Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Chka
Description: choline kinase alpha
Alias: CK/EK-alpha, Chetk-alpha, Chk, ChoK, EtnK-alpha, choline kinase alpha, choline/ethanolamine kinase alpha, ethanolamine kinase
- Sher R, Aoyama C, Huebsch K, Ji S, Kerner J, Yang Y, et al. A rostrocaudal muscular dystrophy caused by a defect in choline kinase beta, the first enzyme in phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4938-48 pubmed..CHKB is one of two mammalian choline kinase (CHK) enzymes (alpha and beta) that catalyze the phosphorylation of choline to phosphocholine in the biosynthesis of the ..
- Wu G, Sher R, Cox G, Vance D. Differential expression of choline kinase isoforms in skeletal muscle explains the phenotypic variability in the rostrocaudal muscular dystrophy mouse. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:446-54 pubmed publisher..kinase beta is the major isoform in hindlimb muscle and contributes more to choline kinase activity, while choline kinase alpha is predominant in forelimb muscle and contributes more to choline kinase activity...
- Aoyama C, Ohtani A, Ishidate K. Expression and characterization of the active molecular forms of choline/ethanolamine kinase-alpha and -beta in mouse tissues, including carbon tetrachloride-induced liver. Biochem J. 2002;363:777-84 pubmedCholine/ethanolamine kinase (ChoK/EtnK) exists as at least three isoforms (alpha1, alpha2 and beta) in mammalian cells...
- Aoyama C, Ishidate K, Sugimoto H, Vance D. Induction of choline kinase alpha by carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) occurs via increased binding of c-jun to an AP-1 element. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1148-55 pubmedThe mechanism by which treatment of mice with CCl4 induces an increase in choline kinase alpha has been investigated...
- Aoyama C, Nakashima K, Ishidate K. Molecular cloning of mouse choline kinase and choline/ethanolamine kinase: their sequence comparison to the respective rat homologs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1393:179-85 pubmedComplementary DNAs homologous to a rat 42-kDa choline/ethanolamine kinase [C. Aoyama et al., Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1390 (1998) 1-7] and to a 50-kDa choline kinase [T. Uchida and S. Yamashita, J. Biol. Chem...
- Deussing J, Tisljar K, Papazoglou A, Peters C. Mouse cathepsin F: cDNA cloning, genomic organization and chromosomal assignment of the gene. Gene. 2000;251:165-73 pubmed..Northern blot analysis of RNA from multiple tissues revealed a ubiquitous expression of cathepsin F in mouse and man. ..