Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp2a4
Description: cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily a, polypeptide 4
Alias: AI893559, Cyp15a1, D7Ucla4, cytochrome P450 2A4, CYPIIA4, cytochrome P450, 2a4, cytochrome P450-15-alpha, cytochrome P450-IIA3.1, testosterone 15-alpha-hydroxylase, testosterone 15alpha-hydroxylase
- Baur J, Pearson K, Price N, Jamieson H, Lerin C, Kalra A, et al. Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet. Nature. 2006;444:337-42 pubmed..These data show that improving general health in mammals using small molecules is an attainable goal, and point to new approaches for treating obesity-related disorders and diseases of ageing. ..
- Lavery D, Lopez Molina L, Margueron R, Fleury Olela F, Conquet F, Schibler U, et al. Circadian expression of the steroid 15 alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp2a4) and coumarin 7-hydroxylase (Cyp2a5) genes in mouse liver is regulated by the PAR leucine zipper transcription factor DBP. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6488-99 pubmed..Here, we report that the Cyp2a4 gene, encoding the cytochrome P450 steroid 15alpha-hydroxylase, is a novel circadian expression gene...
- Yokomori N, Kobayashi R, Moore R, Sueyoshi T, Negishi M. A DNA methylation site in the male-specific P450 (Cyp 2d-9) promoter and binding of the heteromeric transcription factor GABP. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5355-62 pubmed..We also conclude that GABP is a methylation-sensitive transcription factor and is a potential transcription activator of the male-specific Cyp 2d-9 promoter. ..
- Negishi M, Lindberg R, Burkhart B, Ichikawa T, Honkakoski P, Lang M. Mouse steroid 15 alpha-hydroxylase gene family: identification of type II P-450(15)alpha as coumarin 7-hydroxylase. Biochemistry. 1989;28:4169-72 pubmed
- Lindberg R, Negishi M. Alteration of mouse cytochrome P450coh substrate specificity by mutation of a single amino-acid residue. Nature. 1989;339:632-4 pubmed
- Lindberg R, Burkhart B, Ichikawa T, Negishi M. The structure and characterization of type I P-450(15) alpha gene as major steroid 15 alpha-hydroxylase and its comparison with type II P-450(15) alpha gene. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:6465-71 pubmed..The results indicated that Type I was the major steroid 15 alpha-hydroxylase. The differential 15 alpha OH-1 expression, therefore, determined the sexual dimorphism of the tissue-specific 15 alpha-hydroxylase activity in mice. ..
- Burkhart B, Harada N, Negishi M. Sexual dimorphism of testosterone 15 alpha-hydroxylase mRNA levels in mouse liver. cDNA cloning and regulation. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:15357-61 pubmed..Sexual dimorphism in hepatic testosterone 15 alpha-hydroxylase activity is shown to result from differential mRNA regulation in females and males. ..
- Teglund S, McKay C, Schuetz E, van Deursen J, Stravopodis D, Wang D, et al. Stat5a and Stat5b proteins have essential and nonessential, or redundant, roles in cytokine responses. Cell. 1998;93:841-50 pubmed..Conversely, the responses to a variety of cytokines that activate the Stat5 proteins, including erythropoietin, are largely unaffected. ..
- Burkhart B, Skow L, Negishi M. Two steroid 15 alpha-hydroxylase genes and a homologous gene family in mice. Gene. 1990;87:205-11 pubmed..Analysis of a restriction fragment length polymorphism in recombinant inbred mice shows a close linkage of 15 alpha oh-1 and 15 alpha oh-2 with the Coh locus. ..