Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CtIP
Description: retinoblastoma binding protein 8, endonuclease
Alias: 9930104E21Rik, CtIP, RBBP-8, RIM, SAE2, DNA endonuclease RBBP8, ctBP-interacting protein, retinoblastoma binding protein 8, sporulation in the absence of SPO11 protein 2 homolog
- Patel A, Anderson J, Kraft D, Finnon R, Finnon P, Scudamore C, et al. The Influence of the CTIP Polymorphism, Q418P, on Homologous Recombination and Predisposition to Radiation-Induced Tumorigenesis (mainly rAML) in Mice. Radiat Res. 2016;186:638-649 pubmed publisher..to radiation-induced AML (rAML): C-terminal binding protein (CTBP)-interacting protein (CTIP)/retinoblastoma binding protein 8 (RBBP8)...
- Woodworth M, Greig L, Liu K, Ippolito G, Tucker H, Macklis J. Ctip1 Regulates the Balance between Specification of Distinct Projection Neuron Subtypes in Deep Cortical Layers. Cell Rep. 2016;15:999-1012 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Ctip1 couples subtype and area specification, enabling specific functional areas to organize precise ratios of appropriate output projections. ..
- Polato F, Callen E, Wong N, Faryabi R, Bunting S, Chen H, et al. CtIP-mediated resection is essential for viability and can operate independently of BRCA1. J Exp Med. 2014;211:1027-36 pubmed publisher..DNA ends into 3' ssDNA overhangs; helicases such as BLM, which unwind DNA; and other proteins such as BRCA1 and CtIP whose functions remain unclear...
- Badie S, Carlos A, Folio C, Okamoto K, Bouwman P, Jonkers J, et al. BRCA1 and CtIP promote alternative non-homologous end-joining at uncapped telomeres. EMBO J. 2015;34:410-24 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the tumour suppressor BRCA1, together with its interacting partner CtIP, both acting in end resection, also promotes end-joining of uncapped telomeres...
- Reczek C, Shakya R, Miteva Y, Szabolcs M, Ludwig T, Baer R. The DNA resection protein CtIP promotes mammary tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:32172-83 pubmed publisherMany DNA repair factors act to suppress tumor formation by preserving genomic stability. Similarly, the CtIP protein, which interacts with the BRCA1 tumor suppressor, is also thought to have tumor suppression activity...
- Gomez Cabello D, Checa Rodríguez C, Abad M, Serrano M, Huertas P. CtIP-Specific Roles during Cell Reprogramming Have Long-Term Consequences in the Survival and Fitness of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:432-445 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the resection factor CtIP is essential for cell reprogramming and establishment of iPSCs, probably to repair reprogramming-induced DNA damage...
- Liu F, Lee W. CtIP activates its own and cyclin D1 promoters via the E2F/RB pathway during G1/S progression. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3124-34 pubmed..Previously we showed that the presence of CtIP is essential for G(1)/S transition in primary mouse blastocysts, as well as in NIH 3T3 cells...
- Darakhshan F, Badie C, Moody J, Coster M, Finnon R, Finnon P, et al. Evidence for complex multigenic inheritance of radiation AML susceptibility in mice revealed using a surrogate phenotypic assay. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:311-8 pubmed..This study demonstrates the strength of utilizing surrogate endpoints of cancer susceptibility in the mapping of mouse loci and identifies additional loci that may affect radiation cancer risk. ..