Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Chrna9
Description: cholinergic receptor, nicotinic, alpha polypeptide 9
Alias: 2410015I05Rik, Acra9, EG666827, Gm8311, neuronal acetylcholine receptor subunit alpha-9
- Callaghan B, Adams D. Analgesic ?-conotoxins Vc1.1 and RgIA inhibit N-type calcium channels in sensory neurons of ?9 nicotinic receptor knockout mice. Channels (Austin). 2010;4:51-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the inhibition of N-type Ca(2+) channel channels by Vc1.1 and RgIA is not mediated by the expression of alpha9alpha10 nAChRs in DRG neurons. ..
- Romero H, Christensen S, Di Cesare Mannelli L, Gajewiak J, Ramachandra R, Elmslie K, et al. Inhibition of Î±9Î±10 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors prevents chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E1825-E1832 pubmed publisher..These findings establish blockade of Î±9-containing nAChRs as the basis for the efficacy of RgIA4, and that Î±9-containing nAChRs are a critical target for prevention of chronic cancer chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain. ..
- Terreros G, Jorratt P, Aedo C, Elgoyhen A, Delano P. Selective Attention to Visual Stimuli Using Auditory Distractors Is Altered in Alpha-9 Nicotinic Receptor Subunit Knock-Out Mice. J Neurosci. 2016;36:7198-209 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that KO mice perform poorly in the selective attention paradigm and that an intact medial olivocochlear transmission aids in ignoring auditory distractors during attention. ..
- Aedo C, Terreros G, León A, Delano P. The Corticofugal Effects of Auditory Cortex Microstimulation on Auditory Nerve and Superior Olivary Complex Responses Are Mediated via Alpha-9 Nicotinic Receptor Subunit. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0155991 pubmed publisher..These findings show that the corticofugal modulation of contralateral acoustic suppressions of auditory nerve (ABR wave I) and superior olivary complex (ABR wave III) responses are mediated through MOC synapses. ..
- Smith M, Souza F, Bruce K, Strang C, Morley B, Keyser K. Acetylcholine receptors in the retinas of the Î±7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor knockout mouse. Mol Vis. 2014;20:1328-56 pubmed..Rather than a simple upregulation of a single AChR subunit or subtype, the absence of the Î±7 nAChR in the KO mice was associated with complex layer-specific changes in the expression of AChR subunits and subtypes. ..
- Clause A, Kim G, Sonntag M, Weisz C, Vetter D, Rubsamen R, et al. The precise temporal pattern of prehearing spontaneous activity is necessary for tonotopic map refinement. Neuron. 2014;82:822-35 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that the precise temporal pattern of spontaneous activity before hearing onset is crucial for the establishment of precise tonotopy, the major organizing principle of central auditory pathways. ..
- . British Society of Audiology short papers meeting on experimental studies of hearing and deafness. Cambridge, United Kingdom, 22-23 September 1996. Abstracts. Br J Audiol. 1997;31:73-132 pubmed
- Hübner P, Khan S, Migliaccio A. The mammalian efferent vestibular system plays a crucial role in vestibulo-ocular reflex compensation after unilateral labyrinthectomy. J Neurophysiol. 2017;117:1553-1568 pubmed publisher..These mice have deletion of most of the gene (chrna9) encoding the nAChR and thereby lack α9-nAChRs...
- Mohammadi S, Christie M. Î±9-nicotinic acetylcholine receptors contribute to the maintenance of chronic mechanical hyperalgesia, but not thermal or mechanical allodynia. Mol Pain. 2014;10:64 pubmed publisher..The Î±9-nAChR appears to be a valid target for pharmacological compounds that alleviate long-term mechanical hyperalgesia and may be of use as a prophylactic drug to prevent the development of some symptoms of chronic pain. ..
- Osman A, Schrader A, Hawkes A, Akil O, Bergeron A, Lustig L, et al. Muscle-like nicotinic receptor accessory molecules in sensory hair cells of the inner ear. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:153-69 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RIC-3 facilitates receptor function, while rapsyn enhances receptor clustering at the cell surface. ..
- Ferraro T, Smith G, Schwebel C, Lohoff F, Furlong P, Berrettini W, et al. Quantitative trait locus for seizure susceptibility on mouse chromosome 5 confirmed with reciprocal congenic strains. Physiol Genomics. 2007;31:458-62 pubmed
- Morley B, Lysakowski A, Vijayakumar S, Menapace D, Jones T. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors regulate vestibular afferent gain and activation timing. J Comp Neurol. 2017;525:1216-1233 pubmed publisher..J. Comp. Neurol. 525:1216-1233, 2017. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Purohit P, Bruhova I, Auerbach A. Sources of energy for gating by neurotransmitters in acetylcholine receptor channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9384-9 pubmed publisher..Mutations of TyrC1 cause particularly large energy reductions because they remove two favorable and approximately equal interactions between the aromatic ring and the quaternary amine of the agonist and between the hydroxyl and ?Lys?7. ..
- Tu L, Poppi L, Rudd J, Cresswell E, Smith D, Brichta A, et al. Alpha-9 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors mediate hypothermic responses elicited by provocative motion in mice. Physiol Behav. 2017;174:114-119 pubmed publisher..Our results support the idea that hypothermia is a biological correlate of a nausea-like state in animals. ..
- Taranda J, Maison S, Ballestero J, Katz E, Savino J, Vetter D, et al. A point mutation in the hair cell nicotinic cholinergic receptor prolongs cochlear inhibition and enhances noise protection. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e18 pubmed publisher..Importantly, relative to their wild-type littermates, Chrna9(L9'T/L9'T) mice showed less permanent hearing loss following exposure to intense noise...
- Chang J, Brauer D, Johnson J, Chen C, Akil O, Balooch G, et al. Tissue-specific calibration of extracellular matrix material properties by transforming growth factor-? and Runx2 in bone is required for hearing. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:765-71 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results suggest that the careful regulation of these properties is essential for healthy tissue function. ..
- Zarghooni S, Wunsch J, Bodenbenner M, Brüggmann D, Grando S, Schwantes U, et al. Expression of muscarinic and nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in the mouse urothelium. Life Sci. 2007;80:2308-13 pubmed
- St Pierre S, Jiang W, Roy P, Champigny C, LeBlanc Ã, Morley B, et al. Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors Modulate Bone Marrow-Derived Pro-Inflammatory Monocyte Production and Survival. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150230 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data demonstrate that both Î±7 and Î±9 nAChRs are involved in the regulation of pro-inflammatory M1 monocyte numbers. ..
- Turcan S, Slonim D, Vetter D. Lack of nAChR activity depresses cochlear maturation and up-regulates GABA system components: temporal profiling of gene expression in alpha9 null mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9058 pubmed publisherIt has previously been shown that deletion of chrna9, the gene encoding the alpha9 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) subunit, results in abnormal synaptic terminal structure...
- Fuchs P, Lehar M, Hiel H. Ultrastructure of cisternal synapses on outer hair cells of the mouse cochlea. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:717-29 pubmed publisher..Synaptic cisterns were present, but smaller than those of wild-type littermates. Taken together, these data suggest that the cistern serves as a sink or buffer to isolate synaptic calcium signals. ..
- He D, Cheatham M, Pearce M, Vetter D. Mouse outer hair cells lacking the alpha9 ACh receptor are motile. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;148:19-25 pubmed..Results indicate that cochlear sensitivity, based on CAP thresholds, is similar for homozygous mutant and wild-type mice. Electromotility is also present in OHCs, independent of whether the alpha9 subunit is present or absent. ..