Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cic
Description: capicua transcriptional repressor
Alias: 1200010B10Rik, mKIAA0306, protein capicua homolog, capicua homolog
- Simón Carrasco L, Grana O, Salmón M, Jacob H, Gutierrez A, Jiménez G, et al. Inactivation of Capicua in adult mice causes T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1456-1468 pubmed publisherb>CIC (also known as Capicua) is a transcriptional repressor negatively regulated by RAS/MAPK signaling. Whereas the functions of Cic have been well characterized in Drosophila, little is known about its role in mammals...
- Yang R, Chen L, Hansen L, Carpenter A, Moure C, Liu H, et al. Cic Loss Promotes Gliomagenesis via Aberrant Neural Stem Cell Proliferation and Differentiation. Cancer Res. 2017;77:6097-6108 pubmed publisherInactivating mutations in the transcriptional repression factor Capicua (CIC) occur in approximately 50% of human oligodendrogliomas, but mechanistic links to pathogenesis are unclear...
- Neutzsky Wulff A, Sims N, Supanchart C, Kornak U, Felsenberg D, Poulton I, et al. Severe developmental bone phenotype in ClC-7 deficient mice. Dev Biol. 2010;344:1001-10 pubmed publisher..Bone formation paremeters were reduced; however, bone formation and mineralization were found to be heterogenous and continuing. ..
- Lasagna Reeves C, Rousseaux M, Guerrero MuÃ±oz M, Park J, Jafar Nejad P, Richman R, et al. A native interactor scaffolds and stabilizes toxic ATAXIN-1 oligomers in SCA1. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Identifying interactors that stabilize toxic oligomeric complexes could answer longstanding questions about the pathogenesis of other proteinopathies. ..
- Tan Q, Brunetti L, Rousseaux M, Lu H, Wan Y, Revelli J, et al. Loss of Capicua alters early T cell development and predisposes mice to T cell lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E1511-E1519 pubmed publisherCapicua (CIC) regulates a transcriptional network downstream of the RAS/MAPK signaling cascade. In Drosophila, CIC is important for many developmental processes, including embryonic patterning and specification of wing veins...