Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Chn2
Description: chimerin 2
Alias: 1700026N20Rik, 4930557O16Rik, ARHGAP3, Bch, beta-chimaerin, Rho GTPase-activating protein 3, chimerin (chimaerin) 2
- Yasuda S, Kai M, Imai S, Kanoh H, Sakane F. Diacylglycerol kinase gamma interacts with and activates beta2-chimaerin, a Rac-specific GAP, in response to epidermal growth factor. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:551-7 pubmed..These results indicate that DGKgamma is a novel regulator of beta2-chimaerin, and thus suggest that beta2-chimaerin is an effector molecule, linking DGKgamma functionally with Rac1. ..
- Ip J, Shi L, Chen Y, Itoh Y, Fu W, Betz A, et al. ?2-chimaerin controls neuronal migration and functioning of the cerebral cortex through CRMP-2. Nat Neurosci. 2011;15:39-47 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a new ?2-chimaerin-dependent mechanism underlying neuronal migration and proper functioning of the cerebral cortex and provide insights into the pathogenesis of seizure-related neurodevelopmental disorders. ..
- Fame R, Dehay C, Kennedy H, Macklis J. Subtype-Specific Genes that Characterize Subpopulations of Callosal Projection Neurons in Mouse Identify Molecularly Homologous Populations in Macaque Cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2017;27:1817-1830 pubmed publisher..g., epha3, chn2)...
- Casado Medrano V, Barrio Real L, Garcia Rostan G, Baumann M, Rocks O, Caloca M. A new role of the Rac-GAP ?2-chimaerin in cell adhesion reveals opposite functions in breast cancer initiation and tumor progression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:28301-19 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data redefine the role of ?2-chimaerin as tumor suppressor and provide the first in vivo evidence of a dual function in breast cancer, suppressing tumor initiation but favoring tumor progression. ..
- Wegmeyer H, Egea J, Rabe N, Gezelius H, Filosa A, Enjin A, et al. EphA4-dependent axon guidance is mediated by the RacGAP alpha2-chimaerin. Neuron. 2007;55:756-67 pubmed..Our results reveal an alpha-chimaerin-dependent signaling pathway downstream of EphA4, which is essential for axon guidance decisions and neuronal circuit formation in vivo. ..
- Beg A, Sommer J, Martin J, Scheiffele P. alpha2-Chimaerin is an essential EphA4 effector in the assembly of neuronal locomotor circuits. Neuron. 2007;55:768-78 pubmed..These findings identify alpha2-chimaerin as an indispensable effector for EphA4 in cortical and spinal motor circuits. ..
- Takeuchi S, Yamaki N, Iwasato T, Negishi M, Katoh H. Beta2-chimaerin binds to EphA receptors and regulates cell migration. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1237-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that beta2-chimaerin is activated by EphA receptors and mediates the EphA receptor-dependent regulation of cell migration. ..
- Riccomagno M, Hurtado A, Wang H, Macopson J, Griner E, Betz A, et al. The RacGAP ?2-Chimaerin selectively mediates axonal pruning in the hippocampus. Cell. 2012;149:1594-606 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a Npn2/?2Chn/Rac1 signaling axis distinguishes DG axon pruning from the effects of Sema3F on repulsion and dendritic spine remodeling...
- Wang Q, Chiu S, Koropouli E, Hong I, Mitchell S, Easwaran T, et al. Neuropilin-2/PlexinA3 Receptors Associate with GluA1 and Mediate Sema3F-Dependent Homeostatic Scaling in Cortical Neurons. Neuron. 2017;96:1084-1098.e7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Sema3F-Npn-2/PlexA3 signaling controls both synapse development and synaptic plasticity. ..