Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cltc
Description: clathrin, heavy polypeptide (Hc)
Alias: 3110065L21Rik, CHC, R74732, clathrin heavy chain 1
- Huang G, Shan H, Li D, Zhou B, Pang P. MiR-199a-5p suppresses tumorigenesis by targeting clathrin heavy chain in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:98-104 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CLTC was defined as a potential direct target of miR-199a-5p by MiRanda and TargetScan predictions...
- Moulakakis C, SteinhÃ¤user C, Biedziak D, Freundt K, Reiling N, Stamme C. Surfactant Protein A Enhances Constitutive Immune Functions of Clathrin Heavy Chain and Clathrin Adaptor Protein 2. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2016;55:92-104 pubmed publisher..The central endocytic proteins, clathrin heavy chain (CHC) and the clathrin adaptor protein (AP) complex AP2, have pivotal alternative roles in cellular homeostasis that are ..
- Grossman G, Ebke L, Beight C, Jang G, Crabb J, Hagstrom S. Protein partners of dynamin-1 in the retina. Vis Neurosci. 2013;30:129-39 pubmed publisher..This finding is confirmed by western blot analysis. Results further implicate dynamin-1 in vesicular protein transport processes relevant to synaptic and post-Golgi pathways and indicate a possible role in photoreceptor stability. ..
- Shen H, Ferguson S, Dephoure N, Park R, Yang Y, Volpicelli Daley L, et al. Constitutive activated Cdc42-associated kinase (Ack) phosphorylation at arrested endocytic clathrin-coated pits of cells that lack dynamin. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:493-502 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a link between progression of clathrin-coated pits to endocytic vesicles and an activation-deactivation cycle of Ack. ..
- Wilhelmsen K, Copp J, Glenn G, Hoffman R, Tucker P, van der Geer P. Purification and identification of protein-tyrosine kinase-binding proteins using synthetic phosphopeptides as affinity reagents. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2004;3:887-95 pubmed..Novel protein-protein interactions may provide useful targets for the development of drugs that interfere with the activation of signaling cascades used by protein-tyrosine kinases to turn on cell division. ..
- Wu N, Zheng B, SHAYWITZ A, Dagon Y, Tower C, Bellinger G, et al. AMPK-dependent degradation of TXNIP upon energy stress leads to enhanced glucose uptake via GLUT1. Mol Cell. 2013;49:1167-75 pubmed publisher..The glucose influx through GLUT1 restores ATP-to-ADP ratios in the short run and ultimately induces TXNIP protein production to suppress glucose uptake once energy homeostasis is reestablished. ..
- Natsume W, Tanabe K, Kon S, Yoshida N, Watanabe T, Torii T, et al. SMAP2, a novel ARF GTPase-activating protein, interacts with clathrin and clathrin assembly protein and functions on the AP-1-positive early endosome/trans-Golgi network. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2592-603 pubmed..Like SMAP1, SMAP2 exhibits GAP activity and interacts with clathrin heavy chain (CHC). Furthermore, we show that SMAP2 interacts with the clathrin assembly protein CALM...
- Urs N, Jones K, Salo P, Severin J, Trejo J, Radhakrishna H. A requirement for membrane cholesterol in the beta-arrestin- and clathrin-dependent endocytosis of LPA1 lysophosphatidic acid receptors. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5291-304 pubmed..These data indicate that although LPA(1) is internalized by clathrin- and beta-arrestin dependent endocytosis, membrane cholesterol is critical for LPA(1) signaling, membrane recruitment of beta-arrestins and LPA(1) endocytosis. ..
- Chen P, Chien F, Lee S, Chan W, Lin I, Liu C, et al. Identification of a novel function of the clathrin-coated structure at the plasma membrane in facilitating GM-CSF receptor-mediated activation of JAK2. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:3611-26 pubmed publisher..But JAK2V617F seems to be constitutively in an open conformation for CK2 activation. Together, this study reveals a novel functional role of CCSs in GMR signaling and the oncogenesis of JAK2V617F. ..
- Moran A, Hunt D, Javid S, Redston M, Carothers A, Bertagnolli M. Apc deficiency is associated with increased Egfr activity in the intestinal enterocytes and adenomas of C57BL/6J-Min/+ mice. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:43261-72 pubmed..Tumors exhibited increased association of Egfr with clathrin heavy chain (CHC), Gab1, and p85alpha, the regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), and tumors also overexpressed c-..
- Cerqueira D, Tran U, Romaker D, Abreu J, Wessely O. Sterol carrier protein 2 regulates proximal tubule size in the Xenopus pronephric kidney by modulating lipid rafts. Dev Biol. 2014;394:54-64 pubmed publisher..Together these data underscore the importance for localized signaling platforms in the proper formation of the Xenopus kidney. ..
- Lu A, Zhou C, Wang D, Han Z, Kong X, Ma Y, et al. Cytoskeleton-associated protein 5 and clathrin heavy chain binding regulates spindle assembly in mouse oocytes. Oncotarget. 2017;8:17491-17503 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, co-immunoprecipitation showed that CKAP5 bound to clathrin heavy chain 1 (CLTC)...
- Hägele H, Allam R, Pawar R, Reichel C, Krombach F, Anders H. Double-stranded DNA activates glomerular endothelial cells and enhances albumin permeability via a toll-like receptor-independent cytosolic DNA recognition pathway. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1896-904 pubmed publisher..This innate antiviral response program suggests a novel pathomechanism regulating DNA virus-mediated induction or aggravation of glomerulonephritis. ..
- Piccoli G, Condliffe S, Bauer M, Giesert F, Boldt K, De Astis S, et al. LRRK2 controls synaptic vesicle storage and mobilization within the recycling pool. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2225-37 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LRRK2 modulates synaptic vesicle trafficking and distribution in neurons and in consequence participates in regulating the dynamics between vesicle pools inside the presynaptic bouton...
- Lee D, Zhao X, Yim Y, Eisenberg E, Greene L. Essential role of cyclin-G-associated kinase (Auxilin-2) in developing and mature mice. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2766-76 pubmed publisher..We conclude that GAK deletion blocks development and causes lethality in adult animals by disrupting clathrin-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Jackson M, Baird J, Nichols J, Wilkie R, Ansell J, Graham G, et al. Expression of a novel homeobox gene Ehox in trophoblast stem cells and pharyngeal pouch endoderm. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:740-4 pubmed
- Jiang Y, He X, Howe P. Disabled-2 (Dab2) inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signalling by binding LRP6 and promoting its internalization through clathrin. EMBO J. 2012;31:2336-49 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the tumour suppressor functions of Dab2 involve modulation of canonical Wnt signalling by regulating the endocytic fate of the LRP6 receptor. ..
- Sohrab S, Petrusca D, Lockett A, Schweitzer K, Rush N, Gu Y, et al. Mechanism of alpha-1 antitrypsin endocytosis by lung endothelium. FASEB J. 2009;23:3149-58 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that clathrin-mediated endocytosis regulates A1AT intracellular function in the lung endothelium and may be an important determinant of the serpin's protection against developing cigarette smoke-induced emphysema. ..
- Raiborg C, Wesche J, Malerød L, Stenmark H. Flat clathrin coats on endosomes mediate degradative protein sorting by scaffolding Hrs in dynamic microdomains. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2414-24 pubmed..We conclude that clathrin is responsible for concentrating Hrs in endosomal microdomains specialised for recognition of ubiquitylated membrane proteins, thus enabling efficient sorting of cargo into the degradative pathway. ..
- Nandez R, Balkin D, Messa M, Liang L, Paradise S, Czapla H, et al. A role of OCRL in clathrin-coated pit dynamics and uncoating revealed by studies of Lowe syndrome cells. elife. 2014;3:e02975 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that OCRL acts as an uncoating factor and that defects in clathrin-mediated endocytosis likely contribute to pathology in patients with OCRL mutations. ..
- Bhanot K, Young K, Kothary R. MAP1B and clathrin are novel interacting partners of the giant cyto-linker dystonin. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:5118-27 pubmed publisher..This work will further facilitate our understanding of how cytoskeletal proteins can affect and regulate neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Vassilopoulos S, Gentil C, Laine J, Buclez P, Franck A, Ferry A, et al. Actin scaffolding by clathrin heavy chain is required for skeletal muscle sarcomere organization. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:377-93 pubmed publisherThe ubiquitous clathrin heavy chain (CHC), the main component of clathrin-coated vesicles, is well characterized for its role in intracellular membrane traffic and endocytosis from the plasma membrane (PM)...
- Na J, Lykke Andersen K, Torres Padilla M, Zernicka Goetz M. Dishevelled proteins regulate cell adhesion in mouse blastocyst and serve to monitor changes in Wnt signaling. Dev Biol. 2007;302:40-9 pubmed..This suggests that perturbing Dvl function interferes with cell-cell adhesion through the non-canonical Wnt pathway in blastocysts. ..
- Shin S, Vogt E, Jimenez Movilla M, Baibakov B, Dean J. Cytoplasmic cleavage of DPPA3 is required for intracellular trafficking and cleavage-stage development in mice. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1643 pubmed publisher..Thus, the N-terminus of DPPA3 has a significant role in cytoplasmic vesicular trafficking in addition to its previously reported nuclear function. ..
- Hinrichsen L, Harborth J, Andrees L, Weber K, Ungewickell E. Effect of clathrin heavy chain- and alpha-adaptin-specific small inhibitory RNAs on endocytic accessory proteins and receptor trafficking in HeLa cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45160-70 pubmed..Since neither clathrin nor AP-2 is essential for the internalization of EGF, we conclude that it is taken up by an alternative mechanism. ..
- Yu C, Rafiq N, Cao F, Zhou Y, Krishnasamy A, Biswas K, et al. Integrin-beta3 clusters recruit clathrin-mediated endocytic machinery in the absence of traction force. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8672 pubmed publisher..From these observations, we propose that loss of traction force on ligand-bound integrin-beta3 causes recruitment of Dab2/clathrin, resulting in endocytosis of integrins. ..
- Zhao J, Wang L, Zhou H, Liu L, Lu A, Li G, et al. Clathrin heavy chain 1 is required for spindle assembly and chromosome congression in mouse oocytes. Microsc Microanal. 2013;19:1364-73 pubmed publisherb>Clathrin heavy chain 1 (CLTC) has been considered a “moonlighting protein” which acts in membrane trafficking during interphase and in stabilizing spindle fibers during mitosis...
- Yao L, Rao Y, Varga K, Wang C, Xiao P, Lindau M, et al. Synaptotagmin 1 is necessary for the Ca2+ dependence of clathrin-mediated endocytosis. J Neurosci. 2012;32:3778-85 pubmed publisher..Our results thus suggest that Syt1 is necessary for the Ca²? dependence of CME. ..
- Di Paolo G, Sankaranarayanan S, Wenk M, Daniell L, Perucco E, Caldarone B, et al. Decreased synaptic vesicle recycling efficiency and cognitive deficits in amphiphysin 1 knockout mice. Neuron. 2002;33:789-804 pubmed..These defects correlate with increased mortality due to rare irreversible seizures and with major learning deficits, suggesting a critical role of amphiphysin for higher brain functions. ..
- Geffers I, Serth K, Chapman G, Jaekel R, Schuster Gossler K, Cordes R, et al. Divergent functions and distinct localization of the Notch ligands DLL1 and DLL3 in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:465-76 pubmed..They suggest that DLL3 does not antagonize DLL1 in the presomitic mesoderm and warrant further analyses of potential physiological functions of DLL3 in the Golgi network. ..
- Neef J, Jung S, Wong A, Reuter K, Pangrsic T, Chakrabarti R, et al. Modes and regulation of endocytic membrane retrieval in mouse auditory hair cells. J Neurosci. 2014;34:705-16 pubmed publisher..We propose that IHCs use dynamin-dependent endocytosis via CME to support vesicle cycling during mild stimulation but recruit bulk endocytosis to balance massive exocytosis. ..
- Mortensen M, Ferguson D, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Morten K, Komatsu M, et al. Loss of autophagy in erythroid cells leads to defective removal of mitochondria and severe anemia in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:832-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that the selective removal of mitochondria by autophagy, but not other organelles, during erythropoeisis is essential and that this is a necessary developmental step in erythroid cells...
- Grego Bessa J, Bloomekatz J, Castel P, Omelchenko T, Baselga J, Anderson K. The tumor suppressor PTEN and the PDK1 kinase regulate formation of the columnar neural epithelium. elife. 2016;5:e12034 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that appropriate levels of membrane-associated PDPK1 are required for stabilization of apical junctions, which promotes cell elongation, during epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Chakrabandhu K, Huault S, Garmy N, Fantini J, Stebe E, Mailfert S, et al. The extracellular glycosphingolipid-binding motif of Fas defines its internalization route, mode and outcome of signals upon activation by ligand. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:1824-37 pubmed publisher..Through biochemical, biophysical, and genetic approaches, we present a protein/lipid-based mechanism as a key to the versatility of the signal transduction by the multifunctional Fas receptor-ligand system. ..
- Engqvist Goldstein A, Kessels M, Chopra V, Hayden M, Drubin D. An actin-binding protein of the Sla2/Huntingtin interacting protein 1 family is a novel component of clathrin-coated pits and vesicles. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1503-18 pubmed..These data show that mHip1R is a component of clathrin-coated pits and vesicles and suggest that it might link the endocytic machinery to the actin cytoskeleton. ..