Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Crybb2
Description: crystallin, beta B2
Alias: Cryb-2, beta-crystallin B2, beta-crystallin Bp
- Dimanlig P, Faber S, Auerbach W, Makarenkova H, Lang R. The upstream ectoderm enhancer in Pax6 has an important role in lens induction. Development. 2001;128:4415-24 pubmed..This pathway forms a basis for future analysis of lens induction mechanism. ..
- Ring B, Cordes S, Overbeek P, Barsh G. Regulation of mouse lens fiber cell development and differentiation by the Maf gene. Development. 2000;127:307-17 pubmed..Our results indicate that Maf directly activates many if not all of the (beta)-crystallin genes, and suggest a model for coordinating cell cycle withdrawal with terminal differentiation. ..
- Gonzalez M, Ruggiero F, Chang Q, Shi Y, Rich M, Kraner S, et al. Disruption of Trkb-mediated signaling induces disassembly of postsynaptic receptor clusters at neuromuscular junctions. Neuron. 1999;24:567-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel role for neurotrophin signaling through TrkB receptors on muscle fibers in the ongoing maintenance of postsynaptic AChR regions. ..
- Zhang J, Li J, Huang C, Xue L, Peng Y, Fu Q, et al. Targeted knockout of the mouse betaB2-crystallin gene (Crybb2) induces age-related cataract. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5476-83 pubmed publisherThe betaB2-crystallin gene (Crybb2) is expressed at an increasing level in the postnatal lens cortex. It has been assumed that the gene functions as structural protein, although this has not been directly tested...
- Ren S, Liu T, Jia C, Qi X, Wang Y. Physiological expression of lens ?-, ?-, and ?-crystallins in murine and human corneas. Mol Vis. 2010;16:2745-52 pubmed..The expression levels depended on the animal strains or cell status. The physiologic and pathological significance of lens crystallins in corneas deserves more investigation. ..
- Zarbalis K, Chatterjee B, Loster J, Werner T, Graw J. Sequence analysis of the beta B2-crystallin cDNA of hamster containing a domain conserved among vertebrates. Gene. 1996;174:181-4 pubmed..This 36-aa domain contains a putative phosphorylation site for protein kinase C and is highly conserved among all known basic beta B-Cry; however, it can neither be detected in the acidic beta A-nor in the gamma-Cry. ..
- Gao Q, Sun L, Xiang F, Gao L, Jia Y, Zhang J, et al. Crybb2 deficiency impairs fertility in female mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;453:37-42 pubmed publisherBeta-B2-crystallin (CRYBB2), encoded by Crybb2 gene, is a major protein in the mammalian eye lens that plays an important role in maintaining the transparency of the ocular lens...
- Hulsebos T, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N. The beta crystallin genes on human chromosome 22 define a new region of homology with mouse chromosome 5. Genomics. 1995;25:574-6 pubmedThe human beta crystallin genes CRYBB2, CRYBB2P1, CRYBB3, and CRYBA4 are located in 22q11.2. Using interspecific backcross analysis, we mapped the mouse homologues of CRYBB2, CRYBB3, and CRYBA4 (i.e...
- Xiang F, Cui B, Gao Q, Zhang J, Zhang J, Li W. Decreased levels of Ca²?-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV in the testis as a contributing factor to reduced fertility in male Crybb2?/? mice. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:1145-51 pubmed publisherB2-crystallin (Crybb2), a member of the ??-crystallin superfamily, in conjunction with ?-crystallin, constitute the major proteins of the mammalian eye lens...
- Liu B, Liang J. Confocal fluorescence microscopy study of interaction between lens MIP26/AQP0 and crystallins in living cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:51-8 pubmed..We conclude that all crystallins interact with MIP26, the physiological significance of which may be a reduction in the difference of refractive index between membrane and cytoplasm. ..
- Sun M, Holter S, Stepan J, Garrett L, Genius J, Kremmer E, et al. Crybb2 coding for ?B2-crystallin affects sensorimotor gating and hippocampal function. Mamm Genome. 2013;24:333-48 pubmed publisherB2-crystallin (gene symbol: Crybb2/CRYBB2) was first described as a structural protein of the ocular lens...
- Gao Q, Ren H, Chen M, Niu Z, Tao H, Jia Y, et al. Long non-coding RNAs regulate effects of ?-crystallin B2 on mouse ovary development. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:4223-4231 pubmed publishercrystallin B2 (CRYBB2) knockout mice exhibit morphological and functional abnormalities in the ovary. Long non?coding RNAs (lncRNAs) regulate gene transcription and translation, and epigenetic modification of genomic DNA...
- Carper D, Smith Gill S, Kinoshita J. Immunocytochemical localization of the 27K beta-crystallin polypeptide in the mouse lens during development using a specific monoclonal antibody: implications for cataract formation in the Philly mouse. Dev Biol. 1986;113:104-9 pubmed..The selective absence of the 27K beta-crystallin polypeptide, a defect which precedes cataract formation in the Philly mouse, is intriguing since it suggests a relationship between this major lens polypeptide and lens clarity. ..
- Sergeev Y, Hejtmancik J, Wingfield P. Energetics of domain-domain interactions and entropy driven association of beta-crystallins. Biochemistry. 2004;43:415-24 pubmed
- Maeda Y, Funata N, Takahama S, Sugata Y, Yonekawa H. Two interactive genes responsible for a new inherited cataract (RCT) in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:278-83 pubmed..The rct locus essential for the onset of the cataract was tightly linked to D4Mit278 on Chromosome (Chr) 4 with no recombination. The mrct locus was closely linked to D5Mit239 (chi2 = 66.3, P < 0.00001) on Chr 5. ..
- Ruvinsky I, Silver L. Newly identified paralogous groups on mouse chromosomes 5 and 11 reveal the age of a T-box cluster duplication. Genomics. 1997;40:262-6 pubmed..This work facilitates our understanding of the status of the T-box gene family in different vertebrate lineages and also defines a novel paralogy group within the mouse genome. ..
- Kerscher S, Church R, Boyd Y, Lyon M. Mapping of four mouse genes encoding eye lens-specific structural, gap junction, and integral membrane proteins: Cryba1 (crystallin beta A3/A1), Crybb2 (crystallin beta B2), Gja8 (MP70), and Lim2 (MP19). Genomics. 1995;29:445-50 pubmed..5 +/- 2.5 cM distal to D11Mit31, and the Crybb2 locus encoding crystallinbetaB2 maps to chromosome 5, 9.1 +/- 4.3 cM distal to D5Mit88...
- Hulsebos T, Gilbert D, Delattre O, Smink L, Dunham I, Westerveld A, et al. Assignment of the beta B1 crystallin gene (CRYBB1) to human chromosome 22 and mouse chromosome 5. Genomics. 1995;29:712-8 pubmed..These assignments complete the mapping and identification of the human and mouse homologues of the major beta crystallins genes that are expressed in the bovine lens. ..
- Liao X, Buchberg A, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Evi-5, a common site of retroviral integration in AKXD T-cell lymphomas, maps near Gfi-1 on mouse chromosome 5. J Virol. 1995;69:7132-7 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that T-cell lymphomagenesis is a multistep disease and that viral integration at Evi-5 or Gfi-1 is causally associated with this disease process. ..
- Min J, Zhang Y, Moskophidis D, Mivechi N. Unique contribution of heat shock transcription factor 4 in ocular lens development and fiber cell differentiation. Genesis. 2004;40:205-17 pubmed..Thus, HSF4 fulfills a central role in controlling spatial and temporal expression of genes critical for correct development and function of the lens. ..
- Fujio K, Nosaka T, Kojima T, Kawashima T, Yahata T, Copeland N, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel type 1 cytokine receptor similar to the common gamma chain. Blood. 2000;95:2204-10 pubmed..These results suggest that delta1 is a subunit of cytokine receptor that may be involved in multiple receptor systems and play a regulatory role in the immune system and hematopoiesis. ..
- Lovicu F, Overbeek P. Overlapping effects of different members of the FGF family on lens fiber differentiation in transgenic mice. Development. 1998;125:3365-77 pubmed
- Reneker L, Overbeek P. Lens-specific expression of PDGF-A alters lens growth and development. Dev Biol. 1996;180:554-65 pubmed..Elevated levels of PDGF-A enhance proliferation, but also appear to induce some aspects of the fiber cell differentiation pathway. ..
- Chambers C, Cvekl A, Sax C, Russell P. Sequence, initial functional analysis and protein-DNA binding sites of the mouse beta B2-crystallin-encoding gene. Gene. 1995;166:287-92 pubmed..Most notably is the binding of the Pax-6 paired domain (PrD) which correlates with the binding of lens cell nuclear proteins at the -80 to -40 region. ..
- Oliveira A, Osmand A, Outeiro T, Muchowski P, Finkbeiner S. Î±B-Crystallin overexpression in astrocytes modulates the phenotype of the BACHD mouse model of Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1677-89 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which elevating astrocytic Î±Bc confers neuroprotection through a potential non-cell-autonomous pathway that modulates mhtt aggregation and protein levels. ..
- Logan C, Rajakaruna S, Bowen C, Radice G, Robinson M, Menko A. N-cadherin regulates signaling mechanisms required for lens fiber cell elongation and lens morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2017;428:118-134 pubmed publisher..The dependence of migration of the fiber cell apical domains along the EFI for lens morphogenesis on N-cadherin provides new insight into the process of tissue development. ..