cysteine rich secretory protein 4
Gene Symbol: cysteine rich secretory protein 4
Description: cysteine-rich secretory protein 4
Alias: 9230112K08Rik, cysteine-rich secretory protein 4
Products: cysteine rich secretory protein 4
- Gibbs G, Orta G, Reddy T, Koppers A, Martínez López P, de la Vega Beltrán J, et al. Cysteine-rich secretory protein 4 is an inhibitor of transient receptor potential M8 with a role in establishing sperm function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:7034-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data identify CRISP4 as an endogenous regulator of TRPM8 with a role in normal sperm function. ..
- Jalkanen J, Huhtaniemi I, Poutanen M. Mouse cysteine-rich secretory protein 4 (CRISP4): a member of the Crisp family exclusively expressed in the epididymis in an androgen-dependent manner. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1268-74 pubmed
- Nolan M, Wu L, Bang H, Jelinsky S, Roberts K, Turner T, et al. Identification of rat cysteine-rich secretory protein 4 (Crisp4) as the ortholog to human CRISP1 and mouse Crisp4. Biol Reprod. 2006;74:984-91 pubmed..Our data identify rat Crisp4 as the true ortholog to human CRISP1 and mouse Crisp4, and demonstrate its interaction with spermatozoa in the epididymis. ..
- Turunen H, Sipila P, Krutskikh A, Toivanen J, Mankonen H, Hämäläinen V, et al. Loss of cysteine-rich secretory protein 4 (Crisp4) leads to deficiency in sperm-zona pellucida interaction in mice. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:1-8 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that iCre recombinase is expressed in a pattern similar to endogenous Crisp4 and is able to initiate the recombination event with its target sequences in vivo...
- Borges B, García Galiano D, da Silveira Cruz Machado S, Han X, Gavrilina G, Saunders T, et al. Obesity-Induced Infertility in Male Mice Is Associated With Disruption of Crisp4 Expression and Sperm Fertilization Capacity. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2930-2943 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the obesity-induced decline in sperm motility and fertilization capacity results in part from the disruption of epididymal CRISP4 expression and secretion. ..