Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ddx5
Description: DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp) box polypeptide 5
Alias: 2600009A06Rik, G17P1, HUMP68, Hlr1, p68, DEAD (aspartate-glutamate-alanine-aspartate) box polypeptide 5, DEAD box RNA helicase DEAD1, DEAD box protein 5, DEAD/H (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp/His) box polypeptide 5, RNA helicase p68, mDEAD1
- Dardenne E, Polay Espinoza M, Fattet L, Germann S, Lambert M, Neil H, et al. RNA helicases DDX5 and DDX17 dynamically orchestrate transcription, miRNA, and splicing programs in cell differentiation. Cell Rep. 2014;7:1900-13 pubmed publisherThe RNA helicases DDX5 and DDX17 are members of a large family of highly conserved proteins that are involved in gene-expression regulation; however, their in vivo targets and activities in biological processes such as cell ..
- MotiÃ±o O, FrancÃ©s D, Mayoral R, Castro SÃ¡nchez L, FernÃ¡ndez Velasco M, BoscÃ¡ L, et al. Regulation of MicroRNA 183 by Cyclooxygenase 2 in Liver Is DEAD-Box Helicase p68 (DDX5) Dependent: Role in Insulin Signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2554-67 pubmed publisher..23b (miR-23b), miR-146b, and miR-183 expression in liver cells by increasing the level of DEAD-box helicase p68 (DDX5) through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/p300 signaling and by modulating the enzymatic function of the Drosha ..
- Neppl R, Wu C, Walsh K. lncRNA Chronos is an aging-induced inhibitor of muscle hypertrophy. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3497-3507 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Chronos induces myofiber hypertrophy both in vitro and in vivo, in part, through the epigenetic modulation of Bmp7 signaling. ..
- Liu Q, Liu Z, Whitmire J, Alem F, Hamed H, Pesce J, et al. IL-18 stimulates IL-13-mediated IFN-gamma-sensitive host resistance in vivo. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:1187-98 pubmed
- Liskovykh M, Davydov Sinitsin A, Marilovtseva E, Tomilin A, Tolkunova E. [The interaction between CDX2 transcription factor and DDX5 RNA helicase]. Tsitologiia. 2011;53:930-8 pubmedPreviously, our results of a two-hybrid screening essay allowed us to recognize p68 (DDX5) as a possible partner of CDX2. The recent part of research was carried out to confirm this interaction...
- Nagamori I, Yomogida K, Adams P, Sassone Corsi P, Nojima H. Transcription factors, cAMP-responsive element modulator (CREM) and Tisp40, act in concert in postmeiotic transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15073-81 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that the Tisp40DeltaTM-CREMtau heterodimer acts as a recruiter of HIRA, a histone chaperone, to CRE. Taken together, we propose that Tisp40 is an important transcriptional regulator during spermiogenesis. ..
- Dubey P, Hendrickson R, Meredith S, Siegel C, Shabanowitz J, Skipper J, et al. The immunodominant antigen of an ultraviolet-induced regressor tumor is generated by a somatic point mutation in the DEAD box helicase p68. J Exp Med. 1997;185:695-705 pubmed..The peptide, SNFVFAGI, matched the sequence of the DEAD box protein p68 RNA helicase except for a single amino acid substitution, caused by a single nucleotide change...
- Tago K, Funakoshi Tago M, Itoh H, Furukawa Y, Kikuchi J, Kato T, et al. Arf tumor suppressor disrupts the oncogenic positive feedback loop including c-Myc and DDX5. Oncogene. 2015;34:314-22 pubmed publisher..purification-tag technique, we purified Arf-containing protein complexes and identified p68 DEAD-box protein (DDX5) as a novel interacting protein of Arf...
- Lemaire L, Johnson K, Bammer S, Petry P, Ruddle F, Heinlein U. Chromosomal assignment of three novel mouse genes expressed in testicular cells. Genomics. 1994;21:409-14 pubmed..ii) TNZ1 is located in the proximal region of chromosome 11; and (iii) TAZ4 is located at band D in the distal portion of chromosome 11, near the Hlr1 locus, with a related sequence, TAZ4-rs1, in the proximal part of chromosome 1.
- Li H, Lai P, Jia J, Song Y, Xia Q, Huang K, et al. RNA Helicase DDX5 Inhibits Reprogramming to Pluripotency by miRNA-Based Repression of RYBP and its PRC1-Dependent and -Independent Functions. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;20:462-477.e6 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the DEAD-box RBP DDX5 inhibits reprogramming by repressing the expression and function of the non-canonical polycomb complex 1 (PRC1) ..
- Lee J, Friese A, Mielich M, Sigrist M, Arber S. Scaling proprioceptor gene transcription by retrograde NT3 signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45551 pubmed publisher..Voluntary running experiments in adult mice further demonstrate the maintenance of transcriptional adjustability of genes expressed by DRG neurons, pointing to life-long gene expression plasticity in sensory neurons. ..
- Ramanathan N, Lim N, Stewart C. DDX5/p68 RNA helicase expression is essential for initiating adipogenesis. Lipids Health Dis. 2015;14:160 pubmed publisherb>DDX5/p68 RNA helicase is a member of the DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp) box proteins. Apart from RNA unwinding, DDX5 is an important transcriptional factor and co-activator in cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Padmanabhan K, Robles M, Westerling T, Weitz C. Feedback regulation of transcriptional termination by the mammalian circadian clock PERIOD complex. Science. 2012;337:599-602 pubmed publisher..We found that mouse PER complexes included RNA helicases DDX5 and DHX9, active RNA polymerase II large subunit, Per and Cry pre-mRNAs, and SETX, a helicase that promotes ..
- Krol J, Krol I, Alvarez C, Fiscella M, Hierlemann A, Roska B, et al. A network comprising short and long noncoding RNAs and RNA helicase controls mouse retina architecture. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7305 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the precise timing of glia-neuron interaction controlled by noncoding RNAs and Ddx3x is important for the even distribution of cells across layers. ..
- Wang H, Gao X, Huang Y, Yang J, Liu Z. P68 RNA helicase is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein. Cell Res. 2009;19:1388-400 pubmed publisherb>P68 RNA helicase is a prototypical DEAD box RNA helicase. The protein plays a very important role in early organ development and maturation...
- Germann S, Gratadou L, Zonta E, Dardenne E, Gaudineau B, Fougere M, et al. Dual role of the ddx5/ddx17 RNA helicases in the control of the pro-migratory NFAT5 transcription factor. Oncogene. 2012;31:4536-49 pubmed publisherb>Ddx5 and ddx17 are two highly related RNA helicases involved in both transcription and splicing. These proteins coactivate transcription factors involved in cancer such as the estrogen receptor alpha, p53 and beta-catenin...
- Gompers A, Su Feher L, Ellegood J, Copping N, Riyadh M, Stradleigh T, et al. Germline Chd8 haploinsufficiency alters brain development in mouse. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1062-1073 pubmed publisher..This integrative analysis offers an initial picture of the consequences of Chd8 haploinsufficiency for brain development. ..
- Dardenne E, Pierredon S, Driouch K, Gratadou L, Lacroix Triki M, Espinoza M, et al. Splicing switch of an epigenetic regulator by RNA helicases promotes tumor-cell invasiveness. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1139-46 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the mouse and human RNA helicases Ddx17 and Ddx5 contribute to tumor-cell invasiveness by regulating alternative splicing of several DNA- and chromatin-binding ..
- Berg J, Lee C, Chen L, Galvan L, Cepeda C, Chen J, et al. JAKMIP1, a Novel Regulator of Neuronal Translation, Modulates Synaptic Function and Autistic-like Behaviors in Mouse. Neuron. 2015;88:1173-1191 pubmed publisher..These findings define an important and novel role for JAKMIP1 in neural development and further highlight pathways regulating mRNA translation during synaptogenesis in the genesis of neurodevelopmental disorders. ..
- Saporita A, Chang H, Winkeler C, Apicelli A, Kladney R, Wang J, et al. RNA helicase DDX5 is a p53-independent target of ARF that participates in ribosome biogenesis. Cancer Res. 2011;71:6708-17 pubmed publisher..Through this approach, we discovered that ARF limited the nucleolar localization of the RNA helicase DDX5, which promotes the synthesis and maturation of rRNA, ultimately increasing ribosome output and proliferation...
- Enukashvily N, Donev R, Sheer D, Podgornaya O. Satellite DNA binding and cellular localisation of RNA helicase P68. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:611-22 pubmed..The protein was identified by mass spectrometry as RNA helicase P68. In fixed cells, P68 was found to shuttle in and out of SC35 domains, forming fibres and granules in a cell-..
- Arun G, Akhade V, Donakonda S, Rao M. mrhl RNA, a long noncoding RNA, negatively regulates Wnt signaling through its protein partner Ddx5/p68 in mouse spermatogonial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3140-52 pubmed publisher..Northwestern blot and RNA pulldown experiments identified Ddx5/p68 as one of the interacting proteins of mrhl RNA...
- Berkovits B, Wang L, Guarnieri P, Wolgemuth D. The testis-specific double bromodomain-containing protein BRDT forms a complex with multiple spliceosome components and is required for mRNA splicing and 3'-UTR truncation in round spermatids. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:7162-75 pubmed publisher..We selected four of these genes to characterize: Srsf2, Ddx5, Hnrnpk and Tardbp...
- Joo J, Kim Y, Dunn N, Sugrue S. Disruption of mouse corneal epithelial differentiation by conditional inactivation of pnn. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1927-34 pubmed publisher..In addition, Pnn inactivation also led to misregulated level of p68 RNA helicase in mutant corneal epithelium. Conclusions...
- Ishiguro T, Nakajima M, Naito M, Muto T, Tsuruo T. Identification of genes differentially expressed in B16 murine melanoma sublines with different metastatic potentials. Cancer Res. 1996;56:875-9 pubmed..TI-241 may regulate the expression of various genes as a transcription factor in the complex process of metastasis. ..
- Miller L, Blandford V, McAdam R, Sanchez Carbente M, Badeaux F, DesGroseillers L, et al. Combinations of DEAD box proteins distinguish distinct types of RNA: protein complexes in neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:485-95 pubmed..These studies hint at a great complexity in RNA transport and storage in neuronal processes. ..
- Petry P, Johnson K, Lemaire L, Heinlein U. Assignment to chromosome 11 of mouse p68 RNA helicase gene (Hlr1) and pseudogene (Hlr1-ps1). FEBS Lett. 1995;363:25-8 pubmedThe gene encoding murine p68 RNA helicase (Hlr1) was mapped to the distal portion of mouse chromosome 11 by linkage analysis of DNA restriction length polymorphisms using an interspecific genetic backcross between (C57BL/6J x SPRET/Ei) F1 ..
- Rousseau S, Morrice N, Peggie M, Campbell D, Gaestel M, Cohen P. Inhibition of SAPK2a/p38 prevents hnRNP A0 phosphorylation by MAPKAP-K2 and its interaction with cytokine mRNAs. EMBO J. 2002;21:6505-14 pubmed..Our data suggest that LPS-induced binding of hnRNP A0 to AREs may contribute to the post-transcriptional regulation of specific mRNAs. ..
- Nicol S, Bray S, Black H, Lorimore S, Wright E, Lane D, et al. The RNA helicase p68 (DDX5) is selectively required for the induction of p53-dependent p21 expression and cell-cycle arrest after DNA damage. Oncogene. 2013;32:3461-9 pubmed publisherThe RNA helicase p68 (DDX5) is an established co-activator of the p53 tumour suppressor that itself has a pivotal role in orchestrating the cellular response to DNA damage...
- Wilson B, Giguere V. Identification of novel pathway partners of p68 and p72 RNA helicases through Oncomine meta-analysis. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:419 pubmed..We have used the DEAD-box proteins p68(Ddx5) and p72(Ddx17) as models for this coexpression frequency analysis as there are defined functions for these ..
- Jensen E, Niu L, Caretti G, Nicol S, Teplyuk N, Stein G, et al. p68 (Ddx5) interacts with Runx2 and regulates osteoblast differentiation. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1438-51 pubmed..One of these proteins is the DEAD box RNA helicase, p68 (Ddx5). p68 regulates many aspects of RNA expression, including transcription and splicing...
- Moon B, Bai J, Cai M, Liu C, Shi J, Lu W. Kruppel-like factor 4-dependent Staufen1-mediated mRNA decay regulates cortical neurogenesis. Nat Commun. 2018;9:401 pubmed publisher..In addition, Klf4 interacts with RNA-binding protein Staufen1 (Stau1) and RNA helicase Ddx5/17. They function together as a complex to maintain NPC self-renewal...
- Sambasivan R, Cheedipudi S, Pasupuleti N, Saleh A, Pavlath G, Dhawan J. The small chromatin-binding protein p8 coordinates the association of anti-proliferative and pro-myogenic proteins at the myogenin promoter. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3481-91 pubmed publisher..We report two new partners for p8 that support a role in muscle-specific gene regulation: p68 (Ddx5), an RNA helicase reported to bind both p300 and MyoD, and MyoD itself...
- Ghosh S, Thakur M. Interaction of estrogen receptor-alpha transactivation domain with nuclear proteins of mouse brain: p68 RNA helicase shows age- and sex-specific change. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:1323-8 pubmed publisher..This protein was identified as p68 RNA helicase through NCBI database search, immunoprecipitation, and immunoblotting...
- Xing Z, Wang S, Tran E. Characterization of the mammalian DEAD-box protein DDX5 reveals functional conservation with S. cerevisiae ortholog Dbp2 in transcriptional control and glucose metabolism. RNA. 2017;23:1125-1138 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, Dbp2 is also linked to glucose sensing and hexose transporter gene expression. DDX5 is the mammalian ortholog of Dbp2 that has been implicated in cancer and metabolic syndrome, suggesting that the ..
- Gee S, Conboy J. Mouse erythroid cells express multiple putative RNA helicase genes exhibiting high sequence conservation from yeast to mammals. Gene. 1994;140:171-7 pubmed..somatic tissues. Thus, mouse erythroid cells produce two highly conserved families of putative RNA helicases likely to play important roles in RNA metabolism and gene expression. ..
- Hong S, Noh H, Chen H, Padia R, Pan Z, Su S, et al. Signaling by p38 MAPK stimulates nuclear localization of the microprocessor component p68 for processing of selected primary microRNAs. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra16 pubmed publisher..Through yeast two-hybrid screening, we identified p68 (also known as DDX5), a key component of the Drosha complex that processes pri-miRNAs, as an MK2-interacting protein, and we found that ..
- Nagata T, Tsuda K, Kobayashi N, Shirouzu M, Kigawa T, Güntert P, et al. Solution structures of the double-stranded RNA-binding domains from RNA helicase A. Proteins. 2012;80:1699-706 pubmed publisher..We discuss the binding mode of the dsRBDs of RHA, in comparison with the known dsRBD structures in their complexes. Our structural data provide important information for the elucidation of the molecular reassembly mediated by RHA. ..