Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cntn2
Description: contactin 2
Alias: D130012K04Rik, TAG-1, TAG1, Tax, contactin-2, TAX-1, axonal glycoprotein TAG-1, axonin, axonin-1, transient axonal glycoprotein 1
- de Diego I, Kyriakopoulou K, Karagogeos D, Wassef M. Multiple influences on the migration of precerebellar neurons in the caudal medulla. Development. 2002;129:297-306 pubmed..Our observations provide a clearer picture of the hierarchy of environmental cues that influence the morphogenesis of these precerebellar nuclei. ..
- Sabatier C, Plump A, Le Ma -, Brose K, Tamada A, Murakami F, et al. The divergent Robo family protein rig-1/Robo3 is a negative regulator of slit responsiveness required for midline crossing by commissural axons. Cell. 2004;117:157-69 pubmed..These results identify a mechanism for regulating Slit repulsion that helps choreograph the precise switch from attraction to repulsion at a key intermediate axonal target. ..
- Long H, Sabatier C, Ma L, Plump A, Yuan W, Ornitz D, et al. Conserved roles for Slit and Robo proteins in midline commissural axon guidance. Neuron. 2004;42:213-23 pubmed..These results demonstrate a key role for Slit/Robo signaling in midline commissural axon guidance in vertebrates. ..
- Schmidt H, Werner M, Heppenstall P, Henning M, Moré M, Kühbandner S, et al. cGMP-mediated signaling via cGKIalpha is required for the guidance and connectivity of sensory axons. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:489-98 pubmed..Our studies therefore reveal that cGMP signaling is important for axonal growth in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Backer S, Sakurai T, Grumet M, Sotelo C, Bloch Gallego E. Nr-CAM and TAG-1 are expressed in distinct populations of developing precerebellar and cerebellar neurons. Neuroscience. 2002;113:743-8 pubmed..However, the pattern of cerebellar expression of TAG-1--early migrating Purkinje cells up to E14 and external granular cells--prevents the implication of this adhesion molecule in the organization of extracerebellar projections. ..
- Kyriakopoulou K, De Diego I, Wassef M, Karagogeos D. A combination of chain and neurophilic migration involving the adhesion molecule TAG-1 in the caudal medulla. Development. 2002;129:287-96 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that the TAG-1 protein is involved as a contact-dependent signal guiding not only axonal outgrowth but also cell migration. ..
- Helms A, Johnson J. Progenitors of dorsal commissural interneurons are defined by MATH1 expression. Development. 1998;125:919-28 pubmed..Taken together, we demonstrate MATH1 expression in a differentiating population of neuronal precursors in the dorsal neural tube that appear to give rise specifically to dorsal commissural interneurons. ..
- Bielle F, Marcos Mondejar P, Keita M, Mailhes C, Verney C, Nguyen Ba Charvet K, et al. Slit2 activity in the migration of guidepost neurons shapes thalamic projections during development and evolution. Neuron. 2011;69:1085-98 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that subtle differences in the migration of conserved intermediate target neurons trigger large-scale changes in thalamic connectivity, and opens perspectives on Slit functions and the evolution of brain wiring. ..
- Parra L, Zou Y. Sonic hedgehog induces response of commissural axons to Semaphorin repulsion during midline crossing. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:29-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a morphogen, Shh, can act as a switch of axon guidance responses. ..
- Jaworski A, Long H, Tessier Lavigne M. Collaborative and specialized functions of Robo1 and Robo2 in spinal commissural axon guidance. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9445-53 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Robo1 prevents axonal stalling after crossing. Our results reveal specialized and complementary actions of Robo1 and Robo2 in commissural axon guidance and suggest the existence of an as yet unidentified Slit receptor. ..
- Traka M, Goutebroze L, Denisenko N, Bessa M, Nifli A, Havaki S, et al. Association of TAG-1 with Caspr2 is essential for the molecular organization of juxtaparanodal regions of myelinated fibers. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:1161-72 pubmed..This complex is analogous to that described previously at paranodes, suggesting that similar molecules are crucial for different types of axo-glial interactions. ..
- Wolfer D, Henehan Beatty A, Stoeckli E, Sonderegger P, Lipp H. Distribution of TAG-1/axonin-1 in fibre tracts and migratory streams of the developing mouse nervous system. J Comp Neurol. 1994;345:1-32 pubmedThe axonal cell adhesion molecule, TAG-1/axonin-1, stimulates axonal growth and supports neurite fasciculation in vitro...
- Imondi R, Jevince A, Helms A, Johnson J, Kaprielian Z. Mis-expression of L1 on pre-crossing spinal commissural axons disrupts pathfinding at the ventral midline. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;36:462-71 pubmed..These observations suggest that L1-mediated pathfinding decisions are normally delayed until axons have crossed the ventral midline (VM). ..
- Horresh I, Poliak S, Grant S, Bredt D, Rasband M, Peles E. Multiple molecular interactions determine the clustering of Caspr2 and Kv1 channels in myelinated axons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:14213-22 pubmed publisher..This mechanism is clearly distinct from the one operating at the axon initial segment, which requires PSD-93 for Kv1 channel clustering. ..
- Savvaki M, Theodorakis K, Zoupi L, Stamatakis A, Tivodar S, Kyriacou K, et al. The expression of TAG-1 in glial cells is sufficient for the formation of the juxtaparanodal complex and the phenotypic rescue of tag-1 homozygous mutants in the CNS. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13943-54 pubmed publisher..Together, these data highlight the pivotal role of myelinating glia on axonal domain differentiation and organization. ..
- Ma L, Tessier Lavigne M. Dual branch-promoting and branch-repelling actions of Slit/Robo signaling on peripheral and central branches of developing sensory axons. J Neurosci. 2007;27:6843-51 pubmed..Together, our studies reveal that Slit/Robo signaling contributes to patterning both the peripheral and central branches of sensory neurons but via distinct positive branching and negative guidance actions, respectively. ..
- Fukamauchi F, Aihara O, Wang Y, Akasaka K, Takeda Y, Horie M, et al. TAG-1-deficient mice have marked elevation of adenosine A1 receptors in the hippocampus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;281:220-6 pubmed..We suspect that the subtle changes in neural plasticity induced by TAG-1 deficiency during development cause the selective vulnerability of specific brain regions and the epileptogenicity in TAG-1 (-/-) mice. ..
- Garel S, Garcia Dominguez M, Charnay P. Control of the migratory pathway of facial branchiomotor neurones. Development. 2000;127:5297-307 pubmed..In addition, they establish a close correlation between the expression pattern of fbm neurones and their migratory behaviour, suggesting that modifications in gene expression participate in the selection of the local migratory pathway. ..
- Denaxa M, Chan C, Schachner M, Parnavelas J, Karagogeos D. The adhesion molecule TAG-1 mediates the migration of cortical interneurons from the ganglionic eminence along the corticofugal fiber system. Development. 2001;128:4635-44 pubmed..These observations reveal a mechanism by which the adhesion molecule TAG-1, known to be involved in axonal pathfinding, also takes part in neuronal migration. ..
- Poliak S, Salomon D, Elhanany H, Sabanay H, Kiernan B, Pevny L, et al. Juxtaparanodal clustering of Shaker-like K+ channels in myelinated axons depends on Caspr2 and TAG-1. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:1149-60 pubmed
- Causeret F, Hidalgo Sanchez M, Fort P, Backer S, Popoff M, Gauthier Rouvière C, et al. Distinct roles of Rac1/Cdc42 and Rho/Rock for axon outgrowth and nucleokinesis of precerebellar neurons toward netrin 1. Development. 2004;131:2841-52 pubmed
- Serafini T, Colamarino S, Leonardo E, Wang H, Beddington R, Skarnes W, et al. Netrin-1 is required for commissural axon guidance in the developing vertebrate nervous system. Cell. 1996;87:1001-14 pubmed..These results establish netrin-1 as a guidance cue that likely collaborates with other diffusible cues to guide axons in vivo. ..
- Barnes A, Lilley B, Pan Y, Plummer L, Powell A, Raines A, et al. LKB1 and SAD kinases define a pathway required for the polarization of cortical neurons. Cell. 2007;129:549-63 pubmed..Thus, we provide evidence in vivo and in vitro for a multikinase pathway that links extracellular signals to the intracellular machinery required for axon specification. ..
- Kishi M, Pan Y, Crump J, Sanes J. Mammalian SAD kinases are required for neuronal polarization. Science. 2005;307:929-32 pubmed..These kinases will provide entry points for unraveling signaling mechanisms that polarize neurons. ..
- SMITH K, Ohkubo Y, Maragnoli M, Rasin M, Schwartz M, Sestan N, et al. Midline radial glia translocation and corpus callosum formation require FGF signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:787-97 pubmed..Hence, FGFs have an important role in the transition from radial glia to astrocytes by stimulating somal translocation of radial glial cells. ..
- Jevince A, Kadison S, Pittman A, Chien C, Kaprielian Z. Distribution of EphB receptors and ephrin-B1 in the developing vertebrate spinal cord. J Comp Neurol. 2006;497:734-50 pubmed..In addition, we unexpectedly find that mesenchymal cells, which surround the spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion, express ephrin-B1. ..
- Tanaka D, Nakaya Y, Yanagawa Y, Obata K, Murakami F. Multimodal tangential migration of neocortical GABAergic neurons independent of GPI-anchored proteins. Development. 2003;130:5803-13 pubmed..At least a part of these neurons may descend toward the CP. Our results also suggest that intracortical migration of GABAergic neurons occurs independent of GPI-anchored proteins. ..
- Ashique A, Choe Y, Karlen M, May S, Phamluong K, Solloway M, et al. The Rfx4 transcription factor modulates Shh signaling by regional control of ciliogenesis. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra70 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Rfx4 is a regionally specific transcriptional regulator of ciliogenesis and thus is also a regionally specific modulator of Shh signaling during development of the central nervous system. ..
- Bruce F, Brown S, Smith J, Fuerst P, Erskine L. DSCAM promotes axon fasciculation and growth in the developing optic pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:1702-1707 pubmed publisher..These findings identify DSCAM as a permissive signal that promotes the growth and fasciculation of RGC axons, controlling the timing of when RGC axons reach their targets. ..
- Gautam V, D Avanzo C, Hebisch M, Kovacs D, Kim D. BACE1 activity regulates cell surface contactin-2 levels. Mol Neurodegener. 2014;9:4 pubmed publisher..Given the role of contactin-2 in cell adhesion, neurite outgrowth and axon guidance, our data suggest that BACE1 may play an important role in these physiological processes by regulating contactin-2 surface levels. ..
- Yip Y, Capriotti C, Drill E, Tsai L, Yip J. Cdk5 selectively affects the migration of different populations of neurons in the developing spinal cord. J Comp Neurol. 2007;503:297-307 pubmed
- Haddick P, Tom I, Luis E, Quinones G, Wranik B, Ramani S, et al. Defining the ligand specificity of the deleted in colorectal cancer (DCC) receptor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84823 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data solidifies CBLN4 as a bona fide DCC ligand and strengthens its implication in axon guidance. ..
- Lane C, Qi J, Fawcett J. NCK is critical for the development of deleted in colorectal cancer (DCC) sensitive spinal circuits. J Neurochem. 2015;134:1008-14 pubmed publisher..with a role for NCK in DCC signaling, we show that loss of NCK proteins leads to a reduction in the thickness of TAG1(+ve) commissural bundles in the floor plate and loss of DCC mRNA in vivo...
- Bacon C, Endris V, Andermatt I, Niederkofler V, Waltereit R, Bartsch D, et al. Evidence for a role of srGAP3 in the positioning of commissural axons within the ventrolateral funiculus of the mouse spinal cord. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19887 pubmed publisher..We suggest a role for srGAP3 in the lateral positioning of post crossing axons within the ventrolateral funiculus. ..
- Leggere J, Saito Y, Darnell R, Tessier Lavigne M, Junge H, Chen Z. NOVA regulates Dcc alternative splicing during neuronal migration and axon guidance in the spinal cord. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that the production of DCC splice variants controlled by NOVA has a crucial function during many stages of commissural neuron development. ..
- Wolf A, Lyuksyutova A, Fenstermaker A, Shafer B, Lo C, Zou Y. Phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-atypical protein kinase C signaling is required for Wnt attraction and anterior-posterior axon guidance. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3456-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that atypical PKC signaling is required for Wnt-mediated A-P axon guidance and that PI3K can act as a switch to activate Wnt responsiveness during midline crossing. ..
- Chen N, Koopmans F, Gordon A, Paliukhovich I, Klaassen R, van der Schors R, et al. Interaction proteomics of canonical Caspr2 (CNTNAP2) reveals the presence of two Caspr2 isoforms with overlapping interactomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1854:827-33 pubmed publisher..Interaction proteomics revealed the interactors of Caspr2, including CNTN2, KCNAs, members of the ADAM family (ADAM22, ADAM23 and ADAM11), members of LGI family and MAGUKs (DLGs and MPPs)...
- Palmesino E, Haddick P, Tessier Lavigne M, Kania A. Genetic analysis of DSCAM's role as a Netrin-1 receptor in vertebrates. J Neurosci. 2012;32:411-6 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that DSCAM is not required for Netrin-induced commissural axon outgrowth and guidance in mice. ..
- Shekhar A, Lin X, Liu F, Zhang J, Mo H, Bastarache L, et al. Transcription factor ETV1 is essential for rapid conduction in the heart. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:4444-4459 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify ETV1 as a critical factor in determining fast conduction physiology in the heart. ..
- Dennis D, Wilkinson G, Li S, Dixit R, Adnani L, Balakrishnan A, et al. Neurog2 and Ascl1 together regulate a postmitotic derepression circuit to govern laminar fate specification in the murine neocortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E4934-E4943 pubmed publisher..Proneural genes thus act in a context-dependent fashion as early determinants, promoting deep-layer neurogenesis in early cortical progenitors via input into the derepression circuit while also influencing other temporal regulators. ..
- Theodorakis K, Kyriakopoulou K, Wassef M, Karagogeos D. Novel sites of expression of the bHLH gene NSCL1 in the developing nervous system. Mech Dev. 2002;119 Suppl 1:S103-6 pubmed..Novel sites of expression of this gene include the hippocampus, septum, tectum and hypothalamic nuclei. NSCL1 is thus expressed in various neuronal populations that are either not actively proliferating or postmitotic. ..
- Gore B, Wong K, Tessier Lavigne M. Stem cell factor functions as an outgrowth-promoting factor to enable axon exit from the midline intermediate target. Neuron. 2008;57:501-10 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify SCF as a guidance cue in the CNS, and provide evidence that exiting intermediate targets requires activation of outgrowth-promoting mechanisms. ..
- Lanuza G, Gosgnach S, Pierani A, Jessell T, Goulding M. Genetic identification of spinal interneurons that coordinate left-right locomotor activity necessary for walking movements. Neuron. 2004;42:375-86 pubmed..Together, these findings identify Dbx1-dependent interneurons as key components of the spinal locomotor circuits that control stepping movements in mammals. ..
- Miesegaes G, Klisch T, Thaller C, Ahmad K, Atkinson R, Zoghbi H. Identification and subclassification of new Atoh1 derived cell populations during mouse spinal cord development. Dev Biol. 2009;327:339-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether we reveal the existence of multiple Atoh1 dependent cell types in the spinal cord, and uncover a novel progenitor domain that arises late in development. ..
- Yam P, Kent C, Morin S, Farmer W, Alchini R, Lepelletier L, et al. 14-3-3 proteins regulate a cell-intrinsic switch from sonic hedgehog-mediated commissural axon attraction to repulsion after midline crossing. Neuron. 2012;76:735-49 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we identify a 14-3-3 protein-dependent mechanism for a cell-intrinsic temporal switch in the polarity of axon turning responses. ..
- Del Río J, Gonzalez Billault C, Ureña J, Jiménez E, Barallobre M, Pascual M, et al. MAP1B is required for Netrin 1 signaling in neuronal migration and axonal guidance. Curr Biol. 2004;14:840-50 pubmed..Thus, MAP1B may be a downstream effector in the Netrin 1-signaling pathway. ..
- Whitesides J, LaMantia A. Distinct adhesive behaviors of neurons and neural precursor cells during regional differentiation in the mammalian forebrain. Dev Biol. 1995;169:229-41 pubmed..These differences are transient and can only be detected in the telencephalic vesicle before and during the morphogenesis of rudiments of major forebrain subdivisions. ..
- Gil Sanz C, Landeira B, Ramos C, Costa M, M ller U. Proliferative defects and formation of a double cortex in mice lacking Mltt4 and Cdh2 in the dorsal telencephalon. J Neurosci. 2014;34:10475-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that defects in adherens junctions components in mice massively affects progenitor cell proliferation and leads to a double cortex-like phenotype...
- Izzi L, Levesque M, Morin S, Laniel D, Wilkes B, Mille F, et al. Boc and Gas1 each form distinct Shh receptor complexes with Ptch1 and are required for Shh-mediated cell proliferation. Dev Cell. 2011;20:788-801 pubmed publisher..Together, this demonstrates an absolute requirement for Boc, Cdon, and Gas1 in Hh signaling and reveals a distinct requirement for ligand-binding components that distinguishes the vertebrate and invertebrate Hh receptor systems. ..
- Friedel R, Kerjan G, Rayburn H, Schüller U, Sotelo C, Tessier Lavigne M, et al. Plexin-B2 controls the development of cerebellar granule cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:3921-32 pubmed..Many differentiated granule cells migrate inside the cerebellum and keep proliferating. These results reveal that Plexin-B2 controls the balance between proliferation and differentiation in granule cells. ..
- Okamoto M, Namba T, Shinoda T, Kondo T, Watanabe T, Inoue Y, et al. TAG-1-assisted progenitor elongation streamlines nuclear migration to optimize subapical crowding. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1556-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, INM is essential for preventing overcrowding of nuclei and their somata, thereby ensuring normal brain histogenesis. ..
- Rousselet E, Marcinkiewicz J, Kriz J, Zhou A, Hatten M, Prat A, et al. PCSK9 reduces the protein levels of the LDL receptor in mouse brain during development and after ischemic stroke. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1383-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCSK9 downregulates LDLR levels during brain development and following transient ischemic stroke in adult mice. ..
- Eng S, Kozlov S, Turner E. Unaltered expression of Bcl-2 and TAG-1/axonin-1 precedes sensory apoptosis in Brn3a knockout mice. Neuroreport. 2003;14:173-6 pubmed..In addition, Bcl-2 and the neural cell adhesion molecule TAG-1/axonin-1 have both been implicated in sensory axon guidance...
- Charron F, Stein E, Jeong J, McMahon A, Tessier Lavigne M. The morphogen sonic hedgehog is an axonal chemoattractant that collaborates with netrin-1 in midline axon guidance. Cell. 2003;113:11-23 pubmed..These results provide evidence that Shh, acting via Smo, is a midline-derived chemoattractant for commissural axons and show that a morphogen can also act as an axonal chemoattractant. ..
- Liu J, Wu X, Zhang H, Qiu R, Yoshikawa K, Lu Q. Prospective separation and transcriptome analyses of cortical projection neurons and interneurons based on lineage tracing by Tbr2 (Eomes)-GFP/Dcx-mRFP reporters. Dev Neurobiol. 2016;76:587-99 pubmed publisher..These data present a resource useful for further investigation of the molecular regulations and functions of projection neurons and interneurons. ..
- Lewis P, Gritli Linde A, Smeyne R, Kottmann A, McMahon A. Sonic hedgehog signaling is required for expansion of granule neuron precursors and patterning of the mouse cerebellum. Dev Biol. 2004;270:393-410 pubmed..Together, these findings provide additional evidence for Shh's key regulatory role in controlling growth of the cerebellar primordium. ..
- Wolfer D, Giger R, Stagliar M, Sonderegger P, Lipp H. Expression of the axon growth-related neural adhesion molecule TAG-1/axonin-1 in the adult mouse brain. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1998;197:177-85 pubmedTAG-1/axonin-1 is a neuronal cell adhesion molecule of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is predominantly expressed during neural development and has been reported to be involved in axonal growth and pathfinding...
- Masuda T, Fukamauchi F, Takeda Y, Fujisawa H, Watanabe K, Okado N, et al. Developmental regulation of notochord-derived repulsion for dorsal root ganglion axons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;25:217-27 pubmed..the notochord provides repulsive signals for dorsal root ganglion (DRG) axons via semaphorin 3A/neuropilin-1, axonin-1/SC2, and other unknown repulsive molecules...
- Pfaff S, Mendelsohn M, Stewart C, Edlund T, Jessell T. Requirement for LIM homeobox gene Isl1 in motor neuron generation reveals a motor neuron-dependent step in interneuron differentiation. Cell. 1996;84:309-20 pubmed..These results show that ISL1 is required for the generation of motor neurons and suggest that motor neuron generation is required for the subsequent differentiation of certain interneurons. ..
- Okada A, Charron F, Morin S, Shin D, Wong K, Fabre P, et al. Boc is a receptor for sonic hedgehog in the guidance of commissural axons. Nature. 2006;444:369-73 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that Boc is essential as a receptor for Shh in commissural axon guidance. ..
- Orioli D, Henkemeyer M, Lemke G, Klein R, Pawson T. Sek4 and Nuk receptors cooperate in guidance of commissural axons and in palate formation. EMBO J. 1996;15:6035-49 pubmed..These results demonstrate essential and cooperative functions for Sek4 and Nuk in establishing axon pathways in the developing brain, and during the development of facial structures. ..
- Phan K, Hazen V, Frendo M, Jia Z, Butler S. The bone morphogenetic protein roof plate chemorepellent regulates the rate of commissural axonal growth. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15430-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that guidance cues can specify information about the rate of growth, to ensure that axons reach subsequent signals either at particular times or speeds during development. ..
- Cotrufo T, Andrés R, Ros O, Perez Branguli F, Muhaisen A, Fuschini G, et al. Syntaxin 1 is required for DCC/Netrin-1-dependent chemoattraction of migrating neurons from the lower rhombic lip. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:3152-64 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that a Sytx1/DCC interaction is required for Netrin-1 guidance of migrating neurons, thereby highlighting a relationship between guidance signaling and SNARE proteins that regulate membrane turnover. ..
- Brouns M, Matheson S, Settleman J. p190 RhoGAP is the principal Src substrate in brain and regulates axon outgrowth, guidance and fasciculation. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:361-7 pubmed
- Bastakis G, Savvaki M, Stamatakis A, Vidaki M, Karagogeos D. Tag1 deficiency results in olfactory dysfunction through impaired migration of mitral cells. Development. 2015;142:4318-28 pubmed publisher..We show that the absence of transient axonal glycoprotein-1 (Tag1)/contactin-2 (Cntn2) in mice results in a significant and selective defect in the number of the main projection neurons in the ..
- Pierani A, Moran Rivard L, Sunshine M, Littman D, Goulding M, Jessell T. Control of interneuron fate in the developing spinal cord by the progenitor homeodomain protein Dbx1. Neuron. 2001;29:367-84 pubmed..Thus, a single progenitor homeodomain transcription factor coordinates many of the differentiated properties of one class of interneurons generated in the ventral spinal cord. ..
- Favero C, Henshaw R, Grimsley Myers C, Shrestha A, Beier D, Dwyer N. Mutation of the BiP/GRP78 gene causes axon outgrowth and fasciculation defects in the thalamocortical connections of the mammalian forebrain. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:677-96 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate a sensitive requirement for the endoplasmic reticulum chaperone BiP/GRP78 during axon outgrowth and pathfinding in the developing mammalian brain. ..
- Inaki K, Nishimura S, Nakashiba T, Itohara S, Yoshihara Y. Laminar organization of the developing lateral olfactory tract revealed by differential expression of cell recognition molecules. J Comp Neurol. 2004;479:243-56 pubmed..These results suggest that newly generated immature axons are added to the most superficial lamina of LOT successively, leading to the formation of piled laminas with different maturational stages of the mitral cell axons. ..
- Duflocq A, Chareyre F, Giovannini M, Couraud F, Davenne M. Characterization of the axon initial segment (AIS) of motor neurons and identification of a para-AIS and a juxtapara-AIS, organized by protein 4.1B. BMC Biol. 2011;9:66 pubmed publisher..Protein 4.1B plays a key role in ensuring the proper molecular compartmentalization of this hemi-node-type region. ..
- Pallante B, Giovannone S, Fang Yu L, Zhang J, Liu N, Kang G, et al. Contactin-2 expression in the cardiac Purkinje fiber network. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2010;3:186-94 pubmed publisher..The most highly enriched transcript in Purkinje fibers encoded Contactin-2 (Cntn2), a cell adhesion molecule critical for neuronal patterning and ion channel clustering...