Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdh1
Description: cadherin 1
Alias: AA960649, ARC-1, E-cad, Ecad, L-CAM, UVO, cadherin-1, E-cadherin, epithelial cadherin, uvomorulin
- Yates L, Schnatwinkel C, Hazelwood L, Chessum L, Paudyal A, Hilton H, et al. Scribble is required for normal epithelial cell-cell contacts and lumen morphogenesis in the mammalian lung. Dev Biol. 2013;373:267-80 pubmed publisher..Thus we reveal novel and important roles for Scrib in lung development operating via the PCP pathway, and in regulating junctional complexes and cell cohesion. ..
- Le T, Conley K, Mead T, Rowan S, Yutzey K, Brown N. Requirements for Jag1-Rbpj mediated Notch signaling during early mouse lens development. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:493-504 pubmed publisher..In addition, AP2?-Cre-mediated deletion of Rbpj resulted in embryos with cardiac outflow tract and liver deformities, and perinatal lethality. ..
- Tao H, Inoue K, Kiyonari H, Bassuk A, Axelrod J, Sasaki H, et al. Nuclear localization of Prickle2 is required to establish cell polarity during early mouse embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;364:138-48 pubmed publisher..The cell polarity phenotype was efficiently rescued by nuclear but not cytoplasmic Pk2, demonstrating the nuclear localization of Pk2 is critical for its function. ..
- Willecke R, Heuberger J, Grossmann K, Michos O, Schmidt Ott K, Walentin K, et al. The tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 acts downstream of GDNF/Ret in branching morphogenesis of the developing mouse kidney. Dev Biol. 2011;360:310-7 pubmed publisher..Apparently, Shp2 mediates not only GDNF/Ret but also signaling by other receptor tyrosine kinases in branching morphogenesis of the embryonic kidney. ..
- Horn S, Kobberup S, Jørgensen M, Kalisz M, Klein T, Kageyama R, et al. Mind bomb 1 is required for pancreatic ?-cell formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7356-61 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal iterative use of Notch in pancreatic development to ensure correct P-D patterning and adequate ?-cell formation. ..
- Mahaffey J, Grego Bessa J, Liem K, Anderson K. Cofilin and Vangl2 cooperate in the initiation of planar cell polarity in the mouse embryo. Development. 2013;140:1262-71 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vangl2 and cofilin cooperate to target Rab11(+) vesicles containing PCP proteins to the apical membrane during the initiation of planar cell polarity. ..
- Ahmad N, Aslam M, Muenster D, Horsch M, Khan M, Carlsson P, et al. Pitx3 directly regulates Foxe3 during early lens development. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:741-51 pubmed publisher..These findings enhance our understanding of the molecular cascades which subserve lens development. ..
- Do D, Ueda J, Messerschmidt D, Lorthongpanich C, Zhou Y, Feng B, et al. A genetic and developmental pathway from STAT3 to the OCT4-NANOG circuit is essential for maintenance of ICM lineages in vivo. Genes Dev. 2013;27:1378-90 pubmed publisher..These results provide a novel genetic model of cell fate determination operating through STAT3 in the preimplantation embryo and pluripotent stem cells in vivo. ..
- Simons B, Hurley P, Huang Z, Ross A, Miller R, Marchionni L, et al. Wnt signaling though beta-catenin is required for prostate lineage specification. Dev Biol. 2012;371:246-55 pubmed publisher..Deletion of beta-catenin in the adult prostate did not significantly affect organ homeostasis. Collectively, these data establish that beta-catenin and Wnt signaling play key roles in prostate lineage specification and bud outgrowth. ..
- Pearson H, Perez Mancera P, Dow L, Ryan A, Tennstedt P, Bogani D, et al. SCRIB expression is deregulated in human prostate cancer, and its deficiency in mice promotes prostate neoplasia. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:4257-67 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the polarity network could provide a new avenue for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Volckaert T, Campbell A, Dill E, Li C, Minoo P, De Langhe S. Localized Fgf10 expression is not required for lung branching morphogenesis but prevents differentiation of epithelial progenitors. Development. 2013;140:3731-42 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, our data presented here show that once epithelial cells are committed to the Sox2-positive airway epithelial cell fate, Fgf10 prevents ciliated cell differentiation and promotes basal cell differentiation. ..
- Desai T, Brownfield D, Krasnow M. Alveolar progenitor and stem cells in lung development, renewal and cancer. Nature. 2014;507:190-4 pubmed publisher..We propose that local signals regulate AT2 stem-cell activity: a signal transduced by EGFR-KRAS controls self-renewal and is hijacked during oncogenesis, whereas another signal controls reprogramming to AT1 fate. ..
- Walker K, Sims Lucas S, Di Giovanni V, Schaefer C, Sunseri W, Novitskaya T, et al. Deletion of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 from the peri-wolffian duct stroma leads to ureteric induction abnormalities and vesicoureteral reflux. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56062 pubmed publisher..E10.5 Fgfr2(ST-/-) mice had decreases in Bmp4 mRNA in stromal tissues, suggesting a mechanism underlying the ureteric induction and VUR phenotypes. Mutations in FGFR2 could possibly cause VUR in humans. ..
- Hahn N, Dietz C, Kühl S, Vossmerbaeumer U, Kroll J. KLEIP deficiency in mice causes progressive corneal neovascular dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:3260-8 pubmed publisher..The data identify KLEIP as an important molecule regulating corneal epithelial integrity. ..
- Tao G, Levay A, Gridley T, Lincoln J. Mmp15 is a direct target of Snai1 during endothelial to mesenchymal transformation and endocardial cushion development. Dev Biol. 2011;359:209-21 pubmed publisher..Together, findings from this study reveal previously unappreciated mechanisms of Snai1 for the direct regulation of MMPs during EC development. ..
- Ferretti E, Li B, Zewdu R, Wells V, Hebert J, Karner C, et al. A conserved Pbx-Wnt-p63-Irf6 regulatory module controls face morphogenesis by promoting epithelial apoptosis. Dev Cell. 2011;21:627-41 pubmed publisher..Dysregulation of this network leads to localized suppression of midfacial apoptosis and CL/P. Ectopic Wnt ectodermal expression in Pbx mutants rescues the clefting, opening avenues for tissue repair. ..
- Cao H, Jheon A, Li X, Sun Z, Wang J, Florez S, et al. The Pitx2:miR-200c/141:noggin pathway regulates Bmp signaling and ameloblast differentiation. Development. 2013;140:3348-59 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo and in vitro studies reveal a multistep transcriptional program involving the Pitx2:miR-200c/141:noggin regulatory pathway that is important in epithelial cell differentiation and tooth development. ..
- Hardy M, Vielkind U. Changing patterns of cell adhesion molecules during mouse pelage hair follicle development. 1. Follicle morphogenesis in wild-type mice. Acta Anat (Basel). 1996;157:169-82 pubmed..The results suggest that the main role of cell adhesion molecules is to mould the follicle by relaxing or reinforcing cell contacts in areas of increased morphogenetic activity. ..
- Villasenor A, Chong D, Henkemeyer M, Cleaver O. Epithelial dynamics of pancreatic branching morphogenesis. Development. 2010;137:4295-305 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results illustrate distinct, step-wise cellular mechanisms by which pancreatic epithelium shapes itself to create a functional branching organ. ..
- Ikeda W, Nakanishi H, Miyoshi J, Mandai K, Ishizaki H, Tanaka M, et al. Afadin: A key molecule essential for structural organization of cell-cell junctions of polarized epithelia during embryogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:1117-32 pubmed
- Vleminckx K, Kemler R. Cadherins and tissue formation: integrating adhesion and signaling. Bioessays. 1999;21:211-20 pubmed..We discuss how cadherins, through their effects on cell proliferation, cell death, cell polarization, and differentiation, play a role in the formation of tissues and organs in the developing embryo. ..
- Wandzioch E, Kolterud A, Jacobsson M, Friedman S, Carlsson L. Lhx2-/- mice develop liver fibrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:16549-54 pubmed..This study establishes a spontaneous and reproducible animal model for hepatic fibrosis and reveals that Lhx2 expression in HSCs is important for proper cellular organization and differentiation of the liver. ..
- Patel V, Knox S, Likar K, Lathrop C, Hossain R, Eftekhari S, et al. Heparanase cleavage of perlecan heparan sulfate modulates FGF10 activity during ex vivo submandibular gland branching morphogenesis. Development. 2007;134:4177-86 pubmed..In summary, our results show heparanase releases FGF10 from perlecan HS in the basement membrane, increasing MAPK signaling, epithelial clefting, and lateral branch formation, which results in increased branching morphogenesis. ..
- Stemmler M, Bedzhov I. A Cdh1HA knock-in allele rescues the Cdh1-/- phenotype but shows essential Cdh1 function during placentation. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2330-44 pubmed publisher..to study cadherin function during early mammalian development, we generated mice carrying an HA-epitope tagged Cdh1 (E-cadherin) cDNA knocked into the Cdh1 locus, similar to the previously described mouse mutants in which we forced ..
- Naoe H, Araki K, Nagano O, Kobayashi Y, Ishizawa J, Chiyoda T, et al. The anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome activator Cdh1 modulates Rho GTPase by targeting p190 RhoGAP for degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3994-4005 pubmed publisherb>Cdh1 is an activator of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome and contributes to mitotic exit and G(1) maintenance by targeting cell cycle proteins for degradation...
- Nagafuchi A, Ishihara S, Tsukita S. The roles of catenins in the cadherin-mediated cell adhesion: functional analysis of E-cadherin-alpha catenin fusion molecules. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:235-45 pubmed..The possible functions of beta catenin are discussed with a special reference to its role as a negative regulator for the cadherin-mediated cell adhesion system. ..
- Hosking C, Ulloa F, Hogan C, Ferber E, Figueroa A, Gevaert K, et al. The transcriptional repressor Glis2 is a novel binding partner for p120 catenin. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1918-27 pubmed..These data indicate that p120 has additional novel functions in the nucleus together with Glis2. ..
- Drees F, Pokutta S, Yamada S, Nelson W, Weis W. Alpha-catenin is a molecular switch that binds E-cadherin-beta-catenin and regulates actin-filament assembly. Cell. 2005;123:903-15 pubmed..These results indicate a new role for alpha-catenin in local regulation of actin assembly and organization at sites of cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Esni F, Ghosh B, Biankin A, Lin J, Albert M, Yu X, et al. Notch inhibits Ptf1 function and acinar cell differentiation in developing mouse and zebrafish pancreas. Development. 2004;131:4213-24 pubmed..These results define a normal inhibitory role for Notch in the regulation of exocrine pancreatic differentiation. ..
- Nose A, Takeichi M. A novel cadherin cell adhesion molecule: its expression patterns associated with implantation and organogenesis of mouse embryos. J Cell Biol. 1986;103:2649-58 pubmed..These results suggested that differential expression of multiple classes of cadherins play a role in implantation and morphogenesis of embryos by providing cells with heterogenous adhesive specificity. ..
- Radice G, Rayburn H, Matsunami H, Knudsen K, Takeichi M, Hynes R. Developmental defects in mouse embryos lacking N-cadherin. Dev Biol. 1997;181:64-78 pubmed..These results show that N-cadherin plays a critical role in early heart development as well as in other morphogenetic processes. ..
- Rovira M, Scott S, Liss A, Jensen J, Thayer S, Leach S. Isolation and characterization of centroacinar/terminal ductal progenitor cells in adult mouse pancreas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:75-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CA/TD cells are indeed capable of progenitor function and may contribute to the maintenance of tissue homeostasis in adult mouse pancreas. ..
- Maretzky T, Reiss K, Ludwig A, Buchholz J, Scholz F, Proksch E, et al. ADAM10 mediates E-cadherin shedding and regulates epithelial cell-cell adhesion, migration, and beta-catenin translocation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9182-7 pubmed..Our data strongly suggest that this protease constitutes a major regulatory element for the multiple functions of E-cadherin under physiological as well as pathological conditions. ..
- Hieda Y, Iwai K, Morita T, Nakanishi Y. Mouse embryonic submandibular gland epithelium loses its tissue integrity during early branching morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 1996;207:395-403 pubmed
- Holtz M, Misra R. Endothelial-specific ablation of serum response factor causes hemorrhaging, yolk sac vascular failure, and embryonic lethality. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:65 pubmed publisher..Resulting embryos were harvested at specific ages for observation of physical condition and analysis of genotype...
- Maestro M, Boj S, Luco R, Pierreux C, Cabedo J, Servitja J, et al. Hnf6 and Tcf2 (MODY5) are linked in a gene network operating in a precursor cell domain of the embryonic pancreas. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:3307-14 pubmed..These findings define a precursor cellular stage of the embryonic pancreas and place Hnf1beta in a genetic hierarchy that regulates the generation of pancreatic endocrine cells. ..
- Weston J, Yoshida H, Robinson V, Nishikawa S, Fraser S, Nishikawa S. Neural crest and the origin of ectomesenchyme: neural fold heterogeneity suggests an alternative hypothesis. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:118-30 pubmed..Developmental Dynamics 229:118-130, 2004. ..
- Blixt A, Mahlapuu M, Aitola M, Pelto Huikko M, Enerback S, Carlsson P. A forkhead gene, FoxE3, is essential for lens epithelial proliferation and closure of the lens vesicle. Genes Dev. 2000;14:245-54 pubmed..This implies that FoxE3 is essential for closure of the lens vesicle and is a factor that promotes survival and proliferation, while preventing differentiation, in the lens epithelium. ..
- Yamanaka Y, Tamplin O, Beckers A, Gossler A, Rossant J. Live imaging and genetic analysis of mouse notochord formation reveals regional morphogenetic mechanisms. Dev Cell. 2007;13:884-96 pubmed..Therefore, we propose three distinct regions within the mouse notochord, each with unique morphogenetic origins...
- Young P, Boussadia O, Halfter H, Grose R, Berger P, Leone D, et al. E-cadherin controls adherens junctions in the epidermis and the renewal of hair follicles. EMBO J. 2003;22:5723-33 pubmed..We conclude that E-cadherin is required for maintaining the adhesive properties of adherens junctions in keratinocytes and proper skin differentiation. Furthermore, continuous hair follicle cycling is dependent on E-cadherin. ..
- Butz S, Kemler R. Distinct cadherin-catenin complexes in Ca(2+)-dependent cell-cell adhesion. FEBS Lett. 1994;355:195-200 pubmed..A similar distinct association with catenins is also found for other cadherins. Comparison of different cell lines revealed that the relative amounts of the two complexes vary depending on cell types. ..
- Katsuno T, Umeda K, Matsui T, Hata M, Tamura A, Itoh M, et al. Deficiency of zonula occludens-1 causes embryonic lethal phenotype associated with defected yolk sac angiogenesis and apoptosis of embryonic cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2465-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ZO-1 may be functionally important for cell remodeling and tissue organization in both the embryonic and extraembryonic regions, thus playing an essential role in embryonic development...
- Onder T, Gupta P, Mani S, Yang J, Lander E, Weinberg R. Loss of E-cadherin promotes metastasis via multiple downstream transcriptional pathways. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3645-54 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that E-cadherin loss in tumors contributes to metastatic dissemination by inducing wide-ranging transcriptional and functional changes. ..
- Kizhatil K, Davis J, Davis L, Hoffman J, Hogan B, Bennett V. Ankyrin-G is a molecular partner of E-cadherin in epithelial cells and early embryos. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26552-61 pubmed..Biol. Chem. 282, 2029-2037 ). Together with the current findings, these data suggest a ankyrin/spectrin-based mechanism for coordinating membrane assembly with extracellular interactions of E-cadherin at sites of cell-cell contact. ..
- Chassot A, Ranc F, Gregoire E, Roepers Gajadien H, Taketo M, Camerino G, et al. Activation of beta-catenin signaling by Rspo1 controls differentiation of the mammalian ovary. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:1264-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, a balance between Sox9 and beta-catenin activation determines the fate of the gonad, with Rspo1 acting as a crucial regulator of canonical beta-catenin signaling required for female development. ..
- Rawlins E, Clark C, Xue Y, Hogan B. The Id2+ distal tip lung epithelium contains individual multipotent embryonic progenitor cells. Development. 2009;136:3741-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this evidence supports a model in which the distal tip of the developing lung contains a multipotent epithelial population, the fate of which changes during development. ..
- Wigle J, Chowdhury K, Gruss P, Oliver G. Prox1 function is crucial for mouse lens-fibre elongation. Nat Genet. 1999;21:318-22 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that the progression of terminal fibre differentiation and elongation is dependent on Prox1 activity during lens development. ..
- de Vries W, Evsikov A, Haac B, Fancher K, Holbrook A, Kemler R, et al. Maternal beta-catenin and E-cadherin in mouse development. Development. 2004;131:4435-45 pubmed..This developmental deficit is alleviated by the simultaneous absence of maternal E-cadherin, suggesting that E-cadherin regulates nuclear beta-catenin availability during embryonic genome activation. ..
- Hülsken J, Birchmeier W, Behrens J. E-cadherin and APC compete for the interaction with beta-catenin and the cytoskeleton. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:2061-9 pubmed
- Hoffmann I, Balling R. Cloning and expression analysis of a novel mesodermally expressed cadherin. Dev Biol. 1995;169:337-46 pubmed
- Schmidt S, Hommel A, Gawlik V, Augustin R, Junicke N, Florian S, et al. Essential role of glucose transporter GLUT3 for post-implantation embryonic development. J Endocrinol. 2009;200:23-33 pubmed publisher..5. GLUT3 was detected in placental cone, in the visceral ectoderm and in the mesoderm of 7.5-day-old wild-type embryos. Our data indicate that GLUT3 is essential for the development of early post-implanted embryos. ..
- Yamada S, Pokutta S, Drees F, Weis W, Nelson W. Deconstructing the cadherin-catenin-actin complex. Cell. 2005;123:889-901 pubmed..These results suggest that the linkage between the cadherin-catenin complex and actin filaments is more dynamic than previously appreciated. ..
- Zhao H, Yang T, Madakashira B, Thiels C, Bechtle C, Garcia C, et al. Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling is essential for lens fiber cell differentiation. Dev Biol. 2008;318:276-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, while signaling by FGF receptors is essential for lens fiber differentiation, different FGF receptors function redundantly. ..
- Whitlon D. E-cadherin in the mature and developing organ of Corti of the mouse. J Neurocytol. 1993;22:1030-8 pubmed
- Rhee H, Polak L, Fuchs E. Lhx2 maintains stem cell character in hair follicles. Science. 2006;312:1946-9 pubmed..Using gain- and loss-of-function studies, we uncovered a role for Lhx2 in maintaining the growth and undifferentiated properties of hair follicle progenitors. ..
- Luo Y, Ferreira Cornwell M, Baldwin H, Kostetskii I, Lenox J, Lieberman M, et al. Rescuing the N-cadherin knockout by cardiac-specific expression of N- or E-cadherin. Development. 2001;128:459-69 pubmed
- Proetzel G, Pawlowski S, Wiles M, Yin M, Boivin G, Howles P, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta 3 is required for secondary palate fusion. Nat Genet. 1995;11:409-14 pubmed..No craniofacial abnormalities were observed. This result demonstrates that TGF-beta 3 affects palatal shelf fusion by an intrinsic, primary mechanism rather than by effects secondary to craniofacial defects. ..
- Esni F, Johansson B, Radice G, Semb H. Dorsal pancreas agenesis in N-cadherin- deficient mice. Dev Biol. 2001;238:202-12 pubmed..Further analysis demonstrated that the mechanism for the lack of a dorsal pancreas involves an essential function of N-cadherin as a survival factor in the dorsal pancreatic mesenchyme. ..
- Casey L, Lan Y, Cho E, Maltby K, Gridley T, Jiang R. Jag2-Notch1 signaling regulates oral epithelial differentiation and palate development. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1830-44 pubmed
- Sosa Pineda B, Wigle J, Oliver G. Hepatocyte migration during liver development requires Prox1. Nat Genet. 2000;25:254-5 pubmed..Here we report that Prox1 is required for hepatocyte migration. Loss of Prox1 leads to formation of a smaller liver with a reduced population of clustered hepatocytes surrounded by a laminin-rich basal membrane. ..
- Spencer H, Eastham A, Merry C, Southgate T, Perez Campo F, Soncin F, et al. E-cadherin inhibits cell surface localization of the pro-migratory 5T4 oncofetal antigen in mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2838-51 pubmed..We conclude that E-cadherin protein stabilizes cortical actin cytoskeletal arrangement in ES cells, and this can prevent cell surface localization of the promigratory 5T4 antigen. ..
- Shimoyama Y, Yoshida T, Terada M, Shimosato Y, Abe O, Hirohashi S. Molecular cloning of a human Ca2+-dependent cell-cell adhesion molecule homologous to mouse placental cadherin: its low expression in human placental tissues. J Cell Biol. 1989;109:1787-94 pubmed..The results obtained in this study support the idea that P-cadherin plays little role, if any, in Ca2+-dependent cell-cell binding in human placental tissue at least after several weeks of pregnancy. ..
- Hyenne V, Louvet Vallee S, El Amraoui A, Petit C, Maro B, Simmler M. Vezatin, a protein associated to adherens junctions, is required for mouse blastocyst morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;287:180-91 pubmed..Altogether, these observations demonstrate that vezatin is required for morphogenesis of the preimplantation mouse embryo. ..
- Boussadia O, Kutsch S, Hierholzer A, Delmas V, Kemler R. E-cadherin is a survival factor for the lactating mouse mammary gland. Mech Dev. 2002;115:53-62 pubmed..Mice with homozygous loxP sites in both alleles of the E-cadherin (Cdh1) gene were generated and these mice were crossed with transgenic mice with the Cre recombinase under the control of ..
- Zheng G, Lyons J, Tan T, Wang Y, Hsu T, Min D, et al. Disruption of E-cadherin by matrix metalloproteinase directly mediates epithelial-mesenchymal transition downstream of transforming growth factor-beta1 in renal tubular epithelial cells. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:580-91 pubmed publisher..Specific inhibition rather than activation of matrix metalloproteinases may offer a novel approach for treatment of fibrotic disease. ..
- Jitpukdeebodintra S, Chai Y, Snead M. Developmental patterning of the circumvallate papilla. Int J Dev Biol. 2002;46:755-63 pubmed
- Ciruna B, Rossant J. FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streak. Dev Cell. 2001;1:37-49 pubmed..We propose that modulation of cytoplasmic beta-catenin levels, associated with FGF-induced downregulation of E-cadherin, provides a molecular link between FGF and Wnt signaling pathways at the streak. ..
- Matsunami H, Takeichi M. Fetal brain subdivisions defined by R- and E-cadherin expressions: evidence for the role of cadherin activity in region-specific, cell-cell adhesion. Dev Biol. 1995;172:466-78 pubmed..These results suggest that cadherins confer region-specific adhesiveness on fetal brain cells and that this process may take part in brain segmentation. ..
- Strumpf D, Mao C, Yamanaka Y, Ralston A, Chawengsaksophak K, Beck F, et al. Cdx2 is required for correct cell fate specification and differentiation of trophectoderm in the mouse blastocyst. Development. 2005;132:2093-102 pubmed..Thus, Cdx2 is essential for segregation of the ICM and TE lineages at the blastocyst stage by ensuring repression of Oct4 and Nanog in the TE. ..
- Smits R, Ruiz P, Diaz Cano S, Luz A, Jagmohan Changur S, Breukel C, et al. E-cadherin and adenomatous polyposis coli mutations are synergistic in intestinal tumor initiation in mice. Gastroenterology. 2000;119:1045-53 pubmed..Introduction of the E-cadherin mutation in Apc1638N animals enhances Apc-driven tumor initiation without clearly affecting tumor progression. ..
- Huber A, Stewart D, Laurents D, Nelson W, Weis W. The cadherin cytoplasmic domain is unstructured in the absence of beta-catenin. A possible mechanism for regulating cadherin turnover. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12301-9 pubmed
- Murtaugh L, Law A, Dor Y, Melton D. Beta-catenin is essential for pancreatic acinar but not islet development. Development. 2005;132:4663-74 pubmed..Thus, our data are consistent with a crucial role for canonical Wnt signals in acinar lineage specification and differentiation. ..
- Pontoriero G, Smith A, Miller L, Radice G, West Mays J, Lang R. Co-operative roles for E-cadherin and N-cadherin during lens vesicle separation and lens epithelial cell survival. Dev Biol. 2009;326:403-17 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the co-operative expression of both E- and N-cadherin during lens development is essential for normal cell sorting and subsequent lens vesicle separation...
- Nishioka N, Yamamoto S, Kiyonari H, Sato H, Sawada A, Ota M, et al. Tead4 is required for specification of trophectoderm in pre-implantation mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2008;125:270-83 pubmed
- Guseh J, Bores S, Stanger B, Zhou Q, Anderson W, Melton D, et al. Notch signaling promotes airway mucous metaplasia and inhibits alveolar development. Development. 2009;136:1751-9 pubmed publisher..Occasional distal cystic cells appeared to differentiate into normal proximal airway cells, suggesting that ectopic Notch signaling arrests the normal differentiation of distal lung progenitors before they initiate an alveolar program. ..
- Nagafuchi A, Shirayoshi Y, Okazaki K, Yasuda K, Takeichi M. Transformation of cell adhesion properties by exogenously introduced E-cadherin cDNA. Nature. 1987;329:341-3 pubmed..glycoprotein responsible for Ca2+-dependent intercellular adhesion between epithelial cells; it is also called uvomorulin, L-CAM (ref. 3), cell-CAM 120/80 (ref.4) or Arc-1 (ref. 5)...