Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Col8a1
Description: collagen, type VIII, alpha 1
Alias: Col8a-1, collagen alpha-1(VIII) chain, procollagen type VIII alpha 1
- Cherepanova O, Pidkovka N, Sarmento O, Yoshida T, Gan Q, Adiguzel E, et al. Oxidized phospholipids induce type VIII collagen expression and vascular smooth muscle cell migration. Circ Res. 2009;104:609-18 pubmed publisher..POVPC increased expression of type VIII collagen alpha1 chain (Col8a1) mRNA in cultured VSMCs and in vivo in rat carotid arteries by 9-fold and 4-fold, respectively...
- Zhao Y, Jia L, Mao X, Xu H, Wang B, Liu Y. siRNA-targeted COL8A1 inhibits proliferation, reduces invasion and enhances sensitivity to D-limonence treatment in hepatocarcinoma cells. IUBMB Life. 2009;61:74-9 pubmed publisherThe COL8A1 (collagen type VIII, alpha-1) gene, which encodes the alpha 1 chain of collagen, type VIII, may modulate migration, proliferation and adherence of various cells...
- Hopfer U, Hopfer H, Meyer Schwesinger C, Loeffler I, Fukai N, Olsen B, et al. Lack of type VIII collagen in mice ameliorates diabetic nephropathy. Diabetes. 2009;58:1672-81 pubmed publisher..Finally, Col8a1 was stably overexpressed in mesangial cells...
- Loeffler I, Hopfer U, Koczan D, Wolf G. Type VIII collagen modulates TGF-?1-induced proliferation of mesangial cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:649-63 pubmed publisher..VIII collagen, a nonfibrillar protein that exists as a heterodimer composed of ?1(VIII) and ?2(VIII), encoded by Col8a1 and Col8a2, respectively...
- Schwab K, Patterson L, Hartman H, Song N, Lang R, Lin X, et al. Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney development. BMC Biol. 2007;5:15 pubmed..In mammals, the Pygo1/Pygo2 genes are not absolutely required for canonical Wnt signaling in most developing systems, but rather function as quantitative transducers, or modulators, of Wnt signal intensity. ..
- Kvansakul M, Bogin O, Hohenester E, Yayon A. Crystal structure of the collagen alpha1(VIII) NC1 trimer. Matrix Biol. 2003;22:145-52 pubmed
- Lopes J, Adiguzel E, Gu S, Liu S, Hou G, Heximer S, et al. Type VIII collagen mediates vessel wall remodeling after arterial injury and fibrous cap formation in atherosclerosis. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:2241-53 pubmed publisher..We discovered that apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is an endogenous repressor of the Col8a1 chain, and, therefore, in ApoE knockout mice, type VIII collagen was up-regulated...
- Muragaki Y, Jacenko O, Apte S, Mattei M, Ninomiya Y, Olsen B. The alpha 2(VIII) collagen gene. A novel member of the short chain collagen family located on the human chromosome 1. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:7721-7 pubmed..By in situ hybridization we demonstrate that the alpha 2(VIII) gene is located in the p32.3-p34.3 region of the short arm of chromosome 1. ..