Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dbp
Description: D site albumin promoter binding protein
Alias: D site-binding protein, albumin D box-binding protein, albumin D-element-binding protein
- Xu Y, Guo W, Li P, Zhang Y, Zhao M, Fan Z, et al. Long-Range Chromosome Interactions Mediated by Cohesin Shape Circadian Gene Expression. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005992 pubmed publisher..This study provided a novel insight into the relationship between circadian transcriptome and the high-order chromosome structure. ..
- Ritchie A, Gutierrez O, Fernandez Luna J. PAR bZIP-bik is a novel transcriptional pathway that mediates oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in fibroblasts. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:838-46 pubmed publisher..for PAR bZIP transcription factors) proteins, thyrotroph embryonic factor (TEF), albumin D-site-binding protein (DBP), and hepatic leukemia factor (HLF), are a family of transcription factors that have been shown to contribute to ..
- Ando H, Kumazaki M, Motosugi Y, Ushijima K, Maekawa T, Ishikawa E, et al. Impairment of peripheral circadian clocks precedes metabolic abnormalities in ob/ob mice. Endocrinology. 2011;152:1347-54 pubmed publisher..the daily mRNA expression profiles of the clock and clock-controlled genes Clock, Bmal1, Cry1, Per1, Per2, and Dbp were substantially dampened in the liver and adipose tissue, but not the hypothalamic suprachiasmatic nucleus, of ..
- Franken P, Lopez Molina L, Marcacci L, Schibler U, Tafti M. The transcription factor DBP affects circadian sleep consolidation and rhythmic EEG activity. J Neurosci. 2000;20:617-25 pubmedAlbumin D-binding protein (DBP) is a PAR leucine zipper transcription factor that is expressed according to a robust circadian rhythm in the suprachiasmatic nuclei, harboring the circadian master clock, and in most peripheral tissues...
- Tremblay F, Huard C, Dow J, Gareski T, Will S, Richard A, et al. Loss of coiled-coil domain containing 80 negatively modulates glucose homeostasis in diet-induced obese mice. Endocrinology. 2012;153:4290-303 pubmed publisher..Expression of the core clock member Arntl/Bmal1 was reduced whereas that of the oscillating transcription factors Dbp and Tef was increased in all tissues examined...
- Dolatshad H, Cary A, Davis F. Differential expression of the circadian clock in maternal and embryonic tissues of mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9855 pubmed publisher..In vivo, circadian cycles are not expressed in embryonic tissues as they are in adult tissues. Individual cells might express oscillations, but are not synchronized until later in development. ..
- Katada S, Sassone Corsi P. The histone methyltransferase MLL1 permits the oscillation of circadian gene expression. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1414-21 pubmed publisher..Our results favor a scenario in which H3K4 trimethylation by MLL1 is required to establish a permissive chromatin state for circadian transcription. ..
- Ratajczak C, Herzog E, Muglia L. Clock gene expression in gravid uterus and extra-embryonic tissues during late gestation in the mouse. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2010;22:743-50 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate expression and rhythmicity of clock genes in tissues relevant to parturition indicating a potential contribution of peripheral molecular clocks to this process. ..
- Le Martelot G, Claudel T, Gatfield D, Schaad O, Kornmann B, Lo Sasso G, et al. REV-ERBalpha participates in circadian SREBP signaling and bile acid homeostasis. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000181 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggests that rhythmic cholesterol and bile acid metabolism is not just driven by alternating feeding-fasting cycles, but also by REV-ERBalpha, a component of the circadian clockwork circuitry. ..
- Szpirer C, Riviere M, Cortese R, Nakamura T, Islam M, Levan G, et al. Chromosomal localization in man and rat of the genes encoding the liver-enriched transcription factors C/EBP, DBP, and HNF1/LFB-1 (CEBP, DBP, and transcription factor 1, TCF1, respectively) and of the hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor gene (HGF. Genomics. 1992;13:293-300 pubmed..genes encoding transcription factors expressed in hepatocytes, namely, C/EBP (CCAAT/enhancer binding protein), DBP (D site of albumin promoter binding protein), and HNF1/LFB-1 (designated transcription factor 1, gene symbol: TCF1),..
- Hamamura K, Matsunaga N, Ikeda E, Kondo H, Ikeyama H, Tokushige K, et al. Alterations of Hepatic Metabolism in Chronic Kidney Disease via D-box-binding Protein Aggravate the Renal Dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:4913-27 pubmed publisher..In addition, D-box-binding protein (DBP), which controls the expression of several CYP genes, was significantly decreased in these mice...
- Petrzilka S, Taraborrelli C, Cavadini G, Fontana A, Birchler T. Clock gene modulation by TNF-alpha depends on calcium and p38 MAP kinase signaling. J Biol Rhythms. 2009;24:283-94 pubmed publisher..TNF-alpha) suppresses transcription of E-box-driven clock genes (D-site albumin promoter binding protein, Dbp; Tyrotroph embryonic factor, Tef ; Hepatic leukemia factor, Hlf; Period homolog to Drosophila 1/2/3, Per1, Per2, ..
- Foucher I, Volovitch M, Frain M, Kim J, Souberbielle J, Gan L, et al. Hoxa5 overexpression correlates with IGFBP1 upregulation and postnatal dwarfism: evidence for an interaction between Hoxa5 and Forkhead box transcription factors. Development. 2002;129:4065-74 pubmed
- Nakabayashi H, Ohta Y, Yamamoto M, Susuki Y, Taguchi A, Tanabe K, et al. Clock-controlled output gene Dbp is a regulator of Arnt/Hif-1? gene expression in pancreatic islet ?-cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:370-5 pubmed publisher..a novel molecular connection between Arnt and two clock-controlled output genes, albumin D-element binding protein (Dbp) and E4 binding protein 4 (E4bp4)...
- Li P, Fu X, Smith N, Ziobro J, Curiel J, Tenga M, et al. Loss of CLOCK Results in Dysfunction of Brain Circuits Underlying Focal Epilepsy. Neuron. 2017;96:387-401.e6 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data show that disruption of CLOCK alters cortical circuits and may lead to generation of focal epilepsy. ..
- Wang Q, Maillard M, Schibler U, Burnier M, Gachon F. Cardiac hypertrophy, low blood pressure, and low aldosterone levels in mice devoid of the three circadian PAR bZip transcription factors DBP, HLF, and TEF. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;299:R1013-9 pubmed publisher..transcription of output genes is, in part, regulated by the clock-controlled PAR bZip transcription factors DBP (albumin D-site binding protein), HLF (hepatic leukemia factor), and TEF (thyrotroph embryonic factor)...
- Ripperger J, Schibler U. Rhythmic CLOCK-BMAL1 binding to multiple E-box motifs drives circadian Dbp transcription and chromatin transitions. Nat Genet. 2006;38:369-74 pubmed..Here we show that circadian regulation of the mouse albumin D element-binding protein (Dbp) gene involves rhythmic binding of BMAL1 and CLOCK and marked daily chromatin transitions...
- Drolet D, Scully K, Simmons D, Wegner M, Chu K, Swanson L, et al. TEF, a transcription factor expressed specifically in the anterior pituitary during embryogenesis, defines a new class of leucine zipper proteins. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1739-53 pubmed..of the unique homology between TEF and another member of the bZIP gene family, the albumin D box-binding protein (DBP)...
- Gachon F, Leuenberger N, Claudel T, Gos P, Jouffe C, Fleury Olela F, et al. Proline- and acidic amino acid-rich basic leucine zipper proteins modulate peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4794-9 pubmed publisher..In turn, the fatty acids act as ligands for PPAR?, and the activated PPAR? receptor then stimulates the transcription of genes encoding proteins involved in the uptake and/or metabolism of lipids, cholesterol, and glucose metabolism. ..
- Stratmann M, Stadler F, Tamanini F, van der Horst G, Ripperger J. Flexible phase adjustment of circadian albumin D site-binding protein (DBP) gene expression by CRYPTOCHROME1. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1317-28 pubmed publisherThe albumin D site-binding protein (DBP) governs circadian transcription of a number of hepatic detoxification and metabolic enzymes prior to the activity phase and subsequent food intake of mice...
- Stratmann M, Suter D, Molina N, Naef F, Schibler U. Circadian Dbp transcription relies on highly dynamic BMAL1-CLOCK interaction with E boxes and requires the proteasome. Mol Cell. 2012;48:277-87 pubmed publisher..factors BMAL1 and CLOCK drive the circadian transcription of clock and clock-controlled genes, such as Dbp. To investigate the kinetics of BMAL1 binding to target genes in real time, we generated a cell line harboring ..
- Curie T, Mongrain V, Dorsaz S, Mang G, Emmenegger Y, Franken P. Homeostatic and circadian contribution to EEG and molecular state variables of sleep regulation. Sleep. 2013;36:311-23 pubmed publisher..well-established role in circadian rhythms, our findings that the forebrain expression of the clock-genes Per2 and Dbp increases and decreases, respectively, in relation to time spent awake suggest they also play a role in the ..
- Tsuneki H, Kon K, Ito H, Yamazaki M, Takahara S, Toyooka N, et al. Timed Inhibition of Orexin System by Suvorexant Improved Sleep and Glucose Metabolism in Type 2 Diabetic db/db Mice. Endocrinology. 2016;157:4146-4157 pubmed..Our results provide insight into the development of novel pharmacological interventions for type 2 diabetes that target the orexin-operated sleep/wake regulatory system. ..
- Zuber A, Centeno G, Pradervand S, Nikolaeva S, Maquelin L, Cardinaux L, et al. Molecular clock is involved in predictive circadian adjustment of renal function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16523-8 pubmed publisher..core clock genes (clock, bma11, npas2, per, cry, nr1d1) and clock-controlled Par bZip transcriptional factors dbp, hlf, and tef...
- Morishita Y, Miura D, Kida S. PI3K regulates BMAL1/CLOCK-mediated circadian transcription from the Dbp promoter. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:1131-40 pubmed publisher..inhibition or shRNA-mediated knockdown of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) blocked upregulation of Dbp mRNA induced by serum shock in NIH 3T3 cells...
- Lopez Molina L, Conquet F, Dubois Dauphin M, Schibler U. The DBP gene is expressed according to a circadian rhythm in the suprachiasmatic nucleus and influences circadian behavior. EMBO J. 1997;16:6762-71 pubmedb>DBP, a PAR leucine zipper transcription factor, accumulates according to a robust circadian rhythm in liver and several other tissues of mouse and rat...
- Cretenet G, Le Clech M, Gachon F. Circadian clock-coordinated 12 Hr period rhythmic activation of the IRE1alpha pathway controls lipid metabolism in mouse liver. Cell Metab. 2010;11:47-57 pubmed publisher..The resulting aberrant circadian lipid metabolism in mice devoid of the circadian clock could be involved in the appearance of the associated metabolic syndrome. ..
- Fonjallaz P, Ossipow V, Wanner G, Schibler U. The two PAR leucine zipper proteins, TEF and DBP, display similar circadian and tissue-specific expression, but have different target promoter preferences. EMBO J. 1996;15:351-62 pubmedThe two highly related PAR basic region leucine zipper proteins TEF and DBP accumulate according to a robust circadian rhythm in liver and kidney...