Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdk8
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase 8
Alias: cyclin-dependent kinase 8, cell division protein kinase 8, mediator complex subunit CDK8, mediator of RNA polymerase II transcription subunit CDK8
- Aranda Orgilles B, SaldaÃ±a Meyer R, Wang E, Trompouki E, Fassl A, Lau S, et al. MED12 Regulates HSC-Specific Enhancers Independently of Mediator Kinase Activity to Control Hematopoiesis. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;19:784-799 pubmed publisher..As MED12 mutations have been described recently in blood malignancies, alterations in MED12-dependent enhancer regulation may control both physiological and malignant hematopoiesis. ..
- Persaud S, Huang W, Park S, Wei L. Gene repressive activity of RIP140 through direct interaction with CDK8. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1689-98 pubmed publisher..of lysine acetylation-mimetic RIP140, which elicits a stronger repressive effect and more efficiently recruits CDK8 and confirm CDK8's function in recruiting repressive components, such as G9a, to the RIP140 complex on this ..
- Ahuja H, Zhu Y, Zakeri Z. Association of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 and its activator p35 with apoptotic cell death. Dev Genet. 1997;21:258-67 pubmed..Our results suggest a role for Cdk5 and p35 proteins in cell death. This protein complex may function in the rearrangement of the cytoskeleton during apoptosis. ..
- Li N, Fassl A, Chick J, Inuzuka H, Li X, Mansour M, et al. Cyclin C is a haploinsufficient tumour suppressor. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1080-91 pubmed publisher..Cyclin C activates an 'orphan' CDK19 kinase, as well as CDK8 and CDK3...
- Porter D, Farmaki E, Altilia S, Schools G, West D, Chen M, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 8 mediates chemotherapy-induced tumor-promoting paracrine activities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13799-804 pubmed publisher..These compounds were identified as selective inhibitors of a transcription-regulating kinase CDK8 and its isoform CDK19. Remarkably, p21 was found to bind to CDK8 and stimulate its kinase activity...
- Putz E, Gotthardt D, Hoermann G, Csiszar A, Wirth S, Berger A, et al. CDK8-mediated STAT1-S727 phosphorylation restrains NK cell cytotoxicity and tumor surveillance. Cell Rep. 2013;4:437-44 pubmed publisher..Constitutive phosphorylation of S727 depends on cyclin-dependent kinase 8 (CDK8)...
- Pavri R, Lewis B, Kim T, Dilworth F, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. PARP-1 determines specificity in a retinoid signaling pathway via direct modulation of mediator. Mol Cell. 2005;18:83-96 pubmed..Importantly, Mediator was inactive (Cdk8+) under basal conditions but was activated (Cdk8-) upon induction...
- Malik S, Guermah M, Yuan C, Wu W, Yamamura S, Roeder R. Structural and functional organization of TRAP220, the TRAP/mediator subunit that is targeted by nuclear receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8244-54 pubmed..The implications of these observations are discussed in terms of our present understanding of coactivator function. ..