Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Col1a2
Description: collagen, type I, alpha 2
Alias: AA960264, AI325291, Col1a-2, Cola-2, Cola2, oim, collagen alpha-2(I) chain, alpha-2 type I collagen, collagen COL1A2, procollagen, type I, alpha 2
- Kim I, Otto F, Zabel B, Mundlos S. Regulation of chondrocyte differentiation by Cbfa1. Mech Dev. 1999;80:159-70 pubmed..Our studies identify Cbfa1 as a major positive regulator of chondrocyte differentiation. ..
- Kalajzic I, Terzic J, Rumboldt Z, Mack K, Naprta A, Ledgard F, et al. Osteoblastic response to the defective matrix in the osteogenesis imperfecta murine (oim) mouse. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1594-601 pubmed..pathophysiology associated with the weakened bone matrix found in a murine model of osteogenesis imperfecta murine (oim)...
- Sims T, Miles C, Bailey A, Camacho N. Properties of collagen in OIM mouse tissues. Connect Tissue Res. 2003;44 Suppl 1:202-5 pubmedThe deletion of the alpha2 chain from type I collagen in the oim mouse model of osteogenesis imperfecta has been shown to result in a significant reduction in the mechanical strength of the tail tendon and bone tissue...
- Vanleene M, Saldanha Z, Cloyd K, Jell G, Bou Gharios G, Bassett J, et al. Transplantation of human fetal blood stem cells in the osteogenesis imperfecta mouse leads to improvement in multiscale tissue properties. Blood. 2011;117:1053-60 pubmed publisher..stem/stromal cells engrafted in bones, differentiated into mature osteoblasts, expressed osteocalcin, and produced COL1a2 protein, which is absent in oim mice...
- Daley E, Streeten E, Sorkin J, Kuznetsova N, Shapses S, Carleton S, et al. Variable bone fragility associated with an Amish COL1A2 variant and a knock-in mouse model. J Bone Miner Res. 2010;25:247-61 pubmed publisherOsteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a heritable form of bone fragility typically associated with a dominant COL1A1 or COL1A2 mutation...
- Forlino A, Kuznetsova N, Marini J, Leikin S. Selective retention and degradation of molecules with a single mutant alpha1(I) chain in the Brtl IV mouse model of OI. Matrix Biol. 2007;26:604-14 pubmed..Based on these and our previous findings, we argue that the outcome in Brtl IV may be significantly affected by cellular stress and malfunction caused by the retention and degradation of newly synthesized mutant collagen. ..
- Phillips C, Morgan A, Lever L, Wenstrup R. Sequence analysis of a full-length cDNA for the murine pro alpha 2(I) collagen chain: comparison of the derived primary structure with human pro alpha 2(I) collagen. Genomics. 1992;13:1345-6 pubmed..The X and Y residues show 86% homology between murine and human pro alpha 2(I) collagen triple helices, with no truly nonconservative substitutions. ..
- Kuznetsova N, McBride D, Leikin S. Changes in thermal stability and microunfolding pattern of collagen helix resulting from the loss of alpha2(I) chain in osteogenesis imperfecta murine. J Mol Biol. 2003;331:191-200 pubmed..question in more detail using purified tendon collagen from wild-type (alpha1(I)(2)alpha2(I) heterotrimers) and oim (alpha1(I)(3)) mice as well as artificial alpha1(I)(3) homotrimers obtained by refolding of rat-tail-tendon ..
- Phillips C, Bradley D, Schlotzhauer C, Bergfeld M, Libreros Minotta C, Gawenis L, et al. Oim mice exhibit altered femur and incisor mineral composition and decreased bone mineral density. Bone. 2000;27:219-26 pubmed..The oim/oim mouse (homozygous for a null mutation in its COL1A2 gene of type I collagen) fails to synthesize functional pro alpha 2(I) collagen chains, synthesizing only ..
- Aszodi A, Chan D, Hunziker E, Bateman J, Fassler R. Collagen II is essential for the removal of the notochord and the formation of intervertebral discs. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1399-412 pubmed
- Brodeur A, Wirth D, Franklin C, Reneker L, Miner J, Phillips C. Type I collagen glomerulopathy: postnatal collagen deposition follows glomerular maturation. Kidney Int. 2007;71:985-93 pubmed..Picosirius red staining of kidney sections demonstrates that in comparison to wild-type mice, Col1a2-deficient homozygous and heterozygous mice exhibit abnormal glomerular collagen deposition in a gene dosage-..
- McBride D, Choe V, Shapiro J, Brodsky B. Altered collagen structure in mouse tail tendon lacking the alpha 2(I) chain. J Mol Biol. 1997;270:275-84 pubmed..The existence of a mouse model with a Cola-2 gene mutation (termed oim) that results in non-functional pro alpha 2(I) chains presents a unique opportunity to explore changes in collagen ..
- Han S, McBride D, Losert W, Leikin S. Segregation of type I collagen homo- and heterotrimers in fibrils. J Mol Biol. 2008;383:122-32 pubmed publisher..We argue that the subfibrillar segregation may exacerbate effects of a small fraction of alpha1(I) homotrimers on formation, properties, and remodeling of collagen fibers. ..
- Camacho N, Landis W, Boskey A. Mineral changes in a mouse model of osteogenesis imperfecta detected by Fourier transform infrared microscopy. Connect Tissue Res. 1996;35:259-65 pubmed..In the current study, the nature of the mineral in long bones of a mouse model of OI (oim/oim, a mutant which produces an alpha 1(I) collagen homotrimer) was examined by Fourier transform infrared ..
- Fratzl P, Paris O, Klaushofer K, Landis W. Bone mineralization in an osteogenesis imperfecta mouse model studied by small-angle x-ray scattering. J Clin Invest. 1996;97:396-402 pubmedWe have studied the size and orientation of mineral crystals in cortical bone of oim/oim mice, which are known to produce only alpha 1(I) collagen homotrimers and which may serve as a model for human osteogenesis imperfecta...
- Antoniv T, Tanaka S, Sudan B, De Val S, Liu K, Wang L, et al. Identification of a repressor in the first intron of the human alpha2(I) collagen gene (COL1A2). J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35417-23 pubmedThe human and mouse genes that code for the alpha2 chain of collagen I (COL1A2 and Col1a2, respectively) share a common chromatin structure and nearly identical proximal promoter and far upstream enhancer sequences...
- Lincoln J, Alfieri C, Yutzey K. Development of heart valve leaflets and supporting apparatus in chicken and mouse embryos. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:239-50 pubmed..Together, these studies provide novel insights into the origins and cell lineage diversity of mature valve structures in the developing vertebrate heart. ..
- Durst R, Sauls K, Peal D, deVlaming A, Toomer K, Leyne M, et al. Mutations in DCHS1 cause mitral valve prolapse. Nature. 2015;525:109-13 pubmed publisher..Understanding the role of DCHS1 in mitral valve development and MVP pathogenesis holds potential for therapeutic insights for this very common disease. ..
- Niederreither K, D SOUZA R, Metsaranta M, Eberspaecher H, Toman P, Vuorio E, et al. Coordinate patterns of expression of type I and III collagens during mouse development. Matrix Biol. 1995;14:705-13 pubmed
- Galli G, Honnens de Lichtenberg K, Carrara M, Hans W, Wuelling M, Mentz B, et al. Prdm5 regulates collagen gene transcription by association with RNA polymerase II in developing bone. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002711 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results define a novel role for Prdm5 in sustaining the transcriptional program necessary to the proper assembly of osteoblastic extracellular matrix. ..
- Berman A, Wallace J, Bart Z, Allen M. Raloxifene reduces skeletal fractures in an animal model of osteogenesis imperfecta. Matrix Biol. 2016;52-54:19-28 pubmed publisher..In experiment 1, tibiae from female wild type (WT) and homozygous oim mice were subjected to in vitro soaking in RAL followed by mechanical tests...
- Tsirka S, Turck C, Coffino P. Multiple active conformers of mouse ornithine decarboxylase. Biochem J. 1993;293 ( Pt 1):289-95 pubmed
- Shupp Byrne D, Church R. Assignment of the genes for mouse type I procollagen to chromosome 16 using mouse fibroblast-Chinese hamster somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1983;9:313-31 pubmed..These studies, therefore, assign the structural genes for mouse type I procollagen pro alpha 1 (MCOLA1) and pro alpha 2 (MCOLA2) chains to mouse chromosome 16. ..
- Balk M, Bray J, Day C, Epperly M, Greenberger J, Evans C, et al. Effect of rhBMP-2 on the osteogenic potential of bone marrow stromal cells from an osteogenesis imperfecta mouse (oim). Bone. 1997;21:7-15 pubmed..cells, we investigated the osteogenic potential of bone marrow stromal cells from a mouse model of human OI (oim)...
- González Martín M, Mallo M, Ros M. Long bone development requires a threshold of Hox function. Dev Biol. 2014;392:454-65 pubmed publisher..Our results support Hox genes being required in a dose-dependent manner for long bone cartilage maturation and suggest that and excess of Gli3R mediates a significant part of the Hoxd(Del(11-13)) chondrogenic phenotype. ..
- Ponticos M, Partridge T, Black C, Abraham D, Bou Gharios G. Regulation of collagen type I in vascular smooth muscle cells by competition between Nkx2.5 and deltaEF1/ZEB1. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6151-61 pubmed..This element is important in understanding the molecular mechanisms of vessel remodeling and is a potential target for intervention in vascular diseases where there is excessive deposition of collagen in the vessel wall. ..
- Duselis A, Vrana P. Assessment and disease comparisons of hybrid developmental defects. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:808-19 pubmed..We propose that such interactions and their resulting epimutations may similarly underlie the phenotypic and causal heterogeneity seen in many human diseases. ..
- Lu J, Lian G, Lenkinski R, De Grand A, Vaid R, Bryce T, et al. Filamin B mutations cause chondrocyte defects in skeletal development. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:1661-75 pubmed..These data suggest that disruption of the ECM-beta1-integrin-Flnb pathway contributes to defects in vertebral and distal limb development, similar to those seen in the human autosomal recessive SCT due to Flnb mutations. ..
- Xu Y, Wang L, Buttice G, Sengupta P, Smith B. Major histocompatibility class II transactivator (CIITA) mediates repression of collagen (COL1A2) transcription by interferon gamma (IFN-gamma). J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41319-32 pubmed..We have shown that the RFX family binds to the COL1A2 transcription start site, and the RFX5 complex represses COL1A2 gene expression during IFN-gamma response...
- Wiradjaja F, Cottle D, Jones L, Smyth I. Regulation of PDGFC signalling and extracellular matrix composition by FREM1 in mice. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1426-33 pubmed publisher..We propose that loss of FREM1 function promotes epidermal blistering in Fraser syndrome as a consequence of reduced PDGFC activity, in addition to its stabilising role in the basement membrane. ..
- Bou Gharios G, Garrett L, Rossert J, Niederreither K, Eberspaecher H, Smith C, et al. A potent far-upstream enhancer in the mouse pro alpha 2(I) collagen gene regulates expression of reporter genes in transgenic mice. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:1333-44 pubmed..Hence, our data suggest that a far-upstream enhancer element plays a role in regulating high levels of expression of the mouse pro alpha 2(I) collagen gene. ..
- Hatamochi A, de Crombrugghe B, Krieg T. Purification of a novel factor which binds to the mouse alpha 2 (I) collagen promoter. FEBS Lett. 1993;327:325-31 pubmed
- Norris R, Moreno Rodriguez R, Sugi Y, Hoffman S, Amos J, Hart M, et al. Periostin regulates atrioventricular valve maturation. Dev Biol. 2008;316:200-13 pubmed publisher..g. myocytes). This is the first report of an extracellular matrix protein directly regulating post-EMT AV valve differentiation, a process foundational and indispensable for the morphogenesis of a cushion into a leaflet. ..
- Ylönen R, Kyrönlahti T, Sund M, Ilves M, Lehenkari P, Tuukkanen J, et al. Type XIII collagen strongly affects bone formation in transgenic mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:1381-93 pubmed..The findings suggest that type XIII collagen has an important role in bone modeling, and in particular, it may have a function in coupling the regulation of bone mass to mechanical use. ..
- Baumann B, Hayashida T, Liang X, Schnaper H. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1Î± promotes glomerulosclerosis and regulates COL1A2 expression through interactions with Smad3. Kidney Int. 2016;90:797-808 pubmed publisher..Activation of COL1A2 transcription by HIF-1Î± occurred in the absence of hypoxia and is strongly enhanced by TGF-Î² signaling...
- Hung I, Yu K, Lavine K, Ornitz D. FGF9 regulates early hypertrophic chondrocyte differentiation and skeletal vascularization in the developing stylopod. Dev Biol. 2007;307:300-13 pubmed..In developing stylopod elements, FGF9 promotes chondrocyte hypertrophy at early stages and regulates vascularization of the growth plate and osteogenesis at later stages of skeletal development. ..
- Antoniv T, De Val S, Wells D, Denton C, Rabe C, de Crombrugghe B, et al. Characterization of an evolutionarily conserved far-upstream enhancer in the human alpha 2(I) collagen (COL1A2) gene. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21754-64 pubmed..the chromatin structure around and upstream of the transcriptional start site of the human alpha2(I) collagen (COL1A2) gene...
- Pan T, Zhang R, Arita M, Bogdanovich S, Adams S, Gara S, et al. A mouse model for dominant collagen VI disorders: heterozygous deletion of Col6a3 Exon 16. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:10293-307 pubmed publisher..The Col6a3(+/d16) mice displayed compromised muscle contractile functions and thereby provide an essential preclinical platform for developing treatment strategies for dominant collagen VI disorders...
- Weston A, Rosen V, Chandraratna R, Underhill T. Regulation of skeletal progenitor differentiation by the BMP and retinoid signaling pathways. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:679-90 pubmed..Thus, retinoid signaling appears to play a novel and unexpected role in skeletogenesis by regulating the emergence of chondroblasts from skeletal progenitors. ..
- Little D, Peacock L, Mikulec K, Kneissel M, Kramer I, Cheng T, et al. Combination sclerostin antibody and zoledronic acid treatment outperforms either treatment alone in a mouse model of osteogenesis imperfecta. Bone. 2017;101:96-103 pubmed publisher..Mice with the Amish OI mutation (Col1a2 G610C mice) and control wild type littermates (WT) were treated from week 5 to week 9 of life with (1) saline (..
- Kinbara T, Shirasaki F, Kawara S, Inagaki Y, de Crombrugghe B, Takehara K. Transforming growth factor-beta isoforms differently stimulate proalpha2 (I) collagen gene expression during wound healing process in transgenic mice. J Cell Physiol. 2002;190:375-81 pubmed..we examined the effects of various growth factors on the promoter activity of the proalpha2 (I) collagen gene (COL1A2) during the wound healing process...
- Liu W, Watson S, Lan Y, Keene D, Ovitt C, Liu H, et al. The atypical homeodomain transcription factor Mohawk controls tendon morphogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4797-807 pubmed publisher..In addition to defects in tendon collagen fibrillogenesis, Mkx(-/-) mutant mice exhibited abnormal tendon sheaths. These results identify Mkx as an important regulator of tendon development. ..
- Bedore J, Sha W, McCann M, Liu S, Leask A, Séguin C. Impaired intervertebral disc development and premature disc degeneration in mice with notochord-specific deletion of CCN2. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:2634-44 pubmed publisher..The ability of CCN2 to regulate the composition of the intervertebral disc suggests that it may represent an intriguing clinical target for the treatment of disc degeneration. ..
- Bandyopadhyay A, Tsuji K, Cox K, Harfe B, Rosen V, Tabin C. Genetic analysis of the roles of BMP2, BMP4, and BMP7 in limb patterning and skeletogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e216 pubmed..In contrast, we find that the loss of both BMP2 and BMP4 results in a severe impairment of osteogenesis. ..
- Leaner V, Masemola A, Parker M. Species-specific regulation of the alpha-2(I) procollagen gene by proximal promoter elements. IUBMB Life. 2005;57:363-70 pubmed
- Sauls K, de Vlaming A, Harris B, Williams K, Wessels A, Levine R, et al. Developmental basis for filamin-A-associated myxomatous mitral valve disease. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;96:109-19 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these data indicate that disrupting key regulatory interactions during valve development can set the stage for the generation of postnatal myxomatous valve disease. ..
- Shin H, Divieti P, Sims N, Kobayashi T, Miao D, Karaplis A, et al. Gp130-mediated signaling is necessary for normal osteoblastic function in vivo and in vitro. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1376-85 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the importance of gp130 signaling for osteoblast function and calcium homeostasis. ..
- Lincoln J, Florer J, Deutsch G, Wenstrup R, Yutzey K. ColVa1 and ColXIa1 are required for myocardial morphogenesis and heart valve development. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3295-305 pubmed
- Coleman R, Aguilera L, Quinones L, Lukashova L, Poirier C, Boskey A. Comparison of bone tissue properties in mouse models with collagenous and non-collagenous genetic mutations using FTIRI. Bone. 2012;51:920-8 pubmed publisher..the bone structure and material properties of two mouse models of OI, the osteogenesis imperfecta mouse (oim/oim) and fragilitas ossium (fro/fro), in which bone fragility is due to a genetic defect in collagen type I and a ..
- Ninichuk V, Kulkarni O, Clauss S, Anders H. Tubular atrophy, interstitial fibrosis, and inflammation in type 2 diabetic db/db mice. An accelerated model of advanced diabetic nephropathy. Eur J Med Res. 2007;12:351-5 pubmed..Early uninephrectomy can accelerate the development of advanced DN in db/db mice which may be instrumental in the design of interventional studies that intend to focus on the molecular pathology of the progression to late stage DN. ..
- Xie J, Qi S, Yuan J, Xu Y, Li T, Li H, et al. Effects of antisense oligodeoxynucleotide to type I collagen gene on hypertrophic scars in the transplanted nude mouse model. J Cutan Pathol. 2009;36:1146-50 pubmed publisher..ASODN was effective in downregulating type I collagen gene expression and could prove to be useful in the treatment of scars. ..
- Nieto N, Cederbaum A. S-adenosylmethionine blocks collagen I production by preventing transforming growth factor-beta induction of the COL1A2 promoter. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30963-74 pubmed..S-adenosylmethionine (AdoMet), transgenic mice harboring the -17 kb to +54 bp of the collagen alpha2 (I) promoter (COL1A2) cloned upstream from the beta-gal reporter gene were injected with carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) to induce fibrosis ..
- Gacheru S, McGee C, Uriu Hare J, Kosonen T, Packman S, Tinker D, et al. Expression and accumulation of lysyl oxidase, elastin, and type I procollagen in human Menkes and mottled mouse fibroblasts. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1993;301:325-9 pubmed..Based on the present studies in cell culture, the production of essential enzymes and matrix proteins, such as lysyl oxidase and elastin, appear to be altered at the level of transcription or mRNA turnover. ..
- Sztrolovics R, van der Rest M, Roughley P. Identification of type I collagen gene polymorphisms: tolerance of sequence variation at an alpha 2(I) helix Y position. Matrix Biol. 1994;14:9-19 pubmed..The data suggest that at least some alpha 1(I) and alpha 2(I) helix Y positions may be tolerant of sequence variation, particularly if the replacing amino acid is proline, a residue involved in stabilizing the collagen triple helix. ..
- Irving N, Hardy J, Bahary N, Friedman J, Brown S. The alpha 2 chain of type 1 collagen does not map to mouse chromosome 16 but maps close to the Met proto-oncogene on mouse chromosome 6. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1989;50:121-2 pubmed
- Li P, Liang M, Zhu Y, Gong Y, Wang Y, Heng D, et al. Resveratrol inhibits collagen I synthesis by suppressing IGF-1R activation in intestinal fibroblasts. World J Gastroenterol. 2014;20:4648-61 pubmed publisher..blotting and quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction were used to characterize collagen?I?protein and col1a2 mRNA expression in mouse intestinal fibroblasts and CCD-(18)Co cells treated with IGF-1...
- Di Rocco F, Biosse Duplan M, Heuzé Y, Kaci N, Komla Ebri D, Munnich A, et al. FGFR3 mutation causes abnormal membranous ossification in achondroplasia. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:2914-25 pubmed publisher..Demonstration of the impact of FGFR3 mutations on craniofacial development should initiate novel pharmacological and surgical therapeutic approaches. ..
- Saxon J, Baer D, Barton J, Hawkins T, Wu B, Trusk T, et al. BMP2 expression in the endocardial lineage is required for AV endocardial cushion maturation and remodeling. Dev Biol. 2017;430:113-128 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that BMP2 expression in the endocardial lineage is essential for the distal outgrowth, maturation and remodeling of AV endocardial cushions into the normal membranous VS and the stratified AV valves. ..
- Hara M, Kobayakawa K, Ohkawa Y, Kumamaru H, Yokota K, Saito T, et al. Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin-N-cadherin pathway after spinal cord injury. Nat Med. 2017;23:818-828 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal environmental cues regulating astrocytic fate decisions, thereby providing a potential therapeutic target for CNS injury. ..
- Andrikopoulos K, Suzuki H, Solursh M, Ramirez F. Localization of pro-alpha 2(V) collagen transcripts in the tissues of the developing mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 1992;195:113-20 pubmed
- Liau G, Yamada Y, de Crombrugghe B. Coordinate regulation of the levels of type III and type I collagen mRNA in most but not all mouse fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:531-6 pubmed..We conclude that the levels of alpha1(III) and alpha2(I) collagen mRNA are often but not necessarily coordinately regulated by transformation in mouse cells. ..
- Rodero M, Legrand J, Bou Gharios G, Khosrotehrani K. Wound-associated macrophages control collagen 1?2 transcription during the early stages of skin wound healing. Exp Dermatol. 2013;22:143-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate an important role of wound macrophages in the control of collagen production during wound healing. ..
- Phillips C, Lever L, Pinnell S, Quarles L, Wenstrup R. Construction of a full-length murine pro alpha 2(I) collagen cDNA by the polymerase chain reaction. J Invest Dermatol. 1991;97:980-4 pubmed..20mer; corresponding to nucleotide positions 42-61 in the first exon of the murine pro alpha 2(I) collagen gene, COL1A2), and with the adapter sequence 5' to the dT17 as the 3' primer...
- Hultström M, Leh S, Paliege A, Bachmann S, Skogstrand T, Iversen B. Collagen-binding proteins in age-dependent changes in renal collagen turnover: microarray analysis of mRNA expression. Physiol Genomics. 2012;44:576-86 pubmed publisher..Collagen stabilizing proteins may be essential for the control of renal ECM turnover and the pathogenesis of kidney fibrosis. ..
- Parsons C, Stefanovic B, Seki E, Aoyama T, Latour A, Marzluff W, et al. Mutation of the 5'-untranslated region stem-loop structure inhibits ?1(I) collagen expression in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8609-19 pubmed publisher..These results confirm an important role of the 5' stem-loop in regulating type I collagen mRNA and protein expression and provide a mouse model for further study of collagen-associated diseases. ..
- Inagaki Y, Higashi K, Kushida M, Hong Y, Nakao S, Higashiyama R, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor suppresses profibrogenic signal transduction via nuclear export of Smad3 with galectin-7. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:1180-90 pubmed publisher..examined by using cultured hepatic stellate cells (HSC) and transgenic mice harboring alpha2(I) collagen gene (COL1A2) promoter...
- Buck M, Houglum K, Chojkier M. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits collagen alpha1(I) gene expression and wound healing in a murine model of cachexia. Am J Pathol. 1996;149:195-204 pubmed
- Beckers J, Herrmann F, Rieger S, Drobyshev A, Horsch M, Hrabe de Angelis M, et al. Identification and validation of novel ERBB2 (HER2, NEU) targets including genes involved in angiogenesis. Int J Cancer. 2005;114:590-7 pubmed..Supplementary material for this article can be found on the International Journal of Cancer website at http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0020-7136/suppmat/index.html.) ..
- Saika S, Liu C, Azhar M, Sanford L, Doetschman T, Gendron R, et al. TGFbeta2 in corneal morphogenesis during mouse embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2001;240:419-32 pubmed..Delayed appearance of macrophages in ocular tissues was observed in Tgfb2(-/-) mice. Malfunctioning macrophages may account for accumulation of cell mass in vitreous of Tgfb2 null mice. ..
- De Val S, Ponticos M, Antoniv T, Wells D, Abraham D, Partridge T, et al. Identification of the key regions within the mouse pro-alpha 2(I) collagen gene far-upstream enhancer. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9286-92 pubmed..A 400-bp sequence located between -17.0 and -16.6 is also essential for the enhancer because its deletion results in increased susceptibility to the chromatin environment. ..
- Havis E, Bonnin M, Olivera Martinez I, Nazaret N, Ruggiu M, Weibel J, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of mouse limb tendon cells during development. Development. 2014;141:3683-96 pubmed publisher..FGF does not have a tenogenic effect and the inhibition of the ERK MAPK signalling pathway was sufficient to activate Scx in mouse limb mesodermal progenitors and mesenchymal stem cells. ..
- Takeoka H, Iehara N, Uematsu Yanagita M, Abe H, Sunamoto M, Yamada Y, et al. A multifunctional transcription factor (A1p145) regulates the smooth muscle phenotype in mesangial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;252:290-5 pubmed..The levels of proliferating cell nuclear antigen mRNA were also suppressed. These results suggest that A1p145 is a negative transcription factor for COL4 and may be a phenotypic modulator. ..
- Masuda H, Hosokawa N, Nagata K. Expression and localization of collagen-binding stress protein Hsp47 in mouse embryo development: comparison with types I and II collagen. Cell Stress Chaperones. 1998;3:256-64 pubmed..These results suggest the biological importance of Hsp47 as a collagen-specific molecular chaperone in the mouse developmental program. ..
- Wang K, Yamamoto H, Chin J, Werb Z, Vu T. Epidermal growth factor receptor-deficient mice have delayed primary endochondral ossification because of defective osteoclast recruitment. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53848-56 pubmed..EGFR signaling regulated osteoclast formation. Inhibition of EGFR tyrosine kinase activity decreased the generation of osteoclasts from cultured bone marrow cells. ..
- McGlinn E, van Bueren K, Fiorenza S, Mo R, Poh A, Forrest A, et al. Pax9 and Jagged1 act downstream of Gli3 in vertebrate limb development. Mech Dev. 2005;122:1218-33 pubmed..Our data have also revealed that perturbation of early patterning events within the Gli3(Xt/Xt) limb culminates in a specific delay of anterior chondrogenesis which is subsequently realised as extra digits. ..
- Grafe I, Yang T, Alexander S, Homan E, Lietman C, Jiang M, et al. Excessive transforming growth factor-? signaling is a common mechanism in osteogenesis imperfecta. Nat Med. 2014;20:670-5 pubmed publisher..transforming growth factor-? (TGF-?) signaling is a mechanism of OI in both recessive (Crtap(-/-)) and dominant (Col1a2(tm1.1Mcbr)) OI mouse models...
- Wang X, Inoue S, Gu J, Miyoshi E, Noda K, Li W, et al. Dysregulation of TGF-beta1 receptor activation leads to abnormal lung development and emphysema-like phenotype in core fucose-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15791-6 pubmed..We propose that the lack of core fucosylation of TGF-beta1 receptors is crucial for a developmental and progressive/destructive emphysema, suggesting that perturbation of this function could underlie certain cases of human emphysema. ..