Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Clec9a
Description: C-type lectin domain family 9, member a
Alias: 9830005G06Rik, DNGR-1, C-type lectin domain family 9 member A, dendritic cell natural killer lectin group receptor 1
- Caminschi I, Proietto A, Ahmet F, Kitsoulis S, Shin Teh J, Lo J, et al. The dendritic cell subtype-restricted C-type lectin Clec9A is a target for vaccine enhancement. Blood. 2008;112:3264-73 pubmed publisherA novel dendritic cell (DC)-restricted molecule, Clec9A, was identified by gene expression profiling of mouse DC subtypes. Based on sequence similarity, a human ortholog was identified...
- Huysamen C, Willment J, Dennehy K, Brown G. CLEC9A is a novel activation C-type lectin-like receptor expressed on BDCA3+ dendritic cells and a subset of monocytes. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16693-701 pubmed publisherWe describe here the first characterization of CLEC9A, a group V C-type lectin-like receptor located in the "Dectin-1 cluster" of related receptors, which are encoded within the natural killer (NK)-gene complex...
- Zelenay S, Keller A, Whitney P, Schraml B, Deddouche S, Rogers N, et al. The dendritic cell receptor DNGR-1 controls endocytic handling of necrotic cell antigens to favor cross-priming of CTLs in virus-infected mice. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1615-27 pubmed publisherDNGR-1 (CLEC9A) is a receptor for necrotic cells required by DCs to cross-prime CTLs against dead cell antigens in mice. It is currently unknown how DNGR-1 couples dead cell recognition to cross-priming...
- Iborra S, Izquierdo H, Martínez López M, Blanco Menéndez N, Reis E Sousa C, Sancho D. The DC receptor DNGR-1 mediates cross-priming of CTLs during vaccinia virus infection in mice. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1628-43 pubmed publisher..DNGR-1 (CLEC9A) is a DC-restricted receptor that detects dead cells...
- Sancho D, Mourão Sá D, Joffre O, Schulz O, Rogers N, Pennington D, et al. Tumor therapy in mice via antigen targeting to a novel, DC-restricted C-type lectin. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2098-110 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DNGR-1 is a novel, highly specific marker of mouse and human DC subsets that can be exploited for CTL cross-priming and tumor therapy. ..
- Sancho D, Joffre O, Keller A, Rogers N, Martinez D, Hernanz Falcón P, et al. Identification of a dendritic cell receptor that couples sensing of necrosis to immunity. Nature. 2009;458:899-903 pubmed publisher..Here we show that CD8alpha+ dendritic cells use CLEC9A (also known as DNGR-1), a recently-characterized C-type lectin, to recognize a preformed signal that is exposed on ..
- Schraml B, van Blijswijk J, Zelenay S, Whitney P, Filby A, Acton S, et al. Genetic tracing via DNGR-1 expression history defines dendritic cells as a hematopoietic lineage. Cell. 2013;154:843-58 pubmed publisher..These studies provide an in vivo model for fate mapping of DCs, distinguishing them from other leukocyte lineages, and thus help to unravel the functional complexity of the mononuclear phagocyte system. ..
- Ahrens S, Zelenay S, Sancho D, Hanč P, Kjær S, Feest C, et al. F-actin is an evolutionarily conserved damage-associated molecular pattern recognized by DNGR-1, a receptor for dead cells. Immunity. 2012;36:635-45 pubmed publisher..In this regard, we have previously described DNGR-1 (CLEC9A) as a DC-restricted receptor specific for an unidentified DAMP that is exposed by necrotic cells and is necessary ..
- Zhang J, Czabotar P, Policheni A, Caminschi I, Wan S, Kitsoulis S, et al. The dendritic cell receptor Clec9A binds damaged cells via exposed actin filaments. Immunity. 2012;36:646-57 pubmed publisher..The damaged cell-recognition molecule Clec9A is expressed on the surface of the mouse and human dendritic cell subsets specialized for the uptake and ..
- Piva L, Tetlak P, Claser C, Karjalainen K, Renia L, Ruedl C. Cutting edge: Clec9A+ dendritic cells mediate the development of experimental cerebral malaria. J Immunol. 2012;189:1128-32 pubmed publisher..of different dendritic cell (DC) subsets in Plasmodium-induced pathology, we have generated a transgenic strain, Clec9A-diphtheria toxin receptor that allows us to ablate in vivo Clec9A(+) DCs...
- Hanč P, Schulz O, Fischbach H, Martin S, Kjær S, Reis E Sousa C. A pH- and ionic strength-dependent conformational change in the neck region regulates DNGR-1 function in dendritic cells. EMBO J. 2016;35:2484-2497 pubmed
- Lahoud M, Ahmet F, Kitsoulis S, Wan S, Vremec D, Lee C, et al. Targeting antigen to mouse dendritic cells via Clec9A induces potent CD4 T cell responses biased toward a follicular helper phenotype. J Immunol. 2011;187:842-50 pubmed publisher..For the production of cytotoxic T cells, DEC-205 and Clec9A, but not Clec12A, were effective targets, although only in the presence of adjuvants...
- Idoyaga J, Lubkin A, Fiorese C, Lahoud M, Caminschi I, Huang Y, et al. Comparable T helper 1 (Th1) and CD8 T-cell immunity by targeting HIV gag p24 to CD8 dendritic cells within antibodies to Langerin, DEC205, and Clec9A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2384-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we compared the capacity of Langerin/CD207, DEC205/CD205, and Clec9A receptors, each expressed on the CD8(+) DC subset in mice, to bring about immunization of microbial-specific T ..
- Durant L, Pereira C, Boakye A, Makris S, Kausar F, Goritzka M, et al. DNGR-1 is dispensable for CD8+ T-cell priming during respiratory syncytial virus infection. Eur J Immunol. 2014;44:2340-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, direct presentation by DCs may be the major pathway initiating CD8(+) T-cell responses to RSV, while DNGR-1-dependent cross-presentation has no detectable role. ..
- HanÄ P, Fujii T, Iborra S, Yamada Y, Huotari J, Schulz O, et al. Structure of the Complex of F-Actin and DNGR-1, a C-Type Lectin Receptor Involved in Dendritic Cell Cross-Presentation of Dead Cell-Associated Antigens. Immunity. 2015;42:839-849 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on modes of actin binding by cellular proteins and reveal how extracellular detection of cytoskeletal components by dedicated receptors allows immune monitoring of loss of cellular integrity. ..
- Iborra S, Martínez López M, Khouili S, Enamorado M, Cueto F, Conde Garrosa R, et al. Optimal Generation of Tissue-Resident but Not Circulating Memory T Cells during Viral Infection Requires Crosspriming by DNGR-1+ Dendritic Cells. Immunity. 2016;45:847-860 pubmed publisher..Moreover, protective immunity depended on optimal Trm cell induction by DNGR-1+ DCs. Our results reveal specific priming requirements for CD8+ Trm cells during viral infection and vaccination. ..
- Macri C, Dumont C, Panozza S, Lahoud M, Caminschi I, Villadangos J, et al. Antibody-mediated targeting of antigen to C-type lectin-like receptors Clec9A and Clec12A elicits different vaccination outcomes. Mol Immunol. 2017;81:143-150 pubmed publisher..C-type lectin-like receptors Clec9A and Clec12A are attractive receptor targets however their targeting in vivo elicits significantly different ..
- Haddad Y, Lahoute C, Clement M, Laurans L, Metghalchi S, Zeboudj L, et al. The Dendritic Cell Receptor DNGR-1 Promotes the Development of Atherosclerosis in Mice. Circ Res. 2017;121:234-243 pubmed publisher..b>Clec9a (C-type lectin receptor) or DNGR-1 (dendritic cell NK lectin group receptor-1) is preferentially expressed by the ..
- Caminschi I, Vremec D, Ahmet F, Lahoud M, Villadangos J, Murphy K, et al. Antibody responses initiated by Clec9A-bearing dendritic cells in normal and Batf3(-/-) mice. Mol Immunol. 2012;50:9-17 pubmed publisherInjection of antigens coupled to antibodies against the dendritic cell (DC) surface molecule Clec9A has been shown to produce strongly enhanced antibody responses even without co-administration of adjuvants, via antigen presentation by DC ..
- van Blijswijk J, Schraml B, Rogers N, Whitney P, Zelenay S, Acton S, et al. Altered lymph node composition in diphtheria toxin receptor-based mouse models to ablate dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2015;194:307-15 pubmed publisher..It further indicates that DTR, a member of the epidermal growth factor family, is biologically active in mice. Its use in cell ablation experiments needs to be considered in light of this activity. ..
- Helft J, BÃ¶ttcher J, Chakravarty P, Zelenay S, Huotari J, Schraml B, et al. GM-CSF Mouse Bone Marrow Cultures Comprise a Heterogeneous Population of CD11c(+)MHCII(+) Macrophages and Dendritic Cells. Immunity. 2015;42:1197-211 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for the interpretation of a vast array of data obtained with DC culture systems. ..
- Kedl R, Lindsay R, Finlon J, Lucas E, Friedman R, Tamburini B. Migratory dendritic cells acquire and present lymphatic endothelial cell-archived antigens during lymph node contraction. Nat Commun. 2017;8:2034 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, LEC-archived antigens are exchanged with migratory DCs, both directly and through LEC apoptosis, to cross-present archived antigens to circulating T cells. ..
- Poulin L, Reyal Y, Uronen Hansson H, Schraml B, Sancho D, Murphy K, et al. DNGR-1 is a specific and universal marker of mouse and human Batf3-dependent dendritic cells in lymphoid and nonlymphoid tissues. Blood. 2012;119:6052-62 pubmed publisher..Here we show that mouse CD8?(+) DCs and CD103(+) CD11b(-) DCs can be defined by shared high expression of DNGR-1 (CLEC9A)...
- Whitney P, Bär E, Osorio F, Rogers N, Schraml B, Deddouche S, et al. Syk signaling in dendritic cells orchestrates innate resistance to systemic fungal infection. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004276 pubmed publisher..Thus, the activity of a single kinase in a single myeloid cell type orchestrates a complex series of molecular and cellular events that underlies innate resistance to fungal sepsis. ..
- Quintana E, FernÃ¡ndez A, Velasco P, de AndrÃ©s B, Liste I, Sancho D, et al. DNGR-1(+) dendritic cells are located in meningeal membrane and choroid plexus of the noninjured brain. Glia. 2015;63:2231-48 pubmed publisher..C-type lectin receptor family 9, member A (DNGR-1/CLEC9A) is a marker of specific DC subsets that share functional similarities, such as CD8Î±(+) DCs in lymphoid tissues ..
- Joffre O, Sancho D, Zelenay S, Keller A, Reis E Sousa C. Efficient and versatile manipulation of the peripheral CD4+ T-cell compartment by antigen targeting to DNGR-1/CLEC9A. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:1255-65 pubmed publisherDC NK lectin group receptor-1 (DNGR-1, also known as CLEC9A) is a C-type lectin receptor expressed by mouse CD8alpha+ DC and by their putative equivalents in human...