Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Celsr2
Description: cadherin, EGF LAG seven-pass G-type receptor 2
Alias: Adgrc2, EGFL2, Flamingo1, flamingo, mKIAA0279, mfmi1, cadherin EGF LAG seven-pass G-type receptor 2, cadherin, EGF LAG seven-pass G-type receptor 2 (flamingo homolog, Drosophila), flamingo homolog
- Shima Y, Kengaku M, Hirano T, Takeichi M, Uemura T. Regulation of dendritic maintenance and growth by a mammalian 7-pass transmembrane cadherin. Dev Cell. 2004;7:205-16 pubmed..analysis using an RNAi system and organotypic brain slice cultures to address the role of a mammalian Flamingo homolog, Celsr2...
- Hirai H, Suzuki F, Kurokawa K, Mitsuya K, Matsuda M. Mouse Flamingo1/Celsr2 relates neuronal reorganization of the hypertrophic dentate granule cells after kainate injection. Brain Res. 2003;966:40-6 pubmed..One of them was highly homologous with mouse Flamingo1/Celsr2, suggesting that mouse Flamingo1/Celsr2 is related to the development of hippocampal sclerosis.
- Hermle T, Guida M, Beck S, Helmstädter S, Simons M. Drosophila ATP6AP2/VhaPRR functions both as a novel planar cell polarity core protein and a regulator of endosomal trafficking. EMBO J. 2013;32:245-59 pubmed publisher..So far, six PCP core proteins including the transmembrane proteins Frizzled (Fz), Strabismus (Stbm) and Flamingo (Fmi) have been identified. These proteins form asymmetric PCP domains at apical junctions of epithelial cells...
- Formstone C, Barclay J, Rees M, Little P. Chromosomal localization of Celsr2 and Celsr3 in the mouse; Celsr3 is a candidate for the tippy (tip) lethal mutant on chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:392-4 pubmed
- Sugimura R, He X, Venkatraman A, Arai F, Box A, Semerad C, et al. Noncanonical Wnt signaling maintains hematopoietic stem cells in the niche. Cell. 2012;150:351-65 pubmed publisher..Here, we show Flamingo (Fmi) and Frizzled (Fz) 8, members of noncanonical Wnt signaling, both express in and functionally maintain ..
- Qu Y, Huang Y, Feng J, Alvarez Bolado G, Grove E, Yang Y, et al. Genetic evidence that Celsr3 and Celsr2, together with Fzd3, regulate forebrain wiring in a Vangl-independent manner. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E2996-3004 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Celsr2 acts redundantly with Celsr3, and that their combined mutation mimics that of Fzd3...
- Chai G, Zhou L, Manto M, Helmbacher F, Clotman F, Goffinet A, et al. Celsr3 is required in motor neurons to steer their axons in the hindlimb. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:1171-9 pubmed publisher..The function of Celsr3 is Fzd3 dependent but Vangl2 independent. Our results provide evidence that the Celsr3-Fzd3 pathway interacts with EphA-ephrinA reverse signaling to guide motor axons in the hindlimb. ..
- Usui T, Shima Y, Shimada Y, Hirano S, Burgess R, Schwarz T, et al. Flamingo, a seven-pass transmembrane cadherin, regulates planar cell polarity under the control of Frizzled. Cell. 1999;98:585-95 pubmedWe identified a seven-pass transmembrane receptor of the cadherin superfamily, designated Flamingo (Fmi), localized at cell-cell boundaries in the Drosophila wing. In the absence of Fmi, planar polarity was distorted...
- Tissir F, De Backer O, Goffinet A, Lambert de Rouvroit C. Developmental expression profiles of Celsr (Flamingo) genes in the mouse. Mech Dev. 2002;112:157-60 pubmedCelsr, also called Flamingo (Fmi) genes encode proteins of the cadherin superfamily. Celsr cadherins are seven-pass transmembrane proteins with nine cadherin repeats in the extracellular domain, and an anonymous intracellular C-terminus...
- Vogel P, Read R, Hansen G, Payne B, Small D, Sands A, et al. Congenital hydrocephalus in genetically engineered mice. Vet Pathol. 2012;49:166-81 pubmed publisher..The likely underlying cause in the remaining 4 lines (RIKEN 4930444A02, Celsr2, Mboat7, and transgenic FZD3) was not determined, but it is possible that some of these could also have ciliary ..
- Vincent J, Skaug J, Scherer S. The human homologue of flamingo, EGFL2, encodes a brain-expressed large cadherin-like protein with epidermal growth factor-like domains, and maps to chromosome 1p13.3-p21.1. DNA Res. 2000;7:233-5 pubmed
- Qu Y, Glasco D, Zhou L, Sawant A, Ravni A, Fritzsch B, et al. Atypical cadherins Celsr1-3 differentially regulate migration of facial branchiomotor neurons in mice. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9392-401 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, mutations in planar cell polarity genes celsr2 and frizzled3a block caudal migration of FBM neurons...