Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Clasp2
Description: CLIP associating protein 2
Alias: 1500004F14Rik, 8030404L10Rik, C77448, CLASP2beta, mKIAA0627, CLIP-associating protein 2, CLASP2alpha, CLASP2gamma, CLIP-associating protein CLASP2, cytoplasmic linker-associated protein 2
- Dillon G, Tyler W, Omuro K, Kambouris J, Tyminski C, Henry S, et al. CLASP2 Links Reelin to the Cytoskeleton during Neocortical Development. Neuron. 2017;93:1344-1358.e5 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about how Reelin controls the cytoskeleton during neuronal migration. Here, we identify CLASP2 as a key cytoskeletal effector in the Reelin signaling pathway...
- Pereira A, Pereira A, Maia A, Drabek K, Sayas C, Hergert P, et al. Mammalian CLASP1 and CLASP2 cooperate to ensure mitotic fidelity by regulating spindle and kinetochore function. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4526-42 pubmed..however, only CLASP1 has been directly implicated in cell division, despite the existence of a second paralogue, CLASP2, whose mitotic roles remain unknown...
- Wu X, Kodama A, Fuchs E. ACF7 regulates cytoskeletal-focal adhesion dynamics and migration and has ATPase activity. Cell. 2008;135:137-48 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insight into the functions of this important cytoskeletal crosslinking protein in regulating dynamic interactions between MTs and F-actin to sustain directional cell movement. ..
- Ota H, Hikita T, Nishioka T, Matsumoto M, Ito J, Asai N, et al. Proteomic analysis of Girdin-interacting proteins in migrating new neurons in the postnatal mouse brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;442:16-21 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Girdin and Girdin-interacting proteins control neuronal migration by regulating actin and/or microtubule dynamics. ..
- Engel U, Zhan Y, Long J, Boyle S, Ballif B, Dorey K, et al. Abelson phosphorylation of CLASP2 modulates its association with microtubules and actin. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2014;71:195-209 pubmed publisher..Using purified proteins, we find that Abl phosphorylation modulates direct binding between purified CLASP2 with both MTs and actin...
- Basu S, Sladecek S, Martinez de la PeÃ±a y Valenzuela I, Akaaboune M, Smal I, Martin K, et al. CLASP2-dependent microtubule capture at the neuromuscular junction membrane requires LL5Î² and actin for focal delivery of acetylcholine receptor vesicles. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:938-51 pubmed publisher..We previously showed that microtubule (MT) capture by the plus end-tracking protein CLASP2 regulates AChR density at agrin-induced AChR clusters in cultured myotubes via PI3 kinase acting through GSK3Î²...
- Berg J, Lee C, Chen L, Galvan L, Cepeda C, Chen J, et al. JAKMIP1, a Novel Regulator of Neuronal Translation, Modulates Synaptic Function and Autistic-like Behaviors in Mouse. Neuron. 2015;88:1173-1191 pubmed publisher..These findings define an important and novel role for JAKMIP1 in neural development and further highlight pathways regulating mRNA translation during synaptogenesis in the genesis of neurodevelopmental disorders. ..