Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp7b1
Description: cytochrome P450, family 7, subfamily b, polypeptide 1
Alias: AW261589, D3Ertd552e, hct-1, 25-hydroxycholesterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase, cytochrome P450 7B1, cytochrome P450, 7b1, hippocampal transcript 1 protein, oxysterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase
- Oyola M, Zuloaga D, Carbone D, Malysz A, Acevedo Rodriguez A, Handa R, et al. CYP7B1 Enzyme Deletion Impairs Reproductive Behaviors in Male Mice. Endocrinology. 2015;156:2150-61 pubmed publisher..b>CYP7B1 enzyme converts 3Î²-diol to inactive 6Î±- or 7Î±-triols and plays an important role as a regulator of ..
- Wada T, Kang H, Angers M, Gong H, Bhatia S, Khadem S, et al. Identification of oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1) as a novel retinoid-related orphan receptor alpha (RORalpha) (NR1F1) target gene and a functional cross-talk between RORalpha and liver X receptor (NR1H3). Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:891-9 pubmed..In this study, we revealed a novel function of RORalpha (NR1F1) in regulating the oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1), an enzyme critical for the homeostasis of cholesterol, bile acids, and oxysterols...
- Omoto Y, Lathe R, Warner M, Gustafsson J. Early onset of puberty and early ovarian failure in CYP7B1 knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2814-9 pubmedb>CYP7B1 is the enzyme responsible for hydroxylation and termination of the estrogenic actions of the androgen metabolite, 5alpha-androstane-3beta, 17beta-diol (3betaAdiol)...
- Weihua Z, Lathe R, Warner M, Gustafsson J. An endocrine pathway in the prostate, ERbeta, AR, 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diol, and CYP7B1, regulates prostate growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13589-94 pubmed..We have used ERbeta(-/-) and CYP7B1(-/-) mice to investigate the role of ERbeta and one of its ligands, 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diol (..
- Li Hawkins J, Lund E, Bronson A, Russell D. Expression cloning of an oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase selective for 24-hydroxycholesterol. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16543-9 pubmed..of 7alpha-hydroxylated bile acids from oxysterols requires an oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase encoded by the Cyp7b1 locus...
- Omoto Y, Imamov O, Warner M, Gustafsson J. Estrogen receptor alpha and imprinting of the neonatal mouse ventral prostate by estrogen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1484-9 pubmed..We conclude that imprinting and branching morphogenesis of the ventral prostate are mediated by estrogen acting directly on epithelial and stromal ERalpha during the first 2 weeks of life. ..
- DuSell C, Nelson E, Wang X, Abdo J, Mödder U, Umetani M, et al. The endogenous selective estrogen receptor modulator 27-hydroxycholesterol is a negative regulator of bone homeostasis. Endocrinology. 2010;151:3675-85 pubmed publisher..More studies are warranted to fully elucidate the mechanism of action of 27HC in bone and to identify ways to modulate this pathway therapeutically. ..
- Bean R, Seckl J, Lathe R, Martin C. Ontogeny of the neurosteroid enzyme Cyp7b in the mouse. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2001;174:137-44 pubmed..This pattern of cyp7b mRNA expression in specific organs could be consistent with a protective role in foetal development, with highest expression seen when the foetus is most vulnerable to steroid excess (i.e.) early gestation. ..
- Li Hawkins J, Lund E, Turley S, Russell D. Disruption of the oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase gene in mice. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16536-42 pubmed..with a sexually dimorphic expression pattern, were constructed by the introduction of a null mutation at the Cyp7b1 locus...
- Wang Y, Karu K, Meljon A, Turton J, Yau J, Seckl J, et al. 24S,25-Epoxycholesterol in mouse and rat brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;449:229-34 pubmed publisher..By exploiting knockout mice for the enzyme oxysterol 7?-hydroxylase (Cyp7b1) we show that this enzymes is important for the subsequent metabolism of the 24S,25-epoxide.
- Schwarz M, Lund E, Lathe R, Bjorkhem I, Russell D. Identification and characterization of a mouse oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase cDNA. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:23995-4001 pubmed..Here, we show that a mouse hepatic oxysterol 7alpha-hydroxylase is encoded by Cyp7b1, a cytochrome P450 cDNA originally isolated from the hippocampus...
- Stapleton G, Steel M, Richardson M, Mason J, Rose K, Morris R, et al. A novel cytochrome P450 expressed primarily in brain. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:29739-45 pubmed
- Lorbek G, Lewinska M, Rozman D. Cytochrome P450s in the synthesis of cholesterol and bile acids--from mouse models to human diseases. FEBS J. 2012;279:1516-33 pubmed publisher..In line with this, Cyp7b1 knockouts are also apparently normal, whereas human CYP7B1 mutations lead to a congenital bile acid synthesis ..
- Umetani M, Ghosh P, Ishikawa T, Umetani J, Ahmed M, Mineo C, et al. The cholesterol metabolite 27-hydroxycholesterol promotes atherosclerosis via proinflammatory processes mediated by estrogen receptor alpha. Cell Metab. 2014;20:172-82 pubmed publisher..27-hydroxycholesterol (27HC) is an abundant oxysterol metabolized by CYP7B1. How 27HC impacts vascular health is unknown...
- Molyneaux B, Goff L, Brettler A, Chen H, Hrvatin S, Rinn J, et al. DeCoN: genome-wide analysis of in vivo transcriptional dynamics during pyramidal neuron fate selection in neocortex. Neuron. 2015;85:275-288 pubmed publisher..This multifaceted study generates a powerful resource and informs understanding of the transcriptional regulation underlying pyramidal neuron diversity in the neocortex. ..