Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Csk
Description: c-src tyrosine kinase
Alias: AW212630, C-Src kinase, p50CSK, protein-tyrosine kinase MPK-2, tyrosine-protein kinase CSK
- The role of c-Src in platelet-derived growth factor alpha receptor internalizationKirill Avrov
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Cell Res 291:426-34. 2003..Our findings suggest a role for SFKs in regulating the permissiveness for internalization of the alphaPDGFR...
- Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of T-cell activation by PAG/Cbp, a lipid raft-associated transmembrane adaptorDominique Davidson
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, IRCM, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Mol Cell Biol 23:2017-28. 2003..In resting human T cells, PAG is tyrosine phosphorylated and associated with Csk, an inhibitor of Src-related protein tyrosine kinases...
- The lipid raft-anchored adaptor protein Cbp controls the oncogenic potential of c-SrcChitose Oneyama
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell 30:426-36. 2008The tyrosine kinase c-Src is upregulated in various human cancers irrespective of its negative regulator Csk, but the regulatory mechanisms remain unclear...
- Constitutive activation of Src family kinases in mouse embryos that lack CskS Nada
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Cell 73:1125-35. 1993b>Csk is a novel cytoplasmic protein-tyrosine kinase that has been shown to inactivate members of the Src family of protein-tyrosine kinases in vitro...
- Activation of c-Src and Fyn kinases by protein-tyrosine phosphatase RPTPalpha is substrate-specific and compatible with lipid raft localizationNathalie Vacaresse
Biotech Research and Innovation Center, Copenhagen Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 283:35815-24. 2008..Finally, RPTPalpha-induced phosphorylation of Paxillin and Cbp/PAG induces recruitment of the SFK inhibitory kinase Csk, indicative of negative feedback loops limiting SFK activation by RPTPalpha...
- The Csk-binding protein PAG regulates PDGF-induced Src mitogenic signaling via GM1Laurence Veracini
Centre de Recherche en Biochimie Macromoléculare, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR5237, Universities of Montpellier I and II, 34293 Montpellier, France
J Cell Biol 182:603-14. 2008..member of the transmembrane adaptor protein family, is known to negatively regulate SFK signaling though binding to Csk. We report that PAG modulates PDGFR levels in caveolae and SFK mitogenic signaling through a Csk-independent ..
- Proteomic identification of ZO-1/2 as a novel scaffold for Src/Csk regulatory circuitKazunobu Saito
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:969-75. 2008..a proteomic analysis of tyrosine phosphorylated proteins that interact with c-Src and/or its negative regulator Csk. The c-Src interacting proteins were affinity-purified from Src transformed cells using the Src SH2 domain as a ..
- Cbp deficiency alters Csk localization in lipid rafts but does not affect T-cell developmentShengli Xu
Laboratory of Immunology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Lab 6 15, Proteos, Singapore 138673, Singapore
Mol Cell Biol 25:8486-95. 2005The ubiquitously expressed transmembrane adaptor Csk-binding protein (Cbp) recruits Csk to lipid rafts, where the latter exerts its negative regulatory effect on the Src family of protein tyrosine kinases...
- Csk-binding protein mediates sequential enzymatic down-regulation and degradation of Lyn in erythropoietin-stimulated cellsEvan Ingley
Cell Signalling Group, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Perth, WA 6000 Australia
J Biol Chem 281:31920-9. 2006..Src kinase-binding protein (Cbp), an adaptor protein that recruits negative regulators C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)/Csk-like protein-tyrosine kinase (Ctk)...
- Association of Csk to VE-cadherin and inhibition of cell proliferationUlf Baumeister
Institute of Cell Biology, ZMBE, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
EMBO J 24:1686-95. 2005..for proteins that could be involved in VE-cadherin signaling, we found the cytosolic C-terminal Src kinase (Csk), a negative regulator of Src family kinases...
- Csk controls antigen receptor-mediated development and selection of T-lineage cellsC Schmedt
Laboratory for Lymphocyte Signalling, University of Cologne, Germany
Nature 394:901-4. 1998..Here we show that the inactivation of the negative regulator of Src-family PTKs, carboxy-terminal Src kinase (Csk), in immature thymocytes abrogates the requirement for preTCR, alphabetaTCR and major histocompatibility complex (..
- Control of lymphopoiesis by p50csk, a regulatory protein tyrosine kinaseJ A Gross
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
J Exp Med 181:463-73. 1995..src-family kinases p56lck and p59fyn play pivotal roles during lymphocyte development, it seemed plausible that p50csk might contribute to these regulatory circuits...
- Disruption of the csk gene, encoding a negative regulator of Src family tyrosine kinases, leads to neural tube defects and embryonic lethality in miceA Imamoto
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Cell 73:1117-24. 1993..To analyze the significance of this regulation during development, we have generated mice deficient in Csk, a kinase that phosphorylates this tyrosine, by gene targeting in embryonic stem cells...
- Hepatocytes produce TNF-α following hypoxia-reoxygenation and liver ischemia-reperfusion in a NADPH oxidase- and c-Src-dependent mannerNetanya Y Spencer
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 305:G84-94. 2013..We conclude that c-Src and NADPH oxidase components are necessary for redox-mediated production of TNF-α following liver I/R and that hepatocytes play an important role in this process...
- Impaired social memories in 129P2 inbred mice are rescued by reduced Csk expressionL Sinai
Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Genes Brain Behav 11:559-67. 2012The C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) is an essential signaling factor guiding central nervous system (CNS) development...
- Identification of targets of c-Src tyrosine kinase by chemical complementation and phosphoproteomicsIsabel Martinez Ferrando
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:355-69. 2012....
- Differential polarization of C-terminal Src kinase between naive and antigen-experienced CD8+ T cellsJessica G Borger
Institute of Immunology and Infection Research, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, United Kingdom
J Immunol 190:3089-99. 2013..Ag-experienced CD8(+) T cells in colocalization of the SFKs and their negative regulator, C-terminal Src kinase (Csk)...
- Mammary epithelial-restricted expression of activated c-src rescues the block to mammary gland morphogenesis due to the deletion of the C-terminus of Patched-1Hong Chang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Dev Biol 370:187-97. 2012..These data reveal the cooperative interactions between signalling cascades involving c-src and Ptch1 and suggest that Hh-signalling may be permissive for c-src/Esr1-dependent mammary gland morphogenesis...
- Gab2 and Src co-operate in human mammary epithelial cells to promote growth factor independence and disruption of acinar morphogenesisH L Bennett
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Oncogene 27:2693-704. 2008..Overall, these findings demonstrate a novel mechanism whereby Gab2 may promote metastatic spread and indicate that Gab2 may play several roles during breast cancer progression...
- The tyrosine kinase activity of c-Src regulates actin dynamics and organization of podosomes in osteoclastsOlivier Destaing
Department of Orthopaedics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:394-404. 2008..Thus, Src is an essential regulator of podosome structure, dynamics and organization...
- Suppression of c-Src activity stimulates muscle differentiation via p38 MAPK activationMin Jin Lim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology BK21 project, Medical Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species and Biomedical Science Institute, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Arch Biochem Biophys 465:197-208. 2007..Concomitant inhibition of c-Src and p38 MAPK activities blocked muscle differentiation in both media. In conclusion, suppression of c-Src activity stimulates muscle differentiation by activating p38 MAPK uni-directionally...
- Endothelin-1, but not Ang II, activates MAP kinases through c-Src independent Ras-Raf dependent pathways in vascular smooth muscle cellsA Yogi
Kidney Research Centre, University of Ottawa Ottawa Health Research Institute, 451 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, KIH 8M5
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:1960-7. 2007..Here we sought to determine whether upstream regulators of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) are differentially regulated by ET-1 and Ang II focusing on the role of c-Src and the small GTPase Ras...
- Epidermal hyperplasia and papillomatosis in mice with a keratinocyte-restricted deletion of cskKazuhisa Honda
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopaedic Research Center ND20, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:2074-81. 2007..in vivo, we have generated a mouse model with a keratinocyte-restricted deletion of the SFK-negative regulator csk (Csk-K5 mice)...
- C-terminal Src kinase controls development and maintenance of mouse squamous epitheliaReiko Yagi
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
EMBO J 26:1234-44. 2007Carboxy-terminal Src kinase (Csk) is a negative regulator of Src family kinases, which play pivotal roles in controlling cell adhesion, migration, and cancer progression...
- A locus on mouse Chromosome 9 (Adip5) affects the relative weight of the gonadal but not retroperitoneal adipose depotAmanda H McDaniel
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mamm Genome 17:1078-92. 2006..with functional significance to the body fatness phenotype (Il18, Acat1, Cyp19a1, Crabp1, Man2c1, Neil1, Mpi1, Csk, Lsm16, Adpgk, Bbs4, Hexa, Thsd4, Dpp8, Anxa2, and Lipc)...
- Alveolar macrophages from septic mice promote polymorphonuclear leukocyte transendothelial migration via an endothelial cell Src kinase/NADPH oxidase pathwayZhanfei Wang
Critical Illness Research, Lawson Health Research Institute, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 181:8735-44. 2008..Collectively, our findings indicate that the PMN transendothelial migration induced by septic AMphi is dependent on the generation of superoxide in endothelial cells via the Src kinase/NADPH oxidase signaling pathway...
- Cbp recruitment of Csk into lipid rafts is critical to c-Src kinase activity and bone resorption in osteoclastsTakuma Matsubara
Department molecular and cellular biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 25:1068-76. 2010..To address this, we first examined the expression levels and subcellular localization of Csk, a negative regulatory kinase for c-Src...
- Functional dissection of transformation by c-Src and v-SrcChitose Oneyama
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute of Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Genes Cells 13:1-12. 2008..To verify the role of c-Src, we analyzed the transforming ability of c-Src in mouse embryonic fibroblasts that lack Csk, a negative regulator of Src family kinases...
- Ablation of Csk in neural crest lineages causes corneal anomaly by deregulating collagen fibril organization and cell motilityAtsuko Takatsuka
Department of Oncogene Research, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 315:474-88. 2008..To verify their in vivo roles during development, we generated mutant mice in which Csk, a negative regulator of SFKs, was inactivated in neural crest lineages using the Protein zero promoter in a Cre-..
- Chemical genetics identifies c-Src as an activator of primitive ectoderm formation in murine embryonic stem cellsMalcolm A Meyn
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2536, USA
Sci Signal 2:ra64. 2009..These results show that distinct SFK signaling pathways regulate mES cell fate and demonstrate that the formation of primitive ectoderm is regulated by the activity of c-Src...
- Identification of c-Src tyrosine kinase substrates in platelet-derived growth factor receptor signalingRamars Amanchy
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Departments of Biological Chemistry, Oncology and Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Oncol 3:439-50. 2009..In validation experiments, we demonstrated that PDGF indeed induced the phosphorylation of a subset of candidate Src-family kinase substrates - Calpain 2, Eps15 and Trim28 - in a c-Src-dependent fashion...
- The C-terminal Src inhibitory kinase (Csk)-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation is a novel molecular mechanism to limit P2X3 receptor function in mouse sensory neuronsMarianna D'Arco
Neurobiology Sector and Italian Institute of Technology Unit, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, 34014 Trieste, Italy
J Biol Chem 284:21393-401. 2009..In view of the structural modeling between the Src region phosphorylated by the C-terminal Src inhibitory kinase (Csk) and the intracellular C terminus domain of the P2X(3) receptor, we investigated how Csk might regulate receptor ..
- The tyrosine kinase c-Src enhances RIG-I (retinoic acid-inducible gene I)-elicited antiviral signalingIngvild B Johnsen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s and Women s Health, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim N 7006, Norway
J Biol Chem 284:19122-31. 2009..The interaction between c-Src and TRAF3 was found to occur within the RING domain of TRAF3. Taken together, our results suggest that c-Src enhances RIG-I-mediated signaling, acting at the level of TRAF3...
- Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase is regulated through c-Src-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation in endothelial cellsShi Pan
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:895-901. 2009..Because tyrosine phosphorylation is a key regulatory pathway for VEGF-mediated endothelial cell (EC) responses, we investigated tyrosine phosphorylation of G6PD and the role of the nonreceptor tyrosine kinase Src...
- Modulation of Src activity by low molecular weight protein tyrosine phosphatase during osteoblast differentiationWillian F Zambuzzi
Department of Biochemistry, Laboratory of Bioassays and Signal Transduction, Institute of Biology, University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Cell Physiol Biochem 22:497-506. 2008..In this work, we examined the expression and activity of Src and low molecular weight protein tyrosine phosphatase (LMWPTP) during osteoblast differentiation and assessed the modulation of Src kinase by LMWPTP...
- CD45-Csk phosphatase-kinase titration uncouples basal and inducible T cell receptor signaling during thymic developmentJulie Zikherman
Division of Rheumatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Immunity 32:342-54. 2010The kinase-phosphatase pair Csk and CD45 reciprocally regulate phosphorylation of the inhibitory tyrosine of the Src family kinases Lck and Fyn...
- Oncogenic Ras/Src cooperativity in pancreatic neoplasiaD J Shields
Department of Pathology, Moore s UCSD Cancer Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Oncogene 30:2123-34. 2011..demonstrate that in the context of oncogenic Kras, activation of c-Src through deletion of C-terminal Src kinase (CSK) results in the development of invasive pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDA) by 5-8 weeks...
- Cooperative role of caveolin-1 and C-terminal Src kinase binding protein in C-terminal Src kinase-mediated negative regulation of c-SrcAaron T Place
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mol Pharmacol 80:665-72. 2011In the present study, we assessed the cooperative roles of C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) binding protein (Cbp) and Caveolin-1 (Cav-1) in the mechanism of Src family tyrosine kinase (SFK) inhibition by Csk...
- Phosphoprotein associated with glycosphingolipid-enriched microdomains differentially modulates SRC kinase activity in brain maturationSabine Lindquist
Department of Neurology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e23978. 2011..We show here that the phosphoprotein associated with glycosphigolipid-enriched microdomains (PAG)/Csk binding protein (Cbp) modulates SFK activity in the brain...
- Phospholipase Cgamma2 modulates integrin signaling in the osteoclast by affecting the localization and activation of Src kinaseHolly Epple
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, 660 South Euclid, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:3610-22. 2008..Based on these results, we propose that PLCgamma2 influences Src activation by mediating the localization of Src to the integrin complex and thereby regulating integrin-mediated functions in the osteoclast...
- Metalloproteinase/Presenilin1 processing of ephrinB regulates EphB-induced Src phosphorylation and signalingAnastasios Georgakopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYU, New York, NY 10029, USA
EMBO J 25:1242-52. 2006..This peptide binds Src and inhibits its association with inhibitory kinase Csk, allowing autophosphorylation of Src at residue tyr418...
- Role of tyrosine kinase Csk in G protein-coupled receptor- and receptor tyrosine kinase-induced fibroblast cell migrationDeirdre McGarrigle
Department of Physiology, Cornell University Weill Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 281:10583-8. 2006Tyrosine kinase Csk is essential for mouse embryonic development. Csk knock-out mice died at early stages of embryogenesis (around embryonic day 10). The molecular mechanism for this defect is not completely understood...
- Dual roles of the C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) during developmental vascularizationLi Juan Duan
Center for Vascular Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030 3501, USA
Blood 103:1370-2. 2004Here we report that C-terminal Src kinase (Csk), a tyrosine kinase that negatively regulates the activity of Src and related kinases, is important for vascular development...
- S-nitrosylation at cysteine 498 of c-Src tyrosine kinase regulates nitric oxide-mediated cell invasionMohammad Aminur Rahman
From the Division of Cancer Biology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:3806-14. 2010..These results identify a novel signaling pathway that links NO and Src family kinases to cancer cell invasion and metastasis...
- Effects of src-deficiency on the expression of in vivo toxicity of TCDD in a strain of c-src knockout mice procured through six generations of backcrossings to C57BL/6 miceDebra Y Dunlap
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Toxicology 172:125-41. 2002..These findings suggest that the absence of c-src expression indeed affects the development of selected, TCDD-induced toxic endpoints that are related to wasting syndrome...
- Autonomous maturation of alpha/beta T lineage cells in the absence of COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk)C Schmedt
Laboratory for Lymphocyte Signaling, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Exp Med 193:815-26. 2001The deletion of COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk), a negative regulator of Src family protein tyrosine kinases (PTKs), in immature thymocytes results in the development of alpha/beta T lineage cells in T cell receptor (TCR) beta-deficient ..
- A major determinant quantitative-trait locus responsible for atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice is located on Chromosome 9Y Kohara
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Japan
Immunogenetics 53:15-21. 2001..These candidates are Thy1, Cd3d, Cd3e, Cd3g, Il10ra, 1118, and Csk, all of which could be involved in allergic responses through effects on T-cell function...
- Identification and chromosomal localization of Atm, the mouse homolog of the ataxia-telangiectasia geneI Pecker
Department of Human Genetics, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, 69978, Israel
Genomics 35:39-45. 1996..Fluorescence in situ hybridization and linkage analysis located the Atm gene on mouse chromosome 9, band 9C, in a region homologous to the ATM region on human chromosome 11q22-q23...
- Death-associated protein kinase 2 is a new calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase that signals apoptosis through its catalytic activityT Kawai
Department of Biochemistry, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
Oncogene 18:3471-80. 1999..These results indicate that DAPK2 is an additional member of DAP kinase family involved in apoptotic signaling...
- Association of inhibitory tyrosine protein kinase p50csk with protein tyrosine phosphatase PEP in T cells and other hemopoietic cellsJ F Cloutier
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
EMBO J 15:4909-18. 1996b>p50csk is a tyrosine protein kinase (TPK) that represses the activity of Src family TPKs...
- Mouse nicotinamide N-methyltransferase gene: molecular cloning, structural characterization, and chromosomal localizationL Yan
Department of Pharmacology, Mayo Medical School Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
DNA Cell Biol 17:659-67. 1998..Cloning and structural characterization of the mouse Nnmt gene will make it possible to study molecular genetic mechanisms involved in the expression of this important methyltransferase...
- The cut-homeodomain transcriptional activator HNF-6 is coexpressed with its target gene HNF-3 beta in the developing murine liver and pancreasF Rausa
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612 7334, USA
Dev Biol 192:228-46. 1997..We discuss these expression patterns with respect to specification of hepatocytes and differentiation of the endocrine and exocrine pancreas...
- Role of Csk in neural differentiation of the embryonic carcinoma cell line P19Y Takayama
Division of Protein Metabolism, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
FEBS Lett 406:11-6. 1997To examine the neural function of Csk (C-terminal Src kinase), a membrane-targeted form of Csk (Src/Csk) and its kinase-defective variant (DK-Src/Csk) were expressed in the embryonic carcinoma cell line P19...
- The adapter protein Grb10 associates preferentially with the insulin receptor as compared with the IGF-I receptor in mouse fibroblastsL Laviola
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 99:830-7. 1997..In conclusion, Grb10 interacts preferentially with insulin vs. IGF-I receptors in intact cells and, thus, may have a role in mediating insulin receptor-specific cellular responses...
- Two distinct protein isoforms are encoded by ntk, a csk-related tyrosine protein kinase geneL M Chow
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Oncogene 9:3437-48. 1994Recently, we and others have cloned cDNAs encoding a second member of the Csk family of inhibitory tyrosine protein kinases, which we have termed Ntk...
- Mutation of csk, encoding the C-terminal Src kinase, reduces Pseudomonas aeruginosa internalization by mammalian cells and enhances bacterial cytotoxicityDavid J Evans
Morton D Sarver Laboratory for Cornea and Contact Lens Research, School of Optometry, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Microb Pathog 33:135-43. 2002..aeruginosa invasion. Using fibroblasts homozygous for mutation of csk (-/-), we tested the hypothesis that mutation of csk, encoding a negative regulator of Src-family tyrosine kinases, ..
- Ctk: a protein-tyrosine kinase related to Csk that defines an enzyme familyS Klages
Department of Molecular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, NJ 08543
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:2597-601. 1994We used the polymerase chain reaction with degenerate oligonucleotide primers to search for Csk-related kinases...
- Identification of Dll1 (Delta1) target genes during mouse embryogenesis using differential expression profilingC Machka
Institute of Experimental Genetics, GSF National Research Center, Ingolstadter Landstr 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 6:94-101. 2005..The large set of regulated genes identified in this differential expression profiling approach is an important resource for further functional studies...
- Identification of major tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins in Csk-deficient cellsS Nada
Division of Protein Metabolism, Osaka University, Japan
Oncogene 9:3571-8. 1994b>Csk is a non-receptor protein-tyrosine kinase that acts as a negative regulator of Src family tyrosine kinases. Csk-deficient mouse embryos exhibited developmental defects including inability to turn and impaired formation of neural tube...
- Expression of p50 C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) in mouse testisM C Gye
Department of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Arch Androl 50:287-93. 2004C-terminal Src Kinase (Csk) is a cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase that phosphorylates a critical tyrosine residue in each of the Src family kinases to inhibit their activities...
- The nonreceptor protein-tyrosine kinase CSK complexes directly with the GTPase-activating protein-associated p62 protein in cells expressing v-Src or activated c-SrcK Neet
Graduate Program in Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:4908-20. 1995b>CSK is a predominantly cytosolic protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK) that negatively regulates Src family PTKs by phosphorylation of a conserved tyrosine near their C termini. Little is known about how CSK itself is regulated...
- Quantitative trait Loci specifying the response of body temperature to dietary restrictionBrad A Rikke
Institute for Behavioral Genetics, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:118-25. 2004..Importantly, the genes underlying such QTLs would be causal factors affecting these responses and could be identified by positional cloning...
- Oxidative stress activates both Src-kinases and their negative regulator Csk and induces phosphorylation of two targeting proteins for Csk: caveolin-1 and paxillinHaiming Cao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Exp Cell Res 294:159-71. 2004b>Csk negatively regulates Src family kinases (SFKs). In lymphocytes, Csk is constitutively active, and is transiently inactivated in response to extracellular stimuli, allowing activation of SFKs...
- C-terminal SRC kinase controls acute inflammation and granulocyte adhesionRichard M Thomas
University College London, Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, The Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4JF, United Kingdom
Immunity 20:181-91. 2004To establish whether the widely expressed regulator of Src family kinases Csk contributes to the control of acute inflammation in vivo, we inactivated csk in granulocytes by conditional mutagenesis (Cre/loxP)...
- Specific and redundant roles of Src and Fyn in organizing the cytoskeletonS M Thomas
Division of Molecular Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Nature 376:267-71. 1995Mouse embryos lacking Csk, a negative regulator of Src family kinases, exhibit defects in neurulation and die at mid-gestation...
- C-terminal Src kinase (CSK) modulates insulin-like growth factor-I signaling through Src in 3T3-L1 differentiationHiroko Sekimoto
Department of Pediatrics, Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Endocrinology 144:2546-52. 2003..C-terminal Src kinase (CSK), a ubiquitously expressed nonreceptor tyrosine kinase, negatively regulates the Src family kinases by ..
- Csk regulates integrin-mediated signals: involvement of differential activation of ERK and AktJianguo Gu
Division of Protein Chemistry, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:973-7. 2003b>Csk phosphorylates Src family tyrosine kinases and down-regulates their activities in vitro and in vivo...
- Non-receptor tyrosine kinases in mammalian neurogenesisS Aizawa
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology Tsukuba Life Science Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Princess Takamatsu Symp 24:323-37. 1994..We earlier isolated a new cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase, Csk, and showed that it inactivates uniquely all members of non-receptor tyrosine kinases in vitro...
- Ntk: a Csk-related protein-tyrosine kinase expressed in brain and T lymphocytesL M Chow
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:4975-9. 1994..phosphorylation of a conserved carboxyl-terminal tyrosine by another cytoplasmic protein-tyrosine kinase termed p50csk. In this study, we characterize Ntk, a protein-tyrosine kinase bearing striking similarities to p50csk...
- SRC family kinases are required for limb trajectory selection by spinal motor axonsTzu Jen Kao
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Neurosci 29:5690-700. 2009..Inhibition of SFK activity by C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) overexpression in chick LMC axons using in ovo electroporation resulted in LMC axons selecting the inappropriate ..
- An Eph-related receptor protein tyrosine kinase gene segmentally expressed in the developing mouse hindbrainP Gilardi-Hebenstreit
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA 1302, Paris, France
Oncogene 7:2499-506. 1992..These data are consistent with a role of the Sek gene product in a signal transduction process involved in pattern formation in the hindbrain...
- A deletion in a photoreceptor-specific nuclear receptor mRNA causes retinal degeneration in the rd7 mouseN B Akhmedov
Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7000, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:5551-6. 2000..Our findings demonstrate that mPNR expression is critical for the normal development and function of the photoreceptor cells...
- Csk, a critical link of g protein signals to actin cytoskeletal reorganizationWilliam E Lowry
Department of Physiology, Cornell University, Weill Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Dev Cell 2:733-44. 2002..Here we report that, in tyrosine kinase Csk-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblast cells, G protein (Gbetagamma, Galpha(12), Galpha(13), and Galpha(q))-induced, ..
- Csk mediates G-protein-coupled lysophosphatidic acid receptor-induced inhibition of membrane-bound guanylyl cyclase activityK S Madhusoodanan
Department of Physiology, Cornell University, Weill Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biochemistry 45:3396-403. 2006..Here we report that the nonreceptor-tyrosine-kinase Csk is an essential component of the intracellular modulation of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP)-stimulated activation ..
- Modulation of TLR signalling by the C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) in macrophagesDaisuke Aki
Division of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Genes Cells 10:357-68. 2005..Among these proteins, we characterized C-terminal Src kinase (Csk), which negatively regulates Src-like kinases in RAW 264.7 cells using RNAi knockdown technology...
- A transmembrane osteoclastic protein-tyrosine phosphatase regulates osteoclast activity in part by promoting osteoclast survival through c-Src-dependent activation of NFkappaB and JNK2Mehran Amoui
The Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis Memorial VA Medical Center, 11201 Benton Street, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 463:47-59. 2007..In conclusion, PTP-oc activates osteoclast activity in part by promoting osteoclast survival through the PTP-oc-mediated c-Src-dependent activation of NFkappaB and JNK2...
- Cutting edge: Fyn is essential for tyrosine phosphorylation of Csk-binding protein/phosphoprotein associated with glycolipid-enriched microdomains in lipid rafts in resting T cellsKoubun Yasuda
Department of Oncogenesis, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 169:2813-7. 2002In resting T cells, Csk is constitutively localized in lipid rafts by virtue of interaction with a phosphorylated adaptor protein, Csk-binding protein (Cbp)/phosphoprotein associated with glycolipid-enriched microdomains, and sets an ..
- The c-src tyrosine kinase (CSK) gene, a potential antioncogene, localizes to human chromosome region 15q23----q25E Armstrong
Department of Virology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Cytogenet Cell Genet 60:119-20. 1992We have previously reported the cloning of a novel cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase, CSK. This tyrosine kinase has been shown to downregulate the tyrosine kinase activity of the c-src oncoprotein through tyrosine phosphorylation of the c-src ..
- Bcl-2 & Branching MorphogenesisChristine Sorenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, understanding the normal functions of bcl-2 during nephrogenesis and the consequences of its interaction with paxillin will give us important insight into kidney morphogenesis and pathogenesis. ..
- Regulation of Tumor Cell Differentiation by Src KinasesMALCOLM MEYN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding these pathways can aid in the design of novel therapeutic agents with the hope of expanding this type of therapy to new types of cancer. ..