne J, Palachick B, Hurd B, Karlsson R, et al. A novel role for PSD-95 in mediating ethanol intoxication, drinking and place preference. Addict Biol. 2011;16:428-39 pubmed publisher..Post-synaptic density 95 (PSD-95, SAP-90, Dlg4) is a key orchestrator of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDAR) and glutamatergic synapses, which are known to be ..
- Serpinskaya A, Feng G, Sanes J, Craig A. Synapse formation by hippocampal neurons from agrin-deficient mice. Dev Biol. 1999;205:65-78 pubmed..These results indicate that the z+ forms of agrin are dispensable for glutamatergic and GABAergic synaptic differentiation in the central nervous system. ..
- Olivares A, Han Y, Soto D, Flattery K, Marini J, Mollema N, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor gene Nr2c1 (Tr2) is a critical regulator of early retina cell patterning. Dev Biol. 2017;429:343-355 pubmed publisher..This study supports a role for Nr2c1 in defining the biphasic period of retinal development and specifically influencing the early phase of retinal cell fate. ..
- Liu K, Lei R, Li Q, Wang X, Wu Q, An P, et al. Transferrin Receptor Controls AMPA Receptor Trafficking Efficiency and Synaptic Plasticity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21019 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals that TFR functions as a novel regulator to control AMPA trafficking efficiency and synaptic plasticity. ..
- Furuyashiki T, Fujisawa K, Fujita A, Madaule P, Uchino S, Mishina M, et al. Citron, a Rho-target, interacts with PSD-95/SAP-90 at glutamatergic synapses in the thalamus. J Neurosci. 1999;19:109-18 pubmed..Thus, Citron-PSD-95/SAP-90 interaction may provide a region- and cell type-specific link between the Rho signaling cascade and the synaptic NMDA receptor complex. ..
- Vasiljevic M, Heisler F, Hausrat T, Fehr S, Milenkovic I, Kneussel M, et al. Spatio-temporal expression analysis of the calcium-binding protein calumenin in the rodent brain. Neuroscience. 2012;202:29-41 pubmed publisher..This study points to a possible important role of calumenin in migration and differentiation of neurons, and/or in Ca(2+) signaling between glial cells and neurons. ..
- Peng X, Jia Z, Zhang Y, Ware J, Trimble W. The septin CDCrel-1 is dispensable for normal development and neurotransmitter release. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:378-87 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that CDCrel-1 is not essential for neuronal development or function, and that changes in expression of other septins may account for its functional redundancy. ..
- Ma T, Paul B, Fu C, Hu S, Zhu H, Blackshaw S, et al. Serine racemase regulated by binding to stargazin and PSD-95: potential N-methyl-D-aspartate-Î±-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (NMDA-AMPA) glutamate neurotransmission cross-talk. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:29631-41 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate that SR interacts with the synaptic proteins, postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95) and stargazin, forming a ternary complex...
- Almeida C, Tampellini D, Takahashi R, Greengard P, Lin M, Snyder E, et al. Beta-amyloid accumulation in APP mutant neurons reduces PSD-95 and GluR1 in synapses. Neurobiol Dis. 2005;20:187-98 pubmed
- Nakajima C, Kulik A, Frotscher M, Herz J, Schafer M, Bock H, et al. Low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1) modulates N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-dependent intracellular signaling and NMDA-induced regulation of postsynaptic protein complexes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21909-23 pubmed publisher..These results show a role of LRP1 in the regulation and turnover of synaptic proteins, which may contribute to the reduced dendritic branching and to the neurological phenotype observed in the absence of LRP1. ..
- Chen C, Lin C, Chang C, Jiang S, Hsueh Y. Sarm1, a negative regulator of innate immunity, interacts with syndecan-2 and regulates neuronal morphology. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:769-84 pubmed publisher..These functions likely involve Sarm1-mediated regulation of microtubule stability, as Sarm1 influenced tubulin acetylation. This study thus reveals the molecular mechanism underlying the action of Sarm1 in neuronal morphogenesis. ..
- Nithianantharajah J, Levis H, Murphy M. Environmental enrichment results in cortical and subcortical changes in levels of synaptophysin and PSD-95 proteins. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2004;81:200-10 pubmed
- Vogt L, Schrimpf S, Meskenaite V, Frischknecht R, Kinter J, Leone D, et al. Calsyntenin-1, a proteolytically processed postsynaptic membrane protein with a cytoplasmic calcium-binding domain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;17:151-66 pubmed..Thus, calsyntenin-1 may link extracellular proteolysis in the synaptic cleft and postsynaptic Ca2+ signaling. ..
- Henriquez B, Bustos F, Aguilar R, Becerra A, Simon F, Montecino M, et al. Ezh1 and Ezh2 differentially regulate PSD-95 gene transcription in developing hippocampal neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2013;57:130-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Ezh1 and Ezh2 have antagonistic roles in regulating PSD-95 transcription. ..
- Sultana A, Nakaya N, Dong L, Abu Asab M, Qian H, Tomarev S. Deletion of olfactomedin 2 induces changes in the AMPA receptor complex and impairs visual, olfactory, and motor functions in mice. Exp Neurol. 2014;261:802-11 pubmed publisher..showed reduced levels of several components of the AMPAR complex in the immunoprecipitates including Olfm1, PSD95 and CNIH2...
- Becamel C, Gavarini S, Chanrion B, Alonso G, Galeotti N, Dumuis A, et al. The serotonin 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C receptors interact with specific sets of PDZ proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20257-66 pubmed..The interaction of the 5-HT(2A) and the 5-HT(2C) receptor with specific sets of PDZ proteins may contribute to their different signal transduction properties. ..
- Tsai N, Wilkerson J, Guo W, Huber K. FMRP-dependent Mdm2 dephosphorylation is required for MEF2-induced synapse elimination. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:293-304 pubmed publisher..suppress an excitatory synapse number by promoting degradation of the synaptic scaffold protein, postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95), a process that is deficient in the mouse model of Fragile X Syndrome, Fmr1 KO...
- Nakazawa T, Komai S, Watabe A, Kiyama Y, Fukaya M, Arima Yoshida F, et al. NR2B tyrosine phosphorylation modulates fear learning as well as amygdaloid synaptic plasticity. EMBO J. 2006;25:2867-77 pubmed..We thus identify Tyr-1472 phosphorylation as a key mediator of fear learning and amygdaloid synaptic plasticity...
- Halt A, Dallapiazza R, Zhou Y, Stein I, Qian H, Juntti S, et al. CaMKII binding to GluN2B is critical during memory consolidation. EMBO J. 2012;31:1203-16 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, the activity-driven interaction of CaMKII with the NMDAR is important for recall of MWM memory as early as 24 h, but not 1-2 h, after training potentially due to impaired consolidation. ..
- Perez de Arce K, de Arce K, Varela Nallar L, Farias O, Cifuentes A, Bull P, et al. Synaptic clustering of PSD-95 is regulated by c-Abl through tyrosine phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3728-38 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that c-Abl regulates synapse formation by mediating tyrosine phosphorylation and clustering of PSD-95. ..
- Ferguson R, Serafeimidou Pouliou E, Subramanian V. Dynamic expression of the mouse orthologue of the human amyotropic lateral sclerosis associated gene C9orf72 during central nervous system development and neuronal differentiation. J Anat. 2016;229:871-891 pubmed publisher..Our findings have implications for interpreting the pathophysiology caused by the repeat expansions in C9orf72 in mouse models. ..
- Okabe T, Nakamura T, Nishimura Y, Kohu K, Ohwada S, Morishita Y, et al. RICS, a novel GTPase-activating protein for Cdc42 and Rac1, is involved in the beta-catenin-N-cadherin and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9920-7 pubmed..Thus, RICS may regulate dendritic spine morphology and strength by modulating Rho GTPases. ..