Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Commd10
Description: COMM domain containing 10
Alias: 2310003A05Rik, AU019438, DRWMS2, Tg(Vav1-icre)A2Kio, Vav-cre, Vav-iCre, Vav1-Cre, VavCre, COMM domain-containing protein 10, Tg(Vav1-cre)1Kio, Tg(Vav1-cre)A2Kio, down-regulated in W/WV mouse stomach 2, mDRWMS2
- Ding L, Saunders T, Enikolopov G, Morrison S. Endothelial and perivascular cells maintain haematopoietic stem cells. Nature. 2012;481:457-62 pubmed publisher..Most HSCs were lost when Scf was deleted from both endothelial and Lepr-expressing perivascular cells. Thus, HSCs reside in a perivascular niche in which multiple cell types express factors that promote HSC maintenance. ..
- Long C, Wang Y, Herrera A, Horiuchi K, Walcheck B. In vivo role of leukocyte ADAM17 in the inflammatory and host responses during E. coli-mediated peritonitis. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;87:1097-101 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study provides novel in vivo evidence of the instrumental role of ADAM17 in modulating inflammation and host resistance during Gram-negative bacterial infection. ..
- Tiedt R, Hao Shen H, Sobas M, Looser R, Dirnhofer S, Schwaller J, et al. Ratio of mutant JAK2-V617F to wild-type Jak2 determines the MPD phenotypes in transgenic mice. Blood. 2008;111:3931-40 pubmed..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that the ratio of mutant to wild-type JAK2 is critical for the phenotypic manifestation. A similar correlation was also found in patients with MPD. ..
- Zhao C, Blum J, Chen A, Kwon H, Jung S, Cook J, et al. Loss of beta-catenin impairs the renewal of normal and CML stem cells in vivo. Cancer Cell. 2007;12:528-41 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that Wnt signaling is required for the self-renewal of normal and neoplastic stem cells in the hematopoietic system. ..
- Pan D, Schomber T, Kalberer C, Terracciano L, Hafen K, Krenger W, et al. Normal erythropoiesis but severe polyposis and bleeding anemia in Smad4-deficient mice. Blood. 2007;110:3049-55 pubmed..The same results were obtained when Smad4 alleles were deleted selectively in hematopoietic cells using the VavCre transgenic mice...
- Park S, Lee S, Lee C, Park G, Hong H, Lee J, et al. Capicua deficiency induces autoimmunity and promotes follicular helper T cell differentiation via derepression of ETV5. Nat Commun. 2017;8:16037 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identify Maf as a downstream target of the CIC-ETV5 axis in this process. These data demonstrate that CIC maintains T-cell homeostasis and negatively regulates TFH cell development and autoimmunity. ..
- Williams Bey Y, Boularan C, Vural A, Huang N, Hwang I, Shan Shi C, et al. Omega-3 free fatty acids suppress macrophage inflammasome activation by inhibiting NF-?B activation and enhancing autophagy. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97957 pubmed publisher..Thus, DHA suppresses inflammasome activation by two distinct mechanisms, inhibiting the initial priming step and by augmenting autophagy, which limits inflammasome activity. ..
- Long C, Hosseinkhani M, Wang Y, Sriramarao P, Walcheck B. ADAM17 activation in circulating neutrophils following bacterial challenge impairs their recruitment. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;92:667-72 pubmed publisher..Disrupting only the shedding of L-selectin, however, did not increase bacterial clearance, indicating that additional substrates also contribute to the detrimental role of ADAM17 during severe infection. ..
- Guitart A, Panagopoulou T, Villacreces A, Vukovic M, Sepúlveda C, Allen L, et al. Fumarate hydratase is a critical metabolic regulator of hematopoietic stem cell functions. J Exp Med. 2017;214:719-735 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify novel roles for fumarate metabolism in HSC maintenance and hematopoietic differentiation and reveal a differential requirement for mitochondrial Fh1 in normal hematopoiesis and leukemia propagation. ..
- Kode A, Mosialou I, Manavalan S, Rathinam C, Friedman R, Teruya Feldstein J, et al. FoxO1-dependent induction of acute myeloid leukemia by osteoblasts in mice. Leukemia. 2016;30:1-13 pubmed publisher..These observations support the notion that the bone marrow niche is an instigator of leukemia and raise the prospect that FoxO1 oncogenic properties may occur in other tissues. ..
- Deng Z, Ma S, Zhou H, Zang A, Fang Y, Li T, et al. Tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 mediates C-type lectin receptor-induced activation of the kinase Syk and anti-fungal TH17 responses. Nat Immunol. 2015;16:642-52 pubmed publisher..Together our data reveal a mechanism by which SHP-2 mediates the activation of Syk in response to fungal infection. ..
- Arndt P, Strahan B, Wang Y, Long C, Horiuchi K, Walcheck B. Leukocyte ADAM17 regulates acute pulmonary inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19938 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study suggests that leukocyte ADAM17 promotes inflammation in the lung, and thus this sheddase may be a potential target in the design of pharmacologic therapies for acute lung injury. ..
- Singbrant S, Karlsson G, Ehinger M, Olsson K, Jaako P, Miharada K, et al. Canonical BMP signaling is dispensable for hematopoietic stem cell function in both adult and fetal liver hematopoiesis, but essential to preserve colon architecture. Blood. 2010;115:4689-98 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, canonical BMP signaling is not required to maintain either adult or fetal liver hematopoiesis, despite its crucial role in the initial patterning of hematopoiesis in early embryonic development. ..
- Kerenyi M, Shao Z, Hsu Y, Guo G, Luc S, O Brien K, et al. Histone demethylase Lsd1 represses hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell signatures during blood cell maturation. elife. 2013;2:e00633 pubmed publisher..DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00633.001. ..
- A Gonzalez N, Guillen J, Gallardo G, Diaz M, de la Rosa J, Hernandez I, et al. The nuclear receptor LXR? controls the functional specialization of splenic macrophages. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:831-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that signaling via LXR? in myeloid cells is crucial for the generation of splenic MZ macrophages and identify an unprecedented role for a nuclear receptor in the generation of specialized macrophage subsets. ..
- Abdulaal W, Walker C, Costello R, Redondo Castro E, Mufazalov I, Papaemmanouil A, et al. Characterization of a conditional interleukin-1 receptor 1 mouse mutant using the Cre/LoxP system. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:912-8 pubmed publisher..We are currently crossing IL-1R1(fl/fl) mice with different Cre-expressing mice in order to study mechanisms of acute and chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Chu M, Li T, Shen B, Cao X, Zhong H, Zhang L, et al. Angiopoietin receptor Tie2 is required for vein specification and maintenance via regulating COUP-TFII. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Together, our results imply that Tie2 is essential for venous specification and maintenance via Akt mediated stabilization of COUP-TFII. ..
- Becker A, Walcheck B, Bhattacharya D. ADAM17 limits the expression of CSF1R on murine hematopoietic progenitors. Exp Hematol. 2015;43:44-52.e1-3 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that ADAM17 limits CSF1R protein expression on hematopoietic progenitors, but that compensatory mechanisms prevent elevated CSF1R levels from altering lymphoid progenitor potential. ..
- Fahs S, Hille M, Shi Q, Weiler H, Montgomery R. A conditional knockout mouse model reveals endothelial cells as the principal and possibly exclusive source of plasma factor VIII. Blood. 2014;123:3706-13 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that endothelial cells are the predominant, and possibly exclusive, source of plasma FVIII. ..
- Kosan C, Saba I, Godmann M, Herold S, Herkert B, Eilers M, et al. Transcription factor miz-1 is required to regulate interleukin-7 receptor signaling at early commitment stages of B cell differentiation. Immunity. 2010;33:917-28 pubmed publisher..Only the combined re-expression of Bcl2 and Ebf1 could reconstitute the ability of Miz-1-deficient precursors to develop into CD19(+) B cells. ..
- Kanayama M, Xu S, Danzaki K, Gibson J, Inoue M, Gregory S, et al. Skewing of the population balance of lymphoid and myeloid cells by secreted and intracellular osteopontin. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:973-984 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests previously unknown detrimental roles for two OPN isoforms in causing the imbalance of leukocyte populations. ..
- Murakami S, Suzuki T, Harigae H, Romeo P, Yamamoto M, Motohashi H. NRF2 Activation Impairs Quiescence and Bone Marrow Reconstitution Capacity of Hematopoietic Stem Cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..We propose that the appropriate control of NRF2 activity by KEAP1 is essential for maintaining HSCs and guarantees their stress-induced regenerative response. ..
- Cole C, Verdoni A, Ketkar S, Leight E, Russler Germain D, Lamprecht T, et al. PML-RARA requires DNA methyltransferase 3A to initiate acute promyelocytic leukemia. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:85-98 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, both the PML-RARA-driven competitive transplantation advantage and development of acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) required DNMT3A. Together, these findings suggest that PML-RARA requires DNMT3A to initiate APL in mice. ..
- Liu L, Yin Y, Li Y, Prevedel L, LACY E, Ma L, et al. Essential role of the CUL4B ubiquitin ligase in extra-embryonic tissue development during mouse embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2012;22:1258-69 pubmed publisher..Our study offers a strategy to generate viable Cul4b-deficient mice to model the potential neuronal and behavioral deficiencies of human CUL4B XLMR patients. ..
- Hao Z, Cairns R, Inoue S, Li W, Sheng Y, Lemonnier F, et al. Idh1 mutations contribute to the development of T-cell malignancies in genetically engineered mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:1387-92 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that mutant IDH1 contributes to malignancy in the T-cell lineage and may alter the metabolic profile of malignant T cells. ..
- Porter S, Cluster A, Yang W, Busken K, Patel R, Ryoo J, et al. Fetal and neonatal hematopoietic progenitors are functionally and transcriptionally resistant to Flt3-ITD mutations. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Changes in the transcriptional states of developing hematopoietic progenitors may generally shape the mutation spectra of human leukemias. ..
- Van Ziffle J, Lowell C. Neutrophil-specific deletion of Syk kinase results in reduced host defense to bacterial infection. Blood. 2009;114:4871-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that loss of Syk kinase-mediated integrin signaling impairs leukocyte activation, leading to reduced host defense responses. ..
- Wei W, Yang Z, Tang C, Liu L. Targeted deletion of GSNOR in hepatocytes of mice causes nitrosative inactivation of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase and increased sensitivity to genotoxic diethylnitrosamine. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:973-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings suggest that nitrosative inactivation of AGT from GSNOR deficiency might sensitize cancerous cells to alkylating drugs in cancer treatment. ..
- Yang M, Hilton M, Seaman S, Haines D, Nagashima K, Burks C, et al. Essential regulation of lung surfactant homeostasis by the orphan G protein-coupled receptor GPR116. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1457-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, GPR116 plays an indispensable role in lung surfactant homeostasis with important ramifications for the understanding and treatment of lung surfactant disorders. ..
- Sun B, Mallampati S, Gong Y, Wang D, Lefebvre V, Sun X. Sox4 is required for the survival of pro-B cells. J Immunol. 2013;190:2080-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Sox4 is required for the survival of pro-B cells and may functionally interact with c-Kit and Bcl2. ..
- McGuire V, Gray A, Monk C, Santos S, Lee K, Aubareda A, et al. Cross talk between the Akt and p38? pathways in macrophages downstream of Toll-like receptor signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4152-65 pubmed publisher..These data describe a novel role for p38?-MK2/3 in regulating TLR-induced Akt activation in macrophages. ..
- Welinder E, Mansson R, Mercer E, Bryder D, Sigvardsson M, Murre C. The transcription factors E2A and HEB act in concert to induce the expression of FOXO1 in the common lymphoid progenitor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17402-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, the data indicate that the earliest event in B-cell specification involves the induction of FOXO1 expression and requires the combined activities of E2A and HEB. ..
- McDonald B, Bunker J, Erickson S, Oh Hora M, Bendelac A. Crossreactive Î±Î² T Cell Receptors Are the Predominant Targets of Thymocyte Negative Selection. Immunity. 2015;43:859-69 pubmed publisher..Thus, broadly crossreactive TCRs arise at low frequency in the pre-selection repertoire but constitute the primary drivers of thymic negative selection and iIEL lineage differentiation. ..
- Coady A, Sil A. MyD88-dependent signaling drives host survival and early cytokine production during Histoplasma capsulatum infection. Infect Immun. 2015;83:1265-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this work reveals a central role for MyD88 in coordinating the innate and adaptive immune responses to infection with this ubiquitous fungal pathogen of humans. ..
- Wang L, Benedito R, Bixel M, Zeuschner D, Stehling M, Savendahl L, et al. Identification of a clonally expanding haematopoietic compartment in bone marrow. EMBO J. 2013;32:219-30 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a previously unrecognized, vessel-associated BM compartment with a specific localization and properties distinct from the marrow cavity. ..
- Knight Z, Schmidt S, Birsoy K, Tan K, Friedman J. A critical role for mTORC1 in erythropoiesis and anemia. elife. 2014;3:e01913 pubmed publisher..These results identify the mTORC1 pathway as a critical regulator of RBC growth and proliferation and establish that perturbations in this pathway result in anemia. ..
- Tsalavos S, Segklia K, Passa O, Petryk A, O Connor M, Graf D. Involvement of twisted gastrulation in T cell-independent plasma cell production. J Immunol. 2011;186:6860-70 pubmed publisher..In summary, our observations on the role of TWSG1 in B cell function is opening new paths toward the exploration of the role of BMP signaling in immunological processes. ..
- Klein Hessling S, Rudolf R, Muhammad K, Knobeloch K, Maqbool M, Cauchy P, et al. A threshold level of NFATc1 activity facilitates thymocyte differentiation and opposes notch-driven leukaemia development. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11841 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show NFATc1 activity is crucial in determining the T-cell fate of thymocytes. ..
- Vilagos B, Hoffmann M, Souabni A, Sun Q, Werner B, Medvedovic J, et al. Essential role of EBF1 in the generation and function of distinct mature B cell types. J Exp Med. 2012;209:775-92 pubmed publisher..These gain- and loss-of-function analyses uncovered novel important functions of EBF1 in controlling B cell immunity. ..
- Oh Hora M, Komatsu N, Pishyareh M, Feske S, Hori S, Taniguchi M, et al. Agonist-selected T cell development requires strong T cell receptor signaling and store-operated calcium entry. Immunity. 2013;38:881-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, STIM1 and STIM2-mediated store-operated Ca2+ influx, leading to efficient activation of NFAT (nuclear factor of activated T cells), is critical for the postselection maturation of agonist-selected T cells. ..
- Scheiermann C, Kunisaki Y, Lucas D, Chow A, Jang J, Zhang D, et al. Adrenergic nerves govern circadian leukocyte recruitment to tissues. Immunity. 2012;37:290-301 pubmed publisher..These data provide unique insights in the leukocyte adhesion cascade and the potential for time-based therapeutics for transplantation and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Weinreich M, Odumade O, Jameson S, Hogquist K. T cells expressing the transcription factor PLZF regulate the development of memory-like CD8+ T cells. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:709-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a previously unknown mechanism of regulation of CD8(+) T cells via the production of IL-4 by PLZF(+) T cells. ..
- Herbin O, Regelmann A, Ramkhelawon B, Weinstein E, Moore K, Alexandropoulos K. Monocyte Adhesion and Plaque Recruitment During Atherosclerosis Development Is Regulated by the Adapter Protein Chat-H/SHEP1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:1791-801 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight Chat-H as a key protein that regulates atherosclerosis development by controlling monocyte adhesion and recruitment to the plaques and identify a novel target that may be exploited for treating atherosclerosis. ..
- Srinivasan R, Geng X, Yang Y, Wang Y, Mukatira S, Studer M, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor Coup-TFII is required for the initiation and early maintenance of Prox1 expression in lymphatic endothelial cells. Genes Dev. 2010;24:696-707 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that the direct interaction between nuclear hormone receptors and Prox1 is also necessary for the maintenance of Prox1 expression during early stages of LEC specification and differentiation. ..
- Huebener P, Pradere J, Hernandez C, Gwak G, Caviglia J, Mu X, et al. The HMGB1/RAGE axis triggers neutrophil-mediated injury amplification following necrosis. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:539-50 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes HMGB1 as a bona fide and targetable DAMP that selectively triggers a neutrophil-mediated injury amplification loop in the setting of necrosis. ..
- Schwickert T, Tagoh H, Gultekin S, Dakic A, Axelsson E, Minnich M, et al. Stage-specific control of early B cell development by the transcription factor Ikaros. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:283-93 pubmed publisher..Notably, binding of Ikaros and expression of its target genes were dynamically regulated at distinct stages of early B lymphopoiesis. ..
- You L, Li L, Zou J, Yan K, Belle J, Nijnik A, et al. BRPF1 is essential for development of fetal hematopoietic stem cells. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:3247-62 pubmed publisher..These results identify an essential role of the multivalent chromatin regulator BRPF1 in definitive hematopoiesis and illuminate a potentially new avenue for studying epigenetic networks that govern HSC ontogeny. ..
- Geng J, Sun X, Wang P, Zhang S, Wang X, Wu H, et al. Kinases Mst1 and Mst2 positively regulate phagocytic induction of reactive oxygen species and bactericidal activity. Nat Immunol. 2015;16:1142-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the TLR-Mst1-Mst2-Rac signaling axis is critical for effective phagosome-mitochondrion function and bactericidal activity. ..
- Rocha P, Raviram R, Fu Y, Kim J, Luo V, Aljoufi A, et al. A Damage-Independent Role for 53BP1 that Impacts Break Order and Igh Architecture during Class Switch Recombination. Cell Rep. 2016;16:48-55 pubmed publisher..Finally, our results explain how changes in Igh architecture in the absence of 53BP1 could promote inversional rearrangements that compromise CSR. ..
- Clausen B, Brand A, Karram K. Surmounting limited gene delivery into primary immune cell populations: Efficient cell type-specific adenoviral transduction by CAR. Eur J Immunol. 2015;45:1596-9 pubmed publisher..Further tweaking of the system towards more efficient gene transfer in vivo remains a future challenge. ..
- Tarnawsky S, Yoshimoto M, Deng L, Chan R, Yoder M. Yolk sac erythromyeloid progenitors expressing gain of function PTPN11 have functional features of JMML but are not sufficient to cause disease in mice. Dev Dyn. 2017;246:1001-1014 pubmed publisher..E9.5 YS EMPs from VavCre+;PTPN11D61Y embryos demonstrated growth hypersensitivity to granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating ..
- Maryanovich M, Zaltsman Y, Ruggiero A, Goldman A, Shachnai L, Zaidman S, et al. An MTCH2 pathway repressing mitochondria metabolism regulates haematopoietic stem cell fate. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7901 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that MTCH2 is a negative regulator of mitochondrial OXPHOS downstream of BID, indispensible in maintaining HSC homeostasis. ..
- Tan Q, Brunetti L, Rousseaux M, Lu H, Wan Y, Revelli J, et al. Loss of Capicua alters early T cell development and predisposes mice to T cell lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E1511-E1519 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that mouse models lacking CIC in the hematopoietic system are robust models for studying the role of RAS signaling as well as NOTCH1 and MYC transcriptional programs in T-ALL. ..
- Rasmussen S, Horan K, Holm C, Stranks A, Mettenleiter T, Simon A, et al. Activation of autophagy by ?-herpesviruses in myeloid cells is mediated by cytoplasmic viral DNA through a mechanism dependent on stimulator of IFN genes. J Immunol. 2011;187:5268-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that HSV-1 genomic DNA induces autophagy in nonpermissive cells in a stimulator of IFN gene-dependent manner. ..
- Smith S, Tripathi R, Goodings C, Cleveland S, MATHIAS E, Hardaway J, et al. LIM domain only-2 (LMO2) induces T-cell leukemia by two distinct pathways. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85883 pubmed publisher..The CD2-Lmo2 transgenic mice offer mechanistic insight into concordant oncogene expression and provide a model for the highly treatment-resistant ETP-ALL subtype. ..
- Riffelmacher T, Clarke A, Richter F, Stranks A, Pandey S, Danielli S, et al. Autophagy-Dependent Generation of Free Fatty Acids Is Critical for Normal Neutrophil Differentiation. Immunity. 2017;47:466-480.e5 pubmed publisher..Together, we show that autophagy-mediated lipolysis provides free fatty acids to support a mitochondrial respiration pathway essential to neutrophil differentiation. ..
- Yang M, Chen S, Du J, He J, Wang Y, Li Z, et al. NK cell development requires Tsc1-dependent negative regulation of IL-15-triggered mTORC1 activation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12730 pubmed publisher..Tsc1-deficient NK cells express increased levels of T-bet and downregulate Eomes and CD122, a subunit of IL-15 receptor. These results reveal a role for Tsc1-dependent inhibition of mTORC1 activation during immature NK cell development. ..
- Lee K, Heffington L, Jellusova J, Nam K, Raybuck A, Cho S, et al. Requirement for Rictor in homeostasis and function of mature B lymphoid cells. Blood. 2013;122:2369-79 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the findings provide evidence that mTOR signaling affects survival and proliferation of mature B lymphocytes, and establish Rictor as an important signal relay in B-cell homeostasis, fate, and functions. ..
- Jee D, Yang J, Park S, Farmer D, Wen J, Chou T, et al. Dual Strategies for Argonaute2-Mediated Biogenesis of Erythroid miRNAs Underlie Conserved Requirements for Slicing in Mammals. Mol Cell. 2018;69:265-278.e6 pubmed publisher..Overall, the mammalian hematopoietic system has evolved multiple conserved requirements for Slicer-dependent miRNA biogenesis. ..
- Yoo S, You S, Yoon H, Kim D, Kim H, Lee K, et al. A novel pathogenic role of the ER chaperone GRP78/BiP in rheumatoid arthritis. J Exp Med. 2012;209:871-86 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study shows that the ER chaperone GRP78 is crucial for synoviocyte proliferation and angiogenesis, the pathological hallmark of RA. ..
- Yagi R, Zhong C, Northrup D, Yu F, Bouladoux N, Spencer S, et al. The transcription factor GATA3 is critical for the development of all IL-7RÎ±-expressing innate lymphoid cells. Immunity. 2014;40:378-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, GATA3 plays parallel roles in regulating the development and functions of CD4(+) T cells and IL-7RÎ±(+) ILCs. ..
- Almeida A, Arroz Madeira S, Fonseca Pereira D, Ribeiro H, Lasrado R, Pachnis V, et al. RET/GFR? signals are dispensable for thymic T cell development in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52949 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrate that RET/GFR? signals are dispensable for thymic T cell development in vivo, indicating that pharmacological targeting of RET signalling in tumours is not likely to result in T cell production failure. ..
- Katsumoto T, Kudo M, Chen C, Sundaram A, Callahan E, Zhu J, et al. The phosphatase CD148 promotes airway hyperresponsiveness through SRC family kinases. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2037-48 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify CD148 and the SFKs it regulates in ASM as potential targets for the treatment of AHR...
- Abram C, Roberge G, Hu Y, Lowell C. Comparative analysis of the efficiency and specificity of myeloid-Cre deleting strains using ROSA-EYFP reporter mice. J Immunol Methods. 2014;408:89-100 pubmed publisher..By focusing on myeloid subsets, we directly compare the relative efficiency and specificity of myeloid deletion in these strains under steady-state conditions. ..
- Guerrini M, Okamoto K, Komatsu N, Sawa S, Danks L, Penninger J, et al. Inhibition of the TNF Family Cytokine RANKL Prevents Autoimmune Inflammation in the Central Nervous System. Immunity. 2015;43:1174-85 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of RANKL prevented the development of EAE without affecting the peripheral immune response, indicating that RANKL is a potential therapeutic target for treating autoimmune diseases in the CNS. ..
- Sasaki M, Knobbe C, MUNGER J, Lind E, Brenner D, Brüstle A, et al. IDH1(R132H) mutation increases murine haematopoietic progenitors and alters epigenetics. Nature. 2012;488:656-9 pubmed publisher..Our report thus sheds light on the mechanistic links between IDH1 mutation and human AML. ..
- Inoue D, Abdel Wahab O. Modeling SF3B1 Mutations in Cancer: Advances, Challenges, and Opportunities. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:371-373 pubmed publisher..The knockin mouse model described represents a valuable tool to dissect the effects of SF3B1 mutations on transformation, splicing, and less well-characterized functions of SF3B1. ..
- Nakada D, Oguro H, Levi B, Ryan N, Kitano A, Saitoh Y, et al. Oestrogen increases haematopoietic stem-cell self-renewal in females and during pregnancy. Nature. 2014;505:555-8 pubmed publisher..Oestrogen/ER? signalling promotes haematopoietic stem-cell self-renewal, expanding splenic haematopoietic stem cells and erythropoiesis during pregnancy. ..
- Huebener P, Gwak G, Pradere J, Quinzii C, Friedman R, Lin C, et al. High-mobility group box 1 is dispensable for autophagy, mitochondrial quality control, and organ function in vivo. Cell Metab. 2014;19:539-47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that HMGB1 is dispensable for autophagy, mitochondrial quality control, the regulation of gene expression, and organ function in the adult organism. ..
- Tsukasaki M, Komatsu N, Nagashima K, Nitta T, Pluemsakunthai W, Shukunami C, et al. Host defense against oral microbiota by bone-damaging T cells. Nat Commun. 2018;9:701 pubmed publisher..Thus, bone-damaging T cells, which may have developed to stop local infection by inducing tooth loss, function as a double-edged sword by protecting against pathogens while also inducing skeletal tissue degradation. ..
- Ramo K, Sugamura K, Craige S, Keaney J, Davis R. Suppression of ischemia in arterial occlusive disease by JNK-promoted native collateral artery development. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Our analysis demonstrates that the MLK-JNK signaling pathway is a key regulatory mechanism that protects against ischemia in arterial occlusive disease. ..
- Banerjee A, Northrup D, Boukarabila H, Jacobsen S, Allman D. Transcriptional repression of Gata3 is essential for early B cell commitment. Immunity. 2013;38:930-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, EBF1 binding to Gata3 regulatory sites induced repressive histone modifications across this region. These data identify a transcriptional circuit critical for B cell lineage commitment. ..
- Yu S, Zhou X, Steinke F, Liu C, Chen S, Zagorodna O, et al. The TCF-1 and LEF-1 transcription factors have cooperative and opposing roles in T cell development and malignancy. Immunity. 2012;37:813-26 pubmed publisher..TCF-1 thus has dual roles, i.e., acting cooperatively with LEF-1 to promote thymocyte maturation while restraining LEF-1 expression to prevent malignant transformation of developing thymocytes. ..
- Nakagawa M, Thummar K, Mandelbaum J, Pasqualucci L, RATHINAM C. Lack of the ubiquitin-editing enzyme A20 results in loss of hematopoietic stem cell quiescence. J Exp Med. 2015;212:203-16 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that our experiments will facilitate the understanding of mechanisms through which A20-mediated inflammatory signals control HSC quiescence and functions. ..
- Satpathy A, Briseño C, Cai X, Michael D, Chou C, Hsiung S, et al. Runx1 and Cbf? regulate the development of Flt3+ dendritic cell progenitors and restrict myeloproliferative disorder. Blood. 2014;123:2968-77 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Runx proteins and Cbf? restrict granulocyte lineage commitment to facilitate multilineage hematopoietic differentiation and thus identify their novel tumor suppressor function in myeloid leukemia. ..
- Lu K, Nakagawa M, Thummar K, RATHINAM C. Slicer Endonuclease Argonaute 2 Is a Negative Regulator of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Quiescence. Stem Cells. 2016;34:1343-53 pubmed publisher..In essence, our study identified Ago2 as a key determinant of quiescence exit in HSCs. Stem Cells 2016;34:1343-1353. ..
- Anjos Afonso F, Loizou J, Bradburn A, Kanu N, Purewal S, Da Costa C, et al. Perturbed hematopoiesis in mice lacking ATMIN. Blood. 2016;128:2017-2021 pubmed publisher..ATMIN, therefore, has multiple roles in different cell types, and its absence results in perturbed hematopoiesis, especially during stress conditions and aging. ..