Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdh5
Description: cadherin 5
Alias: 7B4, AA408225, Cd144, VE-Cad, VECD, VEcad, Vec, cadherin-5, 7B4/cadherin-5, VE-cadherin, vascular endothelial cadherin
- Vijayaraj P, Le Bras A, Mitchell N, Kondo M, Juliao S, Wasserman M, et al. Erg is a crucial regulator of endocardial-mesenchymal transformation during cardiac valve morphogenesis. Development. 2012;139:3973-85 pubmed publisher..We show that Erg is required for the maintenance of the core EnMT regulatory factors that include Snail1 and Snail2 by binding to their promoter and intronic regions. ..
- Ema M, Yokomizo T, Wakamatsu A, Terunuma T, Yamamoto M, Takahashi S. Primitive erythropoiesis from mesodermal precursors expressing VE-cadherin, PECAM-1, Tie2, endoglin, and CD34 in the mouse embryo. Blood. 2006;108:4018-24 pubmed..The latter cell population includes progenitors that give rise to primitive hematopoietic cells, suggesting that primitive and definitive hematopoietic cells in the mouse embryo arise from EC marker-positive cells. ..
- Tzima E, Irani Tehrani M, Kiosses W, Dejana E, Schultz D, Engelhardt B, et al. A mechanosensory complex that mediates the endothelial cell response to fluid shear stress. Nature. 2005;437:426-31 pubmed..Therefore, this mechanosensing pathway is required for the earliest-known events in atherogenesis. ..
- Taddei A, Giampietro C, Conti A, Orsenigo F, Breviario F, Pirazzoli V, et al. Endothelial adherens junctions control tight junctions by VE-cadherin-mediated upregulation of claudin-5. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:923-34 pubmed publisher..These results offer a molecular basis for the link between AJs and TJs and explain why VE-cadherin inhibition may cause a marked increase in permeability. ..
- Nawroth R, Poell G, Ranft A, Kloep S, Samulowitz U, Fachinger G, et al. VE-PTP and VE-cadherin ectodomains interact to facilitate regulation of phosphorylation and cell contacts. EMBO J. 2002;21:4885-95 pubmed..Thus, VE-PTP is a transmembrane binding partner of VE-cadherin that associates through an extracellular domain and reduces the tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and cell layer permeability independently of its enzymatic activity. ..
- Gory Fauré S, Prandini M, Pointu H, Roullot V, Pignot Paintrand I, Vernet M, et al. Role of vascular endothelial-cadherin in vascular morphogenesis. Development. 1999;126:2093-102 pubmed..These data indicate that VE-cadherin is dispensable for endothelial homophilic adhesion but is required for vascular morphogenesis. ..
- Turowski P, Martinelli R, Crawford R, Wateridge D, Papageorgiou A, Lampugnani M, et al. Phosphorylation of vascular endothelial cadherin controls lymphocyte emigration. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:29-37 pubmed..Here we show that tyrosine phosphorylation of adherens junction vascular endothelial cadherin (VEC) is required for successful transendothelial lymphocyte migration...
- Kim I, Yilmaz O, Morrison S. CD144 (VE-cadherin) is transiently expressed by fetal liver hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2005;106:903-5 pubmed..After the onset of definitive hematopoiesis, CD144 (vascular endothelial [VE]-cadherin) has been considered a specific marker of endothelial cells...
- Hellstrom M, Gerhardt H, Kalén M, Li X, Eriksson U, Wolburg H, et al. Lack of pericytes leads to endothelial hyperplasia and abnormal vascular morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:543-53 pubmed
- Hirashima M, Sano K, Morisada T, Murakami K, Rossant J, Suda T. Lymphatic vessel assembly is impaired in Aspp1-deficient mouse embryos. Dev Biol. 2008;316:149-59 pubmed publisher..Here we report novel lymphatic vascular phenotypes in Aspp1(-/-) mice; subcutaneous edema detected only during embryogenesis, delayed lymphatic vessel formation, and mispatterned collecting lymphatic vessels. ..
- Lai L, Bohnsack B, Niederreither K, Hirschi K. Retinoic acid regulates endothelial cell proliferation during vasculogenesis. Development. 2003;130:6465-74 pubmed..Thus, these data indicate that RA plays a crucial role in mammalian vascular development; it is required to control endothelial cell proliferation and vascular remodeling during vasculogenesis. ..
- Drake C, Fleming P. Vasculogenesis in the day 6.5 to 9.5 mouse embryo. Blood. 2000;95:1671-9 pubmed..Blood. 2000;95:1671-1679)..
- Grazia Lampugnani M, Zanetti A, Corada M, Takahashi T, Balconi G, Breviario F, et al. Contact inhibition of VEGF-induced proliferation requires vascular endothelial cadherin, beta-catenin, and the phosphatase DEP-1/CD148. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:793-804 pubmed..Comparing isogenic endothelial cells differing for vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) expression only, we found that the presence of this protein attenuates VEGF-induced VEGF ..
- Vittet D, Buchou T, Schweitzer A, Dejana E, Huber P. Targeted null-mutation in the vascular endothelial-cadherin gene impairs the organization of vascular-like structures in embryoid bodies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6273-8 pubmed..These in vitro experiments are consistent with a pivotal role of VE-cadherin in vascular structure assembly. ..
- Oas R, Xiao K, Summers S, Wittich K, Chiasson C, Martin W, et al. p120-Catenin is required for mouse vascular development. Circ Res. 2010;106:941-51 pubmed publisher..5. Importantly, both vascular endothelial cadherin and N-cadherin levels were significantly reduced in vessels lacking p120...
- Carmeliet P, Lampugnani M, Moons L, Breviario F, Compernolle V, Bono F, et al. Targeted deficiency or cytosolic truncation of the VE-cadherin gene in mice impairs VEGF-mediated endothelial survival and angiogenesis. Cell. 1999;98:147-57 pubmedb>Vascular endothelial cadherin, VE-cadherin, mediates adhesion between endothelial cells and may affect vascular morphogenesis via intracellular signaling, but the nature of these signals remains unknown...
- Corada M, Nyqvist D, Orsenigo F, Caprini A, Giampietro C, Taketo M, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway modulates vascular remodeling and specification by upregulating Dll4/Notch signaling. Dev Cell. 2010;18:938-49 pubmed publisher..We propose that early and sustained beta-catenin signaling prevents correct endothelial cell differentiation, altering vascular remodeling and arteriovenous specification. ..
- Luo Y, Radice G. N-cadherin acts upstream of VE-cadherin in controlling vascular morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:29-34 pubmed..These findings provide a novel paradigm by which N-cadherin regulates angiogenesis, in part, by controlling VE-cadherin expression at the cell membrane. ..
- Lampugnani M, Zanetti A, Breviario F, Balconi G, Orsenigo F, Corada M, et al. VE-cadherin regulates endothelial actin activating Rac and increasing membrane association of Tiam. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1175-89 pubmed..We report herein that transfection of VE-cadherin (VEC) cDNA in VEC null endothelial cells induces actin rearrangement and increases the number of vinculin positive ..
- Tyler R, Peterson F, Volkman B. Distal interactions within the par3-VE-cadherin complex. Biochemistry. 2010;49:951-7 pubmed publisher..par3, interaction of its third PDZ domain with the class II ligand found within the C-terminal tail of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-Cad) suggests a role in endothelial cell polarity as well, but the molecular details of the ..
- Cattelino A, Liebner S, Gallini R, Zanetti A, Balconi G, Corsi A, et al. The conditional inactivation of the beta-catenin gene in endothelial cells causes a defective vascular pattern and increased vascular fragility. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:1111-22 pubmed..This may become more marked when the vessels are exposed to high or turbulent flow, such as at bifurcations or in the beating heart, leading to fluid leakage or hemorrhages. ..
- Francois M, Caprini A, Hosking B, Orsenigo F, Wilhelm D, Browne C, et al. Sox18 induces development of the lymphatic vasculature in mice. Nature. 2008;456:643-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a critical role for Sox18 in developmental lymphangiogenesis, and suggest new avenues to investigate for therapeutic management of human lymphangiopathies. ..
- Nottebaum A, Cagna G, Winderlich M, Gamp A, Linnepe R, Polaschegg C, et al. VE-PTP maintains the endothelial barrier via plakoglobin and becomes dissociated from VE-cadherin by leukocytes and by VEGF. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2929-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, leukocytes interacting with endothelial cells rapidly dissociate VE-PTP from VE-cadherin, weakening endothelial cell contacts via a mechanism that requires plakoglobin but not beta-catenin...
- Breier G, Breviario F, Caveda L, Berthier R, Schnurch H, Gotsch U, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of murine vascular endothelial-cadherin in early stage development of cardiovascular system. Blood. 1996;87:630-41 pubmed..work showed that endothelial cells express a cell-specific cadherin (vascular endothelial [VE]-cadherin, or 7B4/cadherin-5) that is organized at cell-to-cell contacts in cultured cells and is able to promote intercellular ..
- Baumer S, Keller L, Holtmann A, Funke R, August B, Gamp A, et al. Vascular endothelial cell-specific phosphotyrosine phosphatase (VE-PTP) activity is required for blood vessel development. Blood. 2006;107:4754-62 pubmed..No signs for enhanced endothelial apoptosis or proliferation were observed. Thus, the activity of VE-PTP is not required for the initial formation of blood vessels, yet it is essential for their maintenance and remodeling. ..
- Crosby C, Fleming P, Argraves W, Corada M, Zanetta L, Dejana E, et al. VE-cadherin is not required for the formation of nascent blood vessels but acts to prevent their disassembly. Blood. 2005;105:2771-6 pubmed
- Fischer A, Schumacher N, Maier M, Sendtner M, Gessler M. The Notch target genes Hey1 and Hey2 are required for embryonic vascular development. Genes Dev. 2004;18:901-11 pubmed..This indicates that Hey1/Hey2 are essential transducers of Notch signals in cardiovascular development that may mediate arterial cell fate decision. ..
- Cowan C, Kohler E, Dugan T, Mirza M, Malik A, Wary K. Kruppel-like factor-4 transcriptionally regulates VE-cadherin expression and endothelial barrier function. Circ Res. 2010;107:959-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, KLF4 maintains the integrity of AJs and prevents vascular leakage in response to inflammatory stimuli. ..
- Tang Y, Bai H, Urs S, Wang Z, Liaw L. Notch1 activation in embryonic VE-cadherin populations selectively blocks hematopoietic stem cell generation and fetal liver hematopoiesis. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:403-10 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a cell type-dependent activity and distinct features of Notch1 versus Notch4 signaling and their impact on HSC generation. ..
- Kobayashi S, Yamashita T, Ohneda K, Nagano M, Kimura K, Nakai H, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-3Î± promotes angiogenic activity of pulmonary endothelial cells by repressing the expression of the VE-cadherin gene. Genes Cells. 2015;20:224-41 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show novel and unique roles of HIF-3Î± for angiogenic gene regulation in pulmonary ECs. ..
- Liu Y, Collins C, Kiosses W, Murray A, Joshi M, Shepherd T, et al. A novel pathway spatiotemporally activates Rac1 and redox signaling in response to fluid shear stress. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:863-73 pubmed publisher..Our results describe a novel molecular cascade that regulates redox signaling by the coordinated regulation of Rac1 and by linking components of the polarity complex to the NADPH oxidase. ..
- Li Z, Wu J, Sheikh A, Kraft D, Cao F, Xie X, et al. Differentiation, survival, and function of embryonic stem cell derived endothelial cells for ischemic heart disease. Circulation. 2007;116:I46-54 pubmed..Murine ES cells were transfected with a construct composed of a vascular endothelial cadherin promoter driving enhanced green fluorescence protein (pVE-cadherin-eGFP)...
- Kugelmann D, Waschke J, Radeva M. Adducin is involved in endothelial barrier stabilization. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0126213 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Î±-adducin is involved in remodeling of endothelial adhesion junctions and thereby contributes to endothelial barrier regulation. ..
- Ziegler N, Awwad K, Fisslthaler B, Reis M, Devraj K, Corada M, et al. ?-Catenin Is Required for Endothelial Cyp1b1 Regulation Influencing Metabolic Barrier Function. J Neurosci. 2016;36:8921-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Wnt/?-catenin signaling regulates endothelial metabolic barrier function through Cyp1b1 transcription. ..
- Lizama C, Hawkins J, Schmitt C, Bos F, Zape J, Cautivo K, et al. Repression of arterial genes in hemogenic endothelium is sufficient for haematopoietic fate acquisition. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7739 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the endothelial haematopoietic fate switch is actively repressed in a population of endothelial cells, and that derepression of these programs augments haematopoietic output. ..
- Egan C, Nyman U, Skotte J, Streubel G, Turner S, O Connell D, et al. CHD5 is required for neurogenesis and has a dual role in facilitating gene expression and polycomb gene repression. Dev Cell. 2013;26:223-36 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insights into the regulatory role of CHD5 during neurogenesis and suggest how inactivation of this candidate tumor suppressor might contribute to neuroblastoma. ..
- Elmquist A, Hansen M, Langel U. Structure-activity relationship study of the cell-penetrating peptide pVEC. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1758:721-9 pubmed..Treatment with heparinase III, nystatin and EIPA had no effect on the peptide uptake. The data presented here show that the N-terminal hydrophobic part of pVEC is crucial for efficient cellular translocation. ..
- Li R, Ren M, Chen N, Luo M, Zhang Z, Wu J. Vitronectin increases vascular permeability by promoting VE-cadherin internalization at cell junctions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37195 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for the regulation of endothelial function and angiogenesis by VN under normal and pathological conditions. ..
- Hart A, Melet F, Grossfeld P, Chien K, Jones C, Tunnacliffe A, et al. Fli-1 is required for murine vascular and megakaryocytic development and is hemizygously deleted in patients with thrombocytopenia. Immunity. 2000;13:167-77 pubmed..We map the megakaryocytic defects in 14 Jacobsen patients to a minimal region on 11q that includes the Fli-1 gene and suggest that dysmegakaryopoiesis in these patients may be caused by hemizygous loss of Fli-1. ..
- Harikrishnan K, Cooley M, Sugi Y, Barth J, Rasmussen L, Kern C, et al. Fibulin-1 suppresses endothelial to mesenchymal transition in the proximal outflow tract. Mech Dev. 2015;136:123-32 pubmed publisher..Erythrocytes were also detected in Fbln1 null OFT cushions at E10.5. Together, the findings indicate that Fbln1 normally suppresses proximal OFT EMT preventing proximal cushion hypercellularity and blood cell accumulation. ..
- Gaengel K, Niaudet C, Hagikura K, Laviña B, Siemsen B, Muhl L, et al. The sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor S1PR1 restricts sprouting angiogenesis by regulating the interplay between VE-cadherin and VEGFR2. Dev Cell. 2012;23:587-99 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that S1PR1 signaling acts as a vascular-intrinsic stabilization mechanism, protecting developing blood vessels against aberrant angiogenic responses. ..
- Wessel F, Winderlich M, Holm M, Frye M, Rivera Galdos R, Vockel M, et al. Leukocyte extravasation and vascular permeability are each controlled in vivo by different tyrosine residues of VE-cadherin. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:223-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tyr685 and Tyr731 of VE-cadherin distinctly and selectively regulate the induction of vascular permeability or leukocyte extravasation. ..
- Sidibé A, Polena H, Razanajatovo J, Mannic T, Chaumontel N, Bama S, et al. Dynamic phosphorylation of VE-cadherin Y685 throughout mouse estrous cycle in ovary and uterus. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;307:H448-54 pubmed publisher..In addition, this process was concomitant with the early steps of vascular remodeling taking place at estrus stage, suggesting that phosphoY685-VE-cadherin is a biomarker of endothelial cell activation in vivo. ..
- Liebl J, Zhang S, Moser M, Agalarov Y, Demir C, Hager B, et al. Cdk5 controls lymphatic vessel development and function by phosphorylation of Foxc2. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7274 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings show that Cdk5-Foxc2 interaction represents a critical regulator of lymphatic vessel development and the transcriptional network underlying lymphatic vascular remodeling. ..
- Brachvogel B, Moch H, Pausch F, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Hofmann C, Hallmann R, et al. Perivascular cells expressing annexin A5 define a novel mesenchymal stem cell-like population with the capacity to differentiate into multiple mesenchymal lineages. Development. 2005;132:2657-68 pubmed..Hence, Anxa5 expression in perivascular cells from mouse defines a novel population of cells with a distinct developmental potential. ..
- Frye M, Dierkes M, KÃ¼ppers V, Vockel M, Tomm J, Zeuschner D, et al. Interfering with VE-PTP stabilizes endothelial junctions in vivo via Tie-2 in the absence of VE-cadherin. J Exp Med. 2015;212:2267-87 pubmed publisher..In the absence of Tie-2, however, VE-PTP inhibition destabilizes endothelial barrier integrity in agreement with the VE-cadherin-supportive effect of VE-PTP. ..
- Zhang H, Pu W, Liu Q, He L, Huang X, Tian X, et al. Endocardium Contributes to Cardiac Fat. Circ Res. 2016;118:254-65 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo fate-mapping studies demonstrated that the developing endocardium, but not the vascular endothelial cells, gives rise to intramyocardial adipocytes in the adult heart. ..
- Bonney S, Siegenthaler J. Differential Effects of Retinoic Acid Concentrations in Regulating Blood-Brain Barrier Properties. Eneuro. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..Our data do not support a role for RA in BBB development, but confirm reports that pharmacological RA is a robust tool to induce BBB properties in culture. ..
- Saunders W, Bohnsack B, Faske J, Anthis N, Bayless K, Hirschi K, et al. Coregulation of vascular tube stabilization by endothelial cell TIMP-2 and pericyte TIMP-3. J Cell Biol. 2006;175:179-91 pubmed
- Ciriza J, Hall D, Lu A, De Sena J, Al Kuhlani M, Garcia Ojeda M. Single-cell analysis of murine long-term hematopoietic stem cells reveals distinct patterns of gene expression during fetal migration. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30542 pubmed publisher..5 days post coitum (dpc). The cadherin Cdh5 (Vecad) maintains high expression variability only during fetal development, while the integrin subunit Itga5 (?5) ..
- Tao G, Levay A, Gridley T, Lincoln J. Mmp15 is a direct target of Snai1 during endothelial to mesenchymal transformation and endocardial cushion development. Dev Biol. 2011;359:209-21 pubmed publisher..Together, findings from this study reveal previously unappreciated mechanisms of Snai1 for the direct regulation of MMPs during EC development. ..
- Xu K, Sacharidou A, Fu S, Chong D, Skaug B, Chen Z, et al. Blood vessel tubulogenesis requires Rasip1 regulation of GTPase signaling. Dev Cell. 2011;20:526-39 pubmed publisher..This study identifies Rasip1 as a unique, endothelial-specific regulator of Rho GTPase signaling, which is essential for blood vessel morphogenesis. ..
- Wu J, Sheibani N. Modulation of VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 mediated cell-cell adhesions by mitogen-activated protein kinases. J Cell Biochem. 2003;90:121-37 pubmed..Thus, sustained activation of MAPK/ERKs plays an important role in disruption of cell-cell adhesion and migration of endothelial cells. ..
- Sidibé A, Polena H, Pernet Gallay K, Razanajatovo J, Mannic T, Chaumontel N, et al. VE-cadherin Y685F knock-in mouse is sensitive to vascular permeability in recurrent angiogenic organs. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;307:H455-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this knock-in mouse model is of potential interest for further studies of diseases that are associated with abnormal vascular permeability. ..
- Huber P, Dalmon J, Engiles J, Breviario F, Gory S, Siracusa L, et al. Genomic structure and chromosomal mapping of the mouse VE-cadherin gene (Cdh5). Genomics. 1996;32:21-8 pubmedb>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) is located strictly at endothelial junctions and appears to be a major adhesive component of cell to cell contacts...
- Kazenwadel J, Betterman K, Chong C, Stokes P, Lee Y, Secker G, et al. GATA2 is required for lymphatic vessel valve development and maintenance. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2979-94 pubmed publisher..Together, our data unveil essential roles for GATA2 in the lymphatic vasculature and explain why a select catalogue of human GATA2 mutations results in lymphedema. ..
- Yan M, Zhang X, Chen A, Gu W, Liu J, Ren X, et al. Endothelial cell SHP-2 negatively regulates neutrophil adhesion and promotes transmigration by enhancing ICAM-1-VE-cadherin interaction. FASEB J. 2017;31:4759-4769 pubmed publisher..Chen, A., Gu, W., Liu, J., Ren, X., Zhang, J., Wu, X., Place, A. T., Minshall, R. D., Liu, G. Endothelial cell SHP-2 negatively regulates neutrophil adhesion and promotes transmigration by enhancing ICAM-1-VE-cadherin interaction. ..
- Morita K, Sasaki H, Furuse M, Tsukita S. Endothelial claudin: claudin-5/TMVCF constitutes tight junction strands in endothelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:185-94 pubmed..e., the extracellular face-associated TJs. These findings indicated that claudin-5/TMVCF is an endothelial cell-specific component of TJ strands. ..
- Mishra S, Choe Y, Pleasure S, Siegenthaler J. Cerebrovascular defects in Foxc1 mutants correlate with aberrant WNT and VEGF-A pathways downstream of retinoic acid from the meninges. Dev Biol. 2016;420:148-165 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer the first evidence for a role of the meninges in brain vascular development and provide new insight into potential causes of cerebrovascular defects in patients with FOXC1 mutations. ..
- Tsuneki M, Madri J. Adhesion molecule-mediated hippo pathway modulates hemangioendothelioma cell behavior. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4485-99 pubmed publisher..These findings support the importance of the Hippo pathway in hemangioendothelioma cell proliferation and survival and YM155 as a potential therapeutic agent in this category of vascular tumors. ..
- Volz K, Jacobs A, Chen H, Poduri A, McKay A, Riordan D, et al. Pericytes are progenitors for coronary artery smooth muscle. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our data are the first demonstration that pericytes are progenitors for smooth muscle, and their presence in adult hearts reveals a new potential cell type for targeting during cardiovascular disease. ..
- Vondenhoff M, Greuter M, Goverse G, Elewaut D, Dewint P, Ware C, et al. LTbetaR signaling induces cytokine expression and up-regulates lymphangiogenic factors in lymph node anlagen. J Immunol. 2009;182:5439-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the same signals may regulate lymphangiogenesis to the lymph node through induction of VEGF-C. ..
- Minasi M, Riminucci M, De Angelis L, Borello U, Berarducci B, Innocenzi A, et al. The meso-angioblast: a multipotent, self-renewing cell that originates from the dorsal aorta and differentiates into most mesodermal tissues. Development. 2002;129:2773-83 pubmed
- Wang Y, Baeyens N, Corti F, Tanaka K, Fang J, Zhang J, et al. Syndecan 4 controls lymphatic vasculature remodeling during mouse embryonic development. Development. 2016;143:4441-4451 pubmed..SDC4 thus controls flow-induced LEC polarization via regulation of VANGL2 expression. ..
- Carracedo S, Sacher F, Brandes G, Braun U, Leitges M. Redundant role of protein kinase C delta and epsilon during mouse embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e103686 pubmed publisher..Protein Kinase C delta and epsilon might therefore be useful targets for inhibiting vasculo- and/or angiogenesis. ..
- Yang Y, Garcia Verdugo J, Soriano Navarro M, Srinivasan R, Scallan J, Singh M, et al. Lymphatic endothelial progenitors bud from the cardinal vein and intersomitic vessels in mammalian embryos. Blood. 2012;120:2340-8 pubmed publisher..Analyzing this process in Prox1-null embryos revealed that Prox1 activity is necessary for LEC progenitors to exit the CV. ..
- Cossette S, Misra R. The identification of different endothelial cell populations within the mouse proepicardium. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2344-53 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that EC exist in the proepicardium before coronary vasculogenesis, and support a model in which there is a heterogeneous origin for EC in the proepicardium. ..
- Pfaff D, Heroult M, Riedel M, Reiss Y, Kirmse R, Ludwig T, et al. Involvement of endothelial ephrin-B2 in adhesion and transmigration of EphB-receptor-expressing monocytes. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3842-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study identifies a role of EphBR-ephrinB interactions as a new step in the cascade of events leading to monocyte adhesion and transmigration through the vascular endothelium. ..
- Zovein A, Luque A, Turlo K, Hofmann J, Yee K, Becker M, et al. Beta1 integrin establishes endothelial cell polarity and arteriolar lumen formation via a Par3-dependent mechanism. Dev Cell. 2010;18:39-51 pubmed publisher..Combined, our findings demonstrate that beta1 integrin functions upstream of Par3 as part of a molecular cascade required for endothelial cell polarity and lumen formation. ..