Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp2b9
Description: cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily b, polypeptide 9
Alias: Cyp2b, cytochrome P450 2B9, 16alphaoh-a, CYPIIB9, cytochrome P450 clone PF26, cytochrome P450, 2b9, phenobarbitol inducible, type a, cytochrome P450-16-alpha, phenobarbitol inducible, type a, testosterone 16-alpha hydroxylase
- Lakso M, Masaki R, Noshiro M, Negishi M. Structures and characterization of sex-specific mouse cytochrome P-450 genes as members within a large family. Duplication boundary and evolution. Eur J Biochem. 1991;195:477-86 pubmed..All genes in that class contain the long ATTT repeat sequences in intron 1, which may have triggered a rapid gene conversion and/or stabilize the duplicated genes. ..
- Bösl M, Seldin M, Nishimura S, Taketo M. Cloning, structural analysis and mapping of the mouse selenocysteine tRNA([Ser]Sec) gene (Trsp). Mol Gen Genet. 1995;248:247-52 pubmed
- Honkakoski P, Kojo A, Lang M. Regulation of the mouse liver cytochrome P450 2B subfamily by sex hormones and phenobarbital. Biochem J. 1992;285 ( Pt 3):979-83 pubmed..The fact that P4502b-9 does not respond to phenobarbital, while P4502b-10 is regulated by both phenobarbital and sex hormones, demonstrates the complexity of P450 expression even within one subfamily. ..
- Damiri B, Holle E, Yu X, Baldwin W. Lentiviral-mediated RNAi knockdown yields a novel mouse model for studying Cyp2b function. Toxicol Sci. 2012;125:368-81 pubmed publisher..mouse using lentiviral-promoted short hairpin RNA (shRNA) homologous to all five murine Cyp2b subfamily members (Cyp2b9, 2b10, 2b13, 2b19, and 2b23)...
- Nemoto N, Sakurai J, Funae Y. Maintenance of phenobarbital-inducible Cyp2b gene expression in C57BL/6 mouse hepatocytes in primary culture as spheroids. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1995;316:362-9 pubmedExpression of the Cyp2b-9 and Cyp2b-10 genes was investigated in primary cultured adult C57BL/6NCrj mouse hepatocytes in monolayers or during the formation of spheroids (multicellular aggregates)...
- Damon M, Fautrel A, Guillouzo A, Corcos L. Genetic analysis of the phenobarbital regulation of the cytochrome P-450 2b-9 and aldehyde dehydrogenase type 2 mRNAs in mouse liver. Biochem J. 1996;317 ( Pt 2):481-6 pubmed..This study suggests that the genetic basis for phenobarbital induction in mice depends on the target gene, and that more than one regulatory step would by involved in this response pathway. ..
- Baur J, Pearson K, Price N, Jamieson H, Lerin C, Kalra A, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature. 2006;444:337-42 pubmed..These data show that improving general health in mammals using small molecules is an attainable goal, and point to new approaches for treating obesity-related disorders and diseases of ageing. ..
- Hashita T, Sakuma T, Akada M, Nakajima A, Yamahara H, Ito S, et al. Forkhead box A2-mediated regulation of female-predominant expression of the mouse Cyp2b9 gene. Drug Metab Dispos. 2008;36:1080-7 pubmed publisherThe regulation mechanism of female-predominant expression of the mouse Cyp2b9 gene was investigated in vivo and in vitro...
- Udomsuk L, Juengwatanatrakul T, Putalun W, Jarukamjorn K. Bimodal action of miroestrol and deoxymiroestrol, phytoestrogens from Pueraria candollei var. mirifica, on hepatic CYP2B9 and CYP1A2 expressions and antilipid peroxidation in mice. Nutr Res. 2012;32:45-51 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that miroestrol and deoxymiroestrol would induce CYP2B9 expression, whereas CYP1A2 expression would be suppressed compared with estradiol...
- Miles J, Moss J, Meehan R, Wolf C. Close linkage of the cytochrome P450IIA gene subfamily (Cyp2a) to Cyp2b and Coh on mouse chromosome 7. Genomics. 1990;7:445-8 pubmedThe cytochrome P450IIB gene subfamily (Cyp2b) has previously been mapped close to the Coh locus encoding a cytochrome P450 with coumarin 7-hydroxylase (COH) activity on mouse chromosome 7...
- Rudert F, Saunders A, Rebstock S, Thompson J, Zimmermann W. Characterization of murine carcinoembryonic antigen gene family members. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:262-73 pubmed..The more distantly related Cea-5 seems to be ubiquitously expressed. The putative promoter region of Cea-2 lacks typical TATA- or CAAT-boxes, but contains other conserved motifs that could play a role in the initiation of transcription. ..
- Wang H, Donley K, Keeney D, Hoffman S. Organization and evolution of the Cyp2 gene cluster on mouse chromosome 7, and comparison with the syntenic human cluster. Environ Health Perspect. 2003;111:1835-42 pubmed..The mouse cluster includes 22 loci from the same six CYP2 subfamilies--Cyp2a, Cyp2b, Cyp2f, Cyp2g, Cyp2s, Cyp2t--that are found in the human cluster...