Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cstf2
Description: cleavage stimulation factor, 3' pre-RNA subunit 2
Alias: C630034J23Rik, Cstf64, mir-3112, cleavage stimulation factor subunit 2, CF-1 64 kDa subunit, CSTF 64 kDa subunit, alphaCstF-64 variant 4, betaCstF-64 variant 1, betaCstF-64 variant 3, cleavage stimulation factor, 3' pre-RNA subunit 2, 64 kDa
- Martincic K, Alkan S, Cheatle A, Borghesi L, Milcarek C. Transcription elongation factor ELL2 directs immunoglobulin secretion in plasma cells by stimulating altered RNA processing. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:1102-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, loading of ELL2 and CstF-64 on RNA polymerase II was linked, caused enhanced use of the proximal poly(A) site and was necessary for processing of immunoglobulin heavy-chain mRNA. ..
- Yao C, Choi E, Weng L, Xie X, Wan J, Xing Y, et al. Overlapping and distinct functions of CstF64 and CstF64? in mammalian mRNA 3' processing. RNA. 2013;19:1781-90 pubmed publisher..However, the underlying mechanisms remain poorly understood. CstF64? is a paralog of the general mRNA 3' processing factor, CstF64, and has been implicated in mediating testis-..
- Youngblood B, Grozdanov P, MacDonald C. CstF-64 supports pluripotency and regulates cell cycle progression in embryonic stem cells through histone 3' end processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:8330-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CstF-64 plays a key role in modulating the cell cycle in ESCs while simultaneously controlling histone mRNA 3' end processing. ..
- Youngblood B, MacDonald C. CstF-64 is necessary for endoderm differentiation resulting in cardiomyocyte defects. Stem Cell Res. 2014;13:413-21 pubmed publisher..However, CstF-64 knockout (Cstf2(E6)) cells were able to differentiate into neuronal progenitors, demonstrating that some differentiation pathways ..
- Nazim M, Masuda A, Rahman M, Nasrin F, Takeda J, Ohe K, et al. Competitive regulation of alternative splicing and alternative polyadenylation by hnRNP H and CstF64 determines acetylcholinesterase isoforms. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:1455-1468 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, hnRNP H competes for binding of CstF64 to the overlapping binding sites in exon 5a, and suppresses the selection of a cryptic polyadenylation site (PAS), ..