Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdh3
Description: cadherin 3
Alias: AI385538, Cadp, Cdhp, P-cadherin, Pcad, cadherin-3, RPE-specific cadherin, placental cadherin
- Nose A, Nagafuchi A, Takeichi M. Isolation of placental cadherin cDNA: identification of a novel gene family of cell-cell adhesion molecules. EMBO J. 1987;6:3655-61 pubmed..These results provide evidence for our hypothesis that cadherins constitute a gene family. ..
- Jamora C, DasGupta R, Kocieniewski P, Fuchs E. Links between signal transduction, transcription and adhesion in epithelial bud development. Nature. 2003;422:317-22 pubmed
- Bharti K, Gasper M, Ou J, Brucato M, Clore Gronenborn K, Pickel J, et al. A regulatory loop involving PAX6, MITF, and WNT signaling controls retinal pigment epithelium development. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002757 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that careful manipulation of the Pax6 regulatory circuit may facilitate the generation of retinal and pigment epithelium cells from embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cells. ..
- Daniel C, Strickland P, Friedmann Y. Expression and functional role of E- and P-cadherins in mouse mammary ductal morphogenesis and growth. Dev Biol. 1995;169:511-9 pubmed..These data indicate that spatially selective expression of E- and P-cadherins is required for mammary tissue integrity, which is in turn a prerequisite for normal rates of DNA synthesis. ..
- Radice G, Ferreira Cornwell M, Robinson S, Rayburn H, Chodosh L, Takeichi M, et al. Precocious mammary gland development in P-cadherin-deficient mice. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1025-32 pubmed..Furthermore, the loss of P-cadherin from the myoepithelium has uncovered a novel function for this tissue in maintaining the undifferentiated state of the underlying secretory epithelium. ..
- Hardy M, Vielkind U. Changing patterns of cell adhesion molecules during mouse pelage hair follicle development. 1. Follicle morphogenesis in wild-type mice. Acta Anat (Basel). 1996;157:169-82 pubmed..The results suggest that the main role of cell adhesion molecules is to mould the follicle by relaxing or reinforcing cell contacts in areas of increased morphogenetic activity. ..
- Hatta M, Miyatani S, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Takeichi M. Genomic organization and chromosomal mapping of the mouse P-cadherin gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:4437-41 pubmed..This is the first evidence for the linkage of different cadherin genes. ..
- Devenport D, Fuchs E. Planar polarization in embryonic epidermis orchestrates global asymmetric morphogenesis of hair follicles. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1257-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide in vitro evidence that homotypic intracellular interactions of Celsr1 are required to recruit Vangl2 and Fzd6 to sites of cell-cell contact. ..
- Fujimura N, Taketo M, Mori M, Korinek V, Kozmik Z. Spatial and temporal regulation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is essential for development of the retinal pigment epithelium. Dev Biol. 2009;334:31-45 pubmed publisher..Combined, our data suggest that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling plays an essential role in development of RPE by maintaining or inducing expression of Mitf and Otx2. ..
- Obara N, Lesot H. Subcellular localization of beta-catenin and cadherin expression in the cap-stage enamel organ of the mouse molar. Histochem Cell Biol. 2004;121:351-8 pubmed..A coincident upregulation of P-cadherin was observed in this area. Altogether, these observations suggest the possibility of a linkage between cell adhesion and Wnt signaling in the enamel knot...
- Milicic A, Harrison L, Goodlad R, Hardy R, Nicholson A, Presz M, et al. Ectopic expression of P-cadherin correlates with promoter hypomethylation early in colorectal carcinogenesis and enhanced intestinal crypt fission in vivo. Cancer Res. 2008;68:7760-8 pubmed publisher..We investigated the CpG methylation status of the P-cadherin (CDH3) promoter and P-cadherin mRNA and protein expression in cases of familial and sporadic colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Jacobs K, Feys L, Vanhoecke B, Van Marck V, Bracke M. P-cadherin expression reduces melanoma growth, invasion, and responsiveness to growth factors in nude mice. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2011;20:207-16 pubmed publisher..Therefore, P-cadherin can be considered as a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of melanoma. ..
- Pontoriero G, Deschamps P, Ashery Padan R, Wong R, Yang Y, Zavadil J, et al. Cell autonomous roles for AP-2alpha in lens vesicle separation and maintenance of the lens epithelial cell phenotype. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:602-17 pubmed publisher..wild-type littermates revealed differential expression of 415 mRNAs, including reduced expression of genes important for maintaining the lens epithelial cell phenotype, such as E-cadherin. ..
- Liu M, Zhao S, Lin Q, Wang X. YAP regulates the expression of Hoxa1 and Hoxc13 in mouse and human oral and skin epithelial tissues. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1449-61 pubmed publisher..These results provide mechanistic insights into abnormal YAP activities in mice and humans. ..
- Richardson G, Bazzi H, Fantauzzo K, Waters J, Crawford H, Hynd P, et al. KGF and EGF signalling block hair follicle induction and promote interfollicular epidermal fate in developing mouse skin. Development. 2009;136:2153-64 pubmed publisher..We have also uncovered a previously unrecognised role for KGF signalling in the formation of hair follicles in the mouse. ..
- Palacios J, Benito N, Berraquero R, Pizarro A, Cano A, Gamallo C. Differential spatiotemporal expression of E- and P-cadherin during mouse tooth development. Int J Dev Biol. 1995;39:663-6 pubmed
- Vielkind U, Hardy M. Changing patterns of cell adhesion molecules during mouse pelage hair follicle development. 2. Follicle morphogenesis in the hair mutants, Tabby and downy. Acta Anat (Basel). 1996;157:183-94 pubmed..This suggests that abnormal hair development in downy mice might result from a defect in dermal rather than epidermal components of the skin. ..
- Redies C, Muller H. Similarities in structure and expression between mouse P-cadherin, chicken B-cadherin and frog XB/U-cadherin. Cell Adhes Commun. 1994;2:511-20 pubmed..A number of differences in the expression patterns between P-, B-, and XB/U-cadherin indicate that these molecules assume differential morphogenetic roles in different species. ..
- Obara N, Suzuki Y, Nagai Y, Takeda M. Expression of E- and P-cadherin during tooth morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation of ameloblasts. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1998;197:469-75 pubmed
- Xu L, Overbeek P, Reneker L. Systematic analysis of E-, N- and P-cadherin expression in mouse eye development. Exp Eye Res. 2002;74:753-60 pubmed..E-cadherin expression in the neural retina has not been reported before. This study shows that cell fate determination in the eye occurs in conjunction with distinct changes in the patterns of cadherin gene expression. ..
- Chen T, Heller E, Beronja S, Oshimori N, Stokes N, Fuchs E. An RNA interference screen uncovers a new molecule in stem cell self-renewal and long-term regeneration. Nature. 2012;485:104-8 pubmed publisher..Our results validate the RNA interference screen and underscore its power in unearthing new molecules that govern stem cell self-renewal and tissue-regenerative potential. ..
- Akins M, Benson D, Greer C. Cadherin expression in the developing mouse olfactory system. J Comp Neurol. 2007;501:483-97 pubmed..CDH1 and CDH2 are expressed by OSNs; CDH2 expression closely parallels that seen for gamma-catenin in OSN axons. CDH3 and CDH11 are expressed by olfactory ensheathing glia, which surround OSN axons in the outer OB...
- Bauer R, Bosserhoff A. Functional implication of truncated P-cadherin expression in malignant melanoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2006;81:224-30 pubmed
- Collin G, Hubmacher D, Charette J, Hicks W, Stone L, Yu M, et al. Disruption of murine Adamtsl4 results in zonular fiber detachment from the lens and in retinal pigment epithelium dedifferentiation. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6958-74 pubmed publisher..In summary, the Adamtsl4(tvrm267) model provides a valuable tool to further elucidate the molecular basis of zonule formation, the pathophysiology of EL and ADAMTSL4 function in the maintenance of the RPE. ..
- Liu Y, Wada R, Yamashita T, Mi Y, Deng C, Hobson J, et al. Edg-1, the G protein-coupled receptor for sphingosine-1-phosphate, is essential for vascular maturation. J Clin Invest. 2000;106:951-61 pubmed..Our data reveal Edg-1 to be the first G protein-coupled receptor required for blood vessel formation and show that sphingolipid signaling is essential during mammalian development. ..
- Shimoyama Y, Yoshida T, Terada M, Shimosato Y, Abe O, Hirohashi S. Molecular cloning of a human Ca2+-dependent cell-cell adhesion molecule homologous to mouse placental cadherin: its low expression in human placental tissues. J Cell Biol. 1989;109:1787-94 pubmed..The results obtained in this study support the idea that P-cadherin plays little role, if any, in Ca2+-dependent cell-cell binding in human placental tissue at least after several weeks of pregnancy. ..
- Stephenson R, Yamanaka Y, Rossant J. Disorganized epithelial polarity and excess trophectoderm cell fate in preimplantation embryos lacking E-cadherin. Development. 2010;137:3383-91 pubmed publisher..They also show that Cdx2 expression is strongly linked to apical membrane polarization. ..
- Tahara K, Fujii K, Yamaguchi K, Suematsu T, Shiraishi N, Kitano S. Increased expression of P-cadherin mRNA in the mouse peritoneum after carbon dioxide insufflation. Surg Endosc. 2001;15:946-9 pubmed..Expression of ICAM-1 mRNA was not changed significantly after the application of CO(2). The expression of P-cadherin mRNA in the peritoneum can be induced to repair injuries to mesothelial cells caused by CO(2) pneumoperitoneum. ..
- Adolphe C, Nieuwenhuis E, Villani R, Li Z, Kaur P, Hui C, et al. Patched 1 and patched 2 redundancy has a key role in regulating epidermal differentiation. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1981-1990 pubmed publisher..In general, our findings implicate Ptch receptor redundancy as a key issue in elucidating the cellular origin of Hh-induced tumors. ..
- Ellison D, Mugler A, Brennan M, Lee S, Huebner R, Shamir E, et al. Cell-cell communication enhances the capacity of cell ensembles to sense shallow gradients during morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E679-88 pubmed publisher..The resulting integrative analysis provides a framework for understanding the advantages and limitations of sensory information processing by relays of chemically coupled cells. ..
- Kaupmann K, Becker Follmann J, Scherer G, Jockusch H, Starzinski Powitz A. The gene for the cell adhesion molecule M-cadherin maps to mouse chromosome 8 and human chromosome 16q24.1-qter and is near the E-cadherin (uvomorulin) locus in both species. Genomics. 1992;14:488-90 pubmed..the Ca(2+)-dependent cell adhesion molecule M-cadherin was used to study the segregation of the corresponding gene Cdh3 in a mouse interspecific backcross...
- Kjaer K, Hansen L, Schwabe G, Marques de Faria A, Eiberg H, Mundlos S, et al. Distinct CDH3 mutations cause ectodermal dysplasia, ectrodactyly, macular dystrophy (EEM syndrome). J Med Genet. 2005;42:292-8 pubmed..We here demonstrate through molecular analysis that EEM is caused by distinct homozygous CDH3 mutations in two previously published families. In family 1, a missense mutation (c...
- Tunggal J, Helfrich I, Schmitz A, Schwarz H, Gunzel D, Fromm M, et al. E-cadherin is essential for in vivo epidermal barrier function by regulating tight junctions. EMBO J. 2005;24:1146-56 pubmed..Surprisingly, our results indicate that E-cadherin is specifically required for tight junction, but not desmosome, formation and this appears to involve signalling rather than cell contact formation. ..
- Lenox J, Koch P, Mahoney M, Lieberman M, Stanley J, Radice G. Postnatal lethality of P-cadherin/desmoglein 3 double knockout mice: demonstration of a cooperative effect of these cell adhesion molecules in tissue homeostasis of stratified squamous epithelia. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:948-52 pubmed..These studies suggest that loss of P-cadherin leads to a more severe desmoglein 3 mutant phenotype in the double knockout mice. This is the first in vivo evidence of possible synergism between a classical and desmosomal cadherin. ..
- Cui C, Kunisada M, Childress V, Michel M, Schlessinger D. Shh is required for Tabby hair follicle development. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:3379-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, Shh is required for primary and secondary hair down-growth and full secondary hair length, but is not itself sufficient to replace Eda or make fully normal secondary hair. ..
- Vleminckx K, Kemler R. Cadherins and tissue formation: integrating adhesion and signaling. Bioessays. 1999;21:211-20 pubmed..We discuss how cadherins, through their effects on cell proliferation, cell death, cell polarization, and differentiation, play a role in the formation of tissues and organs in the developing embryo. ..
- Cho E, Patterson L, Brookhiser W, Mah S, Kintner C, Dressler G. Differential expression and function of cadherin-6 during renal epithelium development. Development. 1998;125:803-12 pubmed..These data suggest that cadherin-6 function is required for the early aggregation of induced mesenchymal cells and their subsequent conversion to epithelium. ..
- Moore R, Walsh F. The cell adhesion molecule M-cadherin is specifically expressed in developing and regenerating, but not denervated skeletal muscle. Development. 1993;117:1409-20 pubmed..The highly specific tissue distribution and unique developmental profile distinguishes M-cadherin from other cadherins and suggests a role in cell surface events during early myogenesis. ..
- Nagao K, Zhu J, Heneghan M, Hanson J, Morasso M, Tessarollo L, et al. Abnormal placental development and early embryonic lethality in EpCAM-null mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8543 pubmed publisher..The findings in EpCAM-reporter mice suggest involvement of this molecule in development of vital organs including the gut, kidneys, pancreas, lungs, eyes, and limbs. ..
- Shirokova V, Biggs L, Jussila M, Ohyama T, Groves A, Mikkola M. Foxi3 Deficiency Compromises Hair Follicle Stem Cell Specification and Activation. Stem Cells. 2016;34:1896-908 pubmed publisher..Thus, Foxi3 regulates multiple aspects of hair follicle development and homeostasis. Stem Cells 2016;34:1896-1908. ..
- Yang X, Chung J, Rai U, Esumi N. Cadherins in the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) revisited: P-cadherin is the highly dominant cadherin expressed in human and mouse RPE in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0191279 pubmed publisher..We found that P-cadherin (CDH3) is highly dominant in both mouse and human RPE in situ...
- Navarro P, Lozano E, Cano A. Expression of E- or P-cadherin is not sufficient to modify the morphology and the tumorigenic behavior of murine spindle carcinoma cells. Possible involvement of plakoglobin. J Cell Sci. 1993;105 ( Pt 4):923-34 pubmed..The presence of plakoglobin could be required for the proper organization of E-cadherin in the transfectant cells in order to acquire an epithelioid phenotype. ..
- Müller Röver S, Tokura Y, Welker P, Furukawa F, Wakita H, Takigawa M, et al. E- and P-cadherin expression during murine hair follicle morphogenesis and cycling. Exp Dermatol. 1999;8:237-46 pubmed..Since the adhesion molecules E- and P-cadherin (Ecad and Pcad) are functionally important, e.g...
- Hoffmann I, Balling R. Cloning and expression analysis of a novel mesodermally expressed cadherin. Dev Biol. 1995;169:337-46 pubmed
- van Roy F. Beyond E-cadherin: roles of other cadherin superfamily members in cancer. Nat Rev Cancer. 2014;14:121-34 pubmed publisher..These cadherins are very diverse in both structure and function, and their mutual interactions seem to influence biological responses in complex and versatile ways. ..
- Nishimura E, Yoshida H, Kunisada T, Nishikawa S. Regulation of E- and P-cadherin expression correlated with melanocyte migration and diversification. Dev Biol. 1999;215:155-66 pubmed..These findings indicate the involvement of extrinsic cues in coordinating the cadherin expression pattern of Mb/Mc and suggest a role for E- and P-cadherins in guiding Mc progenitors to their final destinations. ..
- Veniaminova N, Vagnozzi A, Kopinke D, Do T, Murtaugh L, Maillard I, et al. Keratin 79 identifies a novel population of migratory epithelial cells that initiates hair canal morphogenesis and regeneration. Development. 2013;140:4870-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover previously unappreciated long-distance cell movements throughout the life cycle of the hair follicle, and suggest a novel mechanism by which the follicle generates its hollow core through outward cell migration. ..
- Breier G, Breviario F, Caveda L, Berthier R, Schnurch H, Gotsch U, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of murine vascular endothelial-cadherin in early stage development of cardiovascular system. Blood. 1996;87:630-41 pubmed..This distinguishes this molecule from other cadherins and suggests that its expression is associated with the early assembly of vascular structures. ..
- Justice M, Morse H, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Identification of Evi-3, a novel common site of retroviral integration in mouse AKXD B-cell lymphomas. J Virol. 1994;68:1293-300 pubmed..Transcripts from Evi-3 are expressed in a developmentally regulated manner in B cells. Taken together, these data suggest that Evi-3 represents a novel proto-oncogene involved in mouse B-cell lymphomas. ..
- Zhao S, Hung F, Colvin J, White A, Dai W, Lovicu F, et al. Patterning the optic neuroepithelium by FGF signaling and Ras activation. Development. 2001;128:5051-60 pubmed..In mouse embryos lacking FGF9, the retinal pigment epithelium extends into the presumptive neural retina, indicating a role of FGF9 in defining the boundary of the neural retina. ..
- Fantauzzo K, Christiano A. Trps1 activates a network of secreted Wnt inhibitors and transcription factors crucial to vibrissa follicle morphogenesis. Development. 2012;139:203-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify Trps1 as a novel regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway and of early hair follicle progenitors in the developing vibrissa follicle. ..
- Giangreco A, Jensen K, Takai Y, Miyoshi J, Watt F. Necl2 regulates epidermal adhesion and wound repair. Development. 2009;136:3505-14 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Necl2 is involved in regulating epidermal stem cell quiescence and location. ..
- Faraldo M, Cano A. The 5' flanking sequences of the mouse P-cadherin gene. Homologies to 5' sequences of the E-cadherin gene and identification of a first 215 base-pair intron. J Mol Biol. 1993;231:935-41 pubmed..These results indicate that, in contrast to a previous report, the mouse E and P-cadherin genes exhibit a similar genomic organization both containing 15 introns and a similar size for the first two exons. ..
- Tsau C, Ito M, Gromova A, Hoffman M, Meech R, Makarenkova H. Barx2 and Fgf10 regulate ocular glands branching morphogenesis by controlling extracellular matrix remodeling. Development. 2011;138:3307-17 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a functional network involving Barx2, Fgf10 and MMPs that plays an essential role in regulating branching morphogenesis of the ocular glands. ..
- Sun P, Watanabe K, Fallahi M, Lee B, Afetian M, Rhéaume C, et al. Pygo2 regulates ?-catenin-induced activation of hair follicle stem/progenitor cells and skin hyperplasia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:10215-20 pubmed publisher..These findings identify Pygo2 as an important regulator of Wnt/?-catenin function in skin epithelia and p53 activation as a prominent downstream event of ?-catenin/Pygo2 action in stem cell activation. ..
- Tanoue T, Takeichi M. Mammalian Fat1 cadherin regulates actin dynamics and cell-cell contact. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:517-28 pubmed..These results suggest that Fat1 regulates actin cytoskeletal organization at cell peripheries, thereby modulating cell contacts and polarity. ..
- Van Keymeulen A, Mascre G, Youseff K, Harel I, Michaux C, De Geest N, et al. Epidermal progenitors give rise to Merkel cells during embryonic development and adult homeostasis. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:91-100 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that MCs arise from the epidermis by an Atoh1-dependent mechanism and opens new avenues for study of MC functions in sensory perception, neuroendocrine signaling, and MC carcinoma. ..
- Lin L, DePhilip R. Sex-dependent expression of placental (P)-cadherin during mouse gonadogenesis. Anat Rec. 1996;246:535-44 pubmed..The common temporal pattern of P-cadherin and Müllerian inhibiting substance expression in Sertoli cells is consistent with a shared regulatory mechanism. ..
- Nishioka N, Yamamoto S, Kiyonari H, Sato H, Sawada A, Ota M, et al. Tead4 is required for specification of trophectoderm in pre-implantation mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2008;125:270-83 pubmed
- Bandara M, Arun S, Allanson M, Widyarini S, Chai Z, Reeve V. Topical isoflavonoids reduce experimental cutaneous inflammation in mice. Immunol Cell Biol. 2010;88:727-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that this class of compounds has the potential for useful, innocuous anti-inflammatory therapy from topical application in human cutaneous diseases. ..
- Chang C, Pasolli H, Giannopoulou E, Guasch G, Gronostajski R, Elemento O, et al. NFIB is a governor of epithelial-melanocyte stem cell behaviour in a shared niche. Nature. 2013;495:98-102 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal how melanocyte and hair follicle stem cell behaviours maintain reliance upon cooperative factors within the niche, and how this can be uncoupled in injury, stress and disease states. ..
- Raviv S, Bharti K, Rencus Lazar S, Cohen Tayar Y, Schyr R, Evantal N, et al. PAX6 regulates melanogenesis in the retinal pigmented epithelium through feed-forward regulatory interactions with MITF. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004360 pubmed publisher..This study exemplifies how one kernel gene pivotal in organ formation accomplishes a lineage-specific role during terminal differentiation of a single lineage. ..
- Blanco S, Kurowski A, Nichols J, Watt F, Benitah S, Frye M. The RNA-methyltransferase Misu (NSun2) poises epidermal stem cells to differentiate. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002403 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that post-transcriptional RNA methylation can play a previously unappreciated role in controlling stem cell fate. ..
- Sennett R, Wang Z, Rezza A, Grisanti L, Roitershtein N, Sicchio C, et al. An Integrated Transcriptome Atlas of Embryonic Hair Follicle Progenitors, Their Niche, and the Developing Skin. Dev Cell. 2015;34:577-91 pubmed publisher..Finally, we share all data in an interactive, searchable companion website. Our study provides an overarching view of signaling within the entire embryonic skin and captures a molecular snapshot of HF progenitors and their niche. ..
- Moore R, Radice G, Dominis M, Kemler R. The generation and in vivo differentiation of murine embryonal stem cells genetically null for either N-cadherin or N- and P-cadherin. Int J Dev Biol. 1999;43:831-4 pubmed
- Thuault S, Hayashi S, Lagirand Cantaloube J, Plutoni C, Comunale F, Delattre O, et al. P-cadherin is a direct PAX3-FOXO1A target involved in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma aggressiveness. Oncogene. 2013;32:1876-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that P-cadherin is a direct PAX3-FOXO1A transcriptional target involved in ARMS aggressiveness. Therefore, P-cadherin emerges as a new and attractive target for therapeutic intervention in ARMS. ..
- Faraldo M, Rodrigo I, Behrens J, Birchmeier W, Cano A. Analysis of the E-cadherin and P-cadherin promoters in murine keratinocyte cell lines from different stages of mouse skin carcinogenesis. Mol Carcinog. 1997;20:33-47 pubmed..Our studies also support the hypothesis that loss or modification of some of the regulatory factors occurs during mouse skin tumor progression. ..
- Folgueras A, Guo X, Pasolli H, Stokes N, Polak L, Zheng D, et al. Architectural niche organization by LHX2 is linked to hair follicle stem cell function. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:314-27 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that niche organization underlies the requirement for LHX2 in hair follicle structure and function. ..
- Iwai Takekoshi L, Ramos A, Schaler A, Weinreb S, Blazeski R, Mason C. Retinal pigment epithelial integrity is compromised in the developing albino mouse retina. J Comp Neurol. 2016;524:3696-3716 pubmed publisher..Our findings should pave the way for further investigation of the role of RPE in regulating RGC development toward achieving proper RGC axon decussation. J. Comp. Neurol. 524:3696-3716, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Li Z, Nieuwenhuis E, Nien W, Zhang X, Zhang J, Puviindran V, et al. Kif7 regulates Gli2 through Sufu-dependent and -independent functions during skin development and tumorigenesis. Development. 2012;139:4152-61 pubmed publisher..These studies establish Sufu and Kif7 as crucial components in the regulation of Gli2 localization and activity, and illustrate their overlapping functions in skin development and tumor suppression. ..