Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ctnna3
Description: catenin (cadherin associated protein), alpha 3
Alias: 4930429L08Rik, 4933408A16, Catna3, Vr22, catenin alpha-3, alpha T-catenin, alpha-catenin-like protein, cadherin-associated protein, ctnna3
- Mashimo T, Erven A, Spiden S, Guenet J, Steel K. Two quantitative trait loci affecting progressive hearing loss in 101/H mice. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:841-50 pubmed..Finally, we found some evidence of epistatic interaction between Phl1 and Phl2. ..
- Gavard J, Lambert M, Grosheva I, Marthiens V, Irinopoulou T, Riou J, et al. Lamellipodium extension and cadherin adhesion: two cell responses to cadherin activation relying on distinct signalling pathways. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:257-70 pubmed..These results provide additional information on the mechanisms by which cadherin coordinates adhesion with dynamic changes in the cytoskeleton to control cell shape and intercellular junction organization. ..
- Li J, Goossens S, van Hengel J, Gao E, Cheng L, Tyberghein K, et al. Loss of ?T-catenin alters the hybrid adhering junctions in the heart and leads to dilated cardiomyopathy and ventricular arrhythmia following acute ischemia. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1058-67 pubmed publisher..To investigate the role of ?T-catenin in the heart, gene targeting technology was used to delete the Ctnna3 gene, encoding ?T-catenin, in the mouse...
- Mazahery A, Suzuki K, Nagafuchi A, Miyajima M, Nakagata N, Orvis G, et al. Functional analysis of ectodermal ?-catenin during external genitalia formation. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2013;53:34-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?-catenin is shown to perform dual functions, initially as an adhesion molecule and later on as a possible transcription factor. ..
- Folmsbee S, Morales Nebreda L, van Hengel J, Tyberghein K, van Roy F, Budinger G, et al. The cardiac protein Î±T-catenin contributes to chemical-induced asthma. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015;308:L253-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Î±T-cat may contribute to asthma through a mechanism independent of inflammation and related to heart and pulmonary vein dysfunction. ..
- Goossens S, Janssens B, Bonne S, De Rycke R, Braet F, van Hengel J, et al. A unique and specific interaction between alphaT-catenin and plakophilin-2 in the area composita, the mixed-type junctional structure of cardiac intercalated discs. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2126-36 pubmed..This could explain the devastating effect of plakophilin-2 mutations on cell junction stability in intercalated discs, which lead to cardiac muscle malfunction. ..
- Oidovsambuu O, Nyamsuren G, Liu S, Göring W, Engel W, Adham I. Adhesion protein VSIG1 is required for the proper differentiation of glandular gastric epithelia. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25908 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that VSIG1 is required for the establishment of glandular versus squamous epithelia in the stomach. ..
- Janssens B, Goossens S, Staes K, Gilbert B, van Hengel J, Colpaert C, et al. alphaT-catenin: a novel tissue-specific beta-catenin-binding protein mediating strong cell-cell adhesion. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3177-88 pubmed..We propose that alphaT-catenin is necessary for the formation of stretch-resistant cell-cell adhesion complexes, in particular, muscle cells. ..