Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX2
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit II
- Xin X, Majumder M, Girish G, Mohindra V, Maruyama T, Lala P. Targeting COX-2 and EP4 to control tumor growth, angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis and metastasis to the lungs and lymph nodes in a breast cancer model. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1115-28 pubmed publisher..We suggest that EP4 antagonists deserve clinical testing for chemo-intervention of lymphatic metastasis in human breast cancer. ..
- Yang H, Brosel S, Acin Perez R, Slavkovich V, Nishino I, Khan R, et al. Analysis of mouse models of cytochrome c oxidase deficiency owing to mutations in Sco2. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:170-80 pubmed publisher..These mouse models should be of use in further studies of Sco2 function, as well as in testing therapeutic approaches to treat the human disorder. ..
- Liu H, Ye W, Guan G, Dong Z, Jia Z, Yang T. Developmental regulation of calcineurin isoforms in the rodent kidney: association with COX-2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1898-904 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that renal Cn isoforms are subject to normal developmental regulation and they may play a role in postnatal kidney development via interaction with COX-2. ..
- Jo Y, Cheng H, Wang S, Moeckel G, Harris R. Puromycin induces reversible proteinuric injury in transgenic mice expressing cyclooxygenase-2 in podocytes. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2007;107:e87-94 pubmed..In summary, in transgenic mice with podocyte COX-2 overexpression, PAN increased albuminuria and induced foot process fusion. Thus, increased COX-2 expression increased podocyte susceptibility to further injury. ..
- Qi Z, He J, Su Y, He Q, Liu J, Yu L, et al. Physical exercise regulates p53 activity targeting SCO2 and increases mitochondrial COX biogenesis in cardiac muscle with age. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21140 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that physical exercise attenuates age-related changes in mitochondrial COX biogenesis and p53 activity targeting SCO2 and mitochondria, and thereby induces antisenescent and protective effects in cardiac muscle. ..
- Arciello M, Capo C, Cozzolino M, Ferri A, Nencini M, Carri M, et al. Inactivation of cytochrome c oxidase by mutant SOD1s in mouse motoneuronal NSC-34 cells is independent from copper availability but is because of nitric oxide. J Neurochem. 2010;112:183-92 pubmed publisher..These results support the involvement of NO in mutant SOD1s-induced Cytox damage, and mitochondrial toxicity. ..
- Bayona Bafaluy M, Acin Perez R, Mullikin J, Park J, Moreno Loshuertos R, Hu P, et al. Revisiting the mouse mitochondrial DNA sequence. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:5349-55 pubmed..Consequently, the mtDNA of the strain used for the mouse genome project (C57BL/6J) is proposed as the new standard for the mouse mtDNA sequence. ..
- Xu L, Miyoshi H, Nishimura K, Jisaka M, Nagaya T, Yokota K. Gene expression of isoformic enzymes in arachidonate cyclooxygenase pathway and the regulation by tumor necrosis factor alpha during life cycle of adipocytes. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2007;83:213-8 pubmed..The action of TNFalpha on preadipocytes can be modulated by the production of endogenous PGs through the induction of COX-2. ..
- Ansari K, Sung Y, He G, Fischer S. Prostaglandin receptor EP2 is responsible for cyclooxygenase-2 induction by prostaglandin E2 in mouse skin. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:2063-8 pubmed..Taken together, EP2 activation of the PKA/CREB-signaling pathway is responsible for keratinocyte proliferation and our findings reveal a positive feedback loop between COX-2 and PGE2 that is mediated by the EP2 receptor. ..
- Ma K, Langenbach R, Rapoport S, Basselin M. Altered brain lipid composition in cyclooxygenase-2 knockout mouse. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:848-54 pubmed..A lifetime absence of COX-2 produces multiple changes in brain lipid composition. These changes may be related to reported changes in fatty acid kinetics and in resistance to neuroinflammation and excitotoxicity in the COX-2(-/-) mouse. ..
- Boerner J, Demory M, Silva C, Parsons S. Phosphorylation of Y845 on the epidermal growth factor receptor mediates binding to the mitochondrial protein cytochrome c oxidase subunit II. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7059-71 pubmed
- Basu S, Pathak S, Pathak S, Bhattacharyya A, Banerjee A, Kundu M, et al. Mycobacterium avium-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression occurs in a cyclooxygenase-2-dependent manner and involves phosphorylation- and acetylation-dependent chromatin modification. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:2804-16 pubmed..avium...
- Wagner C, de Wit C, Gerl M, Kurtz A, Hocherl K. Increased expression of cyclooxygenase 2 contributes to aberrant renin production in connexin 40-deficient kidneys. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;293:R1781-6 pubmed..Apparently, these disseminated cells do not contribute to the enhanced renin secretion rates of Cx40-deficient kidneys. ..
- Yang N, Zhang W, Shi X. Glucocorticoid-induced leucine zipper (GILZ) mediates glucocorticoid action and inhibits inflammatory cytokine-induced COX-2 expression. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1760-71 pubmed..Our results suggest that GILZ is a key glucocorticoid effect mediator and that GILZ may have therapeutic value for novel anti-inflammation therapies. ..
- Yun K, Im S. Lef1 regulates COX-2 transcription in chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:270-5 pubmed..Moreover, binding of Lef1 and beta-catenin to the Lef1-binding site transactivates COX-2 promoter activity. Our results indicate a pivotal role of Lef1 in the regulation of COX-2 transcription in arthritic chondrocytes. ..
- Shiraishi Y, Asano K, Niimi K, Fukunaga K, Wakaki M, Kagyo J, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2/prostaglandin D2/CRTH2 pathway mediates double-stranded RNA-induced enhancement of allergic airway inflammation. J Immunol. 2008;180:541-9 pubmed