Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdc42
Description: cell division cycle 42
Alias: AI747189, AU018915, G25K GTP-binding protein, cell division control protein 42 homolog, cell division cycle 42 homolog
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Rho GTPases and the actin cytoskeletonA Hall
Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, Cancer Research Campaign Oncogene and Signal Transduction Group, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Science 279:509-14. 1998....
- Protein array analysis of oligomerization-induced changes in alpha-synuclein protein-protein interactions points to an interference with Cdc42 effector proteinsC Schnack
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, CNS Research, Biberach an der Riss, Germany
Neuroscience 154:1450-7. 2008..with recombinant alpha-synuclein oligomers lead to the identification of several GTPase activating proteins and Cdc42 effector proteins as binding partners...
- Cdc42-dependent leading edge coordination is essential for interstitial dendritic cell migrationTim Lämmermann
Hofschneider Group Leukocyte Migration, Department of Molecular Medicine, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Blood 113:5703-10. 2009..We here delete the small GTPase Cdc42 in DCs and find that actin flow and actomyosin contraction are still initiated in response to chemotactic cues...
- Signaling role of Cdc42 in regulating mammalian physiologyJaime Melendez
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2375-81. 2011b>Cdc42 is a member of the Rho GTPase family of intracellular molecular switches regulating multiple signaling pathways involved in actomyosin organization and cell proliferation...
- Integrin-linked kinase is required for radial sorting of axons and Schwann cell remyelination in the peripheral nervous systemJorge A Pereira
Institute of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 185:147-61. 2009..ILK also facilitates axon remyelination, likely by promoting the activation of downstream molecules such as AKT/protein kinase B...
- Cdc42 deficiency causes Sonic hedgehog-independent holoprosencephalyLei Chen
Division of Experimental Hematology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16520-5. 2006..pathway that establishes this apical-basal polarity of NE is not completely understood, but the Rho-family GTPase Cdc42 may play a critical role because it controls cadherin-based intercellular junctions and cell polarity in many ..
- A Cdc42 activation cycle coordinated by PI 3-kinase during Fc receptor-mediated phagocytosisPeter Beemiller
Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program, and Biophysics Graduate Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:470-80. 2010..phagocytosis by macrophages requires phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and activation of the Rho-family GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1...
- Rho GTPase Cdc42 is essential for B-lymphocyte development and activationFukun Guo
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Blood 114:2909-16. 2009b>Cdc42 is a member of the Rho GTPase family that has been implicated in several cell functions including proliferation and migration, but its physiologic role needs to be dissected in each cell type...
- Cdc42 and Gsk3 modulate the dynamics of radial glial growth, inter-radial glial interactions and polarity in the developing cerebral cortexYukako Yokota
UNC Neuroscience Center and the Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Development 137:4101-10. 2010..Polarized expression of the cell polarity regulator Cdc42 in radial glia regulates glial endfeet activities and inter-radial glial interactions...
- Continuous cell injury promotes hepatic tumorigenesis in cdc42-deficient mouse liverJolanda van Hengel
Molecular Cell Biology Unit, VIB, Ghent, Belgium Department of Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Gastroenterology 134:781-92. 2008The Rho small guanosine triphosphatase Cdc42 is critical for diverse cellular functions, including regulation of actin organization, cell polarity, intracellular membrane trafficking, transcription, cell-cycle progression, and cell ..
- Cdc42- and IRSp53-dependent contractile filopodia tether presumptive lens and retina to coordinate epithelial invaginationBharesh K Chauhan
The Visual Systems Group, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 136:3657-67. 2009..Formation of filopodia is dependent on the Rho family GTPase Cdc42 and the Cdc42 effector IRSp53 (Baiap2). Loss of filopodia results in reduced lens pit invagination...
- Retinal degeneration modulates intracellular localization of CDC42 in photoreceptorsS R Heynen
Laboratory for Retinal Cell Biology, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Vis 17:2934-46. 2011Rho GTPases such as RAS-related C3 botulinum substrate 1 (RAC1) and cell division cycle 42 homolog (S. cerevisiae; CDC42) have been linked to cellular processes including movement, development, and apoptosis...
- Developmental expression of three small GTPases in the mouse eyeDianne C Mitchell
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
Mol Vis 13:1144-53. 2007..To explore this possibility, we examined the expression patterns of three major Rho-GTPases: RhoA, Rac1, and Cdc42 in embryonic, postnatal (one day after birth), and adult (two-month old) mouse eye.
- Activation of endogenous Cdc42 visualized in living cellsPerihan Nalbant
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
Science 305:1615-9. 2004Signaling proteins are tightly regulated spatially and temporally to perform multiple functions. For Cdc42 and other guanosine triphosphatases, the subcellular location of activation is a critical determinant of cell behavior...
- Cdc42 regulates Fc gamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis through the activation and phosphorylation of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP) and neural-WASPHaein Park
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:4500-8. 2009b>Cdc42 is a key regulator of the actin cytoskeleton and activator of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP)...
- Cadherin-cadherin engagement promotes cell survival via Rac1/Cdc42 and signal transducer and activator of transcription-3Rozanne Arulanandam
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, and Cancer Research Institute, Queen s University, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Mol Cancer Res 7:1310-27. 2009..Most importantly, our results also reveal for the first time an unexpected and dramatic surge in total Rac1 and Cdc42 protein levels triggered by cadherin engagement and an increase in Rac1 and Cdc42 activity, which is responsible ..
- Multiple alterations of platelet functions dominated by increased secretion in mice lacking Cdc42 in plateletsIrina Pleines
Department of Vascular Medicine, University Clinic, University of Würzburg and Rudolf Virchow Center, DFG Research Center for Experimental Biomedicine, Wurzburg, Germany
Blood 115:3364-73. 2010..Cytoskeletal reorganization is essential for platelet activation and secretion. The small GTPase Cdc42 has been implicated as an important mediator of filopodia formation and exocytosis in various cell types, but its ..
- The small Rho GTPase Cdc42 regulates neutrophil polarity via CD11b integrin signalingKathleen Szczur
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Blood 114:4527-37. 2009..Using a mouse model of high Cdc42 activity, we previously demonstrated the importance of Cdc42 activity in neutrophil migration...
- Cdc42 protein acts upstream of IQGAP1 and regulates cytokinesis in mouse oocytes and embryosAnna Bielak-Zmijewska
Department of Embryology, Institute of Zoology, University of Warsaw, Miecznikowa 1, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Dev Biol 322:21-32. 2008b>Cdc42 and Rac1 Rho family GTPases, and their interacting protein IQGAP1 are the key regulators of cell polarity...
- A role for Cdc42 in macrophage chemotaxisW E Allen
Muscle and Motility Research Centre, Randall Institute, King s College London WC2B 5RL, UK
J Cell Biol 141:1147-57. 1998Three members of the Rho family, Cdc42, Rac, and Rho are known to regulate the organization of actin-based cytoskeletal structures. In Bac1...
- Rho GTPase Cdc42 coordinates hematopoietic stem cell quiescence and niche interaction in the bone marrowLinda Yang
Division of Experimental Hematology and Pathology, Cincinnati Children s Research Foundation, Molecular Developmental Biology Graduate Program, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5091-6. 2007..In a conditional-knockout mouse model, we show that Cdc42(-/-) HSCs enter the active cell cycle, resulting in significantly increased number and frequency of the stem/..
- Coordination of IL-7 receptor and T-cell receptor signaling by cell-division cycle 42 in T-cell homeostasisFukun Guo
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18505-10. 2010..Here we demonstrate that T cell-specific deletion of cell-division cycle 42 (Cdc42) GTPase causes a profound loss of mature T cells...
- Cdc42 critically regulates the balance between myelopoiesis and erythropoiesisLinda Yang
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Blood 110:3853-61. 2007The Rho GTPase Cdc42 regulates adhesion, migration, and homing, as well as cell cycle progression, of hematopoietic stem cells, but its role in multilineage blood development remains unclear...
- Involvement of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/rac1 and cdc42 pathways in radial migration of cortical neuronsDaijiro Konno
Department of Neuroscience D13, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:5082-8. 2005..In the neocortical slice culture, a PI 3-kinase inhibitor suppressed the formation of GTP-bound Rac1 and Cdc42 and radial migration...
- Glucose-stimulated Cdc42 signaling is essential for the second phase of insulin secretionZhanxiang Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 282:9536-46. 2007The small Rho family GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1 have each been shown to function in insulin exocytosis and are presumed to function in actin remodeling and insulin granule mobilization...
- Cdc42 is an antihypertrophic molecular switch in the mouse heartMarjorie Maillet
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, University of Cincinnati, and Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Clin Invest 119:3079-88. 2009..Here we identify the small GTPase Cdc42 as a signaling intermediate that restrained the cardiac growth response to physiologic and pathologic stimuli...
- Cdc42 is crucial for the establishment of epithelial polarity during early mammalian developmentXunwei Wu
University of Copenhagen, Institute of Molecular Pathology, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dev Dyn 236:2767-78. 2007To study the role of Cdc42 in the establishment of epithelial polarity during mammalian development, we generated murine Cdc42-null embryonic stem cells and analyzed peri-implantation development using embryoid bodies (EBs)...
- Cdc42 is implicated in polarity during meiotic resumption and blastocyst formation in the mouseXiang Shun Cui
National Research Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, Department of Animal Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Seoul, Korea
Mol Reprod Dev 74:785-94. 2007Cell division cycle 42 (Cdc42), a member of the Rho family of small guanosine triphosphatase (GTPase) proteins, regulates multiple cell functions, including: motility, proliferation, apoptosis, and cell morphology...
- Cdc42 and mDia3 regulate microtubule attachment to kinetochoresShingo Yasuda
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nature 428:767-71. 2004..We now show that one member of this family, Cdc42, and its effector, mDia3, regulate MT attachment to kinetochores.
- Cdc42 and Rac1 signaling are both required for and act synergistically in the correct formation of myelin sheaths in the CNSTina Thurnherr
Institute for Cell Biology, Department of Biology, Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurosci 26:10110-9. 2006..Ablation of Cdc42 in cells of the oligodendrocyte lineage did not affect OPC proliferation, directed migration, or in vitro ..
- Gene targeting of Cdc42 and Cdc42GAP affirms the critical involvement of Cdc42 in filopodia induction, directed migration, and proliferation in primary mouse embryonic fibroblastsLinda Yang
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Molecular Developmental Biology Graduate Program, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4675-85. 2006Recent studies in Cdc42 knockout mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells and ES-derived fibroblastoid cell lines raise concern on a body of literature derived by dominant mutant expression approach in a variety of cell lines implicating ..
- Specific patterns of Cdc42 activity are related to distinct elements of T cell polarizationIrina Tskvitaria-Fuller
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 177:1708-20. 2006..The Rho family GTPase Cdc42 is a central regulator of cellular polarization...
- Cdc42 regulates cofilin during the establishment of neuronal polarityBoyan K Garvalov
Axonal Growth and Regeneration Group, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Neurosci 27:13117-29. 2007..We analyzed the consequences of loss of Cdc42, a central regulator of polarity in multiple systems, on the polarization of mammalian neurons...
- Asymmetric positioning and organization of the meiotic spindle of mouse oocytes requires CDC42 functionJie Na
The Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology and Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 16:1249-54. 2006..Here, we show that Cdc42, a key regulator of cytoskeleton and cell polarity in other systems , is essential for meiotic maturation and ..
- Distinct roles of Rac1/Cdc42 and Rho/Rock for axon outgrowth and nucleokinesis of precerebellar neurons toward netrin 1Frédéric Causeret
Institut Cochin, GDPM, INSERM U567, CNRS 8104, Universite Paris V, CHU Cochin, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Development 131:2841-52. 2004..axon outgrowth of PCN and prevents nuclei migration toward a netrin 1 source, whereas inhibition of Rac and Cdc42 sub-families impair neurite outgrowth of PCN without affecting migration...
- Essential and distinct roles for cdc42 and rac1 in the regulation of Schwann cell biology during peripheral nervous system developmentYves Benninger
Institute of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 177:1051-61. 2007..We use tissue-specific conditional gene targeting to show that members of the Rho GTPases, cdc42 and rac1, have different and essential roles in axon sorting by Schwann cells...
- Trio controls the mature organization of neuronal clusters in the hindbrainStéphanie Backer
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8104, 75014 Paris, France
J Neurosci 27:10323-32. 2007..Altogether, those results establish a link between Trio activity, the subsequent Rac1 activation, and neuronal clusters organization, as well as a possible recruitment of the Cadherin-11 adhesive receptor to form a complex with Trio...
- RhoA and Cdc42 are required in pre-migratory progenitors of the medial ganglionic eminence ventricular zone for proper cortical interneuron migrationKei Ichi Katayama
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 140:3139-45. 2013..Although RhoA and Cdc42, members of the Rho family of small GTPases, have been implicated in regulating neuronal migration, their ..
- Less is more: unveiling the functional core of hematopoietic stem cells through knockout miceLara Rossi
Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Stem Cell 11:302-17. 2012..Finally, we propose recommendations for characterization of HSC function in knockout mice to facilitate cross-study comparisons that would generate a more cohesive picture of HSC biology...
- Cupidin, an isoform of Homer/Vesl, interacts with the actin cytoskeleton and activated rho family small GTPases and is expressed in developing mouse cerebellar granule cellsY Shiraishi
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Neurosci 19:8389-400. 1999..On the other hand, the C-terminal portion of Cupidin bound to Cdc42, a member of Rho family small GTPases, in a GTP-dependent manner in vitro, and Cupidin functionally interacted ..
- ARHGEF7 (Beta-PIX) acts as guanine nucleotide exchange factor for leucine-rich repeat kinase 2Karina Haebig
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13762. 2010..Mutations within the leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2) gene are a common cause of familial and sporadic Parkinson's disease. The multidomain protein LRRK2 exhibits overall low GTPase and kinase activity in vitro...
- MAP1B regulates axonal development by modulating Rho-GTPase Rac1 activityCarolina Montenegro-Venegas
Department of Biology, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Mol Biol Cell 21:3518-28. 2010..Here we show that MAP1B deficiency results in a significant decrease in Rac1 and cdc42 activity and a significant increase in Rho activity...
- HER2/ErbB2-induced breast cancer cell migration and invasion require p120 catenin activation of Rac1 and Cdc42Emhonta Johnson
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 285:29491-501. 2010..ErbB2 induction of migration requires activation of the small GTPases Rac1 and Cdc42. The ability of ErbB2 to activate these small GTPases necessitated expression of p120 catenin, which is itself up-..
- Activation of Rho GTPases in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome: pathophysiological and clinical implicationsXiao Sheng Jiang
Section on Molecular Dysmorphology, Program in Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:1347-57. 2010..Phosphorylation of cofilin-1 is regulated by Rho GTPases through Rho-Rock-Limk-Cofilin-1 and Rac/Cdc42-Pak-Limk-Cofilin-1 pathways...
- Cdc42 regulates extracellular matrix remodeling in three dimensionsNisha S Sipes
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 286:36469-77. 2011..The Rho GTPase Cdc42 has been shown to regulate cell-ECM interaction in conventional two-dimensional culture conditions by using ..
- The small GTPase Cdc42 interacts with Niemann-Pick C1-like 1 (NPC1L1) and controls its movement from endocytic recycling compartment to plasma membrane in a cholesterol-dependent mannerChang Xie
The State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 286:35933-42. 2011..Here, we find that GTP-bound Cdc42 interacts with NPC1L1...
- Cdc42 controls vascular network assembly through protein kinase Cι during embryonic vasculogenesisYanmei Qi
Department of Surgery, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, 08903 0019, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1861-70. 2011The goal of this study was to determine the role of Cdc42 in embryonic vasculogenesis and the underlying mechanisms.
- Rho GTPases in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell migrationWei Liu
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 750:307-19. 2011Rho GTPases including RhoA, Rac1, and Cdc42 are a class of intracellular signaling proteins critical for the regulation of cytoskeleton organization, adhesion, and migration...
- Rab35 regulates neurite outgrowth and cell shapeJulien Chevallier
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
FEBS Lett 583:1096-101. 2009..Here, we find that Rab35 colocalizes with actin filaments and with Cdc42, Rac1 and RhoA, and that Rab35 can activate Cdc42 both in vivo and in vitro...
- The bacterial virulence factor lymphostatin compromises intestinal epithelial barrier function by modulating rho GTPasesBrian A Babbin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Pathol 174:1347-57. 2009..rodentium wild type differentially influenced Rho GTPase activation, suppressed Cdc42 activation, and induced Rho GTPase activation...
- Class A scavenger receptor-mediated macrophage adhesion requires coupling of calcium-independent phospholipase A(2) and 12/15-lipoxygenase to Rac and Cdc42 activationDejan M Nikolic
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Biol Chem 282:33405-11. 2007..Because of their role in regulating actin polymerization and cell adhesion, Rac and Cdc42 activation were also examined and shown to be increased via an iPLA(2)- and LOX-dependent pathway...
- Impaired Rho GTPase activation abrogates cell polarization and migration in macrophages with defective lipolysisElma Aflaki
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Center of Molecular Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Austria
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:3933-47. 2011..organization of the actin cytoskeleton, which is regulated by members of the small Rho GTPase family (RhoA, Cdc42, Rac) that are also important for the regulation of signal transduction pathways...
- Transience in polarization of cytolytic effectors is required for efficient killing and controlled by Cdc42Parisa Sinai
Department of Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11912-7. 2010..Polarization was regulated by Cdc42, a small Rho family GTPase universally critical for cytoskeletal dynamics...
- Distinct roles of Cdc42 in thymopoiesis and effector and memory T cell differentiationFukun Guo
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18002. 2011b>Cdc42 of the Rho GTPase family has been implicated in cell actin organization, proliferation, survival, and migration but its physiological role is likely cell-type specific...
- RhoB links PDGF signaling to cell migration by coordinating activation and localization of Cdc42 and RacMinzhou Huang
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
J Cell Biochem 112:1572-84. 2011..In this study, we show that RhoB is essential for activation and trafficking of the key migratory effectors Cdc42 and Rac in mediating the ability of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) to stimulate cell movement...
- Wnt signaling is required for organization of the lens fiber cell cytoskeleton and development of lens three-dimensional architectureYongjuan Chen
Save Sight Institute, The University of Sydney, NSW 2001, Sydney, Australia
Dev Biol 324:161-76. 2008..Components of the Wnt/Planar Cell Polarity (PCP) pathway were downregulated or inhibited. Taken together this supports a role for Wnt/PCP signaling in orchestrating the complex organization and dynamics of the fiber cell cytoskeleton...
- Two novel human NUMB isoforms provide a potential link between development and cancerAldona Karaczyn
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Neural Dev 5:31. 2010..Immunocytochemistry analyses show that NUMB5 and NUMB6 interact and complex with CDC42, vimentin and the CDC42 regulator IQGAP1 (IQ (motif) GTPase activating protein 1)...
- The complexity of the Rab and Rho GTP-binding protein subfamilies revealed by a PCR cloning approachP Chavrier
Cell Biology Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, F R G
Gene 112:261-4. 1992..These results confirm that the overall diversity of the Rab and Rho protein subfamilies account for more than thirty different members in mammalian cells...
- PX-RICS mediates ER-to-Golgi transport of the N-cadherin/beta-catenin complexTsutomu Nakamura
Laboratory of Molecular and Genetic Information, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Genes Dev 22:1244-56. 2008..Here we show that PX-RICS, a beta-catenin-interacting GTPase-activating protein (GAP) for Cdc42, mediates ER-to-Golgi transport of the N-cadherin/beta-catenin complex...
- Reelin signals through apolipoprotein E receptor 2 and Cdc42 to increase growth cone motility and filopodia formationJost Leemhuis
Center for Neuroscience, Albert Ludwigs University, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:14759-72. 2010..Reelin activates the Rho GTPase Cdc42, known for its role in neuronal morphogenesis and directed migration, in an apolipoprotein E receptor 2-, Disabled-..
- Nudel binds Cdc42GAP to modulate Cdc42 activity at the leading edge of migrating cellsYidong Shen
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Dev Cell 14:342-53. 2008Cdc42GAP promotes inactivation of Cdc42, a small GTPase whose activation at the leading edge by guanine nucleotide exchange factors is critical for cell migration...
- CTL-associated antigen-4 ligation induces rapid T cell polarization that depends on phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Vav-1, Cdc42, and myosin light chain kinaseBin Wei
Molecular Immunology Section, Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 179:400-8. 2007..Polarization required PI3K, the guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vav1, the GTP-binding protein Cdc42, as well as myosin L chain kinase...
- Rac-1 and IQGAP are potential regulators of E-cadherin-catenin interactions during murine preimplantation developmentDavid R Natale
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Mech Dev 119:S21-6. 2002..E-cadherin-based cell-to-cell adhesion through interactions with beta-catenin and the Rho GTPases, rac1 and cdc42. Our study demonstrates IQGAP-1,-2, rac-1 and cdc42 mRNAs are present throughout murine preimplantation ..
- The mouse Rhl1 and Rhag genes: sequence, organization, expression, and chromosomal mappingZ Liu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute, New York Blood Center, New York 10021, USA
Biochem Genet 37:119-38. 1999..The results together predate the occurrence and signify a conserved function of the erythroid-specific Rh membrane structures...
- c-Jun kinase mediates expression of VEGF induced at transcriptional level by Rac1 and Cdc42Hs but not by RhoAM Luisa Saníger
Departamento de Biologia Experimental, Universidad de Jaen, Campus de las Lagunillas s n, 23071 Jaen, Spain
J Cell Biochem 98:650-60. 2006..We carried out transient and stable transfection with constitutively activated rhoA, rac1, and cdc42 mutants in COS-7 and NIH3T3 cells, respectively in the absence of external stimuli...
- Molecular mechanisms of invadopodium formation: the role of the N-WASP-Arp2/3 complex pathway and cofilinHideki Yamaguchi
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Biol 168:441-52. 2005..expression analyses revealed that neural WASP (N-WASP), Arp2/3 complex, and their upstream regulators, Nck1, Cdc42, and WIP, are necessary for invadopodium formation...
- Molecular cloning and sequencing of rat Cdc42 GTPase cDNAJ S Han
Institute of Biomedical Science and Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 32:115-9. 2000b>Cdc42 is a member of the Rho family of small GTP-ase and plays an important role in intracellular signaling pathways regulating cell morphology, motility and stimulation of DNA synthesis...
- Regulation of CDC42 GTPase by proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 interacting with PSGAP, a novel pleckstrin homology and Src homology 3 domain containing rhoGAP proteinX R Ren
Department of Pathology and Cell Adhesion and Matrix Center, Pathology, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Cell Biol 152:971-84. 2001..PSGAP is able to increase GTPase activity of CDC42 and RhoA in vitro and in vivo...
- Regulation of Cdc42-mediated morphological effects: a novel function for p53Gilles Gadea
Centre de Recherche en Biochimie Macromoleculaire, CNRS UPR1086, IFR 24, 1919 Route de Mende, F 34293 Montpellier cedex 5, France
EMBO J 21:2373-82. 2002..We investigated the overall effect of p53 on morphological changes induced by RhoA, Rac1 and Cdc42 GTPases in mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs)...
- Leishmania donovani promastigotes induce periphagosomal F-actin accumulation through retention of the GTPase Cdc42Robert Lodge
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, 531, boul des Prairies, Laval, Quebec, Canada H7V 1B7
Cell Microbiol 7:1647-58. 2005..In this study, we addressed the role of the Rho-family GTPases RhoA, Rac1 and Cdc42 in the uptake of L. donovani promastigotes and in the accumulation of periphagosomal F-actin...
- N-cadherin-dependent cell-cell contact regulates Rho GTPases and beta-catenin localization in mouse C2C12 myoblastsSophie Charrasse
Centre de Recherche de Biochimie Macromoleculaire, 34293 Montpellier Cedex, France
J Cell Biol 158:953-65. 2002..We propose that cell-cell contacts formed via N-cadherin trigger signaling events that promote the commitment to myogenesis through the positive regulation of RhoA and negative regulation of Rac1, Cdc42Hs, and JNK activities...
- BNIP-2 induces cell elongation and membrane protrusions by interacting with Cdc42 via a unique Cdc42-binding motif within its BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology domainYi Ting Zhou
Cell Signaling and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, The National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
Exp Cell Res 303:263-74. 2005The Cdc42 small GTPase regulates cytoskeletal reorganization and cell morphological changes that result in cellular extensions, migration, or cytokinesis...
- E-cadherin is essential for in vivo epidermal barrier function by regulating tight junctionsJudith A Tunggal
Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne CMMC, Cologne, Germany
EMBO J 24:1146-56. 2005..Surprisingly, our results indicate that E-cadherin is specifically required for tight junction, but not desmosome, formation and this appears to involve signalling rather than cell contact formation...
- Complete cDNAs for CDC42 from chicken cochlea and mouse liverT W Gong
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0648, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1352:282-92. 1997b>CDC42 is a member of the ras superfamily of small GTP-binding proteins that are related through the highly conserved GTP-binding domain and are involved in signal transduction pathways...
- MicroRNA-133 controls cardiac hypertrophyAlessandra Carè
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Nat Med 13:613-8. 2007..We identified specific targets of miR-133: RhoA, a GDP-GTP exchange protein regulating cardiac hypertrophy; Cdc42, a signal transduction kinase implicated in hypertrophy; and Nelf-A/WHSC2, a nuclear factor involved in ..
- The crystal structure of Cdc42 in complex with collybistin II, a gephyrin-interacting guanine nucleotide exchange factorSong Xiang
Department of Biochemistry, SUNY Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
J Mol Biol 359:35-46. 2006..to the Dbl family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors, occurs in multiple splice variants, and is specific for Cdc42, a small GTPase belonging to the Rho family. The 2...
- Cdc42 is involved in PKCepsilon- and delta-induced neurite outgrowth and stress fibre dismantlingUlrika Trollér
Lund University, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Molecular Medicine, Entrance 78, 3rd Floor, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:91-8. 2006..This was accompanied by stress fibre loss. Here, we have examined the role of the small GTPases, Rac1, and Cdc42, in these PKC-mediated morphological and cytoskeletal changes...
- Vav GEFs are required for beta2 integrin-dependent functions of neutrophilsM Angelica Martinez Gakidis
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 166:273-82. 2004..Thus, Vav proteins are specifically required for stable adhesion. beta2-induced activation of Cdc42, Rac1, and RhoA is defective in Vav1/3ko neutrophils, and phosphorylation of Pyk2, paxillin, and Akt is also ..
- A direct interaction between Cdc42 and vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 regulates SNARE-dependent insulin exocytosisAngela K Nevins
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Center for Diabetes Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 280:1944-52. 2005..SNAP) receptor) proteins, and this is coupled to cortical F-actin reorganization via the Rho family GTPase Cdc42 by an unknown mechanism...
- Hydrogen peroxide formation and actin filament reorganization by Cdc42 are essential for ethanol-induced in vitro angiogenesisYong Qian
Pathology and Physiology Research Branch, Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16189-97. 2003..Mechanistically, ethanol stimulation activated Cdc42 and produced H(2)O(2) a reactive oxygen species intermediate in SVEC4-10 cells...
- JNK phosphorylation of paxillin, acting through the Rac1 and Cdc42 signaling cascade, mediates neurite extension in N1E-115 cellsJunji Yamauchi
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, 2 10 1 Oukura, Setagaya, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
Exp Cell Res 312:2954-61. 2006..Here we show that c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK), which is controlled by Rho GTPases Rac1 and Cdc42, is activated following neurite extension in mouse N1E-115 neuroblastoma cells as a model...
- Disruption of the Diaphanous-related formin Drf1 gene encoding mDia1 reveals a role for Drf3 as an effector for Cdc42Jun Peng
Laboratory of Cell Structure and Signal Integration, Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick Avenue, N E, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Curr Biol 13:534-45. 2003..p134 mDia2 (Drf3) have been shown to bind in vitro to activated RhoA-C, and Drf3 has also been shown to bind to Cdc42, little is known about the cellular function of these GTPase effector pairs...
- RICS, a novel GTPase-activating protein for Cdc42 and Rac1, is involved in the beta-catenin-N-cadherin and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor signalingToshio Okabe
Laboratory of Molecular and Genetic Information, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:9920-7. 2003..Here we show that beta-catenin interacts with a novel GTPase-activating protein, named RICS, that acts on Cdc42 and Rac1...
- Cdc42 and Rac1 are necessary for autotaxin-induced tumor cell motility in A2058 melanoma cellsIn Duk Jung
College of Medicine, Konyang University, 320 711, Nonsan, South Korea
FEBS Lett 532:351-6. 2002..ATX activated Cdc42 and Rac1 and increased complex formation between these small G proteins and p21-activated kinase (PAK)...
- Functional analysis of ARHGAP6, a novel GTPase-activating protein for RhoAS K Prakash
Departments of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 9:477-88. 2000..These results suggest that ARHGAP6 has two independent functions: one as a GAP with specificity for RhoA and the other as a cytoskeletal protein that promotes actin remodeling...
- Four paralogous protein 4.1 genes map to distinct chromosomes in mouse and humanL L Peters
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, 04609, USA
Genomics 54:348-50. 1998..All of the mouse genes mapped within or adjacent to regions of conserved synteny with corresponding human chromosomes. We conclude that a set of four paralogous 4.1 genes has been evolutionarily conserved in rodents and primates...
- MEK kinases are regulated by EGF and selectively interact with Rac/Cdc42G R Fanger
Division of Basic Sciences, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
EMBO J 16:4961-72. 1997..In contrast to MEKK2 and 3, MEKK1 and 4 specifically associated with Rac and Cdc42 and kinase-inactive mutants blocked Rac/Cdc42 stimulation of JNK activity...
- Genomic organization and chromosomal location of murine Cdc42P W Marks
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genomics 38:13-8. 1996b>cdc42 is a member of the rho family of small GTPases, which are implicated as regulators of cellular morphology. To date, one murine and two human cdc42 isoforms have been identified...
- Identification of genes expressed after noise exposure in the chick basilar papillaT W Gong
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0648, USA
Hear Res 96:20-32. 1996..delta-subunit of the neuronal-specific Ca2+/calmodulin-regulated protein kinase II; and the GTP-binding protein CDC42, a member of the ras superfamily of G proteins...
- Oncogene ect2 is related to regulators of small GTP-binding proteinsT Miki
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Nature 362:462-5. 1993..Thus ect2 is a new member of an expanding family, whose products have transforming properties and interact with Rho-like proteins of the Ras superfamily...
- Bone marrow progenitor cells induce endothelial adherens junction integrity by sphingosine-1-phosphate-mediated Rac1 and Cdc42 signalingYidan D Zhao
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
Circ Res 105:696-704, 8 p following 704. 2009..Little is known about the contribution of bone marrow-derived progenitor cells (BMPCs) in the regulation endothelial barrier function as defined by microvascular permeability alterations at the level of adherens junctions (AJs)...
- Imaging filopodia dynamics in the mouse blastocystEnrique Salas-Vidal
Departamento de Fisiologia Molecular y Genetica del Desarrollo, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, A P 510 3, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62271, Mexico
Dev Biol 265:75-89. 2004..We propose that traversing filopodia are employed by mitotic mTE cells to receive the required signals for cell division after they become distant to the ICM...
- Calcium-dependent interaction of Lis1 with IQGAP1 and Cdc42 promotes neuronal motilityStanislav S Kholmanskikh
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:50-7. 2006..Lis1 deficiency is associated with deregulation of the Rho-family GTPases Cdc42, Rac1 and RhoA, and ensuing actin cytoskeletal defects, but the link between Lis1 and Rho GTPases remains unclear...
- Membrane localization of adenomatous polyposis coli protein at cellular protrusions: targeting sequences and regulation by beta-cateninManisha Sharma
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research, University of Sydney, Westmead Millennium Institute at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:17140-9. 2006..Our findings identify beta-catenin as a regulator of APC targeting to membrane clusters and link these two proteins to cell migration...
- Critical role of Cdc42 in mediating endothelial barrier protection in vivoRamaswamy Ramchandran
Department of Pharmacology and the Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L363-9. 2008Activation of the Rho GTPase Cdc42 has been shown in endothelial cell monolayers to prevent disassembly of interendothelial junctions and the increase in endothelial permeability...
- Rac1 links integrin-mediated adhesion to the control of lactational differentiation in mammary epitheliaNasreen Akhtar
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, England, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 173:781-93. 2006..Rac1 is required downstream of integrins for activation of the PrlR/Stat5 signaling cascade. Cdc42 is also necessary for milk protein synthesis but functions via a distinct mechanism to Rac1...
- Influencing cellular transformation by modulating the rates of GTP hydrolysis by Cdc42Nancy Fidyk
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biochemistry 45:7750-62. 2006The small GTPase Cdc42 has been implicated in a number of cellular responses ranging from the regulation of the actin cytoskeletal architecture to intracellular trafficking and cell cycle progression...
- A dual role for IQGAP1 in regulating exocytosisEric N Rittmeyer
Department of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 2703, USA
J Cell Sci 121:391-403. 2008..We further show that activation of CDC42 GTPase abolishes this association and inhibits secretion in pancreatic beta-cells...
- Heterotrimeric G protein betagamma subunits stimulate FLJ00018, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1 and Cdc42Hiroshi Ueda
Department of Biomolecular Science, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, Yanagido 1 1, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:1946-53. 2008..Combined expression of Gbetagamma and FLJ00018 significantly induced activation of Rac and Cdc42 but not RhoA...
- A PI3K activity-independent function of p85 regulatory subunit in control of mammalian cytokinesisZaira García
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 25:4740-51. 2006..We analyzed the mechanism by which p85alpha regulates cytokinesis; p85alpha deletion reduced Cdc42 activation in the cleavage furrow and septin 2 accumulation at this site...
- Rac1 signaling stimulates N-cadherin expression, mesenchymal condensation, and chondrogenesisAnita Woods
CIHR Group in Skeletal Development and Remodeling, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5C1, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:23500-8. 2007..Additionally, we provide evidence that Cdc42 also promotes chondrogenesis...
- TRE17 links actin remodeling & vesicle traffickingMargaret Chou; Fiscal Year: 2009Acquisition of a motile, invasive phenotype is a key step in malignant transformation. The Rho family GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1 play a central role in this process by regulating dynamic actin remodeling and vesicular trafficking, ..