Genomes and Genes
coagulation factor X
Gene Symbol: coagulation factor X
Description: coagulation factor X
Alias: Cf10, coagulation factor X, stuart factor
Products: coagulation factor X
- Tai S, Herzog R, Margaritis P, Arruda V, Chu K, Golden J, et al. A viable mouse model of factor X deficiency provides evidence for maternal transfer of factor X. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:339-45 pubmed..This viable low-FX mouse model will facilitate the development of FX-directed therapies as well as investigation of the FX role in embryonic development. ..
- Borensztajn K, Aberson H, Peppelenbosch M, Spek C. FXa-induced intracellular signaling links coagulation to neoangiogenesis: potential implications for fibrosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:798-805 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results establish a link between the coagulation cascade and angiogenesis during fibrosis. ..
- Sumi A, Yamanaka Hanada N, Bai F, Makino T, Mizukami H, Ono T. Roles of coagulation pathway and factor Xa in the progression of diabetic nephropathy in db/db mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:824-30 pubmedThe active type of coagulation factor X (factor Xa) activates various cell-types through protease-activated receptor 2 (PAR2). We previously reported that a factor Xa inhibitor could suppress Thy-1 nephritis...
- Shimosawa M, Sakamoto K, Tomari Y, Kamikado K, Otsuka H, Liu N, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-triggered acute aggravation of mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis through activation of coagulation in a high IgA strain of ddY mice. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2009;112:e81-91 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that tissue factor and factor V induction by LPS may in part accelerate mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis through activation of factor X and downstream proinflammatory and procoagulant mechanisms. ..
- Heidtmann H, Kontermann R. Cloning and recombinant expression of mouse coagulation factor X. Thromb Res. 1998;92:33-41 pubmedEngineering of recombinant coagulation factor X variants, which can be activated by tumor-associated proteinases may lead to the development of new therapeutic molecules...
- Liang Z, Cooper A, Rosen E, Castellino F. Chromosomal arrangement of the murine coagulation factor VII and factor X genes. Thromb Haemost. 1998;80:524-5 pubmed
- Lee W, Ku S, Bae J. Factor Xa inhibits HMGB1-induced septic responses in human umbilical vein endothelial cells and in mice. Thromb Haemost. 2014;112:757-69 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that FXa may be regarded as a candidate therapeutic agent for treating vascular inflammatory diseases by inhibiting the HMGB1 signalling pathway. ..
- Muczynski V, Aymé G, Regnault V, Vasse M, Borgel D, Legendre P, et al. Complex formation with pentraxin-2 regulates factor X plasma levels and macrophage interactions. Blood. 2017;129:2443-2454 pubmed publisherRecently, we have identified scavenger receptor class A member I (SR-AI) as a receptor for coagulation factor X (FX), mediating the formation of an FX reservoir at the macrophage surface...
- Schuliga M, Jaffar J, Berhan A, Langenbach S, Harris T, Waters D, et al. Annexin A2 contributes to lung injury and fibrosis by augmenting factor Xa fibrogenic activity. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;312:L772-L782 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that annexin A2 contributes to lung injury and fibrotic disease by mediating the fibrogenic actions of FXa. Extracellular annexin A2 is a potential target for the treatment of IPF. ..
- Kurdi M, Cherel G, Lenting P, Denis C, Christophe O. Coagulation factor X interaction with macrophages through its N-glycans protects it from a rapid clearance. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45111 pubmed publisher..Altogether our data lead to the conclusion that FX interaction with macrophages through its N-glycans protects it from a rapid clearance explaining its relatively long circulatory half-life. ..
- Scotton C, Krupiczojc M, Konigshoff M, Mercer P, Lee Y, Kaminski N, et al. Increased local expression of coagulation factor X contributes to the fibrotic response in human and murine lung injury. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2550-63 pubmed publisher..Here we report that expression of coagulation factor X (FX) is locally increased in human and murine fibrotic lung tissue, with marked immunostaining associated ..
- Aasrum M, Prydz H. Gene targeting of tissue factor, factor X, and factor VII in mice: their involvement in embryonic development. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2002;67:25-32 pubmed..Both TF/FVIIa and FXa can trigger intracellular signaling events in certain cell types. Signaling by coagulation proteases and protease-activated receptors (PARs) may have important roles in embryonic development. ..
- Cooper A, Liang Z, Castellino F, Rosen E. Cloning and characterization of the murine coagulation factor X gene. Thromb Haemost. 2000;83:732-5 pubmedThe gene encoding murine coagulation factor X (fX) was isolated and characterized from a lamdaFIX II library generated from murine genomic DNA...
- Shinagawa K, Martin J, Ploplis V, Castellino F. Coagulation factor Xa modulates airway remodeling in a murine model of asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;175:136-43 pubmed
- Muczynski V, Bazaa A, LoubiÃ¨re C, Harel A, Cherel G, Denis C, et al. Macrophage receptor SR-AI is crucial to maintain normal plasma levels of coagulation factor X. Blood. 2016;127:778-86 pubmed publisherBeside its classical role in the coagulation cascade, coagulation factor X (FX) is involved in several major biological processes including inflammation and enhancement of virus-induced immune responses...
- Koizumi T, Hendel E, Lalley P, Tchetgen M, Nadeau J. Homologs of genes and anonymous loci on human chromosome 13 map to mouse chromosomes 8 and 14. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:263-8 pubmed..To genetically map these mouse homologs (Cf10, Col4a1, Col4a2, D14H13S26, D8H13S35, and Pcca-rs), we used interspecific and intersubspecific mapping panels...