Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Col3a1
Description: collagen, type III, alpha 1
Alias: AW550625, Col3a-1, Tsk-2, Tsk2, collagen alpha-1(III) chain, procollagen, type III, alpha 1
- McCarthy L, Hunter K, Schalkwyk L, Riba L, Anson S, Mott R, et al. Efficient high-resolution genetic mapping of mouse interspersed repetitive sequence PCR products, toward integrated genetic and physical mapping of the mouse genome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:5302-6 pubmed
- Ohsaki Y, Nagata K. Type III collagen is a major component of interodontoblastic fibers of the developing mouse molar root. Anat Rec. 1994;240:308-13 pubmed..This study presents for the first time, immunohistochemical observations which demonstrate the presence of IOF at least during root circumpulpal dentin formation and which reveal that type III collagen is a major component of IOF. ..
- Brisson B, Mauldin E, Lei W, Vogel L, Power A, Lo A, et al. Type III Collagen Directs Stromal Organization and Limits Metastasis in a Murine Model of Breast Cancer. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:1471-86 pubmed publisher..We propose that Col3 plays an important role in the tumor microenvironment by suppressing metastasis-promoting characteristics of the tumor-associated stroma. ..
- Macauley S, Tarnuzzer R, Schultz G, Chegini N, Oxford G, Humphreys Beher M. Extracellular-matrix gene expression during mouse submandibular gland development. Arch Oral Biol. 1997;42:443-54 pubmed
- Le Goff C, Somerville R, Kesteloot F, Powell K, Birk D, Colige A, et al. Regulation of procollagen amino-propeptide processing during mouse embryogenesis by specialization of homologous ADAMTS proteases: insights on collagen biosynthesis and dermatosparaxis. Development. 2006;133:1587-96 pubmed..of Adamts2, Adamts3 and Adamts14, and of the genes encoding the major fibrillar collagens, Col1a1, Col2a1 and Col3a1, during mouse embryogenesis, demonstrated distinct tissue-specific, overlapping expression patterns of the ..
- Holster T, Pakkanen O, Soininen R, Sormunen R, Nokelainen M, Kivirikko K, et al. Loss of assembly of the main basement membrane collagen, type IV, but not fibril-forming collagens and embryonic death in collagen prolyl 4-hydroxylase I null mice. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2512-9 pubmed..The primary cause of death of the null embryos was thus most likely an abnormal assembly of collagen IV. ..
- Carter R, Jain K, Sykes V, Lanning D. Differential expression of procollagen genes between mid- and late-gestational fetal fibroblasts. J Surg Res. 2009;156:90-4 pubmed publisher..This suggests that after 24 h, E15 cells may transition towards an E18 phenotype and corresponding signaling. ..
- Ito Y, Toriuchi N, Yoshitaka T, Ueno Kudoh H, Sato T, Yokoyama S, et al. The Mohawk homeobox gene is a critical regulator of tendon differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:10538-42 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Mkx plays a critical role in tendon differentiation by regulating type I collagen production in tendon cells. ..
- Sterling K. The procollagen type III, alpha 1 (COL3A1) gene first intron expresses poly-A+ RNA corresponding to multiple ESTs and putative miRNAs. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:541-7 pubmed publisherThe mouse COL3A1 first intron is 9684?bp. RNA's of approximately 1.6 and 3...
- Plumb D, Ferrara L, Torbica T, Knowles L, Mironov A, Kadler K, et al. Collagen XXVII organises the pericellular matrix in the growth plate. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29422 pubmed publisher..Collagen XXVII plays an important structural role in the pericellular extracellular matrix of the growth plate and is required for the organisation of the proliferative zone. ..
- Faugeroux J, Nematalla H, Li W, Clement M, Robidel E, Frank M, et al. Angiotensin II promotes thoracic aortic dissections and ruptures in Col3a1 haploinsufficient mice. Hypertension. 2013;62:203-8 pubmed publisherVascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is a dramatic inherited disease caused by mutations of type III collagen (COL3A1) gene, associated with early-onset occurrence of arterial ruptures...
- Kaufman B, Videon N, Zhang X, Harris M, Shaddy R, Goldmuntz E. Procollagen type III amino-terminal propeptide: a serum biomarker of left ventricular remodelling in paediatric dilated cardiomyopathy. Cardiol Young. 2015;25:228-36 pubmed publisher..The diagnostic utility of procollagen type III amino-terminal propeptide to differentiate myocarditis from idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy warrants further investigation. ..
- Long K, Artlett C, Blankenhorn E. Tight skin 2 mice exhibit a novel time line of events leading to increased extracellular matrix deposition and dermal fibrosis. Matrix Biol. 2014;38:91-100 pubmed publisherThe tight skin 2 (Tsk2) mouse model of systemic sclerosis (SSc) has many features of the human disease including tight skin, fibrosis, extracellular matrix abnormalities, and reported antinuclear antibodies (ANA)...
- Buck M, Houglum K, Chojkier M. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits collagen alpha1(I) gene expression and wound healing in a murine model of cachexia. Am J Pathol. 1996;149:195-204 pubmed
- Bermingham N, McKay T, Hoyle J, Hernandez D, Martin J, Fisher E. The gene encoding tripeptidyl peptidase II maps to chromosome 1 in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:390 pubmed
- Smith L, Hadoke P, Dyer E, Denvir M, BROWNSTEIN D, Miller E, et al. Haploinsufficiency of the murine Col3a1 locus causes aortic dissection: a novel model of the vascular type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;90:182-90 pubmed publisher..EDS IV results from mutation of the COL3A1 gene, which encodes the pro-?(1) chains of type III collagen that is secreted into the extracellular matrix, e.g...
- Sgonc R, Dietrich H, Sieberer C, Wick G, Christner P, Jimenez S. Lack of endothelial cell apoptosis in the dermis of tight skin 1 and tight skin 2 mice. Arthritis Rheum. 1999;42:581-4 pubmed
- Peacock J, Lu Y, Koch M, Kadler K, Lincoln J. Temporal and spatial expression of collagens during murine atrioventricular heart valve development and maintenance. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3051-8 pubmed publisher..Of the genes examined, col1a1, col2a1, and col3a1 transcripts are most highly expressed in endocardial cushions...
- Bois P, Southgate L, Jeffreys A. Length of uninterrupted repeats determines instability at the unstable mouse expanded simple tandem repeat family MMS10 derived from independent SINE B1 elements. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:104-11 pubmed..The MMS10 family thus provides a potentially useful murine model for studying dynamic mutation at simple tandem repeats. ..
- Galili N, Baldwin H, Lund J, Reeves R, Gong W, Wang Z, et al. A region of mouse chromosome 16 is syntenic to the DiGeorge, velocardiofacial syndrome minimal critical region. Genome Res. 1997;7:17-26 pubmed..Therefore, if deletion of these genes results in DGS/VCFS in humans, then haploinsufficiencies involving this region of chromosome 16 should recapitulate the developmental field defects characteristic of this syndrome. ..
- Zhu M, Tao J, Vasievich M, Wei W, Zhu G, Khoriaty R, et al. Neural tube opening and abnormal extraembryonic membrane development in SEC23A deficient mice. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15471 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that mammalian SEC23A and SEC23B transport overlapping yet distinct spectra of cargo in vivo. ..
- Barisic Dujmovic T, Boban I, Clark S. Regulation of collagen gene expression in the Tsk2 mouse. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:464-71 pubmedThe tight skin 2 (Tsk2) mutation is an ENU induced dominant mutation localized on mouse chromosome 1...
- Liau G, Mudryj M, de Crombrugghe B. Identification of the promoter and first exon of the mouse alpha 1 (III) collagen gene. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:3773-7 pubmed..When compared to the alpha 1(I) and alpha 2(I) signal peptides, the signal peptide of mouse alpha 1(III) collagen presents less homology than when these segments are compared to each other. ..
- Kozaki K, Miyaishi O, Koiwai O, Yasui Y, Kashiwai A, Nishikawa Y, et al. Isolation, purification, and characterization of a collagen-associated serpin, caspin, produced by murine colon adenocarcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15125-30 pubmed
- Li X, Wu Z, Ni J, Liu Y, Meng J, Yu W, et al. Cathepsin B Regulates Collagen Expression by Fibroblasts via Prolonging TLR2/NF-?B Activation. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:7894247 pubmed publisher..CatB-specific inhibitors may therefore improve chronic inflammation-delayed tissue repair. ..
- Giros B, Pohl M, Rochelle J, Seldin M. Chromosomal localization of opioid peptide and receptor genes in the mouse. Life Sci. 1995;56:PL369-75 pubmed..Interestingly, the gene for the mu receptor is located in the same region as a Quantitative Trait Locus for high morphine consumption, thus raising the possibility of its direct role in drug abuse mechanisms. ..
- Toman P, de Crombrugghe B. The mouse type-III procollagen-encoding gene: genomic cloning and complete DNA sequence. Gene. 1994;147:161-8 pubmed..A comparison of mCOL3 versus the human type-III collagen (hCOL3) showed 91% identity at the aa level. ..
- Smith C, Baek S, Sung C, Tallquist M. Epicardial-derived cell epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and fate specification require PDGF receptor signaling. Circ Res. 2011;108:e15-26 pubmed publisher..Signaling through both PDGF receptors is necessary for epicardial EMT and formation of epicardial-mesenchymal derivatives. PDGF receptors also have independent functions in the development of specific epicardial-derived cell fates. ..
- Diao H, Aplin J, Xiao S, Chun J, Li Z, Chen S, et al. Altered spatiotemporal expression of collagen types I, III, IV, and VI in Lpar3-deficient peri-implantation mouse uterus. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:255-65 pubmed publisher..Microarray analysis revealed that there was higher expression of Col3a1 and Col6a3 in the Preimplantation Day 3.5 Lpar3(-/-) uterus compared to Day 3.5 wild-type (WT) uterus...
- Goldspink G, Fernandes K, Williams P, Wells D. Age-related changes in collagen gene expression in the muscles of mdx dystrophic and normal mice. Neuromuscul Disord. 1994;4:183-91 pubmed
- Wood L, Theriault N, Vogeli G. Complete nucleotide sequence of the N-terminal domains of the murine alpha-1 type-III collagen chain. Gene. 1987;61:225-30 pubmed
- Lincoln J, Florer J, Deutsch G, Wenstrup R, Yutzey K. ColVa1 and ColXIa1 are required for myocardial morphogenesis and heart valve development. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3295-305 pubmed
- Christner P, Peters J, Hawkins D, Siracusa L, Jimenez S. The tight skin 2 mouse. An animal model of scleroderma displaying cutaneous fibrosis and mononuclear cell infiltration. Arthritis Rheum. 1995;38:1791-8 pubmedTo describe the histopathologic and biochemical characteristics of skin from the Tsk2/+ mouse, a mutation with phenotypic features resembling those of systemic sclerosis (SSc), and to report the initial genetic mapping of the Tsk2 locus...
- Williams T, Williams M, Kuick R, Misek D, McDonagh K, Hanash S, et al. Candidate downstream regulated genes of HOX group 13 transcription factors with and without monomeric DNA binding capability. Dev Biol. 2005;279:462-80 pubmed..Our results suggest that HOX protein-protein interactions without direct HOX DNA-binding may play a larger role in HOX transcriptional regulation than generally assumed, and DNA-binding appears critical for repression. ..
- Acharya A, Baek S, Huang G, Eskiocak B, Goetsch S, Sung C, et al. The bHLH transcription factor Tcf21 is required for lineage-specific EMT of cardiac fibroblast progenitors. Development. 2012;139:2139-49 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate a unique role for Tcf21 in multipotent epicardial progenitors, prior to the process of EMT that is essential for cardiac fibroblast development...
- Soto Suazo M, San Martin S, Zorn T. Collagen and tenascin-C expression along the migration pathway of mouse primordial germ cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 2004;121:149-53 pubmed..Our results complement previous data from our laboratory and contribute to building comprehension of the composition of the mouse PGC migratory pathway extracellular matrix, thereby enhancing understanding of the process. ..
- Heine U, Munoz E, Flanders K, Roberts A, Sporn M. Colocalization of TGF-beta 1 and collagen I and III, fibronectin and glycosaminoglycans during lung branching morphogenesis. Development. 1990;109:29-36 pubmed
- Nagai N, Hosokawa M, Itohara S, Adachi E, Matsushita T, Hosokawa N, et al. Embryonic lethality of molecular chaperone hsp47 knockout mice is associated with defects in collagen biosynthesis. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1499-506 pubmed..These results indicate for the first time that type I collagen is unable to form a rigid triple-helical structure without the assistance of molecular chaperone Hsp47, and that mice require Hsp47 for normal development. ..
- Volk S, Shah S, Cohen A, Wang Y, Brisson B, Vogel L, et al. Type III collagen regulates osteoblastogenesis and the quantity of trabecular bone. Calcif Tissue Int. 2014;94:621-31 pubmed publisher..Loss of function mutations in the gene encoding Col3 (Col3a1) are associated with vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)...
- Fantauzzo K, Soriano P. PDGFR? regulates craniofacial development through homodimers and functional heterodimers with PDGFR?. Genes Dev. 2016;30:2443-2458 pubmed..Our studies thus uncover a novel mode of signaling for the PDGF family during vertebrate development. ..
- Daneman R, Zhou L, Kebede A, Barres B. Pericytes are required for blood-brain barrier integrity during embryogenesis. Nature. 2010;468:562-6 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that pericyte-endothelial cell interactions are critical to regulate the BBB during development, and disruption of these interactions may lead to BBB dysfunction and neuroinflammation during CNS injury and disease...
- Hanson K, Jung J, Tran Q, Hsu S, Iida R, Ajeti V, et al. Spatial and temporal analysis of extracellular matrix proteins in the developing murine heart: a blueprint for regeneration. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013;19:1132-43 pubmed publisher..Similarly, fabricated scaffolds generated using ECM components, could be utilized for ventricular repair. ..
- Vidal S, Epstein D, Malo D, Weith A, Vekemans M, Gros P. Identification and mapping of six microdissected genomic DNA probes to the proximal region of mouse chromosome 1. Genomics. 1992;14:32-7 pubmed..1 cM-Col3a1-8.8 cM-Len-2-2.6 cM-lambda Mm1C-163-1.6 cM-Fn-1-1.6 cM-Tp-1-0.8 cM-lambda Mm1C-165/Vil-0.4 cM-Inha-2...
- Vogel W, Aszodi A, Alves F, Pawson T. Discoidin domain receptor 1 tyrosine kinase has an essential role in mammary gland development. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2906-17 pubmed..These results suggest that DDR1 is a key mediator of the stromal-epithelial interaction during ductal morphogenesis in the mammary gland. ..
- Warman M, Tiller G, Polumbo P, Seldin M, Rochelle J, Knoll J, et al. Physical and linkage mapping of the human and murine genes for the alpha 1 chain of type IX collagen (COL9A1). Genomics. 1993;17:694-8 pubmed..These data may facilitate linkage studies with COL9A1 (or Col9a1) as a candidate gene for hereditary chondrodysplasias and osteoarthritis. ..
- Zhang W, Lu D, Dong W, Zhang L, Zhang X, Quan X, et al. Expression of CYP2E1 increases oxidative stress and induces apoptosis of cardiomyocytes in transgenic mice. FEBS J. 2011;278:1484-92 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CYP2E1 over-expression produces apoptosis and that the up-regulation of CYP2E1 in cTnT(R141W) transgenic mice also correlates with apoptosis in this model. ..
- Aanhaanen W, Boukens B, Sizarov A, Wakker V, de Gier de Vries C, van Ginneken A, et al. Defective Tbx2-dependent patterning of the atrioventricular canal myocardium causes accessory pathway formation in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:534-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that malformation of the annulus fibrosus and preexcitation arise from the disturbed development of the atrioventricular myocardium. ..
- Nakamichi R, Ito Y, Inui M, Onizuka N, Kayama T, Kataoka K, et al. Mohawk promotes the maintenance and regeneration of the outer annulus fibrosus of intervertebral discs. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12503 pubmed publisher..Mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing Mkx promote functional AF regeneration in a mouse AF defect model, with abundant collagen fibril formation. Our results indicate a therapeutic strategy for AF regeneration. ..
- Sowden J, Putt W, Morrison K, Beddington R, Edwards Y. The embryonic RNA helicase gene (ERH): a new member of the DEAD box family of RNA helicases. Biochem J. 1995;308 ( Pt 3):839-46 pubmed..The similarities in sequence and in expression profile suggest that ERH is the murine equivalent of the Xenopus An3 gene, and we propose that ERH plays a role in translational activation of mRNA in the oocyte and early embryo. ..
- Ellis L, Warner D, Greene R, Pisano M. Interaction of Smads with collagen types I, III, and V. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:1117-23 pubmed..Moreover, TGFbeta is a potent regulator of collagen synthesis and turnover during mammalian orofacial development. These data thus suggest an important means of feedback regulation of the TGFbeta signaling cascade. ..
- Fisher S, Beever J, Lewin H. Genetic mapping of COL3A1 to bovine chromosome 2. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:76-7 pubmed
- Smits P, Lefebvre V. Sox5 and Sox6 are required for notochord extracellular matrix sheath formation, notochord cell survival and development of the nucleus pulposus of intervertebral discs. Development. 2003;130:1135-48 pubmed..Through these roles and essential roles in cartilage formation, they are central transcriptional regulators of vertebral column development. ..
- Uchio K, Manabe N, Kinoshita A, Tamura K, Miyamoto M, Ogura A, et al. Abnormalities of extracellular matrices and transforming growth factor beta1 localization in the kidney of the hereditary nephrotic mice (ICGN strain). J Vet Med Sci. 1999;61:769-76 pubmed..The present findings may contribute to elucidation of the pathogenic mechanisms of hereditary nephrotic syndrome in ICGN mice and, in future, human idiopathic nephrotic syndrome. ..
- Arai K, Nishiyama T. Developmental changes in extracellular matrix messenger RNAs in the mouse placenta during the second half of pregnancy: possible factors involved in the regulation of placental extracellular matrix expression. Biol Reprod. 2007;77:923-33 pubmedExpression of procollagens (Col1a1/2, Col3a1, Col4a1/2, Col5a1/2) and fibronectin 1 (Fn1) in the mouse fetal placental tissue was examined during the second half of pregnancy...
- Liu J, Wang F, Xie M, Cheng Z, Qin Q, Chen L, et al. Osthole inhibits the expressions of collagen I and III through Smad signaling pathway after treatment with TGF-?1 in mouse cardiac fibroblasts. Int J Cardiol. 2017;228:388-393 pubmed publisher..The present results demonstrated that osthole could inhibit the collagen I and III expressions and their ratio in CFs treated with TGF-?1 via Smad signaling pathway, which might be one of its anti-fibrotic action mechanisms. ..
- Kutchuk L, Laitala A, Soueid Bomgarten S, Shentzer P, Rosendahl A, Eilot S, et al. Muscle composition is regulated by a Lox-TGFÎ² feedback loop. Development. 2015;142:983-93 pubmed publisher..Our results allow a better understanding of diseases such as Duchenne muscular dystrophy, in which LOX and TGFÎ² signaling have been implicated and the balance between muscle constituents is disturbed. ..
- Sun C, Berry W, Olson L. PDGFR? controls the balance of stromal and adipogenic cells during adipose tissue organogenesis. Development. 2017;144:83-94 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the importance of balancing stromal versus adipogenic cell expansion during white adipose tissue development, with PDGFR? activity coordinating this crucial process in the embryo. ..
- Andujar M, Couble P, Couble M, Magloire H. Differential expression of type I and type III collagen genes during tooth development. Development. 1991;111:691-8 pubmed..These results support the independent expression of the collagen genes under developmental tissue-specific control. ..
- Banerjee I, Zhang J, Moore Morris T, Lange S, Shen T, Dalton N, et al. Thymosin beta 4 is dispensable for murine cardiac development and function. Circ Res. 2012;110:456-64 pubmed publisher..5-Cre and ?MHC-Cre, were also found to have no phenotype. We conclude that T?4 is dispensable for embryonic viability, heart development, coronary vessel development, and adult myocardial function. ..
- Cooper T, Zhong Q, Krawczyk M, Tae H, MÃ¼ller G, Schubert R, et al. The haploinsufficient Col3a1 mouse as a model for vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Vet Pathol. 2010;47:1028-39 pubmed publisher..syndrome is a rare genetic disorder resulting from mutations in the Î±-1 chain of type III collagen (COL3A1) and manifesting as tissue fragility with spontaneous rupture of the bowel, gravid uterus, or large or medium ..
- Christner P, Hitraya E, Peters J, McGrath R, Jimenez S. Transcriptional activation of the alpha1(I) procollagen gene and up-regulation of alpha1(I) and alpha1(III) procollagen messenger RNA in dermal fibroblasts from tight skin 2 mice. Arthritis Rheum. 1998;41:2132-42 pubmed..investigate the levels of expression of type I and type III collagen genes in dermal fibroblasts from tight skin 2 (Tsk2) and normal mice and to examine the transcriptional regulation of the alpha1(I) procollagen gene (COL1A1) in these ..
- Aszodi A, Chan D, Hunziker E, Bateman J, Fassler R. Collagen II is essential for the removal of the notochord and the formation of intervertebral discs. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1399-412 pubmed
- Volk S, Wang Y, Mauldin E, Liechty K, Adams S. Diminished type III collagen promotes myofibroblast differentiation and increases scar deposition in cutaneous wound healing. Cells Tissues Organs. 2011;194:25-37 pubmed publisher..The effect of Col3 expression on myofibroblast differentiation and scar formation in this model suggests a previously undefined role for this ECM protein in tissue regeneration and repair. ..
- Huby A, Antonova G, Groenendyk J, Gomez Sanchez C, Bollag W, Filosa J, et al. Adipocyte-Derived Hormone Leptin Is a Direct Regulator of Aldosterone Secretion, Which Promotes Endothelial Dysfunction and Cardiac Fibrosis. Circulation. 2015;132:2134-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, leptin-mediated aldosterone secretion contributes to cardiovascular disease by promoting endothelial dysfunction and the expression of profibrotic markers in the heart. ..
- Goldberg S, Quirk G, Sykes V, Kordula T, Lanning D. Altered procollagen gene expression in mid-gestational mouse excisional wounds. J Surg Res. 2007;143:27-34 pubmed..These alterations in procollagen expression may contribute to a pattern of collagen deposition in the mid-gestational fetuses that is more favorable for scarless healing with less type 1 and more type 3 collagen. ..
- Smeulders N, Woolf A, Wilcox D. Extracellular matrix protein expression during mouse detrusor development. J Pediatr Surg. 2003;38:1-12 pubmed
- Long K, Li Z, Burgwin C, Choe S, Martyanov V, Sassi Gaha S, et al. The Tsk2/+ mouse fibrotic phenotype is due to a gain-of-function mutation in the PIIINP segment of the Col3a1 gene. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:718-27 pubmed publisher..point mutation in the procollagen III amino terminal propeptide segment (PIIINP) of collagen, type III, alpha 1 (Col3a1) was found to be the best candidate for Tsk2; hence, both in vivo and in vitro genetic complementation tests were ..
- Lu D, Dong W, Zhang X, Quan X, Bao D, Lu Y, et al. WIF1 causes dysfunction of heart in transgenic mice. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:1179-89 pubmed publisher..It is anticipated that our findings will contribute to expansion of our understanding of WIF1 biological function on heart development and possible modes of treatment of heart diseases. ..
- Schurr E, Skamene E, Morgan K, Chu M, Gros P. Mapping of Col3a1 and Col6a3 to proximal murine chromosome 1 identifies conserved linkage of structural protein genes between murine chromosome 1 and human chromosome 2q. Genomics. 1990;8:477-86 pubmed..The loci investigated were NEB/Neb, ELN/Eln, COL3A1/Col3a1, CRYG/Len-2, FN1/Fn-1, VIL/Vil, and COL6A3/Col6a3...
- Taketo M, Matsui M, Rochelle J, Yodoi J, Seldin M. Mouse thioredoxin gene maps on chromosome 4, whereas its pseudogene maps on chromosome 1. Genomics. 1994;21:251-3 pubmed..We have mapped the thioredoxin gene (Txn) and its processed pseudogene (Txn-ps1) in the mouse using a panel of interspecific backcross mice. Txn maps to Chr 4, whereas Txn-ps1 maps to the proximal region of Chr 1. ..
- Poobalasingam T, Yates L, Walker S, Pereira M, Gross N, Ali A, et al. Heterozygous Vangl2Looptail mice reveal novel roles for the planar cell polarity pathway in adult lung homeostasis and repair. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:409-423 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal an important novel role for the PCP pathway in adult lung homeostasis and repair and shed new light on the genetic factors which may modify destructive lung diseases such as emphysema. ..
- Ieda M, Tsuchihashi T, Ivey K, Ross R, Hong T, Shaw R, et al. Cardiac fibroblasts regulate myocardial proliferation through beta1 integrin signaling. Dev Cell. 2009;16:233-44 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unrecognized paracrine function of embryonic cardiac fibroblasts in regulating cardiomyocyte proliferation. ..
- Jeong S, Li S, Luo R, Strokes N, Piao X. Loss of Col3a1, the gene for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV, results in neocortical dyslamination. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29767 pubmed publisher..To further characterize the brain phenotype of Col3a1 knockout mice, we performed a detailed histological analysis...