Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cops8
Description: COP9 signalosome subunit 8
Alias: 9430009J09Rik, AA408242, Csn8, Sgn8, COP9 signalosome complex subunit 8, COP9 (constitutive photomorphogenic) homolog, subunit 8, COP9 homolog, JAB1-containing signalosome subunit 8, signalosome subunit 8
- Tomoda K, Kubota Y, Arata Y, Mori S, Maeda M, Tanaka T, et al. The cytoplasmic shuttling and subsequent degradation of p27Kip1 mediated by Jab1/CSN5 and the COP9 signalosome complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2302-10 pubmed..These results indicate that cytoplasmic shuttling regulated by Jab1/CSN5 and other CSN components may be a new pathway to control the intracellular abundance of the key cell cycle regulator. ..
- Lykke Andersen K, Wei N. Gene structure and embryonic expression of mouse COP9 signalosome subunit 8 (Csn8). Gene. 2003;321:65-72 pubmedb>Csn8 is the smallest subunit of the constitutively photomorphogenic 9 (COP9) signalosome (CSN), which consists of eight distinct components...
- Huang X, Langelotz C, Hetfeld Pechoc B, Schwenk W, Dubiel W. The COP9 signalosome mediates beta-catenin degradation by deneddylation and blocks adenomatous polyposis coli destruction via USP15. J Mol Biol. 2009;391:691-702 pubmed publisher..A model is provided that proposes a role of CSN-mediated deneddylation in the formation of the beta-catenin-degrading supercomplex and the protection of complex-bound APC via CSN-associated USP15. ..
- Pick E, Golan A, Zimbler J, Guo L, Sharaby Y, Tsuge T, et al. The minimal deneddylase core of the COP9 signalosome excludes the Csn6 MPN- domain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43980 pubmed publisher..We propose that the budding yeast Csi1 is a functional equivalent of the canonical Csn6, and thus the composition of the CSN across phyla is more conserved than hitherto appreciated. ..
- Liu C, Guo L, Menon S, Jin D, Pick E, Wang X, et al. COP9 signalosome subunit Csn8 is involved in maintaining proper duration of the G1 phase. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20443-52 pubmed publisher..Genetic disruption of a CSN gene causes arrest during early embryonic development in mice. The Csn8 subunit is the smallest and the least conserved subunit, being absent from the CSN complex of several fungal ..
- Lei D, Li F, Su H, Liu J, Wei N, Wang X. Hepatic deficiency of COP9 signalosome subunit 8 induces ubiquitin-proteasome system impairment and Bim-mediated apoptosis in murine livers. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67793 pubmed publisher..Hepatocyte-specific knockout of the Cops8 gene (HS-Csn8KO) was shown to cause massive hepatocyte apoptosis and liver malfunction but the underlying ..
- Carrabino S, Carminati E, Talarico D, Pardi R, Bianchi E. Expression pattern of the JAB1/CSN5 gene during murine embryogenesis: colocalization with NEDD8. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:423-31 pubmed
- Su H, Li J, Zhang H, Ma W, Wei N, Liu J, et al. COP9 signalosome controls the degradation of cytosolic misfolded proteins and protects against cardiac proteotoxicity. Circ Res. 2015;117:956-66 pubmed publisher..The cullin deneddylation activity of the COP9 signalosome (CSN) requires all 8 CSN subunits (CSN1 through CSN8) and regulates cullin-RING ligases, thereby controlling ubiquitination of a large number of proteins; however, ..
- Su H, Li J, Osinska H, Li F, Robbins J, Liu J, et al. The COP9 signalosome is required for autophagy, proteasome-mediated proteolysis, and cardiomyocyte survival in adult mice. Circ Heart Fail. 2013;6:1049-57 pubmed publisher..CSN) is an evolutionarily conserved protein complex composed of 8 unique protein subunits (CSN1 through CSN8)...
- Su H, Huang W, Wang X. The COP9 signalosome negatively regulates proteasome proteolytic function and is essential to transcription. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:615-24 pubmed publisherThe COP9 signalosome (CSN) is an evolutionarily conserved protein complex formed by eight subunits (CSN1 through CSN8). Deneddylating cullin family proteins is considered the bona fide function of the CSN...
- Menon S, Tsuge T, Dohmae N, Takio K, Wei N. Association of SAP130/SF3b-3 with Cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase complexes and its regulation by the COP9 signalosome. BMC Biochem. 2008;9:1 pubmed publisher..As an established component of transcription and RNA processing complexes, we hypothesis that SAP130 may link CRL mediated ubiquitination to gene expression. ..