Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp26c1
Description: cytochrome P450, family 26, subfamily c, polypeptide 1
- Makita T, Duncan S, Sucov H. Retinoic acid, hypoxia, and GATA factors cooperatively control the onset of fetal liver erythropoietin expression and erythropoietic differentiation. Dev Biol. 2005;280:59-72 pubmed..5 onward is enhancer-independent, and is driven instead by basal promoter elements that provide a sufficient level of expression to support further erythropoietic differentiation. ..
- MacLean G, Dolle P, Petkovich M. Genetic disruption of CYP26B1 severely affects development of neural crest derived head structures, but does not compromise hindbrain patterning. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:732-45 pubmed publisher..These data suggest different periods of sensitivity of anterior and posterior hindbrain neural crest derivatives to elevated levels of RA in the absence of CYP26B1. ..
- Tiboni G, Marotta F, Carletti E. Fluconazole alters CYP26 gene expression in mouse embryos. Reprod Toxicol. 2009;27:199-202 pubmed publisher..reaction (quantitative real-time RT-PCR) assay was used to quantify the mRNA expression of CYP26a1, CYP26b1 and CYP26c1 in embryos...
- Matt N, Schmidt C, Dupé V, Dennefeld C, Nau H, Chambon P, et al. Contribution of cellular retinol-binding protein type 1 to retinol metabolism during mouse development. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:167-76 pubmed..Therefore, CRBP1 is required in prenatal life to maintain normal amounts of ROL and to ensure its efficient storage but seems of secondary importance for RA synthesis, at least under conditions of maternal vitamin A sufficiency. ..
- Uehara M, Yashiro K, Takaoka K, Yamamoto M, Hamada H. Removal of maternal retinoic acid by embryonic CYP26 is required for correct Nodal expression during early embryonic patterning. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1689-98 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that maternal RA must be removed by embryonic CYP26 for correct Nodal expression during embryonic patterning. ..
- Alfano G, Conte I, Caramico T, Avellino R, Arnò B, Pizzo M, et al. Vax2 regulates retinoic acid distribution and cone opsin expression in the vertebrate eye. Development. 2011;138:261-71 pubmed publisher..In particular, we detected an expansion of the expression domains of the RA-catabolizing enzymes Cyp26a1 and Cyp26c1, and a downregulation of the RA-synthesizing enzyme Raldh3...
- Lee L, Leung C, Tang W, Choi H, Leung Y, McCaffery P, et al. A paradoxical teratogenic mechanism for retinoic acid. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13668-73 pubmed publisher..This previously undescribed and unsuspected mechanism provides insight into the molecular pathway of retinoic acid-induced teratogenesis. ..
- Billings S, Pierzchalski K, Butler Tjaden N, Pang X, Trainor P, KANE M, et al. The retinaldehyde reductase DHRS3 is essential for preventing the formation of excess retinoic acid during embryonic development. FASEB J. 2013;27:4877-89 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the reduction of retinaldehyde by DHRS3 is critical for preventing formation of excess ATRA during embryonic development...
- Li B, MATTESON P, Ababon M, Nato A, Lin Y, Nanda V, et al. The orphan GPCR, Gpr161, regulates the retinoic acid and canonical Wnt pathways during neurulation. Dev Biol. 2015;402:17-31 pubmed publisher..These results establish the RA and canonical Wnt as pathways downstream of Gpr161 during neurulation, and suggest that Modvl5(MOLF) bypasses the Gpr161(vl) mutation by restoring the activity of these pathways. ..
- Waters S, Lewandoski M. A threshold requirement for Gbx2 levels in hindbrain development. Development. 2006;133:1991-2000 pubmed..As a result of this transformation, the cerebellar midline fails to form. Thus, our studies demonstrate different threshold requirements for the level of Gbx2 gene product in different regions of the hindbrain. ..