Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cela1
Description: chymotrypsin-like elastase family, member 1
Alias: 1810009A17Rik, 1810062B19Rik, Ela-1, Ela1, PC-TsF, chymotrypsin-like elastase family member 1, elastase 1, pancreatic, elastase-1
- Benarafa C, Cooley J, Zeng W, Bird P, REMOLD O DONNELL E. Characterization of four murine homologs of the human ov-serpin monocyte neutrophil elastase inhibitor MNEI (SERPINB1). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42028-33 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the four murine homologs of MNEI have met different evolutionary fates, and that EIA is the mouse ortholog of MNEI. ..
- Walter L, Marynen P, Szpirer J, Levan G, Gunther E. Identification of a novel conserved human gene, TEGT. Genomics. 1995;28:301-4 pubmed..The presence of a nuclear targeting motif indicates that the gene product might localize to the nucleus. The TEGT gene maps to human chromosome 12q12-q13 and belongs to a syntenic group, which is conserved in human, mouse, and rat. ..
- Brannan C, Gilbert D, Ceci J, Matsuda Y, Chapman V, Mercer J, et al. An interspecific linkage map of mouse chromosome 15 positioned with respect to the centromere. Genomics. 1992;13:1075-81 pubmed
- Kilic G, Wang J, Sosa Pineda B. Osteopontin is a novel marker of pancreatic ductal tissues and of undifferentiated pancreatic precursors in mice. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1659-67 pubmed..Finally, the maintenance of Opn expression in pancreatic tissues of adults argues for a possible function of this protein in injury and pathologic responses. ..
- Bird A, Tan K, Olsson P, Zieba M, Flecknoe S, Liddicoat D, et al. Identification of glucocorticoid-regulated genes that control cell proliferation during murine respiratory development. J Physiol. 2007;585:187-201 pubmed..5 p.c. GR-null lungs included Chi3l3 (11-fold, P < 0.05), a macrophage inflammatory response gene and Ela1 (9.4-fold, P < 0.05), an extracellular matrix remodeling enzyme...
- Honey N, Sakaguchi A, Lalley P, Quinto C, MacDonald R, Craik C, et al. Chromosomal assignments of genes for trypsin, chymotrypsin B, and elastase in mouse. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1984;10:377-83 pubmed..Try-1 is located on chromosome 6, Ctrb is on chromosome 8, and Ela-1 is on chromosome 15. The three genes fall into three syntenic groups that are conserved in the mouse and human genomes. ..
- Anderson K, White P, Kaestner K, Sussel L. Identification of known and novel pancreas genes expressed downstream of Nkx2.2 during development. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:65 pubmed publisher..2 in maintaining appropriate exocrine gene expression. Most importantly, Nkx2.2 appears to function within a complex regulatory loop with Ngn3 at a key endocrine differentiation step. ..
- Joshi R, Liu S, Brown M, Young S, Batie M, Kofron J, et al. Stretch regulates expression and binding of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 in the postnatal lung. FASEB J. 2016;30:590-600 pubmed publisher..Our prior work demonstrated an association of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 (Cela1) with lung elastin remodeling, and that strain triggered a near-instantaneous elastin-remodeling response...
- Wells J, Esni F, Boivin G, Aronow B, Stuart W, Combs C, et al. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for development of the exocrine pancreas. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:4 pubmed..A Pdx1-cre mouse line was used to delete a floxed beta-catenin allele specifically in the developing pancreas, and embryonic pancreata were studied by immunohistochemistry and microarray analysis...