Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cited1
Description: Cbp/p300-interacting transactivator with Glu/Asp-rich carboxy-terminal domain 1
Alias: AI316840, AU019144, Msg1, cbp/p300-interacting transactivator 1, melanocyte-specific protein 1
- Karner C, Das A, Ma Z, Self M, Chen C, Lum L, et al. Canonical Wnt9b signaling balances progenitor cell expansion and differentiation during kidney development. Development. 2011;138:1247-57 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insights into the molecular mechanisms that regulate progenitor cell differentiation during normal and pathological conditions. ..
- Lin Z, Feng R, Li J, Meng Y, Yuan L, Fu Z, et al. Nuclear translocation of CBP/p300-interacting protein CITED1 induced by parathyroid hormone requires serine phosphorylation at position 79 in its 63-84 domain. Cell Signal. 2014;26:2436-45 pubmed publisherThe transcriptional cofactor CITED1 inhibits osteoblastic differentiation and blunts the stimulation of osteoblastic differentiation by parathyroid hormone (PTH)...
- Little M, Brennan J, Georgas K, Davies J, Davidson D, Baldock R, et al. A high-resolution anatomical ontology of the developing murine genitourinary tract. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:680-99 pubmed..Visual examples of how terms appear in different specimen types are also provided...
- Elling U, Klasen C, Eisenberger T, Anlag K, Treier M. Murine inner cell mass-derived lineages depend on Sall4 function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16319-24 pubmed..These data establish Sall4 as an essential transcription factor required for the early development of inner cell mass-derived cell lineages. ..
- Fenner M, Parrish J, Boyd Y, Reed V, Macdonald M, Nelson D, et al. MSG1 (melanocyte-specific gene 1): mapping to chromosome Xq13.1, genomic organization, and promoter analysis. Genomics. 1998;51:401-7 pubmedb>MSG1 (melanocyte-specific gene 1) is a recently isolated gene predominantly expressed in cultured normal melanocytes and pigmented melanoma cells...
- Rumballe B, Georgas K, Combes A, Ju A, Gilbert T, Little M. Nephron formation adopts a novel spatial topology at cessation of nephrogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;360:110-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that this phase of nephron formation represents an acceleration of differentiation within the cap mesenchyme due to a displacement of signals within the nephrogenic niche. ..
- Gai Z, Zhou G, Itoh S, Morimoto Y, Tanishima H, Hatamura I, et al. Trps1 functions downstream of Bmp7 in kidney development. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:2403-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that normal formation of nephrons requires Trps1, which mediates mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition and ureteric bud branching during early renal development. ..
- Buttitta L, Tanaka T, Chen A, Ko M, Fan C. Microarray analysis of somitogenesis reveals novel targets of different WNT signaling pathways in the somitic mesoderm. Dev Biol. 2003;258:91-104 pubmed
- Novitskaya T, Baserga M, de Caestecker M. Organ-specific defects in insulin-like growth factor and insulin receptor signaling in late gestational asymmetric intrauterine growth restriction in Cited1 mutant mice. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2503-16 pubmed publisher..To explore this, we investigated the mechanisms leading to IUGR in Cited1 knockout mice, a genetic model of late gestational placental insufficiency...
- Gerstner J, Landry C. Expression of the transcriptional coactivator CITED1 in the adult and developing murine brain. Dev Neurosci. 2007;29:203-12 pubmedThe transcription coactivator CITED1 is an important mediator of transcriptional events regulated by estrogen or TGF-beta...
- Barnes R, Firulli B, Vandusen N, Morikawa Y, Conway S, Cserjesi P, et al. Hand2 loss-of-function in Hand1-expressing cells reveals distinct roles in epicardial and coronary vessel development. Circ Res. 2011;108:940-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a hierarchal relationship whereby transient Hand1 septum transversum expression defines epicardial precursors that are subsequently dependent on Hand2 function. ..
- Yang D, Guo J, Divieti P, Shioda T, Bringhurst F. CBP/p300-interacting protein CITED1 modulates parathyroid hormone regulation of osteoblastic differentiation. Endocrinology. 2008;149:1728-35 pubmed publisher..In clonal Wt9 murine osteoblastic cells, mRNA and protein levels of CITED1 transcriptional coactivator were strongly up-regulated by human (h) PTH(1-34)...
- Boivin F, Sarin S, Lim J, Javidan A, Svajger B, Khalili H, et al. Stromally expressed Î²-catenin modulates Wnt9b signaling in the ureteric epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120347 pubmed publisher..We propose that Î²-catenin in the renal stroma modulates a genetic program in ureteric epithelium that is required for the induction of nephron progenitors. ..
- Hartman H, Lai H, Patterson L. Cessation of renal morphogenesis in mice. Dev Biol. 2007;310:379-87 pubmed..These results suggest that the sequence of events leading to disruption of the cycle of branching morphogenesis and nephrogenesis began with the loss of mesenchyme that resulted from its conversion into nephrons. ..
- Chu J, Sims Lucas S, Bushnell D, Bodnar A, Kreidberg J, Ho J. Dicer function is required in the metanephric mesenchyme for early kidney development. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;306:F764-72 pubmed publisher..However, there is premature loss of the nephron progenitor marker Cited1, marked apoptosis, and increased expression of the proapoptotic protein Bim shortly after the initial inductive ..
- Sparrow D, Boyle S, Sams R, Mazuruk B, Zhang L, Moeckel G, et al. Placental insufficiency associated with loss of Cited1 causes renal medullary dysplasia. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:777-86 pubmed publisher..We observed that mice with late gestational placental insufficiency associated with genetic loss of Cited1 expression in the placenta had renal medullary dysplasia...
- Meniel V, Song F, Phesse T, Young M, Poetz O, Parry L, et al. Cited1 deficiency suppresses intestinal tumorigenesis. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003638 pubmed publisher..This process is accompanied by multiple changes in gene expression, including upregulation of Cited1, whose role in colorectal carcinogenesis is unknown...
- Andrews J, O Neill M, Binder M, Shioda T, Sinclair A. Isolation and expression of a novel member of the CITED family. Mech Dev. 2000;95:305-8 pubmed..Sequence analysis revealed that cCITED3 encodes a protein which contains two conserved domains that have been described for members of the CITED family. ..
- Sun H, Zhu Y, Yin T, Sledge G, Yang Y. MRG1, the product of a melanocyte-specific gene related gene, is a cytokine-inducible transcription factor with transformation activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13555-60 pubmed..A cytokine-inducible gene, mrg1 [melanocyte-specific gene (msg1) related gene], was identified through mRNA differential display of interleukin (IL) 9-stimulated and unstimulated ..
- Di Giovanni V, Walker K, Bushnell D, Schaefer C, Sims Lucas S, Puri P, et al. Fibroblast growth factor receptor-Frs2Î± signaling is critical for nephron progenitors. Dev Biol. 2015;400:82-93 pubmed publisher..The nephron progenitor loss in all Six2cre mutant lines was associated with decreased Cited1 expression and increased apoptosis versus controls...
- Kang Decker N, Tong C, Boussouar F, Baker D, Xu W, Leontovich A, et al. Loss of CBP causes T cell lymphomagenesis in synergy with p27Kip1 insufficiency. Cancer Cell. 2004;5:177-89 pubmed..These data suggest that CBP loss mediates lymphomagenesis in cooperation with a mechanism that reduces p27Kip1 abundance. ..
- Fetting J, Guay J, Karolak M, Iozzo R, Adams D, Maridas D, et al. FOXD1 promotes nephron progenitor differentiation by repressing decorin in the embryonic kidney. Development. 2014;141:17-27 pubmed publisher..We found that although nephron progenitor cells are retained in a primitive CITED1-expressing compartment, cortical interstitial cells prematurely differentiate...
- Mittal A, Pulina M, Hou S, Astrof S. Fibronectin and integrin alpha 5 play requisite roles in cardiac morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;381:73-82 pubmed publisher..We show that these defects are likely due to the requirement for cell adhesion to fibronectin for proliferation of myocardial progenitors and for Fgf8 signaling in the pharyngeal region. ..
- Takabatake Y, Sugiyama T, Kohara H, Matsusaka T, Kurihara H, Koni P, et al. The CXCL12 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 axis is essential for the development of renal vasculature. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1714-23 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CXCL12 secreted from stromal cells or podocytes acts on endothelial cells to regulate vascular development in the kidney. These findings suggest new potential therapeutic targets for remodeling the injured kidney. ..
- Murphy A, de Caestecker C, Pierce J, Boyle S, Ayers G, Zhao Z, et al. CITED1 expression in liver development and hepatoblastoma. Neoplasia. 2012;14:1153-63 pubmed..CBP/P-300 interacting transactivator 1 (CITED1), a transcriptional co-activator, is expressed in the self-renewing nephron progenitor population of the ..
- Recuenco M, Ohmori T, Tanigawa S, Taguchi A, Fujimura S, Conti M, et al. Nonmuscle Myosin II Regulates the Morphogenesis of Metanephric Mesenchyme-Derived Immature Nephrons. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:1081-91 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that Myh9 deletion in mice results in failure to maintain renal tubules but not in glomerulosclerosis. ..
- Lai D, Liu X, Forrai A, Wolstein O, Michalicek J, Ahmed I, et al. Neuregulin 1 sustains the gene regulatory network in both trabecular and nontrabecular myocardium. Circ Res. 2010;107:715-27 pubmed publisher..Chamber domains were correctly specified in Nrg1 mutants, although chamber-restricted genes Hand1 and Cited1 failed to be activated...
- Firulli B, McConville D, Byers J, Vincentz J, Barnes R, Firulli A. Analysis of a Hand1 hypomorphic allele reveals a critical threshold for embryonic viability. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2748-60 pubmed publisher..Together, these data define a critical threshold of Hand1 expression that is necessary for embryonic survival. ..
- Song R, Preston G, Kidd L, Bushnell D, Sims Lucas S, Bates C, et al. Prorenin receptor is critical for nephron progenitors. Dev Biol. 2016;409:382-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate a cell-autonomous requirement for the PRR within nephron progenitors for progenitor maintenance, progression of nephrogenesis, normal kidney development and function. ..
- Boyle S, Shioda T, Perantoni A, De Caestecker M. Cited1 and Cited2 are differentially expressed in the developing kidney but are not required for nephrogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2321-30 pubmed..Here, we investigate the expression and function of Cited1, a transcriptional cofactor that we have previously implicated in kidney development...
- Singh R, Horsthuis T, Farin H, Grieskamp T, Norden J, Petry M, et al. Tbx20 interacts with smads to confine tbx2 expression to the atrioventricular canal. Circ Res. 2009;105:442-52 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Tbx20 directly interferes with Bmp/Smad signaling to suppress Tbx2 expression in the chambers, thereby confining Tbx2 expression to the prospective AVC region. ..
- Asai R, Kurihara Y, Fujisawa K, Sato T, Kawamura Y, Kokubo H, et al. Endothelin receptor type A expression defines a distinct cardiac subdomain within the heart field and is later implicated in chamber myocardium formation. Development. 2010;137:3823-33 pubmed publisher..The present finding provides an insight into how subpopulations within the crescent-forming (first) heart field contribute to the coordination of heart morphogenesis through spatiotemporally defined cell movements. ..
- Kokubo H, Tomita Miyagawa S, Hamada Y, Saga Y. Hesr1 and Hesr2 regulate atrioventricular boundary formation in the developing heart through the repression of Tbx2. Development. 2007;134:747-55 pubmed..Furthermore, we find that the expression of Hesr1 and Hesr2 is independent of Notch2 signaling. Taken together, our data demonstrate that Hesr1 and Hesr2 play crucial roles in AV boundary formation through the suppression of Tbx2. ..
- Cain J, Islam E, Haxho F, Chen L, Bridgewater D, Nieuwenhuis E, et al. GLI3 repressor controls nephron number via regulation of Wnt11 and Ret in ureteric tip cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7313 pubmed publisher..Thus, GLI3 repressor controls nephron number by regulating ureteric tip cell expression of Wnt11 and Ret. ..
- Harrelson Z, Kelly R, Goldin S, Gibson Brown J, Bollag R, Silver L, et al. Tbx2 is essential for patterning the atrioventricular canal and for morphogenesis of the outflow tract during heart development. Development. 2004;131:5041-52 pubmed
- McFadden D, Barbosa A, Richardson J, Schneider M, Srivastava D, Olson E. The Hand1 and Hand2 transcription factors regulate expansion of the embryonic cardiac ventricles in a gene dosage-dependent manner. Development. 2005;132:189-201 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Hand factors play pivotal and partially redundant roles in cardiac morphogenesis, cardiomyocyte differentiation and cardiac-specific transcription. ..
- Schlange T, Andree B, Arnold H, Brand T. Expression analysis of the chicken homologue of CITED2 during early stages of embryonic development. Mech Dev. 2000;98:157-60 pubmedMembers of the Cited family are nuclear transactivators which bind to the coactivators p300 and CBP. While Cited1 also binds to the TGFbeta signal transducer Smad4, this has not been shown for Cited2...
- Bagherie Lachidan M, Reginensi A, Pan Q, Zaveri H, Scott D, Blencowe B, et al. Stromal Fat4 acts non-autonomously with Dchs1/2 to restrict the nephron progenitor pool. Development. 2015;142:2564-73 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model in which FAT4 in the stroma binds to DCHS1/2 in the mouse CM to restrict progenitor self-renewal. ..
- Yahata T, Takedatsu H, Dunwoodie S, Braganca J, Swingler T, Withington S, et al. Cloning of mouse Cited4, a member of the CITED family p300/CBP-binding transcriptional coactivators: induced expression in mammary epithelial cells. Genomics. 2002;80:601-13 pubmed..These results implied possible roles for Cited4 in regulation of gene expression during development and differentiation of blood cells, endothelial cells, and mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Beketaev I, Zhang Y, Kim E, Yu W, Qian L, Wang J. Critical role of YY1 in cardiac morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2015;244:669-80 pubmed publisher..YY1 plays a critical role in cardiac development and occupies a high-level position within the hierarchy of the cardiac transcriptional network that governs normal cardiogenesis. ..
- Cai C, Zhou W, Yang L, Bu L, Qyang Y, Zhang X, et al. T-box genes coordinate regional rates of proliferation and regional specification during cardiogenesis. Development. 2005;132:2475-87 pubmed
- Schwab K, Patterson L, Hartman H, Song N, Lang R, Lin X, et al. Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney development. BMC Biol. 2007;5:15 pubmed..In mammals, the Pygo1/Pygo2 genes are not absolutely required for canonical Wnt signaling in most developing systems, but rather function as quantitative transducers, or modulators, of Wnt signal intensity. ..
- Brown A, Muthukrishnan S, Guay J, Adams D, Schafer D, Fetting J, et al. Role for compartmentalization in nephron progenitor differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:4640-5 pubmed publisher..in promoting transition of progenitors from the primitive Cbp/p300-interacting transactivator 1 expressing (CITED1+) compartment to the uniquely sine oculis-related homeobox 2 expressing (SIX2-only) compartment where they become ..
- Huang T, Wang Y, Ebrahem Q, Chen Y, Cheng C, Doughman Y, et al. Deletion of HIF-1? partially rescues the abnormal hyaloid vascular system in Cited2 conditional knockout mouse eyes. Mol Vis. 2012;18:1260-70 pubmed..The Cited2(CKO) mouse line could be used as a novel disease model for PHPV and as an in vivo model for testing potential HIF-1 inhibitors. ..
- Couillard M, Trudel M. C-myc as a modulator of renal stem/progenitor cell population. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:405-14 pubmed publisher..from depletion of c-myc-positive cells in cap mesenchyme, causing a approximately 35% marked decrease of Six2- and Cited1-stem/progenitor population and of proliferation that likely impaired self-renewal...
- Denner D, Rauchman M. Mi-2/NuRD is required in renal progenitor cells during embryonic kidney development. Dev Biol. 2013;375:105-16 pubmed publisher..Markers of renal progenitor cells, Six2 and Cited1 were significantly depleted and progenitor cell proliferation was reduced...
- Chen J, Boyle S, Zhao M, Su W, Takahashi K, Davis L, et al. Differential expression of the intermediate filament protein nestin during renal development and its localization in adult podocytes. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:1283-91 pubmed..In the adult kidney, nestin expression is restricted to differentiated podocytes, suggesting that nestin could play an important role in maintaining the structural integrity of the podocytes. ..