Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cryba2
Description: crystallin, beta A2
Alias: E130107M19Rik, beta-crystallin A2, beta-A2 crystallin, betaA2-crystallin, lens structural protein
- Ring B, Cordes S, Overbeek P, Barsh G. Regulation of mouse lens fiber cell development and differentiation by the Maf gene. Development. 2000;127:307-17 pubmed..Our results indicate that Maf directly activates many if not all of the (beta)-crystallin genes, and suggest a model for coordinating cell cycle withdrawal with terminal differentiation. ..
- Sergeev Y, Hejtmancik J, Wingfield P. Energetics of domain-domain interactions and entropy driven association of beta-crystallins. Biochemistry. 2004;43:415-24 pubmed
- Yoshimoto A, Saigou Y, Higashi Y, Kondoh H. Regulation of ocular lens development by Smad-interacting protein 1 involving Foxe3 activation. Development. 2005;132:4437-48 pubmed..26 kb promoter, and are separate from lens-specific regulation. This is the first demonstration of the significance of Smad interaction in modulating Sip1 activity. ..
- Puk O, Ahmad N, Wagner S, Hrabe de Angelis M, Graw J. First mutation in the ?A2-crystallin encoding gene is associated with small lenses and age-related cataracts. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2571-6 pubmed publisher..Using a positional candidate approach, the ?A2-crystallin encoding gene Cryba2 was sequenced; a T?C exchange at cDNA position 139 led to a p.S47P amino-acid alteration...
- Min J, Zhang Y, Moskophidis D, Mivechi N. Unique contribution of heat shock transcription factor 4 in ocular lens development and fiber cell differentiation. Genesis. 2004;40:205-17 pubmed..Mutations in genes controlling eye development and in lens structural protein genes are associated with multiple ocular developmental disorders, including cataracts and other ..