Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Csf3
Description: colony stimulating factor 3 (granulocyte)
Alias: Csfg, G-CSF, MGI-IG, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor
- Hibbs M, Quilici C, Kountouri N, Seymour J, Armes J, Burgess A, et al. Mice lacking three myeloid colony-stimulating factors (G-CSF, GM-CSF, and M-CSF) still produce macrophages and granulocytes and mount an inflammatory response in a sterile model of peritonitis. J Immunol. 2007;178:6435-43 pubmed..These data establish that in the absence of G-CSF, GM-CSF, and M-CSF, additional growth factor(s) can stimulate myelopoiesis and acute inflammatory responses. ..
- Basu S, Quilici C, Zhang H, Grail D, Dunn A. Mice lacking both G-CSF and IL-6 are more susceptible to Candida albicans infection: critical role of neutrophils in defense against Candida albicans. Growth Factors. 2008;26:23-34 pubmed publisher..b>Granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) is regarded as a major regulator of neutrophil production and function...
- Lieschke G, Grail D, Hodgson G, Metcalf D, Stanley E, Cheers C, et al. Mice lacking granulocyte colony-stimulating factor have chronic neutropenia, granulocyte and macrophage progenitor cell deficiency, and impaired neutrophil mobilization. Blood. 1994;84:1737-46 pubmed
- Tesio M, Golan K, Corso S, Giordano S, Schajnovitz A, Vagima Y, et al. Enhanced c-Met activity promotes G-CSF-induced mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells via ROS signaling. Blood. 2011;117:419-28 pubmed publisher..Our data show dynamic c-Met expression and function in the bone marrow and show that enhanced c-Met signaling is crucial to facilitate stress-induced mobilization of progenitor cells as part of host defense and repair mechanisms. ..
- Basu S, Hodgson G, Zhang H, Katz M, Quilici C, Dunn A. "Emergency" granulopoiesis in G-CSF-deficient mice in response to Candida albicans infection. Blood. 2000;95:3725-33 pubmed..Blood. 2000;95:3725-3733) ..
- Noursadeghi M, Bickerstaff M, Herbert J, Moyes D, Cohen J, Pepys M. Production of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in the nonspecific acute phase response enhances host resistance to bacterial infection. J Immunol. 2002;169:913-9 pubmed
- Fukunaga R, Ishizaka Ikeda E, Seto Y, Nagata S. Expression cloning of a receptor for murine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Cell. 1990;61:341-50 pubmed..A 3.7 kb mRNA coding for the G-CSF receptor could be detected in mouse myeloid leukemia NFS-60 and WEHI-3B D+ cells as well as in bone marrow cells. ..
- Metcalf D. The granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factors. Science. 1985;229:16-22 pubmed..The proliferation of myeloid leukemia cells remains dependent on stimulation by colony-stimulating factors, although one of them also has the ability to suppress leukemic populations by inducing terminal differentiation. ..
- Harada M, Qin Y, Takano H, Minamino T, Zou Y, Toko H, et al. G-CSF prevents cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by activating the Jak-Stat pathway in cardiomyocytes. Nat Med. 2005;11:305-11 pubmed..These results suggest that G-CSF promotes survival of cardiac myocytes and prevents left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction through the functional communication between cardiomyocytes and noncardiomyocytes. ..
- Shimoji K, Yuasa S, Onizuka T, Hattori F, Tanaka T, Hara M, et al. G-CSF promotes the proliferation of developing cardiomyocytes in vivo and in derivation from ESCs and iPSCs. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;6:227-37 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that G-CSF is critically involved in cardiomyocyte proliferation during development, and may be used to boost the yield of cardiomyocytes from ESCs for their potential application to regenerative medicine. ..
- Dunn S, Coles L, Lang R, Gerondakis S, Vadas M, Shannon M. Requirement for nuclear factor (NF)-kappa B p65 and NF-interleukin-6 binding elements in the tumor necrosis factor response region of the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor promoter. Blood. 1994;83:2469-79 pubmed..The ability of this region to respond to TNF-alpha or p65 is correlated with the ability to form the p65/NF-IL6 ternary complex. ..
- De La Luz Sierra M, Gasperini P, McCormick P, Zhu J, Tosato G. Transcription factor Gfi-1 induced by G-CSF is a negative regulator of CXCR4 in myeloid cells. Blood. 2007;110:2276-85 pubmed
- Jiang D, Schwarz H. Regulation of granulocyte and macrophage populations of murine bone marrow cells by G-CSF and CD137 protein. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15565 pubmed publisher..This study confirms earlier data on the regulation of myelopoiesis by CD137 receptor - ligand interaction, and extends them by demonstrating the restriction of this growth promoting influence to the monocytic lineage. ..
- Hermans M, Ward A, Antonissen C, Karis A, Lowenberg B, Touw I. Perturbed granulopoiesis in mice with a targeted mutation in the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor gene associated with severe chronic neutropenia. Blood. 1998;92:32-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that depending on G-CSF levels in mice, the triangle Delta715 mutation can contribute both to neutropenia and to neutrophilia. ..
- Witowski J, Ksiazek K, Warnecke C, Kuzlan M, Korybalska K, Tayama H, et al. Role of mesothelial cell-derived granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in interleukin-17-induced neutrophil accumulation in the peritoneum. Kidney Int. 2007;71:514-25 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the mesothelium-derived G-CSF plays an important role in IL-17A-induced PMN recruitment into the peritoneum. ..
- de Haan G, Dontje B, Engel C, Loeffler M, Nijhof W. The kinetics of murine hematopoietic stem cells in vivo in response to prolonged increased mature blood cell production induced by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Blood. 1995;86:2986-92 pubmed..This study shows that the primitive stem cell compartment is seriously perturbed during an increased stimulation of the production of mature blood cells.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Nishizawa M, Nagata S. cDNA clones encoding leucine-zipper proteins which interact with G-CSF gene promoter element 1-binding protein. FEBS Lett. 1992;299:36-8 pubmed..Three leucine-zipper proteins were isolated from mouse cDNA expression libraries by this method: NF-IL6, ATF4, and a novel ATF4-related ATFx. The interactions of these proteins with GPE1-BP may play key roles in G-CSF gene expression. ..
- Yannaki E, Athanasiou E, Xagorari A, Constantinou V, Batsis I, Kaloyannidis P, et al. G-CSF-primed hematopoietic stem cells or G-CSF per se accelerate recovery and improve survival after liver injury, predominantly by promoting endogenous repair programs. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:108-19 pubmed..Therefore, mobilization with G-CSF might offer a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of acute and chronic liver diseases in humans. ..
- Ohki Y, Heissig B, Sato Y, Akiyama H, Zhu Z, Hicklin D, et al. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor promotes neovascularization by releasing vascular endothelial growth factor from neutrophils. FASEB J. 2005;19:2005-7 pubmed..Our results indicated that administration of G-CSF into ischemic tissue provides a novel and safe therapeutic strategy to improve neovascularization. ..
- Im J, Tapmeier T, Balathasan L, Gal A, Yameen S, Hill S, et al. G-CSF rescues tumor growth and neo-angiogenesis during liver metastasis under host angiopoietin-2 deficiency. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:315-26 pubmed publisher..Further studies are thus required to assess the effects of pharmacological Ang2 blockade for cancer patients particularly in the liver. ..
- Cirioni O, Ghiselli R, Tomasinsig L, Orlando F, Silvestri C, Skerlavaj B, et al. Efficacy of LL-37 and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in a neutropenic murine sepsis due to Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Shock. 2008;30:443-8 pubmed publisher..Combination therapy between LL-37 and G-CSF is a promising therapeutic strategy for the management of severe Pseudomonas infection complicated by neutropenia. ..
- Brasel K, McKenna H, Charrier K, Morrissey P, Williams D, Lyman S. Flt3 ligand synergizes with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor or granulocyte colony-stimulating factor to mobilize hematopoietic progenitor cells into the peripheral blood of mice. Blood. 1997;90:3781-8 pubmed..Finally, we found that transplantation of FL or FL plus G-CSF-mobilized PB cells protected lethally irradiated mice and resulted in long-term multilineage hematopoietic reconstitution. ..
- Schuster A, Klotz M, Schwab T, Lilischkis R, Schneider A, Schafer K. Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor: a new player for the enteric nervous system. Cell Tissue Res. 2014;355:35-48 pubmed publisher..G-CSF might be an important factor in the regeneration and differentiation of the ENS and might be a useful tool for the investigation and treatment of ENS disorders. ..
- de Koning J, Ward A, Caldenhoven E, de Groot R, Lowenberg B, Touw I. STAT3beta does not interfere with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-induced neutrophilic differentiation. Hematol J. 2000;1:220-5 pubmed..These findings argue against a role of STAT3beta as a negative regulator of G-CSF-induced expression of p27 and myeloid differentiation. ..
- Wculek S, Malanchi I. Neutrophils support lung colonization of metastasis-initiating breast cancer cells. Nature. 2015;528:413-7 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the efficacy of using targeted therapy against a specific tumour microenvironment component and indicate that neutrophil Alox5 inhibition may limit metastatic progression. ..
- Sugiyama D, Kulkeaw K, Mizuochi C, Horio Y, Okayama S. Hepatoblasts comprise a niche for fetal liver erythropoiesis through cytokine production. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:301-6 pubmed publisher..Our observations demonstrate that hepatoblasts comprise a niche for erythropoiesis through cytokine secretion. ..
- Stein D, Wu J, Fuqua S, Roonprapunt C, Yajnik V, D EUSTACHIO P, et al. The SH2 domain protein GRB-7 is co-amplified, overexpressed and in a tight complex with HER2 in breast cancer. EMBO J. 1994;13:1331-40 pubmed..The fact that GRB-7 and HER2 are both overexpressed and bound tightly together suggests that this basic signaling pathway is greatly amplified in certain breast cancers. ..
- Zhang Y, Li S, Yuan L, Tian Y, Weidenfeld J, Yang J, et al. Foxp1 coordinates cardiomyocyte proliferation through both cell-autonomous and nonautonomous mechanisms. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1746-57 pubmed publisher..These data show that Foxp1 coordinates the balance of cardiomyocyte proliferation and differentiation through cell lineage-specific regulation of Fgf ligand and Nkx2.5 expression. ..
- Metcalf D. The granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factors. Cell. 1985;43:5-6 pubmed
- Christopherson K, Cooper S, Hangoc G, Broxmeyer H. CD26 is essential for normal G-CSF-induced progenitor cell mobilization as determined by CD26-/- mice. Exp Hematol. 2003;31:1126-34 pubmed..CD26 plays a critical role in G-CSF-induced mobilization of HPC. ..
- Kohda K, Matsuda Y, Ishibashi T, Tanaka K, Kasahara M. Structural analysis and chromosomal localization of the mouse Psmb5 gene coding for the constitutively expressed beta-type proteasome subunit. Immunogenetics. 1997;47:77-87 pubmed..These results were confirmed by fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis that localized Psmb5 to band C2 to proximal D1 of chromosome 14 and Psmb5-ps to band D of chromosome 11. ..
- Kandil E, Kohda K, Ishibashi T, Tanaka K, Kasahara M. PA28 subunits of the mouse proteasome: primary structures and chromosomal localization of the genes. Immunogenetics. 1997;46:337-44 pubmed..It appears that the IFN-gamma-inducible alpha- and beta-subunits emerged by gene duplication from a gamma-subunit-like precursor. ..
- Kuhlmann M, Kirchhof P, Klocke R, Hasib L, Stypmann J, Fabritz L, et al. G-CSF/SCF reduces inducible arrhythmias in the infarcted heart potentially via increased connexin43 expression and arteriogenesis. J Exp Med. 2006;203:87-97 pubmed..In addition to paracrine effects potentially caused by the increased homing of BM-derived cells, these might contribute to the therapeutic effects of G-CSF. ..
- Inoue D, Kitaura J, Togami K, Nishimura K, Enomoto Y, Uchida T, et al. Myelodysplastic syndromes are induced by histone methylation–altering ASXL1 mutations. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:4627-40 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for an axis of MDS pathogenesis that implicates both ASXL1 mutations and miR-125a as therapeutic targets in MDS. ..
- Putland R, Sassinis T, Harvey J, Diamond P, Coles L, Brown C, et al. RNA destabilization by the granulocyte colony-stimulating factor stem-loop destabilizing element involves a single stem-loop that promotes deadenylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1664-73 pubmed..A protein that binds the stem-loop, but not an inactive mutant form, has been detected in cytoplasmic lysates. ..
- Mannering S, Zhan Y, Gilbertson B, Lieschke G, Cheers C. T lymphocytes from granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-/- mice produce large quantities of interferon-gamma in a chronic infection model. Immunology. 2000;101:132-9 pubmed..Thus we show a novel relationship between G-CSF and IFN-gamma production by T cells revealed in this chronic bacterial infection model. ..
- Janelle M, Doucet A, Bouchard D, Bourbonnais Y, Tremblay G. Increased local levels of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor are associated with the beneficial effect of pre-elafin (SKALP/trappin-2/WAP3) in experimental emphysema. Biol Chem. 2006;387:903-9 pubmed..This suggests that the beneficial effects of pre-elafin could be mediated, at least in part, by its ability to increase G-CSF levels in the lung. ..
- Kasahara D, Williams A, Benedito L, Ranscht B, Kobzik L, Hug C, et al. Role of the adiponectin binding protein, T-cadherin (cdh13), in pulmonary responses to subacute ozone. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65829 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that T-cadherin is required for the ability of adiponectin to suppress some but not all aspects of ozone-induced pulmonary inflammation. ..
- Smeets M, Mackenzie Kludas C, Mohtashami M, Zhang H, Zuniga Pflucker J, Izon D. Removal of myeloid cytokines from the cellular environment enhances T-cell development in vitro. Int Immunol. 2013;25:589-99 pubmed publisher..These T-cell precursors could be used for treating immunodeficient patients. ..
- Chafe S, Lou Y, Sceneay J, Vallejo M, Hamilton M, McDonald P, et al. Carbonic anhydrase IX promotes myeloid-derived suppressor cell mobilization and establishment of a metastatic niche by stimulating G-CSF production. Cancer Res. 2015;75:996-1008 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify a novel hypoxia-induced CAIX-NF-ÎºB-G-CSF cellular signaling axis culminating in the mobilization of granulocytic MDSCs to the breast cancer lung metastatic niche. ..
- Shimizu M, Higuchi K, Bennett B, Xia C, Tsuboyama T, Kasai S, et al. Identification of peak bone mass QTL in a spontaneously osteoporotic mouse strain. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:81-7 pubmed..This association was consistent with the distribution of peak bone mass in the F1 and F2. These findings should be useful to elucidate the genetics of osteoporosis. ..
- Lantow M, Sivakumar R, Zeumer L, Wasserfall C, Zheng Y, Atkinson M, et al. The granulocyte colony stimulating factor pathway regulates autoantibody production in a murine induced model of systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R49 pubmed publisher..TC mice, which also carry the Sle2c2 locus. Overall, these results suggest that the G-CSF pathway regulates the production of autoantibodies in murine models of lupus. ..
- Hayashiji N, Yuasa S, Miyagoe Suzuki Y, Hara M, Ito N, Hashimoto H, et al. G-CSF supports long-term muscle regeneration in mouse models of muscular dystrophy. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6745 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the G-CSF-G-CSFR axis is fundamentally important for long-term muscle regeneration, functional maintenance and lifespan extension in mouse models of DMD with varying severities. ..
- Burrows H, Seasholtz A, Camper S. Localization of the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene on mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:55-6 pubmed
- Kamio N, Akifusa S, Yamaguchi N, Yamashita Y. Induction of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor by globular adiponectin via the MEK-ERK pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;292:20-5 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that MEK1/2-ERK1/2 signaling is involved in the adiponectin-induced secretion of G-CSF. ..
- He R, Zhou J, Hanson C, Chen J, Cheng N, Ye R. Serum amyloid A induces G-CSF expression and neutrophilia via Toll-like receptor 2. Blood. 2009;113:429-37 pubmed publisher..Finally, our in vivo studies confirmed that SAA treatment results in a significant increase in plasma G-CSF and neutrophilia, whereas these responses are ablated in G-CSF- or TLR2-deficient mice. ..
- Noel J, Ramser B, Cancelas J, McCormack F, Gardner J. Thermal injury of the skin induces G-CSF-dependent attenuation of EPO-mediated STAT signaling and erythroid differentiation arrest in mice. Exp Hematol. 2017;56:16-30 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide strong evidence for a role for G-CSF in the development of ACI after burn injury through suppression of EPO signaling in bone marrow erythroid cells. ..
- MacDonald K, Le Texier L, Zhang P, Morris H, Kuns R, Lineburg K, et al. Modification of T cell responses by stem cell mobilization requires direct signaling of the T cell by G-CSF and IL-10. J Immunol. 2014;192:3180-9 pubmed publisher..These data provide a compelling rationale for considering the immunological benefits of G-CSF in selecting mobilization protocols for allogeneic stem cell transplantation. ..
- Meshkibaf S, Martins A, Henry G, Kim S. Protective role of G-CSF in dextran sulfate sodium-induced acute colitis through generating gut-homing macrophages. Cytokine. 2016;78:69-78 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that G-CSF plays an important role in preventing colitis, likely through populating immune regulatory macrophages in the intestine. ..
- Metcalf D. The molecular biology and functions of the granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factors. Blood. 1986;67:257-67 pubmed..There are increasing reasons to believe that these CSFs will be useful therapeutic agents in stimulating hematopoietic regeneration in leukopenic states and the functional activity of granulocytes and monocytes in infections. ..
- Tsuruyama T, Imai Y, Takeuchi H, Hiratsuka T, Maruyama Y, Kanaya K, et al. Dual retrovirus integration tagging: identification of new signaling molecules Fiz1 and Hipk2 that are involved in the IL-7 signaling pathway in B lymphoblastic lymphomas. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;88:107-16 pubmed publisher..Identification of the dual MLV integration sites in B-LBLs, therefore, will provide an excellent tool for identification of the signaling pathways in B-LBLs. ..
- Tsuchiya M, Asano S, Kaziro Y, Nagata S. Isolation and characterization of the cDNA for murine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986;83:7633-7 pubmed
- Dumortier A, Durham A, Di Piazza M, Vauclair S, Koch U, Ferrand G, et al. Atopic dermatitis-like disease and associated lethal myeloproliferative disorder arise from loss of Notch signaling in the murine skin. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9258 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a critical role for Notch in repressing TSLP production in keratinocytes, thereby maintaining integrity of the skin and the hematopoietic system. ..
- Numata A, Shimoda K, Kamezaki K, Haro T, Kakumitsu H, Shide K, et al. Signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 augments the transcriptional activity of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha in granulocyte colony-stimulating factor signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12621-9 pubmed..Additionally, cooperation of C/EBPalpha with other Stat3-activated proteins are required for the induction of some G-CSF responsive genes including lysozyme M and the G-CSF receptor. ..
- Matsuda T, Hirano T. Association of p72 tyrosine kinase with Stat factors and its activation by interleukin-3, interleukin-6, and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Blood. 1994;83:3457-61 pubmed..p72sak may directly activate Stat family proteins or other signal transducing molecules for IL-3, G-CSF, and the IL-6-related cytokine subfamily. ..
- Smith E, Stark M, Zarbock A, Burcin T, Bruce A, Vaswani D, et al. IL-17A inhibits the expansion of IL-17A-producing T cells in mice through "short-loop" inhibition via IL-17 receptor. J Immunol. 2008;181:1357-64 pubmed..We conclude that IL-17A regulates blood neutrophil counts by inducing G-CSF production mainly in nonhemopoietic cells. IL-17A controls the expansion of IL-17A-producing Tn cell populations through IL-17R. ..
- Hermans M, Antonissen C, Ward A, Mayen A, Ploemacher R, Touw I. Sustained receptor activation and hyperproliferation in response to granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) in mice with a severe congenital neutropenia/acute myeloid leukemia-derived mutation in the G-CSF receptor gene. J Exp Med. 1999;189:683-92 pubmed
- Phan V, Wu X, Cheng J, Sheng R, Chung A, Zhuang G, et al. Oncogenic RAS pathway activation promotes resistance to anti-VEGF therapy through G-CSF-induced neutrophil recruitment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6079-84 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into G-CSF regulation and on the mechanism of action of MEK inhibitors and point to unique anticancer strategies. ..
- Hirbe A, Uluçkan O, Morgan E, Eagleton M, Prior J, Piwnica Worms D, et al. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor enhances bone tumor growth in mice in an osteoclast-dependent manner. Blood. 2007;109:3424-31 pubmed..These data demonstrate a G-CSF-induced stimulation of tumor growth in bone that is OC dependent. ..
- Spicer A, Roller M, Camper S, McPherson J, Wasmuth J, Hakim S, et al. The human and mouse receptors for hyaluronan-mediated motility, RHAMM, genes (HMMR) map to human chromosome 5q33.2-qter and mouse chromosome 11. Genomics. 1995;30:115-7 pubmed..The RHAMM gene location and its ability to transform cells when overexpressed implicate RHAMM as a possible candidate gene in the pathogenesis of the recently described t(5;14)(q33-q34;q11) acute lymphoblastic leukemias. ..
- Yang F, Tsuji K, Oda A, Ebihara Y, Xu M, Kaneko A, et al. Differential effects of human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (hG-CSF) and thrombopoietin on megakaryopoiesis and platelet function in hG-CSF receptor-transgenic mice. Blood. 1999;94:950-8 pubmed..Specific signals may be required for the full maturation and activation of platelets. ..
- Balamayooran G, Batra S, Theivanthiran B, Cai S, Pacher P, Jeyaseelan S. Intrapulmonary G-CSF rescues neutrophil recruitment to the lung and neutrophil release to blood in Gram-negative bacterial infection in MCP-1-/- mice. J Immunol. 2012;189:5849-59 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae pneumonia and illustrate that G-CSF could be used to rescue impairment in host immunity in individuals with absent or malfunctional MCP-1. ..
- Croker B, Lewis R, Babon J, Mintern J, Jenne D, Metcalf D, et al. Neutrophils require SHP1 to regulate IL-1? production and prevent inflammatory skin disease. J Immunol. 2011;186:1131-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the neutrophil- and IL-1-dependent disease in SHP1(Y208N/Y208N) mice is a consequence of loss of negative regulation of TLR and IL-1R signaling. ..
- Fitzgibbon J, Pilz A, Gayther S, Appukuttan B, Dulai K, Delhanty J, et al. Localization of the gene encoding human phosphatidylinositol transfer protein (PITPN) to 17p13.3: a gene showing homology to the Drosophila retinal degeneration B gene (rdgB). Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1994;67:205-7 pubmed..In view of the possible involvement of the PITPN locus in the etiology of retinal disease, the gene has been mapped to human chromosome 17p13.3 and mouse Chromosome 11. ..
- Zhang P, Iwama A, Datta M, Darlington G, Link D, Tenen D. Upregulation of interleukin 6 and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptors by transcription factor CCAAT enhancer binding protein alpha (C/EBP alpha) is critical for granulopoiesis. J Exp Med. 1998;188:1173-84 pubmed..The results of these and other studies suggest that additional C/EBPalpha target genes, possibly other cytokine receptors, are also important for the block in granulocyte differentiation observed in vivo in C/EBPalpha-deficient mice. ..
- Lawlor K, Campbell I, Metcalf D, O Donnell K, van Nieuwenhuijze A, Roberts A, et al. Critical role for granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in inflammatory arthritis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11398-403 pubmed..Our results reveal a critical role for G-CSF in driving joint inflammation and highlight G-CSF as a potential therapeutic target in inflammatory joint diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Roberts A, Foote S, Alexander W, Scott C, Robb L, Metcalf D. Genetic influences determining progenitor cell mobilization and leukocytosis induced by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor. Blood. 1997;89:2736-44 pubmed..5), and that this approach may serve as a useful model for the identification of genes involved in the mobilization process. ..
- Zhu Q, Xia L, Mills G, Lowell C, Touw I, Corey S. G-CSF induced reactive oxygen species involves Lyn-PI3-kinase-Akt and contributes to myeloid cell growth. Blood. 2006;107:1847-56 pubmed..These data suggest that the G-CSF-induced Lyn-PI3K-Akt pathway drives ROS production. One beneficial effect of therapeutic targeting of Lyn-PI3K-kinase-Akt cascade is abrogating ROS production. ..
- Capoccia B, Shepherd R, Link D. G-CSF and AMD3100 mobilize monocytes into the blood that stimulate angiogenesis in vivo through a paracrine mechanism. Blood. 2006;108:2438-45 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that monocytes mobilized into the blood by G-CSF or AMD3100 stimulate angiogenesis at sites of ischemia through a paracrine mechanism. ..
- Pflegerl P, Vesely P, Hantusch B, Schlederer M, Zenz R, Janig E, et al. Epidermal loss of JunB leads to a SLE phenotype due to hyper IL-6 signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20423-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, keratinocyte-induced IL-6 secretion can cause SLE and systemic autoimmunity. Our results support trials to use alpha-IL-6 receptor antibody therapy for treatment of SLE. ..
- Takahashi N, Ko M. The short 3'-end region of complementary DNAs as PCR-based polymorphic markers for an expression map of the mouse genome. Genomics. 1993;16:161-8 pubmed
- Kleiter N, Artner I, Gmachl N, Ghaffari Tabrizi N, Kratochwil K. Mutagenic transgene insertion into a region of high gene density and multiple linkage disruptions on mouse chromosome 11. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;97:100-5 pubmed..A comparison with the corresponding region on human chromosome 17q12 revealed several small-scale rearrangements during evolutionary divergence within this cluster of densely packed genes. ..
- Morishita K, Takemura G, Tsujimoto A, Kanamori H, Okada H, Chousa M, et al. Postinfarction Cardiac Remodeling Proceeds Normally in Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor Knockout Mice. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:1899-911 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, overexpression of VEGF may compensate for the G-CSF deficit through preservation of cellular components, including blood vessels, in the postinfarction heart. ..
- Kim M, Chae J, Park Y, De Nardo D, Stirzaker R, Ko H, et al. Aberrant actin depolymerization triggers the pyrin inflammasome and autoinflammatory disease that is dependent on IL-18, not IL-1Î². J Exp Med. 2015;212:927-38 pubmed publisher..Previously, perturbation of actin polymerization by pathogens was shown to activate the pyrin inflammasome, so our data now extend this guard hypothesis to host-regulated actin-dependent processes and autoinflammatory disease. ..
- Fang Y, Gong S, Xu Y, Hambly B, Bao S. Impaired cutaneous wound healing in granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor knockout mice. Br J Dermatol. 2007;157:458-65 pubmed..These data have important implications for further development of the therapeutic manipulation of wound healing using GM-CSF. ..
- Nasir J, MacLean A, Engelender S, Duan K, Margolis R, Kleiderlein J, et al. Chromosomal localization of the Huntingtin associated protein (HAP-1) gene in mouse and humans with radiation hybrid and interspecific backcross mapping. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:397-8 pubmed
- Pickup M, Owens P, Gorska A, Chytil A, Ye F, Shi C, et al. Development of Aggressive Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinomas Depends on Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor Secretion in Carcinoma Cells. Cancer Immunol Res. 2017;5:718-729 pubmed publisher..Deletion of csf3 in PDAC cells or use of a G-CSF-blocking antibody decreased tumor growth...