Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dkk4
Description: dickkopf WNT signaling pathway inhibitor 4
Alias: Dkk-4, dickkopf-related protein 4, dickkopf homolog 4, dickkopf-4
- Iwata J, Suzuki A, Yokota T, Ho T, Pelikan R, Urata M, et al. TGF? regulates epithelial-mesenchymal interactions through WNT signaling activity to control muscle development in the soft palate. Development. 2014;141:909-17 pubmed publisher..Gene expression of Dickkopf (Dkk1 and Dkk4), negative regulators of WNT-?-catenin signaling, is upregulated in the soft palate of Tgfbr2(fl/fl);K14-Cre mice, ..
- Hiramitsu S, Terauchi M, Kubota T. The effects of Dickkopf-4 on the proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis of osteoblasts. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4618-26 pubmed publisherThe Dickkopf family of proteins is comprised of four members (Dkk1, Dkk2, Dkk3, Dkk4) that are known to modulate Wnt/?-catenin signaling, which is activated during bone formation...
- Zhang Y, Tomann P, Andl T, Gallant N, Huelsken J, Jerchow B, et al. Reciprocal requirements for EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB and Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathways in hair follicle induction. Dev Cell. 2009;17:49-61 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a complex interplay and interdependence of Wnt/beta-catenin and EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB signaling pathways in initiation and maintenance of primary hair follicle placodes...
- Fliniaux I, Mikkola M, Lefebvre S, Thesleff I. Identification of dkk4 as a target of Eda-A1/Edar pathway reveals an unexpected role of ectodysplasin as inhibitor of Wnt signalling in ectodermal placodes. Dev Biol. 2008;320:60-71 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, there were only two genes with obvious involvement in Wnt pathway: dkk4 (most highly induced gene in the screen), and lrp4...
- Cui C, Kunisada M, Piao Y, Childress V, Ko M, Schlessinger D. Dkk4 and Eda regulate distinctive developmental mechanisms for subtypes of mouse hair. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10009 pubmed publisher..We report that Dickkopf 4 (Dkk4), a Wnt antagonist, affects an auxiliary pathway for Eda-independent development of secondary hair...
- Diep D, Hoen N, Backman M, Machon O, Krauss S. Characterisation of the Wnt antagonists and their response to conditionally activated Wnt signalling in the developing mouse forebrain. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;153:261-70 pubmed..At later developmental stages (E15.5, E17.5, and P0), little or no expression of dkk1, dkk2, and dkk4 was found in the forebrain, while dkk3 expression was detected in the ventricular zone (VZ) of the lateral and III ..
- Heath J, Langton A, Hammond N, Overbeek P, Dixon M, Headon D. Hair follicles are required for optimal growth during lateral skin expansion. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2358-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to their role in wound repair, HFs can make a significant contribution to lateral expansion of the IFE in the absence of trauma. ..
- Shirokova V, Biggs L, Jussila M, Ohyama T, Groves A, Mikkola M. Foxi3 Deficiency Compromises Hair Follicle Stem Cell Specification and Activation. Stem Cells. 2016;34:1896-908 pubmed publisher..Thus, Foxi3 regulates multiple aspects of hair follicle development and homeostasis. Stem Cells 2016;34:1896-1908. ..
- Suresh S, Durakoglugil D, Zhou X, Zhu B, Comerford S, Xing C, et al. SRC-2-mediated coactivation of anti-tumorigenic target genes suppresses MYC-induced liver cancer. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006650 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that activation of SHP (Small Heterodimer Partner), DKK4 (Dickkopf-4), and CADM4 (Cell Adhesion Molecule 4) by SRC-2 suppresses tumorigenesis in vitro and in vivo...
- Fantauzzo K, Christiano A. Trps1 activates a network of secreted Wnt inhibitors and transcription factors crucial to vibrissa follicle morphogenesis. Development. 2012;139:203-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify Trps1 as a novel regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway and of early hair follicle progenitors in the developing vibrissa follicle. ..
- Wong E, Cui L, Ng C, Tang C, Liu X, So M, et al. Genome-wide copy number variation study in anorectal malformations. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:621-31 pubmed publisher..Gene-based analysis revealed 79 genes interfered by CNVs in patients only. In particular, we identified a de novo DKK4 duplication...
- Sima J, Piao Y, Chen Y, Schlessinger D. Molecular dynamics of Dkk4 modulates Wnt action and regulates meibomian gland development. Development. 2016;143:4723-4735 pubmed..However, the molecular function of other Dkks remains largely unknown. Here, we show that Dkk4 selectively inhibits a subset of Wnts, but is further inactivated by proteolytic cleavage...
- Voutilainen M, Lindfors P, Trela E, LÃ¶nnblad D, Shirokova V, Elo T, et al. Ectodysplasin/NF-ÎºB Promotes Mammary Cell Fate via Wnt/Î²-catenin Pathway. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005676 pubmed publisher..Using an ex vivo culture system, we show that suppression of canonical Wnt signalling leads to a dose-dependent inhibition of supernumerary placodes in K14-Eda tissue explants. ..
- Glover J, Wells K, Matthäus F, Painter K, Ho W, Riddell J, et al. Hierarchical patterning modes orchestrate hair follicle morphogenesis. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002117 pubmed publisher..This work illustrates a hierarchy of periodic patterning modes operating in organogenesis. ..