Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cntfr
Description: ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor
Alias: Cntfralpha, ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor subunit alpha, CNTF receptor subunit alpha
- Spies T, DeMars R. Restored expression of major histocompatibility class I molecules by gene transfer of a putative peptide transporter. Nature. 1991;351:323-4 pubmed..No similar effect was observed in 721.174 mutant cells, in which a homozygous deletion includes PSF among several other closely linked genes. At least one of these genes may therefore also be required for PSF function. ..
- Lee N, Batt M, Cronier B, Jackson M, Bruno Garza J, Trinh D, et al. Ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor regulation of adult forebrain neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2013;33:1241-58 pubmed publisher..Disruption of in vivo CNTF receptor signaling in SVZ NSP cells, with a "floxed" CNTF receptor ? (CNTFR?) mouse line and a gene construct driving Cre recombinase (Cre) expression in NSP cells, led to increases in SVZ-..
- Garcia N, Santafe M, Tomas M, Priego M, Obis T, Lanuza M, et al. Exogenous ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) reduces synaptic depression during repetitive stimulation. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2012;17:312-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that, unlike neurotrophins, exogenous CNTF does not acutely modulate transmitter release locally at the mammalian neuromuscular synapse but can protect mature end plates from activity-induced synaptic depression. ..
- Miotke J, MacLennan A, Meyer R. Immunohistochemical localization of CNTFRalpha in adult mouse retina and optic nerve following intraorbital nerve crush: evidence for the axonal loss of a trophic factor receptor after injury. J Comp Neurol. 2007;500:384-400 pubmed..To address this discrepancy, we used immunohistochemistry to analyze the expression of CNTF receptor alpha (CNTFRalpha) in mouse retina and optic nerve following intraorbital nerve crush...
- Gregg C, Weiss S. CNTF/LIF/gp130 receptor complex signaling maintains a VZ precursor differentiation gradient in the developing ventral forebrain. Development. 2005;132:565-78 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel region-specific role for CNTF/LIF/gp130 signaling in the development of the germinal layers of the embryonic telencephalon. ..
- Young W, Smith S, Chang C. Induction of the intronic enhancer of the human ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor (CNTFRalpha) gene by the TR4 orphan receptor. A member of steroid receptor superfamily. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:3109-16 pubmed..has been identified in the 5th intron of the alpha component of the ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor (CNTFRalpha) gene for the human TR4 orphan receptor (TR4)...
- Valenzuela D, Stitt T, DiStefano P, Rojas E, Mattsson K, Compton D, et al. Receptor tyrosine kinase specific for the skeletal muscle lineage: expression in embryonic muscle, at the neuromuscular junction, and after injury. Neuron. 1995;15:573-84 pubmed..Identification of MuSK introduces a novel receptor-factor system that seems sure to play an important and selective role in many aspects of skeletal muscle development and function. ..
- Guillet C, Lelievre E, Plun Favreau H, Froger J, Chabbert M, Hermann J, et al. Functionally active fusion protein of the novel composite cytokine CLC/soluble CNTF receptor. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:1932-41 pubmed..The monomeric bioactive CLC/sCNTFR fusion protein is therefore a powerful tool to study the biological role of the recently described cytokine CLC. ..
- Park J, Howell M, Winseck A, Forger N. Effects of testosterone on the development of a sexually dimorphic neuromuscular system in ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor knockout mice. J Neurobiol. 1999;41:317-25 pubmed..by trophic factors-in particular, by a factor acting through the ciliary neurotrophic factor alpha-receptor (CNTFRalpha)...
- Santoro T, Maguire J, McBride O, Avraham K, Copeland N, Jenkins N, et al. Chromosomal organization and transcriptional regulation of human GEM and localization of the human and mouse GEM loci encoding an inducible Ras-like protein. Genomics. 1995;30:558-64 pubmed..To gain insight into the transcriptional regulation of GEM, we have established the transcriptional initiation site of GEM in human T cells and defined a 5' upstream region sufficient for mitogen-responsive, inducible transcription. ..
- Arlotta P, Miyazaki D, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Ono S. Murine NFX.1: isolation and characterization of its messenger RNA, mapping of its chromosomal location and assessment of its developmental expression. Immunology. 2002;106:173-81 pubmed..Expression profiling shows that m-NFX.1 is expressed ubiquitously in both adult tissues and during development, supporting the hypothesis that it may have yet-undescribed roles in distinct biological processes. ..
- Oppenheim R, Wiese S, Prevette D, Armanini M, Wang S, Houenou L, et al. Cardiotrophin-1, a muscle-derived cytokine, is required for the survival of subpopulations of developing motoneurons. J Neurosci. 2001;21:1283-91 pubmed..Importantly, in mice lacking the LIFRbeta or the CNTFRalpha there is a significant loss of MNs during embryonic development...
- de Bovis B, Derouet D, Gauchat J, Elson G, Gascan H, Delapeyrière O. clc is co-expressed with clf or cntfr in developing mouse muscles. Cell Commun Signal. 2005;3:1 pubmed..the leukaemia inhibitory factor receptor, associated with a non-signalling CNTF binding receptor alpha component (CNTFR)...
- Ozog M, Modha G, Church J, Reilly R, Naus C. Co-administration of ciliary neurotrophic factor with its soluble receptor protects against neuronal death and enhances neurite outgrowth. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6546-60 pubmed..the biological actions of the cytokine are mediated by a complex formed between CNTF and its specific receptor, CNTFRalpha, which exists in both membrane-bound and soluble forms...
- Uemura A, Takizawa T, Ochiai W, Yanagisawa M, Nakashima K, Taga T. Cardiotrophin-like cytokine induces astrocyte differentiation of fetal neuroepithelial cells via activation of STAT3. Cytokine. 2002;18:1-7 pubmed..These results suggest that CLC plays a role in astrocyte differentiation via STAT3 activation within the developing brain. ..
- Nichols J, Davidson D, Taga T, Yoshida K, Chambers I, Smith A. Complementary tissue-specific expression of LIF and LIF-receptor mRNAs in early mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1996;57:123-31 pubmed..These dynamic, tissue-specific expression patterns are consistent with regulatory roles for LIF or related cytokines, both in the maintenance of pluripotency in the mouse embryo, and in development of the foeto-maternal interface. ..
- Stubbs L, Chittenden L, Chakrabarti A, Onaivi E. The gene encoding the central cannabinoid receptor is located in proximal mouse Chromosome 4. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:165-6 pubmed
- Lee N, Spearry R, Leahy K, Robitz R, Trinh D, Mason C, et al. Muscle ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor ? promotes axonal regeneration and functional recovery following peripheral nerve lesion. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:2947-65 pubmed publisher..Expression of CNTF receptor ? (CNTFR?), an essential CNTF receptor component, is greatly increased in skeletal muscle following neuromuscular insult...
- Valenzuela D, Rojas E, Le Beau M, Espinosa R, Brannan C, McClain J, et al. Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the human and mouse genes encoding the alpha receptor component for ciliary neurotrophic factor. Genomics. 1995;25:157-63 pubmed..However, the CNTF receptor complex also includes a CNTF-specific component known as CNTF receptor alpha (CNTFR alpha). Here we describe the molecular cloning of the human and mouse genes encoding CNTFR...
- Cousinery M, Li R, Vannitamby A, Vikraman J, Southwell B, Hutson J. Neurotrophin signaling in a genitofemoral nerve target organ during testicular descent in mice. J Pediatr Surg. 2016;51:1321-6 pubmed publisher..and fluorescent immunohistochemistry for ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF), ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor (CNTFR) and cell nuclei (DAPI)...
- Lee N, Serbinski C, Braunlin M, Rasch M, Rydyznski C, MacLennan A. Muscle and motor neuron ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor ? together maintain adult motor neuron axons in vivo. Eur J Neurosci. 2016;44:3023-3034 pubmed publisher..we used adult onset mouse genetic disruption techniques to deplete motor neuron and muscle CNTF receptor ? (CNTFR?), the essential ligand binding subunit of the receptor, and incorporated reporters labelling affected motor ..
- Terrado J, Burgess R, DeChiara T, Yancopoulos G, Sanes J, Kato A. Motoneuron survival is enhanced in the absence of neuromuscular junction formation in embryos. J Neurosci. 2001;21:3144-50 pubmed..Finally, we examined motoneurons in double mutants of CNTFRalpha(-/-) (in which there is a partial loss of motoneurons) and MuSK(-/-) (in which there is an increased survival of ..
- Oberle S, Schober A, Meyer V, Holtmann B, Henderson C, Sendtner M, et al. Loss of leukemia inhibitory factor receptor beta or cardiotrophin-1 causes similar deficits in preganglionic sympathetic neurons and adrenal medulla. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1823-32 pubmed..Thus, both somatic motoneurons and PSNs in the spinal cord depend on LIFRbeta signaling for their development and maintenance, although PSNs seem to be overall less affected than somatic motoneurons by LIFRbeta deprivation...