Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cebpb
Description: CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP), beta
Alias: C/EBPbeta, CRP2, IL-6DBP, LAP, LIP, NF-IL6, NF-M, Nfil6, CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta, AGP/EBP, C/EBP BETA, interleukin-6-dependent-binding protein, liver-enriched transcriptional activator, nuclear protein Il6
- Buck M, Chojkier M. A ribosomal S-6 kinase-mediated signal to C/EBP-beta is critical for the development of liver fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1372 pubmed..These data indicate that the RSK-C/EBPbeta phosphorylation pathway is critical for the development of liver fibrosis and suggest a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Seagroves T, Lydon J, Hovey R, Vonderhaar B, Rosen J. C/EBPbeta (CCAAT/enhancer binding protein) controls cell fate determination during mammary gland development. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:359-68 pubmed
- Meir O, Dvash E, Werman A, Rubinstein M. C/EBP-beta regulates endoplasmic reticulum stress-triggered cell death in mouse and human models. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9516 pubmed publisher..ER stress induces the C/EBP-beta variant Liver-enriched Activating Protein (LAP), followed by the dominant-negative variant, Liver Inhibitory Protein (LIP)...
- Greenbaum L, Li W, Cressman D, Peng Y, Ciliberto G, Poli V, et al. CCAAT enhancer- binding protein beta is required for normal hepatocyte proliferation in mice after partial hepatectomy. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:996-1007 pubmed..These data link C/EBPbeta to the activation of metabolic and growth response pathways in the regenerating liver and demonstrate that C/EBPbeta is required for a normal proliferative response. ..
- Tsuchimochi K, Otero M, Dragomir C, Plumb D, Zerbini L, Libermann T, et al. GADD45beta enhances Col10a1 transcription via the MTK1/MKK3/6/p38 axis and activation of C/EBPbeta-TAD4 in terminally differentiating chondrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8395-407 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we have uncovered a novel molecular mechanism linking GADD45beta via the MTK1/MKK3/6/p38 axis to C/EBPbeta-TAD4 activation of Col10a1 transcription in terminally differentiating chondrocytes. ..
- Buck M, Poli V, van der Geer P, Chojkier M, Hunter T. Phosphorylation of rat serine 105 or mouse threonine 217 in C/EBP beta is required for hepatocyte proliferation induced by TGF alpha. Mol Cell. 1999;4:1087-92 pubmed..Thus, a site-specific phosphorylation of the transcription factor C/EBP beta is critical for hepatocyte proliferation induced by TGF alpha and other stimuli that activate RSK. ..
- Chen S, Chen J, Johnson P, Muppala V, Lee Y. C/EBPbeta, when expressed from the C/ebpalpha gene locus, can functionally replace C/EBPalpha in liver but not in adipose tissue. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7292-9 pubmed..Moreover, our studies with the C/ebpalpha(beta/beta) mice provide new insights into the nonredundant functions of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta on gene regulation in WAT. ..
- Berberich Siebelt F, Berberich I, Andrulis M, Santner Nanan B, Jha M, Klein Hessling S, et al. SUMOylation interferes with CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta-mediated c-myc repression, but not IL-4 activation in T cells. J Immunol. 2006;176:4843-51 pubmed..These results suggest an important role of sumoylation in adjusting the finely tuned balance between proliferation and differentiation in peripheral T cells which is controlled by C/EBPbeta. ..
- Chen P, Riley D, Chen Y, Lee W. Retinoblastoma protein positively regulates terminal adipocyte differentiation through direct interaction with C/EBPs. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2794-804 pubmed..Such a role contrasts with the function of Rb in arresting cell cycle progression in G1 by negative regulation of other transcription factors like E2F-1. ..
- Lincoln A, Monczak Y, Williams S, Johnson P. Inhibition of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha and beta translation by upstream open reading frames. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9552-60 pubmed..Our data indicate that the uORFs regulate translation of full-length C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta and do not play a role in generating truncated forms of these proteins, as has been suggested by start site multiplicity models. ..
- Wang H, Peiris T, Mowery A, Le Lay J, Gao Y, Greenbaum L. CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-beta is a transcriptional regulator of peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha in the regenerating liver. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1596-605 pubmed publisher..The demonstration of a functional link between C/EBPbeta and PGC-1alpha activation provides a likely mechanism for how upstream signaling pathways in the regenerating liver can enable the adaptation to the changed metabolic status. ..
- Orellana D, Liu X, Wang G, Jin J, Iakova P, Timchenko N. Calmodulin controls liver proliferation via interactions with C/EBPbeta-LAP and C/EBPbeta-LIP. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23444-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, CaM regulates transcriptional activity of another isoform of C/EBPbeta, C/EBPbeta-LAP, and might control liver biology through the regulation of both isoforms of C/EBPbeta...
- Screpanti I, Musiani P, Bellavia D, Cappelletti M, Aiello F, Maroder M, et al. Inactivation of the IL-6 gene prevents development of multicentric Castleman's disease in C/EBP beta-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1996;184:1561-6 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that IL-6 is essential for the development of multicentric Castleman's disease in C/EBP beta-/- mice. ..
- Buck M, Poli V, Hunter T, Chojkier M. C/EBPbeta phosphorylation by RSK creates a functional XEXD caspase inhibitory box critical for cell survival. Mol Cell. 2001;8:807-16 pubmed..C/EBPbeta-/- and C/EBPbeta-Ala(217) stellate cells were rescued from apoptosis by the cell permeant KE(217)VD tetrapeptide or C/EBPbeta-Glu(217). ..
- Straccia M, Gresa Arribas N, Dentesano G, Ejarque Ortiz A, Tusell J, Serratosa J, et al. Pro-inflammatory gene expression and neurotoxic effects of activated microglia are attenuated by absence of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein ?. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:156 pubmed publisher..These findings show involvement of C/EBP? in the regulation of pro-inflammatory gene expression in glial activation, and demonstrate for the first time a key role for C/EBP? in the induction of neurotoxic effects by activated microglia. ..
- Fan H, Liu Z, Shimada M, Sterneck E, Johnson P, Hedrick S, et al. MAPK3/1 (ERK1/2) in ovarian granulosa cells are essential for female fertility. Science. 2009;324:938-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, biochemical analyses and selected disruption of the Cebpb gene in granulosa cells demonstrate that C/EBPbeta (CCAAT/Enhancer-binding protein-beta) is a critical downstream ..
- Ruffell D, Mourkioti F, Gambardella A, Kirstetter P, Lopez R, Rosenthal N, et al. A CREB-C/EBPbeta cascade induces M2 macrophage-specific gene expression and promotes muscle injury repair. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17475-80 pubmed publisher..We report that deletion of two CREB-binding sites from the Cebpb promoter abrogates Cebpb induction upon macrophage activation...
- Grøntved L, John S, Baek S, Liu Y, Buckley J, Vinson C, et al. C/EBP maintains chromatin accessibility in liver and facilitates glucocorticoid receptor recruitment to steroid response elements. EMBO J. 2013;32:1568-83 pubmed publisher..We suggest that selective targeting of GR in other tissues is likely mediated by the combined action of cell-specific priming proteins and chromatin remodellers. ..
- Smink J, Leutz A. Instruction of mesenchymal cell fate by the transcription factor C/EBP?. Gene. 2012;497:10-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the mesenchymal stem cell has attracted the attention of regenerative medicine in recent years, and the possible role of C/EBP? in this respect will be discussed. ..
- Rahman S, Schroeder Gloeckler J, Janssen R, Jiang H, Qadri I, Maclean K, et al. CCAAT/enhancing binding protein beta deletion in mice attenuates inflammation, endoplasmic reticulum stress, and lipid accumulation in diet-induced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Hepatology. 2007;45:1108-17 pubmed
- Smink J, Begay V, Schoenmaker T, Sterneck E, de Vries T, Leutz A. Transcription factor C/EBPbeta isoform ratio regulates osteoclastogenesis through MafB. EMBO J. 2009;28:1769-81 pubmed publisher..initiation that is controlled by the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway generates long transactivating (LAP(*), LAP) and a short repressive (LIP) isoforms from a single C/EBPbeta transcript...
- Uematsu S, Kaisho T, Tanaka T, Matsumoto M, Yamakami M, Omori H, et al. The C/EBP beta isoform 34-kDa LAP is responsible for NF-IL-6-mediated gene induction in activated macrophages, but is not essential for intracellular bacteria killing. J Immunol. 2007;179:5378-86 pubmed..two transcriptional activating proteins (38-kDa Full and 34-kDa liver-enriched transcriptional activation protein (LAP)) and one transcriptional inhibitory protein, by alternative use of different AUG initiation codons within the same ..
- Payne V, Au W, Gray S, Nora E, Rahman S, Sanders R, et al. Sequential regulation of diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 expression by CAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta) and C/EBPalpha during adipogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21005-14 pubmed..Moreover, they further refine the complex and serial roles of the C/EBP family of transcription factors in inducing and maintaining the metabolic properties of mature adipocytes. ..
- Tanaka T, Akira S, Yoshida K, Umemoto M, Yoneda Y, Shirafuji N, et al. Targeted disruption of the NF-IL6 gene discloses its essential role in bacteria killing and tumor cytotoxicity by macrophages. Cell. 1995;80:353-61 pubmed..We also demonstrate that NF-IL6 is essential for the induction of G-CSF in macrophages and fibroblasts. ..
- Harrison J, Huang Y, Wilson K, Kelly P, Adams D, Gronowicz G, et al. Col1a1 promoter-targeted expression of p20 CCAAT enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta), a truncated C/EBPbeta isoform, causes osteopenia in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8117-24 pubmed..3-green fluorescent protein, demonstrating a cell-autonomous effect of the transgene. These data suggested that C/EBP transcription factors may be important determinants of osteoblast function and bone mass. ..
- Spooner C, Sebastian T, Shuman J, Durairaj S, Guo X, Johnson P, et al. C/EBPbeta serine 64, a phosphoacceptor site, has a critical role in LPS-induced IL-6 and MCP-1 transcription. Cytokine. 2007;37:119-27 pubmed..Furthermore, LPS stimulation increased the level of phosphorylation detected at serine 64. Thus, serine 64, probably through its phosphorylation, is a critical determinant of C/EBPbeta activity in the transcription of IL-6 and MCP-1. ..
- Cortes Canteli M, Wagner M, Ansorge W, Perez Castillo A. Microarray analysis supports a role for ccaat/enhancer-binding protein-beta in brain injury. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14409-17 pubmed..This strongly supports the concept that C/EBPbeta may play an important role in brain injury. ..
- Ushijima T, Okazaki K, Tsushima H, Iwamoto Y. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein ? regulates the repression of type II collagen expression during the differentiation from proliferative to hypertrophic chondrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:2852-63 pubmed publisher..This consequently promotes the phenotypic conversion from proliferative to hypertrophic chondrocytes during chondrocyte differentiation. ..
- Buck M, Zhang L, Halasz N, Hunter T, Chojkier M. Nuclear export of phosphorylated C/EBPbeta mediates the inhibition of albumin expression by TNF-alpha. EMBO J. 2001;20:6712-23 pubmed..Treatment of TNF-alpha mice with antioxidants or NOS inhibitors prevented phosphorylation of C/EBPbeta on Ser239 and its nuclear export, and rescued the abnormal albumin gene expression. ..
- Hirata M, Kugimiya F, Fukai A, Saito T, Yano F, Ikeda T, et al. C/EBP? and RUNX2 cooperate to degrade cartilage with MMP-13 as the target and HIF-2? as the inducer in chondrocytes. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1111-23 pubmed publisher..OA) development, we examined the signal network around CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-? (C/EBP?, encoded by CEBPB), a potent regulator of this process...
- Satake S, Hirai H, Hayashi Y, Shime N, Tamura A, Yao H, et al. C/EBP? is involved in the amplification of early granulocyte precursors during candidemia-induced "emergency" granulopoiesis. J Immunol. 2012;189:4546-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that C/EBP? is involved in the efficient amplification of early granulocyte precursors during candidemia-induced emergency granulopoiesis...
- Carmona M, Hondares E, Rodriguez de la Concepción M, Rodríguez Sureda V, Peinado Onsurbe J, Poli V, et al. Defective thermoregulation, impaired lipid metabolism, but preserved adrenergic induction of gene expression in brown fat of mice lacking C/EBPbeta. Biochem J. 2005;389:47-56 pubmed..The UCP1 gene promoter was repressed by the truncated inhibitory C/EBPbeta isoform LIP (liver-enriched transcriptional inhibitory protein, the truncated inhibitory C/EBPbeta isoform)...
- Cortes Canteli M, Pignatelli M, Santos A, Perez Castillo A. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta plays a regulatory role in differentiation and apoptosis of neuroblastoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5460-7 pubmed..Finally, cell death was also induced by C/EBPbeta through activation of the p53 protein and the cdk inhibitor p21. ..
- Zanotti S, Stadmeyer L, Smerdel Ramoya A, Durant D, Canalis E. Misexpression of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta causes osteopenia. J Endocrinol. 2009;201:263-74 pubmed publisher..To determine the consequences of the Cebpb deletion in vivo, the phenotype of Cebpb null mice was compared with that of wild type controls of identical ..
- Burgess Beusse B, Timchenko N, Darlington G. CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) is an important mediator of mouse C/EBPbeta protein isoform production. Hepatology. 1999;29:597-601 pubmed..Our observations suggest a novel role for the C/EBPalpha transcription factor in this process. ..
- Roy S, Hu J, Meng Q, Xia Y, Shapiro P, Reddy S, et al. MEKK1 plays a critical role in activating the transcription factor C/EBP-beta-dependent gene expression in response to IFN-gamma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7945-50 pubmed..A dominant negative MEKK1 blocks C/EBP-beta-driven gene expression stimulated by IFN-gamma. These studies describe an IFN-gamma-stimulated pathway that involves MEKK1-MEK1-ERK1/2 kinases to regulate C/EBP-beta-dependent gene expression. ..
- Li Y, Bevilacqua E, Chiribau C, Majumder M, Wang C, Croniger C, et al. Differential control of the CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta) products liver-enriched transcriptional activating protein (LAP) and liver-enriched transcriptional inhibitory protein (LIP) and the regulation of gene expression during the . J Biol Chem. 2008;283:22443-56 pubmed publisher..of the C/EBPbeta mRNA from different initiation codons leads to the synthesis of two transcriptional activators (LAP-1 and -2) and a transcriptional repressor (LIP)...
- Jones L, Lin M, Chen S, Krug U, Hofmann W, Lee S, et al. Expression of C/EBPbeta from the C/ebpalpha gene locus is sufficient for normal hematopoiesis in vivo. Blood. 2002;99:2032-6 pubmed..These results imply that C/EBPbeta can substitute for C/EBPalpha during hematopoiesis when expressed from the C/ebpalpha gene locus. ..
- Trautwein C, Caelles C, van der Geer P, Hunter T, Karin M, Chojkier M. Transactivation by NF-IL6/LAP is enhanced by phosphorylation of its activation domain. Nature. 1993;364:544-7 pubmedOne of the members of the bZIP family of transcriptional activators is NF-IL6/LAP (IL-6 DBP, C/EBP beta, CRP2)...
- Calkhoven C, Muller C, Leutz A. Translational control of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta isoform expression. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1920-32 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the translational controlled ratio of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta isoform expression determines cell fate. ..
- Hirai H, Kamio N, Huang G, Matsusue A, Ogino S, Kimura N, et al. Cyclic AMP responsive element binding proteins are involved in 'emergency' granulopoiesis through the upregulation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein ?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54862 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CREB proteins are involved in the regulation of granulopoiesis via C/EBP? upregulation. ..
- Gomis R, Alarcon C, Nadal C, Van Poznak C, Massague J. C/EBPbeta at the core of the TGFbeta cytostatic response and its evasion in metastatic breast cancer cells. Cancer Cell. 2006;10:203-14 pubmed..The basis for this loss was traced to an excess of the C/EBPbeta inhibitory isoform LIP. We suggest that C/EBPbeta plays a key role in the coordination of TGFbeta cytostatic gene responses, and its ..
- Yukawa K, Tanaka T, Tsuji S, Akira S. Expressions of CCAAT/Enhancer-binding proteins beta and delta and their activities are intensified by cAMP signaling as well as Ca2+/calmodulin kinases activation in hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31345-51 pubmed
- Cao Z, Umek R, McKnight S. Regulated expression of three C/EBP isoforms during adipose conversion of 3T3-L1 cells. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1538-52 pubmed..The temporal pattern of expression of these three C/EBP isoforms during adipocyte differentiation may reflect the underpinnings of a regulatory cascade that controls the process of terminal cell differentiation. ..
- Roos A, Berg T, Barton J, Didon L, Nord M. Airway epithelial cell differentiation during lung organogenesis requires C/EBP? and C/EBP?. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:911-23 pubmed publisher..assessed in mice with a lung epithelial-specific (SFTPC-Cre-mediated) deletion of C/EBP? (Cebpa(?LE) ), C/EBP? (Cebpb(?LE) ), or both genes (Cebpa(?LE) ; Cebpb(?LE) )...
- Sebastian T, Malik R, Thomas S, Sage J, Johnson P. C/EBPbeta cooperates with RB:E2F to implement Ras(V12)-induced cellular senescence. EMBO J. 2005;24:3301-12 pubmed..C/EBPbeta is therefore a novel component of the RB:E2F-dependent senescence program activated by oncogenic stress in primary cells. ..
- Liu Y, Tseng H, Chen L, Chen B, Chang W. Functional cooperation of simian virus 40 promoter factor 1 and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta and delta in lipopolysaccharide-induced gene activation of IL-10 in mouse macrophages. J Immunol. 2003;171:821-8 pubmed..The increase of C/EBPbeta and delta proteins and the enhancement of transactivation activity of C/EBPbeta and delta by LPS treatment, at least in part, explain the activation of IL-10 gene expression. ..
- Kim H, Yoon M, Lee J, Penninger J, Kong Y. Osteoprotegerin ligand induces beta-casein gene expression through the transcription factor CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5339-44 pubmed..Our data provide new insights into the understanding of the molecular events involved in milk protein gene expression. ..
- Tanaka T, Yoshida N, Kishimoto T, Akira S. Defective adipocyte differentiation in mice lacking the C/EBPbeta and/or C/EBPdelta gene. EMBO J. 1997;16:7432-43 pubmed
- Robinson G, Johnson P, Hennighausen L, Sterneck E. The C/EBPbeta transcription factor regulates epithelial cell proliferation and differentiation in the mammary gland. Genes Dev. 1998;12:1907-16 pubmed..Thus, C/EBPbeta plays an essential, cell autonomous role in the proliferation and differentiation of mammary secretory epithelial cells and is required for the activation of milk protein genes. ..
- Akagi T, Saitoh T, O Kelly J, Akira S, Gombart A, Koeffler H. Impaired response to GM-CSF and G-CSF, and enhanced apoptosis in C/EBPbeta-deficient hematopoietic cells. Blood. 2008;111:2999-3004 pubmed..Our present results indicate that C/EBPbeta helps regulate survival of neutrophils, downstream of the granulocyte colony stimulating factor receptor. ..
- Halterman M, De Jesus C, Rempe D, Schor N, Federoff H. Loss of c/EBP-beta activity promotes the adaptive to apoptotic switch in hypoxic cortical neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:125-37 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the pathologic response in cortical neurons induced by hypoxia involves both the loss of c/EBP-beta-mediated survival signals and activation of pro-death pathways originating from the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Oishi Y, Manabe I, Tobe K, Tsushima K, Shindo T, Fujiu K, et al. Krüppel-like transcription factor KLF5 is a key regulator of adipocyte differentiation. Cell Metab. 2005;1:27-39 pubmed..KLF5, in turn, acts in concert with C/EBPbeta/delta to activate the PPARgamma2 promoter. This study establishes KLF5 as a key component of the transcription factor network controlling adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Tang Q, Grønborg M, Huang H, Kim J, Otto T, Pandey A, et al. Sequential phosphorylation of CCAAT enhancer-binding protein beta by MAPK and glycogen synthase kinase 3beta is required for adipogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9766-71 pubmed..The delayed transactivation of the C/EBPalpha and PPARgamma genes by C/EBPbeta appears necessary to allow mitotic clonal expansion, which would otherwise be prevented, because C/EBPalpha and PPARgamma are antimitotic. ..
- CESENA T, Cardinaux J, Kwok R, Schwartz J. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) beta is acetylated at multiple lysines: acetylation of C/EBPbeta at lysine 39 modulates its ability to activate transcription. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:956-67 pubmed..These data suggest that acetylation of Lys-39 of C/EBPbeta, alone or in combination with acetylation at other lysines, may play a role in C/EBPbeta-mediated transcriptional activation. ..
- Maytin E, Lin J, Krishnamurthy R, Batchvarova N, Ron D, Mitchell P, et al. Keratin 10 gene expression during differentiation of mouse epidermis requires transcription factors C/EBP and AP-2. Dev Biol. 1999;216:164-81 pubmed..In response to differentiation signals, loss of AP-2 expression leads to derepression of the c/ebpalpha promoter and activation of k10 as cells migrate upward. ..
- Nadeau S, Hein P, Fernandes K, Peterson A, Miller F. A transcriptional role for C/EBP beta in the neuronal response to axonal injury. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;29:525-35 pubmed..Thus, C/EBPbeta is essential for the neuronal injury response, acting to transcriptionally activate regeneration-associated gene expression...
- Bradley M, Zhou L, Smale S. C/EBPbeta regulation in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4841-58 pubmed
- Tominaga H, Maeda S, Hayashi M, Takeda S, Akira S, Komiya S, et al. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta promotes osteoblast differentiation by enhancing Runx2 activity with ATF4. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5373-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide evidence that C/EBPbeta is a crucial cofactor in the promotion of osteoblast maturation by Runx2 and ATF4. ..
- Bezy O, Elabd C, Cochet O, Petersen R, Kristiansen K, Dani C, et al. Delta-interacting protein A, a new inhibitory partner of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta, implicated in adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11432-8 pubmed..Thus, DIPA is a novel partner of C/EBP beta that down-regulates early events of adipogenesis. ..
- Fan H, Liu Z, Johnson P, Richards J. CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins (C/EBP)-? and -? are essential for ovulation, luteinization, and the expression of key target genes. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:253-68 pubmed publisher..Female Cebpb(gc)(-/-) mutant mice, but not Cebpa(gc)(-/-) mice, were subfertile whereas Cebpa/b(gc)(-/-) double-mutant females ..
- Savage T, Bennett T, Huang Y, Kelly P, Durant N, Adams D, et al. Mandibular phenotype of p20C/EBPbeta transgenic mice: Reduced alveolar bone mass and site-specific dentin dysplasia. Bone. 2006;39:552-64 pubmed..6) promoter-targeted expression of a FLAG-tagged dominant negative C/EBP isoform, p20C/EBPbeta (previously LIP)...
- Xu G, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Roberts A, Shi Y. C/EBPbeta mediates synergistic upregulation of gene expression by interferon-gamma and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells. 2009;27:942-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, C/EBPbeta is not regulated by STAT1. These results demonstrate the importance of cytokine interactions in MSC immunobiology, a better understanding of which will allow improved clinical application of these cells. ..
- Hata K, Nishimura R, Ueda M, Ikeda F, Matsubara T, Ichida F, et al. A CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta isoform, liver-enriched inhibitory protein, regulates commitment of osteoblasts and adipocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1971-9 pubmed..Surprisingly, an isoform of C/EBPbeta, liver-enriched inhibitory protein (LIP), which lacks the transcriptional activation domain, stimulates transcriptional activity and the osteogenic action ..
- Saisanit S, Sun X. Regulation of the pro-B-cell-specific enhancer of the Id1 gene involves the C/EBP family of proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:844-50 pubmed..We also demonstrate that CHOP is associated with C/EBPbeta in WEHI-231 cells, which may provide an additional mechanism to control the function of C/EBPbeta and the expression of the Id1 gene. ..
- Wang G, Salisbury E, Shi X, Timchenko L, Medrano E, Timchenko N. HDAC1 promotes liver proliferation in young mice via interactions with C/EBPbeta. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26179-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, these studies have identified a new pathway that promotes liver proliferation in young mice and might contribute to the malignant transformations in the liver. ..
- Bein K, Leight H, Leikauf G. JUN-CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein complexes inhibit surfactant-associated protein B promoter activity. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:436-44 pubmed publisher..These findings support the idea that heterodimerization between JUN and C/EBP-? and/or C/EBP-? targets JUN to the Sftpb promoter, thereby mediating its inhibitory regulatory role. ..
- Boström P, Mann N, Wu J, Quintero P, Plovie E, Panàkovà D, et al. C/EBP? controls exercise-induced cardiac growth and protects against pathological cardiac remodeling. Cell. 2010;143:1072-83 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that C/EBP? represses cardiomyocyte growth and proliferation in the adult mammalian heart and that reduction in C/EBP? is a central signal in physiologic hypertrophy and proliferation. ..
- Darlington G. Molecular mechanisms of liver development and differentiation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:678-82 pubmed
- Arizmendi C, Liu S, Croniger C, Poli V, Friedman J. The transcription factor CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta regulates gluconeogenesis and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP) gene transcription during diabetes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:13033-40 pubmed..These results link C/EBPbeta to the metabolic and gene regulatory responses to diabetes and implicate C/EBPbeta as an essential factor underlying glucocorticoid-dependent activation of PEPCK gene transcription in the intact animal. ..
- Li X, Kim J, Grønborg M, Urlaub H, Lane M, Tang Q. Role of cdk2 in the sequential phosphorylation/activation of C/EBPbeta during adipocyte differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:11597-602 pubmed..Thus, MAPK and cdk2/cyclinA act sequentially to maintain Thr(188) of C/EBPbeta in the primed phosphorylated state during MCE and thereby progression of terminal differentiation. ..
- Lin W, Shen B, Tsay Y, Yen H, Lee S, Chang C. Transcriptional activation of C/EBPbeta gene by c-Jun and ATF2. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:551-60 pubmed..During acute phase response, the phosphorylation of c-Jun and ATF2 was found to correlate with C/EBPbeta gene expression. Taken together, our results provide the evidences that both c-Jun and ATF2 are the regulators of C/EBPbeta gene. ..
- Zahnow C, Cardiff R, Laucirica R, Medina D, Rosen J. A role for CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta-liver-enriched inhibitory protein in mammary epithelial cell proliferation. Cancer Res. 2001;61:261-9 pubmed..C/EBPbeta-liver-enriched inhibitory protein (LIP) isoform with the C/EBPbeta-liver-enriched activating protein (LAP) isoform inhibits the transcriptional activation of genes involved in differentiation...
- Timchenko N, Welm A, Lu X, Timchenko L. CUG repeat binding protein (CUGBP1) interacts with the 5' region of C/EBPbeta mRNA and regulates translation of C/EBPbeta isoforms. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:4517-25 pubmed..A truncated C/EBPbeta isoform, LIP, is induced in rat livers in response to partial hepatectomy (PH) via the alternative translation mechanism...
- Zhu S, Yoon K, Sterneck E, Johnson P, Smart R. CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-beta is a mediator of keratinocyte survival and skin tumorigenesis involving oncogenic Ras signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:207-12 pubmed..These findings indicate that C/EBPbeta has a critical role in Ras-mediated tumorigenesis and cell survival and implicate C/EBPbeta as a target for tumor inhibition. ..