Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Csf3r
Description: colony stimulating factor 3 receptor (granulocyte)
Alias: Cd114, Csfgr, G-CSF-R, G-CSFR, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor, G-CSF receptor
- Fukunaga R, Ishizaka Ikeda E, Seto Y, Nagata S. Expression cloning of a receptor for murine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Cell. 1990;61:341-50 pubmed..A 3.7 kb mRNA coding for the G-CSF receptor could be detected in mouse myeloid leukemia NFS-60 and WEHI-3B D+ cells as well as in bone marrow cells. ..
- Semerad C, Christopher M, Liu F, Short B, Simmons P, Winkler I, et al. G-CSF potently inhibits osteoblast activity and CXCL12 mRNA expression in the bone marrow. Blood. 2005;106:3020-7 pubmed..The consequent attenuation of CXCR4 signaling ultimately leads to HPC mobilization. ..
- Semerad C, Liu F, Gregory A, Stumpf K, Link D. G-CSF is an essential regulator of neutrophil trafficking from the bone marrow to the blood. Immunity. 2002;17:413-23 pubmed..Evidence is provided suggesting that downregulation of stromal cell-derived factor 1 expression in the bone marrow may represent such a signal. ..
- Shimoji K, Yuasa S, Onizuka T, Hattori F, Tanaka T, Hara M, et al. G-CSF promotes the proliferation of developing cardiomyocytes in vivo and in derivation from ESCs and iPSCs. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;6:227-37 pubmed publisher..In contrast, approximately 50% of csf3r(-/-) mice died during late embryogenesis because of the thinning of atrioventricular walls...
- Yang F, Tsuji K, Oda A, Ebihara Y, Xu M, Kaneko A, et al. Differential effects of human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (hG-CSF) and thrombopoietin on megakaryopoiesis and platelet function in hG-CSF receptor-transgenic mice. Blood. 1999;94:950-8 pubmed..Specific signals may be required for the full maturation and activation of platelets. ..
- Bonig H, Chudziak D, Priestley G, Papayannopoulou T. Insights into the biology of mobilized hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells through innovative treatment schedules of the CXCR4 antagonist AMD3100. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:402-15.e1 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that [AMDi] is an efficacious mobilization scheme fully supporting transplantation demands and expands previous knowledge about properties and size of AMD3100-sensitive BM-HSPC pools. ..
- Capoccia B, Shepherd R, Link D. G-CSF and AMD3100 mobilize monocytes into the blood that stimulate angiogenesis in vivo through a paracrine mechanism. Blood. 2006;108:2438-45 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that monocytes mobilized into the blood by G-CSF or AMD3100 stimulate angiogenesis at sites of ischemia through a paracrine mechanism. ..
- Blaisdell A, Crequer A, Columbus D, Daikoku T, Mittal K, Dey S, et al. Neutrophils Oppose Uterine Epithelial Carcinogenesis via Debridement of Hypoxic Tumor Cells. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:785-799 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into tumor-associated PMNs and reveal a context-specific capacity for PMNs to directly combat tumorigenesis. ..
- Ito Y, Seto Y, Brannan C, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Fukunaga R, et al. Structural analysis of the functional gene and pseudogene encoding the murine granulocyte colony-stimulating-factor receptor. Eur J Biochem. 1994;220:881-91 pubmed..This GCSFR-encoding functional gene (Csfgr) was localized to the distal region of murine chromosome 4 by interspecific backcross mapping...
- Broz M, Binnewies M, Boldajipour B, Nelson A, Pollack J, Erle D, et al. Dissecting the tumor myeloid compartment reveals rare activating antigen-presenting cells critical for T cell immunity. Cancer Cell. 2014;26:638-52 pubmed publisher..This cell type presents opportunities for prognostic and therapeutic approaches across multiple cancer types. ..
- Hermans M, Antonissen C, Ward A, Mayen A, Ploemacher R, Touw I. Sustained receptor activation and hyperproliferation in response to granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) in mice with a severe congenital neutropenia/acute myeloid leukemia-derived mutation in the G-CSF receptor gene. J Exp Med. 1999;189:683-92 pubmed
- Rao M, Supakorndej T, Schmidt A, Link D. Osteoclasts are dispensable for hematopoietic progenitor mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in mice. Exp Hematol. 2015;43:110-4.e1-2 pubmed publisher..We generated Rank(-/-) fetal liver chimeras using Csf3r(-/-) recipients to produce mice lacking G-CSF receptor expression in osteoclasts...
- Hayashiji N, Yuasa S, Miyagoe Suzuki Y, Hara M, Ito N, Hashimoto H, et al. G-CSF supports long-term muscle regeneration in mouse models of muscular dystrophy. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6745 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the G-CSF-G-CSFR axis is fundamentally important for long-term muscle regeneration, functional maintenance and lifespan extension in mouse models of DMD with varying severities. ..
- Lee M, McCubbin J, Christensen A, Poole D, Rajasekhar P, Lieu T, et al. G-CSF Receptor Blockade Ameliorates Arthritic Pain and Disease. J Immunol. 2017;198:3565-3575 pubmed publisher..Correspondingly, dorsal root ganglion neurons cultured in G-CSF failed to respond to G-CSF in vitro, and Csf3r gene expression could not be detected in dorsal root ganglion neurons by single-cell RT-PCR...
- Araujo L, Puel A, Gouarin C, Hameg A, Mevel J, Koezuka Y, et al. NKT lymphocyte ontogeny and function are impaired in low antibody-producer Biozzi mice: gene mapping in the interval-specific congenic strains raised for immunomodulatory genes. Int Immunol. 2000;12:1613-22 pubmed..This result strongly suggests the presence of gene(s) modulating NKT function on chromosome 4, close to several genes predisposing to autoimmunity. ..
- Souza L, Silva E, Calloway E, Cabrera C, McLemore M. G-CSF activation of AKT is not sufficient to prolong neutrophil survival. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:883-93 pubmed publisher..Whereas basal AKT levels may be required for the brief life of neutrophils, further p-AKT expression is not able to extend the neutrophil lifespan in the presence of G-CSF. ..
- Yoder M, Hiatt K, Dutt P, Mukherjee P, Bodine D, Orlic D. Characterization of definitive lymphohematopoietic stem cells in the day 9 murine yolk sac. Immunity. 1997;7:335-44 pubmed..Surprisingly, 37-fold more CD34+c-Kit+ cells reside in the day 9 yolk sac than in the P-Sp. In sum, definitive HSC are coexistent, but not equal in number, in the murine yolk sac and P-Sp prior to fetal liver colonization. ..
- Gregory A, Capoccia B, Woloszynek J, Link D. Systemic levels of G-CSF and interleukin-6 determine the angiogenic potential of bone marrow resident monocytes. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;88:123-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show that G-CSF and IL-6 provide signals that determine the angiogenic potential of BM resident monocytes. ..
- Martins A, Spanton S, Sheikh H, Kim S. The anti-inflammatory role of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in macrophage-dendritic cell crosstalk after Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 exposure. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:907-15 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that G-CSF modulates the IL-12/23 p40 response of DCs in the context of the probiotic GR-1 through M?-DC crosstalk. ..
- Takahashi T, Tanaka M, Ogasawara J, Suda T, Murakami H, Nagata S. Swapping between Fas and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:17555-60 pubmed
- Zhuang D, Qiu Y, Haque S, Dong F. Tyrosine 729 of the G-CSF receptor controls the duration of receptor signaling: involvement of SOCS3 and SOCS1. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:1008-15 pubmed
- Pan H, Shively J. Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule-1 regulates granulopoiesis by inhibition of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor. Immunity. 2010;33:620-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, CEACAM1 acted as a coinhibitory receptor for G-CSFR regulating granulopoiesis and host innate immune response to bacterial infections. ..
- Maki K, Yamagata T, Asai T, Yamazaki I, Oda H, Hirai H, et al. Dysplastic definitive hematopoiesis in AML1/EVI1 knock-in embryos. Blood. 2005;106:2147-55 pubmed..Maintained expression of PU.1 gene and decreased expression of LMO2 and SCL genes may explain the aberrant hematopoiesis in AML1/EVI1/+ fetal liver. ..
- van de Geijn G, Gits J, Aarts L, Heijmans Antonissen C, Touw I. G-CSF receptor truncations found in SCN/AML relieve SOCS3-controlled inhibition of STAT5 but leave suppression of STAT3 intact. Blood. 2004;104:667-74 pubmed
- McClanahan T, Dalrymple S, Barkett M, Lee F. Hematopoietic growth factor receptor genes as markers of lineage commitment during in vitro development of hematopoietic cells. Blood. 1993;81:2903-15 pubmed..The defined temporal order for the expression of these genes suggests that they may be useful as markers for multiple stages in the development of different hematopoietic cell lineages during embryogenesis. ..
- Grenda D, Johnson S, Mayer J, McLemore M, Benson K, Horwitz M, et al. Mice expressing a neutrophil elastase mutation derived from patients with severe congenital neutropenia have normal granulopoiesis. Blood. 2002;100:3221-8 pubmed..To date, no cases of leukemia have been detected. Collectively, these data suggest that expression of V72M NE is not sufficient to induce an SCN phenotype or leukemia in mice. ..
- Havelková H, Badalova J, Demant P, Lipoldova M. A new type of genetic regulation of allogeneic response. A novel locus on mouse chromosome 4, Alan2 controls MLC reactivity to three different alloantigens: C57BL/10, BALB/c and CBA. Genes Immun. 2000;1:483-7 pubmed
- Christopher M, Rao M, Liu F, Woloszynek J, Link D. Expression of the G-CSF receptor in monocytic cells is sufficient to mediate hematopoietic progenitor mobilization by G-CSF in mice. J Exp Med. 2011;208:251-60 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest a model in which G-CSFR signals in bone marrow monocytic cells inhibit the production of trophic factors required for osteoblast lineage cell maintenance, ultimately leading to HSPC mobilization. ..
- Delassus S, Titley I, Enver T. Functional and molecular analysis of hematopoietic progenitors derived from the aorta-gonad-mesonephros region of the mouse embryo. Blood. 1999;94:1495-503 pubmed
- Lochab S, Pal P, Kapoor I, Kanaujiya J, Sanyal S, Behre G, et al. E3 ubiquitin ligase Fbw7 negatively regulates granulocytic differentiation by targeting G-CSFR for degradation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:2639-2652 pubmed publisherTight control between activation and attenuation of granulocyte colony stimulating factor receptor (G-CSFR) signaling is essential to regulate survival, proliferation and differentiation of myeloid progenitor cells...
- Hermans M, van de Geijn G, Antonissen C, Gits J, van Leeuwen D, Ward A, et al. Signaling mechanisms coupled to tyrosines in the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor orchestrate G-CSF-induced expansion of myeloid progenitor cells. Blood. 2003;101:2584-90 pubmed..These findings suggest that tyrosines in the cytoplasmic domain of G-CSF-R, although dispensable for G-CSF-induced colony growth, recruit signaling mechanisms that regulate the maintenance and outgrowth of myeloid progenitor cells...
- Ivakine E, Fox C, Paterson A, Mortin Toth S, Canty A, Walton D, et al. Sex-specific effect of insulin-dependent diabetes 4 on regulation of diabetes pathogenesis in the nonobese diabetic mouse. J Immunol. 2005;174:7129-40 pubmed..Additional studies will be required to address the question of whether a sex-specific effect of Idd4, observed in this study, is also present in the spontaneous model of the disease with striking female bias. ..
- Zhang D, Zhang P, Wang N, Hetherington C, Darlington G, Tenen D. Absence of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor signaling and neutrophil development in CCAAT enhancer binding protein alpha-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:569-74 pubmed..In addition, the c/ebp alpha -/- mice may be useful in understanding the mechanisms involved in acute myelogenous leukemia, in which a block in differentiation of myeloid precursors is a key feature of the disease. ..
- Link D. Mechanisms of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-induced hematopoietic progenitor-cell mobilization. Semin Hematol. 2000;37:25-32 pubmed
- Sweeney E, Lortat Jacob H, Priestley G, Nakamoto B, Papayannopoulou T. Sulfated polysaccharides increase plasma levels of SDF-1 in monkeys and mice: involvement in mobilization of stem/progenitor cells. Blood. 2002;99:44-51 pubmed..The study further underscores the importance of the biological roles of carbohydrates. ..
- Mitsui T, Watanabe S, Taniguchi Y, Hanada S, Ebihara Y, Sato T, et al. Impaired neutrophil maturation in truncated murine G-CSF receptor-transgenic mice. Blood. 2003;101:2990-5 pubmed..In addition, clonal culture of bone marrow cells of the truncated G-CSFR Tg mice showed the hypersensitivity to G-CSF in myeloid progenitors. Our Tg mice may be useful in the analysis of the role of truncated G-CSFR in SCN pathobiology. ..
- Streeter P, Dudley L, Fleming W. Activation of the G-CSF and Flt-3 receptors protects hematopoietic stem cells from lethal irradiation. Exp Hematol. 2003;31:1119-25 pubmed..These results demonstrate that activation of both the Flt-3 and G-CSF receptors provides a high degree of radioprotection to the hematopoietic progenitor cell and stem cell compartment. ..
- Liu F, Kunter G, Krem M, Eades W, Cain J, Tomasson M, et al. Csf3r mutations in mice confer a strong clonal HSC advantage via activation of Stat5. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:946-55 pubmed publisher..Truncation mutations of CSF3R, which encodes the G-CSF receptor (G-CSFR), are implicated in leukemic progression in patients with severe ..
- Semerad C, Poursine Laurent J, Liu F, Link D. A role for G-CSF receptor signaling in the regulation of hematopoietic cell function but not lineage commitment or differentiation. Immunity. 1999;11:153-61 pubmed..Thus, the G-CSFR is generating unique signals that are required for certain specialized hematopoietic cell functions but are not required for granulocytic differentiation or lineage commitment. ..
- Yoda M, Kimura T, Tohmonda T, Uchikawa S, Koba T, Takito J, et al. Dual functions of cell-autonomous and non-cell-autonomous ADAM10 activity in granulopoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:6939-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present findings reveal previously undescribed nonredundant roles of cell-autonomous and non-cell-autonomous ADAM10 activity in the maintenance of hematopoiesis. ..
- Kook S, Cho J, Lee S, Lee B. The nucleotide sugar UDP-glucose mobilizes long-term repopulating primitive hematopoietic cells. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:3420-35 pubmed publisher..These findings provide direct evidence demonstrating a potential role for UDP-glucose in HSPC mobilization and may provide an attractive strategy to improve the yield of stem cells in poor-mobilizing allogeneic or autologous donors. ..
- Yuan X, Shan Y, Zhao Z, Chen J, Cong Y. Interaction between Snapin and G-CSF receptor. Cytokine. 2006;33:219-25 pubmed..The region of C-terminal GCSF-R between box2 and box3, including the residue Tyr703, was responsible for the interaction with Snapin. These data suggested that Snapin is a new interactive protein of GCSF-R. ..
- Day R, Bhattacharya D, Nagasawa T, Link D. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor reprograms bone marrow stromal cells to actively suppress B lymphopoiesis in mice. Blood. 2015;125:3114-7 pubmed publisher..Targeting bone marrow stromal cells is one mechanism by which inflammatory cytokines such as G-CSF actively suppress lymphopoiesis. ..
- Weber F, NÃ©meth T, Csepregi J, Dudeck A, Roers A, OzsvÃ¡ri B, et al. Neutrophils are required for both the sensitization and elicitation phase of contact hypersensitivity. J Exp Med. 2015;212:15-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identify neutrophils to be critically involved in both the sensitization and elicitation phase of CHS. ..
- Stock A, Hansen J, Sleeman M, McKenzie B, Wicks I. GM-CSF primes cardiac inflammation in a mouse model of Kawasaki disease. J Exp Med. 2016;213:1983-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings describe a novel role for GM-CSF as an essential initiating cytokine in cardiac inflammation and implicate GM-CSF as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in KD. ..
- Campbell I, Leong D, Edwards K, Rayzman V, Ng M, Goldberg G, et al. Therapeutic Targeting of the G-CSF Receptor Reduces Neutrophil Trafficking and Joint Inflammation in Antibody-Mediated Inflammatory Arthritis. J Immunol. 2016;197:4392-4402 pubmed
- Chee L, Hendy J, Purton L, McArthur G. The granulocyte-colony stimulating factor receptor (G-CSFR) interacts with retinoic acid receptors (RARs) in the regulation of myeloid differentiation. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:235-43 pubmed publisher..However, with the loss of G-CSFR, this expansion in granulopoiesis was attenuated, supporting the hypothesis that G-CSFR signaling interacts with RARs in the regulation of myeloid differentiation. ..
- Ku H, Hirayama F, Kato T, Miyazaki H, Aritomi M, Ota Y, et al. Soluble thrombopoietin receptor (Mpl) and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor directly stimulate proliferation of primitive hematopoietic progenitors of mice in synergy with steel factor or the ligand for Flt3/Flk2. Blood. 1996;88:4124-31 pubmed..The direct effects of the soluble receptors appear to be mediated through interactions with their respective membrane-bound receptors expressed on the primitive hematopoietic progenitors. ..
- Yamasaki K, Naito S, Anaguchi H, Ohkubo T, Ota Y. Solution structure of an extracellular domain containing the WSxWS motif of the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor and its interaction with ligand. Nat Struct Biol. 1997;4:498-504 pubmed..The WSxWS residues are suggested to contribute to ligand-recognition and to the protein architecture of the G-CSF receptor. ..
- Okada H, Watanabe T, Niki M, Takano H, Chiba N, Yanai N, et al. AML1(-/-) embryos do not express certain hematopoiesis-related gene transcripts including those of the PU.1 gene. Oncogene. 1998;17:2287-93 pubmed..The results suggest that the expression of a particular set of hematopoiesis-related genes is closely correlated with the PEBP2/CBF function. ..
- Kunter G, Woloszynek J, Link D. A truncation mutant of Csf3r cooperates with PML-RAR? to induce acute myeloid leukemia in mice. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:1136-43 pubmed publisher..Truncation mutations of CSF3R, encoding the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor (G-CSFR), are associated with development of ..
- Olson M, Scott E, Hack A, Su G, Tenen D, Singh H, et al. PU. 1 is not essential for early myeloid gene expression but is required for terminal myeloid differentiation. Immunity. 1995;3:703-14 pubmed..1-/- ES cells. Development of macrophages is restored with the introduction of a PU.1 cDNA regulated by its own promoter. The PU.1-/- ES cells represent an important model for analyzing myeloid cell development. ..
- Lu X, Chen Q, Rong Y, Yang G, Li C, Xu N, et al. LECT2 drives haematopoietic stem cell expansion and mobilization via regulating the macrophages and osteolineage cells. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12719 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate that LECT2 is an extramedullar cytokine that contributes to HSC homeostasis and may be useful to induce HSC mobilization. ..
- Kaushansky K, Fox N, Lin N, Liles W. Lineage-specific growth factors can compensate for stem and progenitor cell deficiencies at the postprogenitor cell level: an analysis of doubly TPO- and G-CSF receptor-deficient mice. Blood. 2002;99:3573-8 pubmed
- Casbon A, Reynaud D, Park C, Khuc E, Gan D, Schepers K, et al. Invasive breast cancer reprograms early myeloid differentiation in the bone marrow to generate immunosuppressive neutrophils. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E566-75 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that prolonged G-CSF may be responsible for both the development and activity of immunosuppressive neutrophils in cancer. ..
- Rumble J, Huber A, Krishnamoorthy G, Srinivasan A, Giles D, Zhang X, et al. Neutrophil-related factors as biomarkers in EAE and MS. J Exp Med. 2015;212:23-35 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we advocate that neutrophil-related molecules be further investigated as novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets in MS. ..
- Teuscher C, Doerge R, Fillmore P, Blankenhorn E. eae36, a locus on mouse chromosome 4, controls susceptibility to experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in older mice and mice immunized in the winter. Genetics. 2006;172:1147-53 pubmed
- Maxson J, Luty S, Macmaniman J, Abel M, Druker B, Tyner J. Ligand independence of the T618I mutation in the colony-stimulating factor 3 receptor (CSF3R) protein results from loss of O-linked glycosylation and increased receptor dimerization. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:5820-7 pubmed publisherMutations in the CSF3 granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor CSF3R have recently been found in a large percentage of patients with chronic neutrophilic leukemia and, more rarely, in other types of leukemia...
- Morris E, MacDonald K, Kuns R, Morris H, Banovic T, Don A, et al. Induction of natural killer T cell-dependent alloreactivity by administration of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor after bone marrow transplantation. Nat Med. 2009;15:436-41 pubmed publisher..These data have major implications for the use of G-CSF in disease states where NKT cell activation may have effects on outcome. ..
- Hara M, Yuasa S, Shimoji K, Onizuka T, Hayashiji N, Ohno Y, et al. G-CSF influences mouse skeletal muscle development and regeneration by stimulating myoblast proliferation. J Exp Med. 2011;208:715-27 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that G-CSF is crucial for skeletal myocyte development and regeneration and demonstrate the importance of inflammation-mediated induction of muscle regeneration. ..
- Beekman R, Valkhof M, Sanders M, van Strien P, Haanstra J, Broeders L, et al. Sequential gain of mutations in severe congenital neutropenia progressing to acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2012;119:5071-7 pubmed publisher..In the AML phase, we found 12 acquired nonsynonymous mutations. Three of these, in CSF3R, LLGL2, and ZC3H18, co-occurred in a subpopulation of progenitor cells already in the early SCN phase...
- Akerfeldt M, Laybutt D. Inhibition of Id1 augments insulin secretion and protects against high-fat diet-induced glucose intolerance. Diabetes. 2011;60:2506-14 pubmed publisher..Id1 expression plays an essential role in the etiology of glucose intolerance, insulin secretory dysfunction, and ?-cell dedifferentiation under conditions of increased lipid supply. ..
- Erkeland S, Aarts L, Irandoust M, Roovers O, Klomp A, Valkhof M, et al. Novel role of WD40 and SOCS box protein-2 in steady-state distribution of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor and G-CSF-controlled proliferation and differentiation signaling. Oncogene. 2007;26:1985-94 pubmed..We conclude that control of forward routing of G-CSF-R is essential for a balanced response of myeloid progenitors to G-CSF and suggest that disturbance of this balance may contribute to myeloid leukemia. ..
- Kirsch F, Krüger C, Schneider A. The receptor for granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) is expressed in radial glia during development of the nervous system. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:32 pubmed publisher..Our data imply that in addition to the function of G-CSF and its receptor in adult neurogenesis, this system also has a role in embryonic neurogenesis and nervous system development. ..
- McLemore M, Grewal S, Liu F, Archambault A, Poursine Laurent J, Haug J, et al. STAT-3 activation is required for normal G-CSF-dependent proliferation and granulocytic differentiation. Immunity. 2001;14:193-204 pubmed..These data suggest that STAT-3 activation by the G-CSFR is critical for the transduction of normal proliferative signals and contributes to differentiative signals. ..
- Sciaky D, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Sonoda G, Testa J, et al. Mapping of guanylin to murine chromosome 4 and human chromosome 1p34-p35. Genomics. 1995;26:427-9 pubmed
- Kreisel D, Sugimoto S, Tietjens J, Zhu J, Yamamoto S, Krupnick A, et al. Bcl3 prevents acute inflammatory lung injury in mice by restraining emergency granulopoiesis. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:265-76 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a critical role for Bcl3 in regulating emergency granulopoiesis and suggest that targeting the differentiation of myeloid progenitors may be a therapeutic strategy for preventing inflammatory lung injury. ..