Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ctnnbip1
Description: catenin beta interacting protein 1
Alias: 1110008O09Rik, 2310001I19Rik, AW457332, Catnbip1, Icat, beta-catenin-interacting protein 1, inhibitor of beta-catenin and Tcf-4
- Strom A, Bonal C, Ashery Padan R, Hashimoto N, Campos M, Trumpp A, et al. Unique mechanisms of growth regulation and tumor suppression upon Apc inactivation in the pancreas. Development. 2007;134:2719-25 pubmed..This provides new insights into the mechanisms of tumor pathogenesis and tumor suppression in the pancreas. ..
- Hasegawa Y, Iizuka Kogo A, Akiyama T, Senda T. High expression of Pitx-2 in the ICAT-deficient metanephros leads to developmental arrest. Acta Histochem Cytochem. 2010;43:51-9 pubmed publisherb>ICAT (Inhibitor of ?-catenin and T cell factor) inhibits the interaction between ?-catenin and TCF/LEF transcription factor and serves as a negative regulator of Wnt signaling...
- Campos M, Sánchez Arévalo Lobo V, Rodolosse A, Gottardi C, Mafficini A, Beghelli S, et al. ICAT is a novel Ptf1a interactor that regulates pancreatic acinar differentiation and displays altered expression in tumours. Biochem J. 2013;451:395-405 pubmed publisher..Using yeast two-hybrid screening, we identified ICAT (inhibitor of ?-catenin and Tcf4) as a novel Ptf1a interactor...
- Mu J, Pang Q, Guo Y, Chen J, Zeng W, Huang Y, et al. Functional implications of microRNA-215 in TGF-?1-induced phenotypic transition of mesangial cells by targeting CTNNBIP1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58622 pubmed publisher..Luciferase reporter assays were used to identify whether catenin-beta interacting protein 1 (CTNNBIP1) is a direct target of miR-215, which was predicted by bioinformatic analysis...
- Kanamori M, Sandy P, Marzinotto S, Benetti R, Kai C, Hayashizaki Y, et al. The PDZ protein tax-interacting protein-1 inhibits beta-catenin transcriptional activity and growth of colorectal cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38758-64 pubmed..These data suggest that TIP-1 may represent a novel regulatory element in the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. ..
- Perez V, Ali Z, Alastalo T, Ikeno F, Sawada H, Lai Y, et al. BMP promotes motility and represses growth of smooth muscle cells by activation of tandem Wnt pathways. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:171-88 pubmed publisher..We speculate that, in response to injury, factors that subvert BMP-2-mediated tandem activation of Wnt-?C and Wnt-PCP pathways contribute to obliterative vascular disease in both the systemic and pulmonary circulations. ..
- Shin J, Shin Y, Oh S, Yang H, Yu W, Lee J, et al. MiR-29b controls fetal mouse neurogenesis by regulating ICAT-mediated Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1473 pubmed publisher..accumulation in the nucleus, where it couples with T-cell factor (TCF), an association that is disrupted by ICAT (inhibitor of Î²-catenin and T cell factor)...