Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cryba4
Description: crystallin, beta A4
Alias: beta-crystallin A4, beta-A4 crystallin
- Bertuzzi S, Sheng H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Taira M, et al. Molecular cloning, structure, and chromosomal localization of the mouse LIM/homeobox gene Lhx5. Genomics. 1996;36:234-9 pubmed..We have mapped Lhx5 to the central region of mouse chromosome 5. ..
- Hulsebos T, Gilbert D, Delattre O, Smink L, Dunham I, Westerveld A, et al. Assignment of the beta B1 crystallin gene (CRYBB1) to human chromosome 22 and mouse chromosome 5. Genomics. 1995;29:712-8 pubmed..We demonstrate that the beta B1 and beta A4 crystallin genes are very closely linked in the two species...
- Lovicu F, Overbeek P. Overlapping effects of different members of the FGF family on lens fiber differentiation in transgenic mice. Development. 1998;125:3365-77 pubmed
- Gonzalez M, Ruggiero F, Chang Q, Shi Y, Rich M, Kraner S, et al. Disruption of Trkb-mediated signaling induces disassembly of postsynaptic receptor clusters at neuromuscular junctions. Neuron. 1999;24:567-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel role for neurotrophin signaling through TrkB receptors on muscle fibers in the ongoing maintenance of postsynaptic AChR regions. ..
- Ring B, Cordes S, Overbeek P, Barsh G. Regulation of mouse lens fiber cell development and differentiation by the Maf gene. Development. 2000;127:307-17 pubmed..Our results indicate that Maf directly activates many if not all of the (beta)-crystallin genes, and suggest a model for coordinating cell cycle withdrawal with terminal differentiation. ..
- Maeda Y, Funata N, Takahama S, Sugata Y, Yonekawa H. Two interactive genes responsible for a new inherited cataract (RCT) in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:278-83 pubmed..The rct locus essential for the onset of the cataract was tightly linked to D4Mit278 on Chromosome (Chr) 4 with no recombination. The mrct locus was closely linked to D5Mit239 (chi2 = 66.3, P < 0.00001) on Chr 5. ..
- Graw J, Loster J, Soewarto D, Fuchs H, Reis A, Wolf E, et al. Aey2, a new mutation in the betaB2-crystallin-encoding gene of the mouse. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:1574-80 pubmed..Because an increasing number of beta- and gamma-crystallin mutations have been reported, a detailed phenotype-genotype correlation will allow a clearer functional understanding of beta- and gamma-crystallins. ..
- Min J, Zhang Y, Moskophidis D, Mivechi N. Unique contribution of heat shock transcription factor 4 in ocular lens development and fiber cell differentiation. Genesis. 2004;40:205-17 pubmed..Thus, HSF4 fulfills a central role in controlling spatial and temporal expression of genes critical for correct development and function of the lens. ..
- Yoshimoto A, Saigou Y, Higashi Y, Kondoh H. Regulation of ocular lens development by Smad-interacting protein 1 involving Foxe3 activation. Development. 2005;132:4437-48 pubmed..26 kb promoter, and are separate from lens-specific regulation. This is the first demonstration of the significance of Smad interaction in modulating Sip1 activity. ..
- Pirity M, Wang W, Wolf L, Tamm E, Schreiber Agus N, Cvekl A. Rybp, a polycomb complex-associated protein, is required for mouse eye development. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:39 pubmed..We propose that the multiple functions for Rybp in regulating mouse retinal and lens development are mediated by genetic, epigenetic and physical interactions between these genes and proteins. ..
- Dimanlig P, Faber S, Auerbach W, Makarenkova H, Lang R. The upstream ectoderm enhancer in Pax6 has an important role in lens induction. Development. 2001;128:4415-24 pubmed..This pathway forms a basis for future analysis of lens induction mechanism. ..
- Suzuki T, Li W, Zhang Q, Karim A, Novak E, Sviderskaya E, et al. Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome is caused by mutations in HPS4, the human homolog of the mouse light-ear gene. Nat Genet. 2002;30:321-4 pubmed..In addition, the HPS1 protein is absent in tissues of le mutant mice. These results suggest that the HPS4 and HPS1 proteins may function in the same pathway of organelle biogenesis. ..
- Hulsebos T, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N. The beta crystallin genes on human chromosome 22 define a new region of homology with mouse chromosome 5. Genomics. 1995;25:574-6 pubmedThe human beta crystallin genes CRYBB2, CRYBB2P1, CRYBB3, and CRYBA4 are located in 22q11.2. Using interspecific backcross analysis, we mapped the mouse homologues of CRYBB2, CRYBB3, and CRYBA4 (i.e...