Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdh2
Description: cadherin 2
Alias: CDHN, N-CAD, Ncad, cadherin-2, N-cadherin, neural cadherin
- Cain S, Martinez G, Kokkinos M, Turner K, Richardson R, Abud H, et al. Differential requirement for beta-catenin in epithelial and fiber cells during lens development. Dev Biol. 2008;321:420-33 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that beta-catenin plays distinct functions during lens fiber differentiation and is involved in both Wnt signaling and adhesion-related mechanisms that regulate lens epithelium and early fiber differentiation. ..
- Gavard J, Marthiens V, Monnet C, Lambert M, Mège R. N-cadherin activation substitutes for the cell contact control in cell cycle arrest and myogenic differentiation: involvement of p120 and beta-catenin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36795-802 pubmed..through controlled N-cadherin activation by plating isolated C2 myoblasts on surfaces coated with a chimeric Ncad-Fc homophilic ligand (N-cadherin ectodomain fused to the immunoglobulin G Fc fragment)...
- Reiss K, Maretzky T, Ludwig A, Tousseyn T, De Strooper B, Hartmann D, et al. ADAM10 cleavage of N-cadherin and regulation of cell-cell adhesion and beta-catenin nuclear signalling. EMBO J. 2005;24:742-52 pubmed
- Tran N, Adams D, Vaillancourt R, Heimark R. Signal transduction from N-cadherin increases Bcl-2. Regulation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway by homophilic adhesion and actin cytoskeletal organization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32905-14 pubmed..We propose that N-cadherin homophilic adhesion can initiate anti-apoptotic signaling, which enhances the Akt cell survival pathway in metastatic cancer. ..
- Kan N, Stemmler M, Junghans D, Kanzler B, de Vries W, Dominis M, et al. Gene replacement reveals a specific role for E-cadherin in the formation of a functional trophectoderm. Development. 2007;134:31-41 pubmed..Thus, N-cadherin can maintain epithelia in differentiating ES cells, but not during the formation of the trophectoderm. Our results point to a specific and unique function for E-cadherin during mouse preimplantation development. ..
- Herzog D, Loetscher P, van Hengel J, Knüsel S, Brakebusch C, Taylor V, et al. The small GTPase RhoA is required to maintain spinal cord neuroepithelium organization and the neural stem cell pool. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5120-30 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that RhoA signaling is necessary for AJ regulation and for the maintenance of mammalian neuroepithelium organization preventing precocious cell-cycle exit and differentiation. ..
- Justice M, Morse H, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Identification of Evi-3, a novel common site of retroviral integration in mouse AKXD B-cell lymphomas. J Virol. 1994;68:1293-300 pubmed..Transcripts from Evi-3 are expressed in a developmentally regulated manner in B cells. Taken together, these data suggest that Evi-3 represents a novel proto-oncogene involved in mouse B-cell lymphomas. ..
- Castro C, Shin C, Stains J, Cheng S, Sheikh S, Mbalaviele G, et al. Targeted expression of a dominant-negative N-cadherin in vivo delays peak bone mass and increases adipogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2853-64 pubmed..This results in decreased bone formation, delayed acquisition of peak bone mass and increased body fat. ..
- Jossin Y, Cooper J. Reelin, Rap1 and N-cadherin orient the migration of multipolar neurons in the developing neocortex. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:697-703 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Reelin, the Rap1 GTPase and N-cadherin (NCad) are important for multipolar neurons to polarize their migration toward the cortical plate...
- Koike C, Nishida A, Akimoto K, Nakaya M, Noda T, Ohno S, et al. Function of atypical protein kinase C lambda in differentiating photoreceptors is required for proper lamination of mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2005;25:10290-8 pubmed..Our data suggest that properly polarized photoreceptors anchor progenitors at the apical edge of the neural retina, which may be essential for building correct laminar organization of the retina. ..
- Paik J, Skoura A, Chae S, Cowan A, Han D, Proia R, et al. Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor regulation of N-cadherin mediates vascular stabilization. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2392-403 pubmed..S1P-induced trafficking and activation of N-cadherin provides a novel mechanism for the stabilization of nascent blood vessels by mural cells and may be exploited to control angiogenesis and vascular diseases. ..
- Charlton C, Mohler W, Radice G, Hynes R, Blau H. Fusion competence of myoblasts rendered genetically null for N-cadherin in culture. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:331-6 pubmed..These methods for obtaining genetically homozygous null somatic cells from adult tissues should have broad applications. Here, they demonstrate clearly that the putative fusion molecule, N-cadherin, is not essential for myoblast fusion. ..
- Li J, Patel V, Kostetskii I, Xiong Y, Chu A, Jacobson J, et al. Cardiac-specific loss of N-cadherin leads to alteration in connexins with conduction slowing and arrhythmogenesis. Circ Res. 2005;97:474-81 pubmed..Our data suggest that perturbation of the N-cadherin/catenin complex in heart disease may be an underlying cause, leading to the establishment of the arrythmogenic substrate by destabilizing gap junctions at the cell surface. ..
- Gärtner A, Fornasiero E, Munck S, Vennekens K, Seuntjens E, Huttner W, et al. N-cadherin specifies first asymmetry in developing neurons. EMBO J. 2012;31:1893-903 pubmed publisher..These results show that polarization of N-cadherin in the immediate post-mitotic stage is an early and crucial mechanism in neuronal polarity...
- Dwivedi A, Slater S, George S. MMP-9 and -12 cause N-cadherin shedding and thereby beta-catenin signalling and vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;81:178-86 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose that MMP-9 and -12 promote intimal thickening by independent cleavage of N-cadherin, which elevates VSMC proliferation via beta-catenin signalling. ..
- Thoumine O, Lambert M, Mège R, Choquet D. Regulation of N-cadherin dynamics at neuronal contacts by ligand binding and cytoskeletal coupling. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:862-75 pubmed..Finally, spontaneous neuronal contacts enriched in N-cadherin exhibited similar turnover rates, suggesting that such dynamics of N-cadherin may represent an intrinsic mechanism underlying the plasticity of neuronal adhesions. ..
- Phillips H, Rhee H, Murdoch J, Hildreth V, Peat J, Anderson R, et al. Disruption of planar cell polarity signaling results in congenital heart defects and cardiomyopathy attributable to early cardiomyocyte disorganization. Circ Res. 2007;101:137-45 pubmed..We propose that heterozygosity for mutations in different genes in the planar cell polarity pathway may be an important mechanism for congenital heart defects and cardiomyopathy in humans. ..
- Johansson J, Voss U, Kesavan G, Kostetskii I, Wierup N, Radice G, et al. N-cadherin is dispensable for pancreas development but required for beta-cell granule turnover. Genesis. 2010;48:374-81 pubmed publisher..The number of insulin secretory granules is significantly reduced in N-cadherin-deficient beta-cells, and as a consequence insulin secretion is decreased. ..
- Møller C, Christgau S, Williamson M, Madsen O, Niu Z, Bock E, et al. Differential expression of neural cell adhesion molecule and cadherins in pancreatic islets, glucagonomas, and insulinomas. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:1332-42 pubmed..In contrast, insulinoma cells are more islet-like in their phenotype and show less neuronal traits. ..
- Reneker L, Silversides D, Xu L, Overbeek P. Formation of corneal endothelium is essential for anterior segment development - a transgenic mouse model of anterior segment dysgenesis. Development. 2000;127:533-42 pubmed..Our data suggest that formation of a corneal endothelium during early ocular morphogenesis is required to prevent attachment of the lens and iris to the corneal stroma, therefore permitting the normal formation of the anterior segment. ..
- Redies C, Takeichi M. Expression of N-cadherin mRNA during development of the mouse brain. Dev Dyn. 1993;197:26-39 pubmed..Moreover, the results show that N-cadherin expression extends to phylogenetically newer structures, e.g., the mammalian neocortex. ..
- Dahl U, Sjødin A, Semb H. Cadherins regulate aggregation of pancreatic beta-cells in vivo. Development. 1996;122:2895-902 pubmed..Thus, we have for the first time shown in vivo that cadherins regulate adhesive properties of beta-cells which are essential for the aggregation of endocrine cells into islets. ..
- Vleminckx K, Kemler R. Cadherins and tissue formation: integrating adhesion and signaling. Bioessays. 1999;21:211-20 pubmed..We discuss how cadherins, through their effects on cell proliferation, cell death, cell polarization, and differentiation, play a role in the formation of tissues and organs in the developing embryo. ..
- Luo Y, Kostetskii I, Radice G. N-cadherin is not essential for limb mesenchymal chondrogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:336-44 pubmed..We postulate that another cell adhesion molecule, possibly cadherin-11, is responsible for chondrogenesis in the N-cadherin-deficient limb. ..
- Manuel M, Pratt T, Liu M, Jeffery G, Price D. Overexpression of Pax6 results in microphthalmia, retinal dysplasia and defective retinal ganglion cell axon guidance. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:59 pubmed publisher..Here, we examined the consequences of over-expression for the eye and its axonal connections...
- Teng J, Rai T, Tanaka Y, Takei Y, Nakata T, Hirasawa M, et al. The KIF3 motor transports N-cadherin and organizes the developing neuroepithelium. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:474-82 pubmed..Furthermore, in KAP3-deficient cells, the subcellular localization of N-cadherin was disrupted. Taken together, these results suggest a potential tumour-suppressing activity for this molecular motor. ..
- Tian H, Sanders E, Reynolds A, van Roy F, van Hengel J. Ocular anterior segment dysgenesis upon ablation of p120 catenin in neural crest cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:5139-53 pubmed publisher..Loss of p120ctn and the associated N-cadherin downregulation in NCC leads to ASD without affecting cell migration. p120ctn abnormalities might have a role in the pathophysiology of mammalian eye development. ..
- Kimura Y, Matsunami H, Inoue T, Shimamura K, Uchida N, Ueno T, et al. Cadherin-11 expressed in association with mesenchymal morphogenesis in the head, somite, and limb bud of early mouse embryos. Dev Biol. 1995;169:347-58 pubmed..These results suggest that cad-11 is involved in specific associations of subsets of mesenchymal cells and also of some neural cells during early embryogenesis. ..
- Radice G, Rayburn H, Matsunami H, Knudsen K, Takeichi M, Hynes R. Developmental defects in mouse embryos lacking N-cadherin. Dev Biol. 1997;181:64-78 pubmed..These results show that N-cadherin plays a critical role in early heart development as well as in other morphogenetic processes. ..
- Asami M, Pilz G, Ninkovic J, Godinho L, Schroeder T, Huttner W, et al. The role of Pax6 in regulating the orientation and mode of cell division of progenitors in the mouse cerebral cortex. Development. 2011;138:5067-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our work reveals several direct effects that the transcription factor Pax6 has on the machinery that mediates the orientation and mode of cell division. ..
- Luo Y, Radice G. Cadherin-mediated adhesion is essential for myofibril continuity across the plasma membrane but not for assembly of the contractile apparatus. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1471-9 pubmed..We conclude that a different adhesive system, most probably integrin, is responsible for myofibrillogenesis in the N-cadherin-null myocytes. ..
- Kostetskii I, Li J, Xiong Y, Zhou R, Ferrari V, Patel V, et al. Induced deletion of the N-cadherin gene in the heart leads to dissolution of the intercalated disc structure. Circ Res. 2005;96:346-54 pubmed..working myocardium, we generated a conditional knockout containing loxP sites flanking exon 1 of the N-cadherin (Cdh2) gene. Using a cardiac-specific tamoxifen-inducible Cre transgene, N-cadherin was deleted in the adult myocardium...
- Hay E, Laplantine E, Geoffroy V, Frain M, Kohler T, Muller R, et al. N-cadherin interacts with axin and LRP5 to negatively regulate Wnt/beta-catenin signaling, osteoblast function, and bone formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:953-64 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that a previously unrecognized N-cadherin-axin-LRP5 interaction negatively regulates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and is critical in the regulation of osteoblast function, bone formation, and bone mass. ..
- Hoffmann I, Balling R. Cloning and expression analysis of a novel mesodermally expressed cadherin. Dev Biol. 1995;169:337-46 pubmed
- Kiel M, Radice G, Morrison S. Lack of evidence that hematopoietic stem cells depend on N-cadherin-mediated adhesion to osteoblasts for their maintenance. Cell Stem Cell. 2007;1:204-17 pubmed publisher..These results question whether significant numbers of HSCs depend on N-cadherin-mediated adhesion to osteoblasts. ..
- Griffith A, Radice G, Burgess D, Kohrman D, Hansen G, Justice M, et al. Location of the 9257 and ataxia mutations on mouse chromosome 18. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:417-9 pubmed..Two polymorphic microsatellite markers for proximal Chr 18 are described, D18Umi1 and D18Umi2. The Lama3 locus encoding the alpha 3 subunit of nicein was mapped distal to ataxia and did not recombine with Tg9257. ..
- Luo Y, Ferreira Cornwell M, Baldwin H, Kostetskii I, Lenox J, Lieberman M, et al. Rescuing the N-cadherin knockout by cardiac-specific expression of N- or E-cadherin. Development. 2001;128:459-69 pubmed
- Harrison O, Bahna F, Katsamba P, Jin X, Brasch J, Vendome J, et al. Two-step adhesive binding by classical cadherins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:348-57 pubmed publisher..These results reconcile apparently disparate results from prior structural studies and suggest that X dimers are binding intermediates that facilitate the formation of strand-swapped dimers. ..
- Gustafson Wagner E, Sinn H, Chen Y, Wang D, Reiter R, Lin J, et al. Loss of mXinalpha, an intercalated disk protein, results in cardiac hypertrophy and cardiomyopathy with conduction defects. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2680-92 pubmed..The mXinalpha-knockout mouse line provides a novel model of cardiac hypertrophy and cardiomyopathy with conduction defects. ..
- Hartland S, Murphy F, Aucott R, Abergel A, Zhou X, Waung J, et al. Active matrix metalloproteinase-2 promotes apoptosis of hepatic stellate cells via the cleavage of cellular N-cadherin. Liver Int. 2009;29:966-78 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies identify a role for both N-cadherin and MMP-2 in mediating HSC apoptosis, where N-cadherin works to provide a cell survival stimulus and MMP-2 promotes HSC apoptosis concomitant with N-cadherin degradation. ..
- Lai C, Cheng S, Mbalaviele G, Donsante C, Watkins M, Radice G, et al. Accentuated ovariectomy-induced bone loss and altered osteogenesis in heterozygous N-cadherin null mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21:1897-906 pubmedOvariectomy-induced bone loss is accentuated in mice with germline Cdh2 haploinsufficiency, the result of a decreased osteoblastogenesis in the face of normal osteoclast number...
- Luo Y, High F, Epstein J, Radice G. N-cadherin is required for neural crest remodeling of the cardiac outflow tract. Dev Biol. 2006;299:517-28 pubmed
- Saika S, Liu C, Azhar M, Sanford L, Doetschman T, Gendron R, et al. TGFbeta2 in corneal morphogenesis during mouse embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2001;240:419-32 pubmed..Delayed appearance of macrophages in ocular tissues was observed in Tgfb2(-/-) mice. Malfunctioning macrophages may account for accumulation of cell mass in vitreous of Tgfb2 null mice. ..
- Kadowaki M, Nakamura S, Machon O, Krauss S, Radice G, Takeichi M. N-cadherin mediates cortical organization in the mouse brain. Dev Biol. 2007;304:22-33 pubmed..These results demonstrate that N-cadherin is essential for maintaining the normal architecture of neuroepithelial or radial glial cells and that their disruption randomizes the internal structures of the cortex. ..
- Bamji S, Shimazu K, Kimes N, Huelsken J, Birchmeier W, Lu B, et al. Role of beta-catenin in synaptic vesicle localization and presynaptic assembly. Neuron. 2003;40:719-31 pubmed..This study defines a specific role for cadherins and catenins in synapse organization beyond their roles in mediating cell adhesion. ..
- Gil Sanz C, Franco S, Martinez Garay I, Espinosa A, Harkins Perry S, Muller U. Cajal-Retzius cells instruct neuronal migration by coincidence signaling between secreted and contact-dependent guidance cues. Neuron. 2013;79:461-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, reelin signaling to Rap1 promotes neuronal Cdh2 function via nectin3 and afadin, thus directing the broadly expressed homophilic cell adhesion molecule Cdh2 toward ..
- Hermiston M, Gordon J. In vivo analysis of cadherin function in the mouse intestinal epithelium: essential roles in adhesion, maintenance of differentiation, and regulation of programmed cell death. J Cell Biol. 1995;129:489-506 pubmed..129/Sv embryonic stem (ES) cells, stably transfected with a dominant negative N-cadherin mutant (NCAD delta) under the control of a promoter that only functions in postmitotic enterocytes during their rapid, orderly, ..
- Uchida N, Honjo Y, Johnson K, Wheelock M, Takeichi M. The catenin/cadherin adhesion system is localized in synaptic junctions bordering transmitter release zones. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:767-79 pubmed..The catenins localized in these junctions are likely associated with certain cadherin molecules including N-cadherin, and the cadherin/ catenin complex may play a critical role in the formation or maintenance of synaptic junctions. ..
- Luo Y, Radice G. N-cadherin acts upstream of VE-cadherin in controlling vascular morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:29-34 pubmed..These findings provide a novel paradigm by which N-cadherin regulates angiogenesis, in part, by controlling VE-cadherin expression at the cell membrane. ..
- Maeda M, Johnson K, Wheelock M. Cadherin switching: essential for behavioral but not morphological changes during an epithelium-to-mesenchyme transition. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:873-87 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that cadherin switching is necessary for increased motility but is not required for the morphological changes that accompany EMT. ..
- Gavard J, Lambert M, Grosheva I, Marthiens V, Irinopoulou T, Riou J, et al. Lamellipodium extension and cadherin adhesion: two cell responses to cadherin activation relying on distinct signalling pathways. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:257-70 pubmed..These results provide additional information on the mechanisms by which cadherin coordinates adhesion with dynamic changes in the cytoskeleton to control cell shape and intercellular junction organization. ..
- Horikawa K, Radice G, Takeichi M, Chisaka O. Adhesive subdivisions intrinsic to the epithelial somites. Dev Biol. 1999;215:182-9 pubmed
- Shintani Y, Wheelock M, Johnson K. Phosphoinositide-3 kinase-Rac1-c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase signaling mediates collagen I-induced cell scattering and up-regulation of N-cadherin expression in mouse mammary epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2963-75 pubmed..In addition, we showed that cord formation and branching in three-dimensional culture (EMT-dependent events) required N-cadherin expression and PI3K-Rac1-JNK signaling. ..
- Carmeliet P, Lampugnani M, Moons L, Breviario F, Compernolle V, Bono F, et al. Targeted deficiency or cytosolic truncation of the VE-cadherin gene in mice impairs VEGF-mediated endothelial survival and angiogenesis. Cell. 1999;98:147-57 pubmed..Thus, VE-cadherin/ beta-catenin signaling controls endothelial survival. ..
- van Raamsdonk C, Tilghman S. Dosage requirement and allelic expression of PAX6 during lens placode formation. Development. 2000;127:5439-48 pubmed..We propose instead that a critical threshold of PAX6 protein is required for lens placode formation and that the time in development at which this level is reached is delayed in heterozygotes. ..
- Marambaud P, Wen P, Dutt A, Shioi J, Takashima A, Siman R, et al. A CBP binding transcriptional repressor produced by the PS1/epsilon-cleavage of N-cadherin is inhibited by PS1 FAD mutations. Cell. 2003;114:635-45 pubmed..These data raise the possibility that FAD mutation-induced transcriptional abnormalities maybe causally related to the dementia associated with FAD. ..
- Imai F, Hirai S, Akimoto K, Koyama H, Miyata T, Ogawa M, et al. Inactivation of aPKClambda results in the loss of adherens junctions in neuroepithelial cells without affecting neurogenesis in mouse neocortex. Development. 2006;133:1735-44 pubmed..Therefore, we concluded that, at least in the later stages of neurogenesis, regulation of cell cycle exit is independent of adherens junctions. ..
- Stan A, Pielarski K, Brigadski T, Wittenmayer N, Fedorchenko O, Gohla A, et al. Essential cooperation of N-cadherin and neuroligin-1 in the transsynaptic control of vesicle accumulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11116-21 pubmed publisher..This cooperation of two cell adhesion systems provides a mechanism for coupling bidirectional synapse maturation mediated by neuroligin-1 to cell type recognition processes mediated by classical cadherins. ..
- Cheng L, Yung A, Covarrubias M, Radice G. Cortactin is required for N-cadherin regulation of Kv1.5 channel function. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:20478-89 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that in addition to gap junction remodeling, aberrant Kv1.5 channel function contributes to the arrhythmogenic phenotype in N-cad CKO mice. ..
- Pontoriero G, Smith A, Miller L, Radice G, West Mays J, Lang R. Co-operative roles for E-cadherin and N-cadherin during lens vesicle separation and lens epithelial cell survival. Dev Biol. 2009;326:403-17 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the co-operative expression of both E- and N-cadherin during lens development is essential for normal cell sorting and subsequent lens vesicle separation...
- Lien W, Klezovitch O, Fernandez T, Delrow J, Vasioukhin V. alphaE-catenin controls cerebral cortical size by regulating the hedgehog signaling pathway. Science. 2006;311:1609-12 pubmed..We propose that alphaE-catenin connects cell-density-dependent adherens junctions with the developmental hedgehog pathway and that this connection may provide a negative feedback loop controlling the size of developing cerebral cortex. ..
- Rousso D, Pearson C, Gaber Z, Miquelajauregui A, Li S, Portera Cailliau C, et al. Foxp-mediated suppression of N-cadherin regulates neuroepithelial character and progenitor maintenance in the CNS. Neuron. 2012;74:314-30 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal a Foxp-based transcriptional mechanism that regulates the integrity and cytoarchitecture of neuroepithelial progenitors. ..
- Zhou W, Lin L, Majumdar A, Li X, Zhang X, Liu W, et al. Modulation of morphogenesis by noncanonical Wnt signaling requires ATF/CREB family-mediated transcriptional activation of TGFbeta2. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1225-34 pubmed..Thus, we propose that transcriptional readout mediated at least in part by a Wnt11 --> ATF/CREB --> TGFbeta2 pathway is critical in regulating morphogenesis in response to noncanonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Miyatani S, Shimamura K, Hatta M, Nagafuchi A, Nose A, Matsunaga M, et al. Neural cadherin: role in selective cell-cell adhesion. Science. 1989;245:631-5 pubmedCadherins are a family of Ca2+-dependent intercellular adhesion molecules. Complementary DNAs encoding mouse neural cadherin (N-cadherin) were cloned, and the cell binding specificity of this molecule was examined...
- Rhee J, Mahfooz N, Arregui C, Lilien J, Balsamo J, VanBerkum M. Activation of the repulsive receptor Roundabout inhibits N-cadherin-mediated cell adhesion. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:798-805 pubmed..Local formation of such a receptor complex is an ideal mechanism to steer the growth cone while still allowing adhesion and growth in other directions. ..
- Rhee J, Lilien J, Balsamo J. Essential tyrosine residues for interaction of the non-receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase PTP1B with N-cadherin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6640-4 pubmed..Furthermore, among cells overexpressing the Y152F mutant endogenous PTP1B associates with N-cadherin and is tyrosine-phosphorylated. ..
- Hosokawa K, Arai F, Yoshihara H, Iwasaki H, Nakamura Y, Gomei Y, et al. Knockdown of N-cadherin suppresses the long-term engraftment of hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2010;116:554-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that N-cad-mediated cell adhesion is functionally required for the establishment of hematopoiesis in the BM niche after BM transplantation. ..
- Matsunami H, Takeichi M. Fetal brain subdivisions defined by R- and E-cadherin expressions: evidence for the role of cadherin activity in region-specific, cell-cell adhesion. Dev Biol. 1995;172:466-78 pubmed..These results suggest that cadherins confer region-specific adhesiveness on fetal brain cells and that this process may take part in brain segmentation. ..